Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

SG  :hug: Am I correct in assuming that now I'm using 1ml of alcohol in the water its okay to make a few days doses in advance as the alcohol will act as a preservative? Also I just remembered that Jamaican over proof white rum is  63.0% Alcohol making it 126 proof,

http://sr3.wine-searcher.net/images/labels/80/87/j-wray-nephew-white-overproof-rum-jamaica-10218087t.jpg

I can't find ''everclear'' anywhere so far but I know its easily found in USA. But the above ''paint stripper ( I can't believe in my 20's I drank that stuff  ''very occasionally'' with Jamaican friends :D) can be bought online in UK for the same price I paid for the Absolute vodka I bought.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

That stuff should work very well.  1ml of it will dissolve 15mg V.  I think you can make up days worth of doses without worry.  I see people do a week or two all the time.  I used to make 10-day supplies when I was tapering.

Thank you sire  :-* :-* :-* Anyway how are you yourself these days?  I know you yourself have suffered  :hug: Yet you tirelessly allow us to give you even more brain strain with your non- stop giving to this community  who without  the kind selfless souls like your self would be still wandering bare foot and naked in the Benzo wilderness  :D 

I can no other answer make but thanks, and thanks, and ever thanks...

William Shakespeare (~1564-1616) From: Twelfth Night, Act III, Scene 3

That stuff should work very well.  1ml of it will dissolve 15mg V.  I think you can make up days worth of doses without worry.  I see people do a week or two all the time.  I used to make 10-day supplies when I was tapering.

Thank you sire  :-* :-* :-* Anyway how are you yourself these days?  I know you yourself have suffered  :hug: Yet you tirelessly allow us to give you even more brain strain with your non- stop giving to this community  who without  the kind selfless souls like your self would be still wandering bare foot and naked in the Benzo wilderness  :D 

:laugh:

I'm 41 months free and struggling.  It has gotten better, but it is still hard.  These head symptoms just do not seem to want to let me go.  But the distraction of doing this helps me.  It is the best way I know to deal with my own symptoms.  I look at it like volunteer work...a good way to occupy my time while I heal.

• Like 1

SG, I am really started to feel pretty drunk and drugged at 6.5 mg v, and still have 3 10.7 ml doses of a to get rid of, do I have to wait until I am completely crossed over to know if I have to take all the 9 mg of valium?  I posted to you a few days ago about it and you thought the 9mg of v could be overkill, but you also made a remark about remembering that the ambien is in there too yet...does that mean that I would need less valium because the ambien is still there?  I didn't quite understand your remark...I know I do need to get rid of it and intend to down the line...I am feeling quite strong withdrawal sxs from the Ativan doses I have eliminated in the last 3 weeks, 3 doses, this is somewhat confusing to me, just don't know how I would tell if I get to enough valium...I am totally tired and out of it big time and can't think straight at all on this stuff....thoughts?  Much, much thanks to you!  I too thank you for all you do, and wish you much healing in the very near future....Stella

SG, I am really started to feel pretty drunk and drugged at 6.5 mg v, and still have 3 10.7 ml doses of a to get rid of, do I have to wait until I am completely crossed over to know if I have to take all the 9 mg of valium?  I posted to you a few days ago about it and you thought the 9mg of v could be overkill, but you also made a remark about remembering that the ambien is in there too yet...does that mean that I would need less valium because the ambien is still there?  I didn't quite understand your remark...I know I do need to get rid of it and intend to down the line...I am feeling quite strong withdrawal sxs from the Ativan doses I have eliminated in the last 3 weeks, 3 doses, this is somewhat confusing to me, just don't know how I would tell if I get to enough valium...I am totally tired and out of it big time and can't think straight at all on this stuff....thoughts?  Much, much thanks to you!  I too thank you for all you do, and wish you much healing in the very near future....Stella

I'm trying to remember the details.  You are crossing about .6mg A and keeping the ambien for now?  Ashton would replace the .6mg A with 6mg V.  Going to 9mg is a big updose, but might not be a bad idea.  If you are currently at 6.5mg V plus .321mg A your equivalent dose is 9.71mg V.  That's more than enough, but if you have been on that dose for a while you may have already become dependent on it.  The ambien does not enter into this if it remain unchanged.

