Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi SG57, I am doing a direct taper from Zopiclone and it is going fairly well....manageable symptoms and interdose anxiety has passed.  I am now down to 2.2 mg from 10 or 11 mg in early April. I am cutting and weighing - 1% of current dose per day.

As I am getting to smaller amounts I am wondering if there is a way to switch to a liquid taper. Does Zopiclone dissolve in water? As you say, cutting and weighing is not very accurate. It does have a really bad taste but I could tolerate that I think.

Many thanks for all that you do for us.  LL

Search for 'solubility of zopiclone in water' and you'll get hits.  It seems to not be judging by a quick search.  It says it has some alcohol solubility so that might mean it can be handled like we handle benzos by using a little alcohol or PG, then diluting with water.  But I haven't looked into it enough to know for certain.

Z is only 67% as potent as V so, if you have a .001g scale, it can probably be tapered that way all the way to zero, depending on your pill size and weight.  What is your pill size and weight?

Thanks SG57 for looking. I came to the same conclusion. I use the 7.5 mg Zopiclone tablet which weighs 165 mg. I am at 2.2 mg of Zopiclone now.

I understand how different the numbers are depending on what med you are talking about. Given that "Z is only 67% as potent as V", do you have any idea at what dose it is reasonable to "jump"? What is recommended for those tapering V? Are they on just one dose at the end? I just take it before bed.

I was thinking I'd jump at about 1.4 mg as that is what SeekingSanity did. She went on to have protracted withdrawal and so perhaps not. The lower the better? Or just get off it asap?! According to my taper chart I will be at 1.4 mid August if all goes well.

Many thanks, LL

Search for 'solubility of zopiclone in water' and you'll get hits.  It seems to not be judging by a quick search.  It says it has some alcohol solubility so that might mean it can be handled like we handle benzos by using a little alcohol or PG, then diluting with water.  But I haven't looked into it enough to know for certain.

Z is only 67% as potent as V so, if you have a .001g scale, it can probably be tapered that way all the way to zero, depending on your pill size and weight.  What is your pill size and weight?

Thanks SG57 for looking. I came to the same conclusion. I use the 7.5 mg Zopiclone tablet which weighs 165 mg. I am at 2.2 mg of Zopiclone now.

I understand how different the numbers are depending on what med you are talking about. Given that "Z is only 67% as potent as V", do you have any idea at what dose it is reasonable to "jump"? What is recommended for those tapering V? Are they on just one dose at the end? I just take it before bed.

I was thinking I'd jump at about 1.4 mg as that is what SeekingSanity did. She went on to have protracted withdrawal and so perhaps not. The lower the better? Or just get off it asap?! According to my taper chart I will be at 1.4 mid August if all goes well.

Many thanks, LL

7.5mg and .165g.  That's .045mg for each .001g on the scale and it is the smallest cut you can make.  Not too bad really.  It is equivalent to .03mg V.

I'd taper all the way to zero...no jumping.  Jumping from 1.4mg could be painful.

Today I eliminated my morning dose.  I dosed twice a day and kept it even as close as possible.  I had to use a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.  I stopped the morning dose at 0.01ml.  My night dose is at 0.02ml.  I will finish up the night dose soon.  I haven't felt much of anything the last few weeks so I am not concerned about being done with my taper and have I no fear of being off.  I think feeling good and my body getting stronger helps with the confidence.

Today I eliminated my morning dose.  I dosed twice a day and kept it even as close as possible.  I had to use a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.  I stopped the morning dose at 0.01ml.  My night dose is at 0.02ml.  I will finish up the night dose soon.  I haven't felt much of anything the last few weeks so I am not concerned about being done with my taper and having fear of being off.  I think feeling good and my body getting stronger helps with the confidence.

So happy for you, Arcade!

Today I eliminated my morning dose.  I dosed twice a day and kept it even as close as possible.  I had to use a spreadsheet to keep track of everything.  I stopped the morning dose at 0.01ml.  My night dose is at 0.02ml.  I will finish up the night dose soon.  I haven't felt much of anything the last few weeks so I am not concerned about being done with my taper and have I no fear of being off.  I think feeling good and my body getting stronger helps with the confidence.

:thumbsup:

Given that "Z is only 67% as potent as V", do you have any idea at what dose it is reasonable to "jump"?...

I was thinking I'd jump at about 1.4 mg as that is what SeekingSanity did. She went on to have protracted withdrawal and so perhaps not. The lower the better? Or just get off it asap?!....

Many thanks, LL

7.5mg and .165g.  That's .045mg for each .001g on the scale and it is the smallest cut you can make.  Not too bad really.  It is equivalent to .03mg V.

