Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks SG! 

And now, the invariable follow ups:

1) Do you think it is odd for me to already be having problems with .02 cuts even though I'm "only" down to 4.35mg of Diaz?

2) My 1:1 is compounded in almond oil (the only thing my gut tolerates) and a touch of silica. I believe this is a suspension rather than a solution. It is kept at room temperature in an amber bottle.  A) Can I simply dilute this with water? B) Would you suppose the diluted final product could be kept at room temperature?

Thanks again. Especially for the logical explanation for a .014 rate of taper.

--Ed

1.  No, not at all.  That is 14% a month and we see people unable to handle that all the time.

2.  I think the almond oil liquids are meant to be suspensions, although diazepam is fat-soluble so I'm not entirely sure and have never tracked down that answer.  You could ask the pharmacist.  I'd be interested in their answer.  I don't think water would work to dilute it and I also would not try almond oil either as, if it is a suspension, the ratio of almond oil to silica might be important.  And also, drinking a lot of almond oil may not be good.  I take a daily supplement of MCT oil and too much can be hard on the stomach.  Again, ask the pharmacist about diluting.  It does not have to be 1:10.  Even going to 1:2 would help a lot.

Yes, indeed, it is a suspension. The pharmacist didn't sound terribly confident that I'd be able to dilute this suspension in water due to the oil component.  He told me I could "give it a shot".  Obviously he doesn't know what it feels like when that "shot" backfires. Lol!  I think for my next batch, I'll ask him to compound the solution as a 2ml:1ml ratio. This will solve the dilution issue.

Just wanted to get back to you. And thanks again.

--Ed

1.  No, not at all.  That is 14% a month and we see people unable to handle that all the time.

2.  I think the almond oil liquids are meant to be suspensions, although diazepam is fat-soluble so I'm not entirely sure and have never tracked down that answer.  You could ask the pharmacist.  I'd be interested in their answer.  I don't think water would work to dilute it and I also would not try almond oil either as, if it is a suspension, the ratio of almond oil to silica might be important.  And also, drinking a lot of almond oil may not be good.  I take a daily supplement of MCT oil and too much can be hard on the stomach.  Again, ask the pharmacist about diluting.  It does not have to be 1:10.  Even going to 1:2 would help a lot.

Yes, indeed, it is a suspension. The pharmacist didn't sound terribly confident that I'd be able to dilute this suspension in water due to the oil component.  He told me I could "give it a shot".  Obviously he doesn't know what it feels like when that "shot" backfires. Lol!  I think for my next batch, I'll ask him to compound the solution as a 2ml:1ml ratio. This will solve the dilution issue.

--Ed

I'm surprised the pharmacist would even consider it as I thought oils and water wouldn't mix at all, like the saying goes.  But maybe some do?  Yes, going to 2:1 will double the number of syringe lines you use.  Thanks for getting back to me.

--Ed

I'm surprised the pharmacist would even consider it as I thought oils and water wouldn't mix at all, like the saying goes.  But maybe some do?  Yes, going to 2:1 will double the number of syringe lines you use.  Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm with SG on this one. Almond oil and water will not mix.

I didn't get a response from this that I posted earlier, so I thought I'd try it again:

Hi SG, Builder...whoever. I haven't been in the forum for a while due to all the "fun" things going on. I'm still having tons of problems on several different levels, but one of those is being addressed in about 10 days...surgery on my back. They're going to have to cut me up pretty good due to the damage. My question is this to anyone who may have an opinion or who has experienced it: Is it a problem to go from liquid form of my K over the past year to pill form for a couple days while in the hospital? My taper has been dreadfully slow due to all my other challenges, but I'm at a point now that equals an amount in pill form. Long story, but I can't bring my liquid doses into the hospital with me. I'll need to take an equivalent amount of their tablet doses for a couple days. Then, I would go home and continue with the liquid. Any thoughts?

I know I could ask this on a different forum, but this is the only one I ever get on. I trust SG, Builder, etc. I obviously don't know anyone in the other forums. It's depressing reading those anyway. Much more uplifting in this thread.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone here!!

Jeff

Jeff,

I am so sorry about your surgery. My sister has had several back surgeries in the last couple years. I am thinking of you and praying like I always am. I had surgery last summer while tapering and I just brought my own pills and didn't tell them. I had them cut. I have never tried liquid. I have seen a couple go back to pills from liquid and feel better. I am sure you will be fine. I hope you feel better and your wife is doing well.

:smitten:

Sending lots of love,

Maya

I didn't get a response from this that I posted earlier, so I thought I'd try it again:

Hi SG, Builder...whoever. I haven't been in the forum for a while due to all the "fun" things going on. I'm still having tons of problems on several different levels, but one of those is being addressed in about 10 days...surgery on my back. They're going to have to cut me up pretty good due to the damage. My question is this to anyone who may have an opinion or who has experienced it: Is it a problem to go from liquid form of my K over the past year to pill form for a couple days while in the hospital? My taper has been dreadfully slow due to all my other challenges, but I'm at a point now that equals an amount in pill form. Long story, but I can't bring my liquid doses into the hospital with me. I'll need to take an equivalent amount of their tablet doses for a couple days. Then, I would go home and continue with the liquid. Any thoughts?

I know I could ask this on a different forum, but this is the only one I ever get on. I trust SG, Builder, etc. I obviously don't know anyone in the other forums. It's depressing reading those anyway. Much more uplifting in this thread.

Jeff

Hi Jeff  :hug: yes its fine to take the same amount in pills in fact its better if your pill dose is now level as you won't have to play about or worry about messing the doses up.  I'm sorry you have to go through an operation but I hope you get the relief you need, and forget about tapering for now as getting well takes priority over everything and its not good to be cutting down while you got this to deal with, one thing at a time. And don't worry about how long you have to stay at that dose for before going back to tapering, I'm half way thorough a 6 months hold due to being too symptomatic plus other stressors out side my control.