I'm 41 months free and struggling.  It has gotten better, but it is still hard.  These head symptoms just do not seem to want to let me go.  But the distraction of doing this helps me.  It is the best way I know to deal with my own symptoms.  I look at it like volunteer work...a good way to occupy my time while I heal.

SG,

Thanks for all you do.

Glad it has gotten some better for you, but wish you more healing. Are your head sxs of the anxiety type or something else? (You certainly don't have to answer)

Prayers and thanks,

• Like 1

so, I still have 3 doses to get rid of....do I do that without adding more v if I am at the equiv. of over 9 mg of v already?  Is the .325 my Ativan that is left then?  I have been on the 6 mg of v for 30 days now, and cut my a 7 days ago by 1/2 dose and added .50 of v, that is how I got the 6.5 of v.  My head is so cloudy on this v I hate it, I can't think straight at all....do I still keep adding .50 v to the 1/2 doses I have to get rid of yet, to come up with the actual 9 mg of v and not just the equivalent of 9 mg of v?  Would that be the easiest thing to do?  I have been cutting every week, so it doesn't seem like I would be dependent on it yet....am I right?  Or do I need to cut a whole dose to stop the dependency?  sigh....this cross is a bear, lots harder than I thought it would ever be, but I couldn't take the ID on the a anymore...thanks again....."mixed up Stella....."

SG,

Thanks for all you do.

Glad it has gotten some better for you, but wish you more healing. Are your head sxs of the anxiety type or something else? (You certainly don't have to answer)

Prayers and thanks,

Thanks for asking.  No anxiety, good memory.  Flat affect, cognition problems, head discomfort, rumbling noise in my head, weak speaking voice, dp/dr, tardive dyskinesia, poor sleep, apathy, no joy.  Basically, my brain has been stunned and it is taking a long time to get back to normal.  I've improved a lot, but am kind of shocked at the slowness of the pace.  My family is starting to worry I will never recover, but I can see I am tracking like a CT case.  I'll be there in 12-24 more months...maybe 36 to get rid of every little bit.

SG,

Thanks for all you do.

Prayers and thanks,

Thanks for asking.  No anxiety, good memory.  Flat affect, cognition problems, head discomfort, rumbling noise in my head, weak speaking voice, dp/dr, tardive dyskinesia, poor sleep, apathy, no joy.  Basically, my brain has been stunned and it is taking a long time to get back to normal.  I've improved a lot, but am kind of shocked at the slowness of the pace.  My family is starting to worry I will never recover, but I can see I am tracking like a CT case.  I'll be there in 12-24 more months...maybe 36 to get rid of every little bit.

SG,

Did you have all these head sxs prior to your going off the K?

I sincerely hope they improve for you and your family. Sooner than later. Completely understand the no joy.

Was told last week by a neurologist that I may have Tardive dyskinesia also, in addition to my akathasia. Did your's come from your withdrawal?

Thanks again

SG7 or Builder, i could really use some advice right now I was tapering .01/ like following : c/h/c/h/c/h/h and after 2 weeks so tapering off .O6 i got hit badly with sadness, crying, loneliness, bad headaches pushing above my right eye. I think i'm going to fast, but can't hold for to long since body tolerance after 2 weeks with short working benzo. I so badly want to move forward even it's just a bit. Feeling like this i think this was to big of a cut .06 in 2 weeks. I'm holding now because we're leaving on a holiday for 5 days but how can i move on without slammed in the face like this ? Do i have to go lower like .02/ week or .01. Please somebody can give me some advice what possibilities i've got to move on ? I can't get a grip on the way my body wants me to go. Just need to be as functional as possible with 2 kids around that have to be at  their different hobbies. I'm really clueless right now and so unsure of what to do.

I know i must follow my body but i just can't seem to find out a taper rate that's good for me. I do have symptoms most of the time but headache and nausea i can cope with, .. Please would love some help and good advice. So i can try what to do after this cut.

Thanks so much !

SG,

Did you have all these head sxs prior to your going off the K?

I sincerely hope they improve for you and your family. Sooner than later. Completely understand the no joy.