I'd taper all the way to zero...no jumping.  Jumping from 1.4mg could be painful.

Thanks SG57. That sounds wise to me. I will continue until I am down to crumbs. LL

Hi SG :hug: Is half a  1ml syringe of Vodka enough to dissolve a 2mg Diazepam? I'm asking a I've used plain water until now but am now worried that I maybe practically CTing myself as Diazepam only dissolves a little in plain water and the last time I tried Vodka I used 2mg in 200mls of spring water and it was to much for me due to sensitivity. Even in that amount of water I felt it burning around my brain as I drank it, and after that I was too afraid to try it again.  :o

And due to the fact the Diazepam is crystal mixed with fillers and binders, please correct me if I'm wrong, what appears to be ''dissolved Diazepam'' is actually just the binders fillers. And as the actual drug is crystal its practically impossible to see with the naked eye how much its dissolved if at all? I actually put half a ml of Vodka in  with a little of the 200mls of water last night, let it sit before adding the rest of the water, and had no bad effect while drinking or after drinking, but wonder if that's enough or is it now a case of a little is better than nothing in regards to solubility using half a ml?

I am also nearly 5 months ( next Monday) in to what I planed to be a 6 month hold ( maybe longer again on re-evaluation at 6 months) but worry that the solubility problem will cause on bad knock on effect no matter what I do until I get that sorted out :-\ I don't want to cause too much flux in my body after being consistent over the last few months well since last year actually using plain water. But the fact the Diazepam doesn't dissolve much in just water is worrying me as Alcohol is the best out of the solvents to use for Diazepam.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova, I want to chime in here, I use just 1ml of Vodka and it dissolves fine, for some reason the 2ml kept getting me mixed up with my numbers. Best to you Sista'

Hi Nova, I want to chime in here, I use just 1ml of Vodka and it dissolves fine, for some reason the 2ml kept getting me mixed up with my numbers. Best to you Sista'

Thanks Sista'  :hug: I just found this on an old thread ........

It's been confirmed on the valium support thread that 1ml of 80 proof (40%) vodka is enough to dissolve approx 16mg of valium.
  Water Titration w/Vodkahttp://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

So if that informant is correct I should have no problem, although I'm using 200 mls of water not 100mls? Im' not sure if the water amount is relevant to the alcohol used, although I can't see that being a problem as isn't just more dilute? One for the ''pharma' heads on here, that apart of my brain is out to lunch  right now  ::) BG Sista'  ;D out of curiosity, how much water do you use?

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten:

It's been confirmed on the valium support thread that 1ml of 80 proof (40%) vodka is enough to dissolve approx 16mg of valium.
  Water Titration w/Vodkahttp://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=110496.0

So if that informant is correct I should have no problem, although I'm using 200 mls of water not 100mls? Im' not sure if the water amount is relevant to the alcohol used, although I can't see that being a problem as isn't just more dilute? One for the ''pharma' heads on here, that apart of my brain is out to lunch  right now  ::) BG Sista'  ;D out of curiosity, how much water do you use?

I started out with 200ml of water, but had to adjust for the 2ml of Vodka, and now on 1ml so much easier for me, I am now on 135ml of water as I am holding for two months ending Aug 13. :smitten:

That statement saying 1ml 80 proof will dissolve 16mg V is false and not even close.  The actual value is more like 1.9mg.  The proof of the alcohol is very important.  Look at this thread starting with post #37...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97737.30

For a 2mg pill I'd recommend at least 4ml of 80 proof to make sure.  I go by 2ml per mg.  You can also use higher proof or use PG.  The data is all there in the thread.  Begood uses 1ml of 80 proof and it works so that is the bottom line, but I still advise people to use more than enough.  It is the engineer in me.  The world is full of errors and screw ups so factors of safety are important.

That statement saying 1ml 80 proof will dissolve 16mg V is false and not even close.  The actual value is more like 1.9mg.  The proof of the alcohol is very important.  Look at this thread starting with post #37...

For a 2mg pill I'd recommend at least 4ml of 80 proof to make sure.  I go by 2ml per mg.  You can also use higher proof or use PG.  The data is all there in the thread.  Begood uses 1ml of 80 proof and it works so that is the bottom line, but I still advise people to use more than enough.  It is the engineer in me.  The world is full of errors and screw ups so factors of safety are important.

Hi SG  :hug: I use 80% proof as well but had a problem as I said using 2mg of Vodka, but even so shouldn't the solubility be better using some Vodka as opposed to none?

I was also thinking as Long as I tolerated the half a ml over the next few of days/week to titrate it up to 1mg and if okay then carry on up until  I get to 2mg all being well. I'm wondering although its not much Vodka in 200mls of wtaer it was still too much in one go for my personal CNS sensitivities  as their many and hell  :D

Hi SG  :hug: I use 80% proof as well but had a problem as I said using 2mg of Vodka, but even so shouldn't the solubility be better using some Vodka as opposed to none?

I was also thinking as Long as I tolerated the half a ml over the next few of days/week to titrate it up to 1mg and if okay then carry on up until  I get to 2mg all being well. I'm wondering although its not much Vodka in 200mls of wtaer it was still too much in one go for my personal CNS sensitivities  as their many and hell  :D

Sure, it is not an all-or-nothing kind of thing.  If you use .5ml of 80 proof it will dissolve about half of it and the other half will remain undissolved, so you will get a partial effect.  It is definitely better than nothing.  I would not think that such a tiny amount of vodka would affect you, especially if it is broken into doses over the day, but I don't doubt your experience and take it at face value.

Sure, it is not an all-or-nothing kind of thing.  If you use .5ml of 80 proof it will dissolve about half of it and the other half will remain undissolved, so you will get a partial effect.  It is definitely better than nothing.  I would not think that such a tiny amount of vodka would affect you, especially if it is broken into doses over the day, but I don't doubt your experience and take it at face value.

What I do is take 2mg AM in a pill then put the other 2mg in to liquid and take one dose PM, I was doing if the other way around at the start. But found it was easier to have the liquid PM as it was too much to to cope with on top of feeling ugh! in the mornings, so your saying that 1ml would work with a 2mg pill and 200mls of water?  Or it has to be the evil 2mls with 2mg? :D ......  :laugh:

I have the PM dose already sorted for this evening  so rather than still not have a proper solution is it viable to go add the other .5ml to the water if I feel brave enough to try it later. Or does the alcohol have to be put directly on the pill to begin with? This would be no problem if that's what I need to do as I can do another batch if I change my mind and want to try it anyway, rather try and fail and try again than find out , yes I am bloody doing a CT by proxy using just plain water :idiot:

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Okay, I just reread your post and the penny dropped  ::) I will add 1ml tonight and see how it goes, hopefully it won't be a problem, well no worse than realising that the fact I only used water which is practically useless to dissolve the actual drug at and * May* be the reason I've been struggling for so long other than good old withdrawal its self :sick:

Okay, I just reread your post and the penny dropped  ::) I will add 1ml tonight and see how it goes, hopefully it won't be a problem, well no worse than realising that the fact I only used water which is practically useless to dissolve the actual drug at and * May* be the reason I've been struggling for so long other than good old withdrawal its self :sick:

The alcohol MUST be used full strength at first.  Do not use water until after the V is dissolved in the alcohol.  This is critical.  If you add the alcohol after the water it will be totally useless.

1ml of 80 proof vodka will dissolve 1.9mg V...almost all of the 2mg tab.  If you use a higher proof the solubility goes through the roof and it gets as high as 38mg per ml...way up there.  For example, if you used 1ml of Everclear 151 it would dissolve ~25mg V.  The proof is extremely important and 80 proof is actually kind of lousy.  I used to push for everyone to use at least 100 proof, but 80 is what everyone had or was able to get so I gave up...if you can't beat them, join them.

• Like 1

The alcohol MUST be used full strength at first.  Do not use water until after the V is dissolved in the alcohol.  This is critical.  If you add the alcohol after the water it will be totally useless.

1ml of 80 proof vodka will dissolve 1.9mg V...almost all of the 2mg tab.  If you use a higher proof the solubility goes through the roof and it gets as high as 38mg per ml...way up there.  For example, if you used 1ml of Everclear 151 it would dissolve ~25mg V.  The proof is extremely important and 80 proof is actually kind of lousy.  I used to push for everyone to use at least 100 proof, but 80 is what everyone had or was able to get so I gave up...if you can't beat them, join them.

80% was the strongest I could get unless you want rubbing alcohol  :D Thanks for your help SG its really appreciated :thumbsup:

80% was the strongest I could get unless you want rubbing alcohol  :D Thanks for your help SG its really appreciated :thumbsup:

PG is a good choice too.  1ml of PG will dissolve 12.2mg V and it does not have the proof problem...it is always 100% PG.  .5ml of PG would be more than enough to dissolve a 2mg V tab, although there would barely be enough liquid to cover the pill.

Hi SG. I hope you are doing well. I'm at 4 months in my long hold and I'm still not stabilizing. Still having windows and waves and pretty non -functional, though I've had afternoons at 75% normal at some points. I have a very kindled history including the last 18 months since being forced to reinstate after 3 1/2 years off.