Was told last week by a neurologist that I may have Tardive dyskinesia also, in addition to my akathasia. Did your's come from your withdrawal?

Thanks again

All these symptoms were caused by the taper.  Life was okay prior to that.  My brain was unable to work right without the K.  I asked this in your PM, but what is your TD like?  It seems like a rare symptom.

SG7 or Builder, i could really use some advice right now I was tapering .01/ like following : c/h/c/h/c/h/h and after 2 weeks so tapering off .O6 i got hit badly with sadness, crying, loneliness, bad headaches pushing above my right eye. I think i'm going to fast, but can't hold for to long since body tolerance after 2 weeks with short working benzo. I so badly want to move forward even it's just a bit. Feeling like this i think this was to big of a cut .06 in 2 weeks. I'm holding now because we're leaving on a holiday for 5 days but how can i move on without slammed in the face like this ? Do i have to go lower like .02/ week or .01. Please somebody can give me some advice what possibilities i've got to move on ? I can't get a grip on the way my body wants me to go. Just need to be as functional as possible with 2 kids around that have to be at  their different hobbies. I'm really clueless right now and so unsure of what to do.

I know i must follow my body but i just can't seem to find out a taper rate that's good for me. I do have symptoms most of the time but headache and nausea i can cope with, .. Please would love some help and good advice. So i can try what to do after this cut.

Thanks so much !

It sounds like you need to hold longer.  A week or two really is not much time for this process.  Why not try a longer hold and try to clear some of these symptoms up?

I was planning on a longer hold now but i'm scared once i got to three weeks hold or longer i'll go into tolerance withdrawal again My body reacts quiet quick to a certain amount. A short working benzo already made my body go nuts being on it on 2 weeks hold without tapering.

So i'm holding for now... that ain't a problem but what after this... could you give some possibilities what my options are to go down. I don't mind a holding for a while but i don't now any schedule for my body to respond to since i've even tried tapering with .01.. Should i make .02 cuts a week and hold till better or what do you think i should do since i'm so sensitive in this ?

Thanks heaps ! Sh x

I was planning on a longer hold now but i'm scared once i got to three weeks hold or longer i'll go into tolerance withdrawal again My body reacts quiet quick to a certain amount. A short working benzo already made my body go nuts being on it on 2 weeks hold without tapering.

So i'm holding for now... that ain't a problem but what after this... could you give some possibilities what my options are to go down. I don't mind a holding for a while but i don't now any schedule for my body to respond to since i've even tried tapering with .01.. Should i make .02 cuts a week and hold till better or what do you think i should do since i'm so sensitive in this ?

Thanks heaps ! Sh x

It might be good to talk to these people and see what they think...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.2360

I'd have to know your history and monthly percentages.  Holding is good for addressing symptoms.  Typically, the symptoms will wax and wane, but the body is always working to correct the problems.  I think we can rely on that.

Most of my history is in my signature.

I was fine on cutting 1 mg till 5. Then i went to 4.5 / 4 / 3.5 (daily taper 5 % on 10d) when i got to 3.25 it got harder so i started 5 % on 14 d) to get from about 3.13 i tapered .01 a day with a few little holds. Now under 3 it gets harder : my new way like below in signature was to hard for me after 2 weeks. This is shortly said where i'm coming from. Thanks a lot already SG for helping. I'll check the link aswell !

Grtz x Sh

Most of my history is in my signature.

I was fine on cutting 1 mg till 5. Then i went to 4.5 / 4 / 3.5 (daily taper 5 % on 10d) when i got to 3.25 it got harder so i started 5 % on 14 d) to get from about 3.13 i tapered .01 a day with a few little holds. Now under 3 it gets harder : my new way like below in signature was to hard for me after 2 weeks. This is shortly said where i'm coming from. Thanks a lot already SG for helping. I'll check the link aswell !

Grtz x Sh

So you cut 15%/month for 1.75mg, then 10%/month for ~.5mg.  I'd give it a rest.  You can either hold or updose, but I would not continue to push if symptoms are increasing.

Okay thanks SG i will not updosing i think, i'm already on day 6 of last cut.. feeling a bit better this afternoon... so i will hold this one for a while.