I'm beginning to wonder if how I'm preparing my doses makes a difference. I was so much better on Ativan but I don't think my brain could take switching from klonopin after a year. Here is what I'm doing:

Take 5 .25 mg dissolvable klonopin wafers and put in 60 ml of whole milk Lactaid.

I shake a couple times and wait 15 minutes

Then I stir with a 1 ml syringe which I then use to draw out 3.30 ml (where I got stuck before hold)

Then I split that into four even doses. i put water in the main dose jar to rinse it and also rinse the syringe and then pour the rinse water evenly into my four dose jars. Then they go in fridge.

I dose at 9:30 pm, 5:30 am, 11:00 am and 4:00.

You mentioned before I should make it more even by adding more to the evening dose but I haven't done that because I was hoping to stabilize before experimenting.

Am I doing everything else right?

I really appreciate your assistance and hope you are having a decent holiday.

Liza

Hi SG. I hope you are doing well. I'm at 4 months in my long hold and I'm still not stabilizing. Still having windows and waves and pretty non -functional, though I've had afternoons at 75% normal at some points. I have a very kindled history including the last 18 months since being forced to reinstate after 3 1/2 years off.

I'm beginning to wonder if how I'm preparing my doses makes a difference. I was so much better on Ativan but I don't think my brain could take switching from klonopin after a year. Here is what I'm doing:

Take 5 .25 mg dissolvable klonopin wafers and put in 60 ml of whole milk Lactaid.

I shake a couple times and wait 15 minutes

Then I stir with a 1 ml syringe which I then use to draw out 3.30 ml (where I got stuck before hold)

Then I split that into four even doses. i put water in the main dose jar to rinse it and also rinse the syringe and then pour the rinse water evenly into my four dose jars. Then they go in fridge.

I dose at 9:30 pm, 5:30 am, 11:00 am and 4:00.

You mentioned before I should make it more even by adding more to the evening dose but I haven't done that because I was hoping to stabilize before experimenting.

Am I doing everything else right?

I really appreciate your assistance and hope you are having a decent holiday.

Liza

I don't see anything there that would throw you off badly.  Just tweaks here and there.  15 minutes is not a long time to let the milk set so you might lengthen that, but you're not cutting so this would not matter.  And honestly, if there were a problem with mixing I think your dose would be higher, not lower when the syringe is used to pull the 3.3ml since the less-concentrated part of the liquid would be near the top of the liquid where the syringe tip is (so you would be tossing less, not more than you thought, resulting in a higher dose).  Also, even if you were making a mistake, you've been doing it consistently and not cutting so you've been getting an even dose regardless.  I just don't see anything that stands out.

FWIW, I think a long hold is a good thing for you to be doing.  My belief is these long-term symptoms that require long holds to get rid of are glutamate damage and it just takes a lot of time to get rid of them.  They don't seem to respond to anything other than time.  They are the real villains of benzo illness.  I also believe that the time spent in a long hold does not go to waste, even if you may not notice much improvement, since the body is always working to set things right.  Whether holding or tapering, if there is work to do I think it only makes sense that the body is busy doing it and this never stops.

Huge help SG!  Thank you!  I pray like you say that the long hold will set things right even when much of this feels like side effects. That can't be true if I've had windows. You are such a generous person to help so many people.

Blessings!

• Like 1

SG  :hug: Am I correct in assuming that now I'm using 1ml of alcohol in the water its okay to make a few days doses in advance as the alcohol will act as a preservative? Also I just remembered that Jamaican over proof white rum is  63.0% Alcohol making it 126 proof,

http://sr3.wine-searcher.net/images/labels/80/87/j-wray-nephew-white-overproof-rum-jamaica-10218087t.jpg

I can't find ''everclear'' anywhere so far but I know its easily found in USA. But the above ''paint stripper ( I can't believe in my 20's I drank that stuff  ''very occasionally'' with Jamaican friends :D) can be bought online in UK for the same price I paid for the Absolute vodka I bought.

SG  :hug: Am I correct in assuming that now I'm using 1ml of alcohol in the water its okay to make a few days doses in advance as the alcohol will act as a preservative? Also I just remembered that Jamaican over proof white rum is  63.0% Alcohol making it 126 proof,

http://sr3.wine-searcher.net/images/labels/80/87/j-wray-nephew-white-overproof-rum-jamaica-10218087t.jpg

I can't find ''everclear'' anywhere so far but I know its easily found in USA. But the above ''paint stripper ( I can't believe in my 20's I drank that stuff  ''very occasionally'' with Jamaican friends :D) can be bought online in UK for the same price I paid for the Absolute vodka I bought.

That stuff should work very well.  1ml of it will dissolve 15mg V.  I think you can make up days worth of doses without worry.  I see people do a week or two all the time.  I used to make 10-day supplies when I was tapering.