Would a cut of .02 would be to much for me since .06 over 2 weeks was to much ? If i go to 2.92 and hold again and when i feel okay move on ?

Okay thanks SG i will not updosing i think, i'm already on day 6 of last cut.. feeling a bit better this afternoon... so i will hold this one for a while.

Would a cut of .02 would be to much for me since .06 over 2 weeks was to much ? If i go to 2.92 and hold again and when i feel okay move on ?

It takes a lot of time to get rid of persistent symptoms.  Time is what is needed.  When you taper, yes, a lower cut rate will help.  You want to taper in a way that at worst does not increase symptoms and that hopefully gets them to reduce as you go.

Ok I'm on crushing pills tirating.  Now I've been trying to do  7th day taper.  On 10.37mg.  Tried holding 2 weeks.  Hmmm.  Now wondering if cut down 5% instead, or there is I heard a daily taper.  Wondering if that wouldn't be even easier.  Just a thought or question.  Fee!IMG kinda stuck.  Could be my mood today too.  Thanks Dolly

SG, Here's the math question from my other thread related to my switching from dry cutting to liquid suspension of my Q.

Each tablet of Q is pretty consistent in weighing .101, so I just rounded that to .100 and pretend I am cutting from .100 because my brain likes round numbers. I'm down to .070 this week. I cut .001 each week. Or sometimes I wait two weeks if my symptoms are really annoying.

So for a suspension, I would drop the tablet in water and let it disintegrate then I add water to make 100ml. And shake it up.

If I am at .070 weight with dry cutting, do I just switch to pulling out 30ml and being at 70 ml? And then pull one more ml every week? I want to keep this as close to what I'm doing now as possible so I don't upset the apple cart.

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Gard

SG, Here's the math question from my other thread related to my switching from dry cutting to liquid suspension of my Q.

Each tablet of Q is pretty consistent in weighing .101, so I just rounded that to .100 and pretend I am cutting from .100 because my brain likes round numbers. I'm down to .070 this week. I cut .001 each week. Or sometimes I wait two weeks if my symptoms are really annoying.

So for a suspension, I would drop the tablet in water and let it disintegrate then I add water to make 100ml. And shake it up.

If I am at .070 weight with dry cutting, do I just switch to pulling out 30ml and being at 70 ml? And then pull one more ml every week? I want to keep this as close to what I'm doing now as possible so I don't upset the apple cart.

Thanks.

Gard

Yes, that should work.  Although there is also the 'switch to liquid' phenomena that can happen.  But otherwise, it is the same thing.  Putting the pill into 100ml water and removing 30ml leaves you with 70ml, which is the same as a .100g pill that now weighs .070g.

Hi SG, I am almost to the point of using 100ml of water, but not quite, my question is, is there anything to cover the taste of V and V, it is not the worse, but as I get lower it is going to be more pronounced and I make mine daily, it just works better for me and as you remember I only use 1ml of Vodka. Any thoughts. Thanks. :smitten:

Hi SG, I am almost to the point of using 100ml of water, but not quite, my question is, is there anything to cover the taste of V and V, it is not the worse, but as I get lower it is going to be more pronounced and I make mine daily, it just works better for me and as you remember I only use 1ml of Vodka. Any thoughts. Thanks. :smitten:

Once your doses are made and in their separate containers there is no reason you can't flavor them any way you want.  Dilute it, add juice...whatever.

Once your doses are made and in their separate containers there is no reason you can't flavor them any way you want.  Dilute it, add juice...whatever.

Thanks so much I will get some juice, not grapefruit for sure. :smitten:

Thanks.

Gard

Yes, that should work.  Although there is also the 'switch to liquid' phenomena that can happen.  But otherwise, it is the same thing.  Putting the pill into 100ml water and removing 30ml leaves you with 70ml, which is the same as a .100g pill that now weighs .070g.

Thanks! When I switched to liquids with other meds (Xanax, Librium, gabapentin) I never noticed much difference, so I'm hoping that's a predictor of success. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ho...]
    • [Da...]
    • [...]
    • [Cr...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [mi...]
    • [...]
    • [Vo...]
    • [ge...]
    • [La...]
    • [Ch...]