And If I need to hold longer again I will do so, right now I feel I need more than 6 months for things to settle down. A long hold give your CNS chance to catch up, rate of removing the drug is different to the rate your body can actually heal from previous cuts that takes a lot longer, and some of us need to hold way longer than others. I see it all the time and I did it originally expected things to be better after a week of 3,  it takes a lot longer for the CNS and repair work to be done.

Like Birdman says 'Don't fear the Benzo fear the Glutamate'' slow taper with long holds when needed is the best way to go how long it takes is how long it takes. Too many peole put getting off the drugs as the be all and end all when its the healing on the way down that's important, if you feel like hell all the way down without taking a break your going to feel crap when you jump I believe. No one saying its the only way to go but to me it all make prefect sense, you can't heal a a scab by constantly picking at it you have to hold on an give it as long as it needs to heal same as a broke leg. You don't go running on a broken leg either, you wait as long it takes to heal :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

So, each pill has a different weight - and can vary by a good amount. Not sure if this means that each pill contains a slightly different amount of active ingredient or if it's close to the same amount of active ingredient, just a different amount of fillers.  I imagine they can't be exact in how much active ingredient there is in each pill so it does vary somewhat....which in part accounts for the pills weighing different amounts.

When weighing by scale, we see the different weights and it is confusing.

When using a liquid, we don't know that the pills are different...we assume they are the same and take some % of the pill each day.

With this method, it seems the dose taken would go up and down on different days - this may confuse the body?

Thoughts???

It seems like making a big batch using multiple pills would average out the pills and make the titration more even and accurate.

SG - did you make a liquid each day for your taper or a bigger batch?

So, each pill has a different weight - and can vary by a good amount. Not sure if this means that each pill contains a slightly different amount of active ingredient or if it's close to the same amount of active ingredient, just a different amount of fillers.  I imagine they can't be exact in how much active ingredient there is in each pill so it does vary somewhat....which in part accounts for the pills weighing different amounts.

When weighing by scale, we see the different weights and it is confusing.

When using a liquid, we don't know that the pills are different...we assume they are the same and take some % of the pill each day.

With this method, it seems the dose taken would go up and down on different days - this may confuse the body?

Thoughts???

It seems like making a big batch using multiple pills would average out the pills and make the titration more even and accurate.

SG - did you make a liquid each day for your taper or a bigger batch?

I've always assumed that the drug companies make a big batch of powder and that when they make and handle the pills they end up not being exactly the same.  I think if you just find the average weight, that is good enough since you will taper based on how you feel anyway.

It's true what you say about liquid...we make the liquids based on the pills all being the same, but they are not.  This is an advantage scales have over liquids.  Doing a batch would average this out.  I've never gotten too bent out of shape about it though.  It's just part of the way pills always are and it averages out on its own.  People taper in spite of it, although it would be possible to get the pill weight right prior to making a liquid, if you were willing to do the extra work.  When I tapered I used to make batches lasting four or five days, but that was with the Roxane pharma liquid V.  Batches would help even things, I agree.

Thank you SG - I agree with your post.  It makes sense.  I think the variations in pills is more than we think actually. 

Probably your liquid V is already "even."  I think doing a daily titration from a different pill each day is getting me into trouble.  There is a lot of up and down and probably confusing my body - as I've seen you post elsewhere on a different issue.

Maybe then, a big batch of liquid is best.

Or making a definite cut, even if small and frequent, so the body senses the imbalance and pays attention to heal it.  But the cut needs to be large enough so the daily fluctuation is still all below the daily fluctuation of the higher dose that was just cut from.

This might explain why my symptoms are lasting longer with the daily microtaper.

I keep trying to really understand this in hopes that will help my symptoms go away....

Thank you SG - I agree with your post.  It makes sense.  I think the variations in pills is more than we think actually. 

Probably your liquid V is already "even."  I think doing a daily titration from a different pill each day is getting me into trouble.  There is a lot of up and down and probably confusing my body - as I've seen you post elsewhere on a different issue.

Maybe then, a big batch of liquid is best.

Or making a definite cut, even if small and frequent, so the body senses the imbalance and pays attention to heal it.  But the cut needs to be large enough so the daily fluctuation is still all below the daily fluctuation of the higher dose that was just cut from.

This might explain why my symptoms are lasting longer with the daily microtaper.

I keep trying to really understand this in hopes that will help my symptoms go away....

I try to keep an open mind about things like this...a cut NEEDING to be big enough to get the bodies attention.  But TBH, I don't see evidence that this is true.  I think the neurons sense increased excitement when the dose drops a little and they respond by adding back GABA receptors.  Whatever that threshold is, it will be crossed either way.

I would love to make a big batch but I've seen comments about it becoming unstable and not lasting long.  I'm crushing a 2mg pill and only taking .125/day for my water titration.  But keeping a plate of powder with 16 little piles on it isn't very convenient or accurate since I'm just eye balling it.  Any ideas?

I would love to make a big batch but I've seen comments about it becoming unstable and not lasting long.  I'm crushing a 2mg pill and only taking .125/day for my water titration.  But keeping a plate of powder with 16 little piles on it isn't very convenient or accurate since I'm just eye balling it.  Any ideas?

Your dose is .125mg Xanax?  A 2mg pill would make a 16 day supply.  That's a lot, but it might be okay.  You could dissolve 2mg X in a little PG or alcohol, then add water to make 200ml total liquid.  Each ml would be .01mg X and 12.5ml would be your .125mg dose.

Will it last for 16 days?  In the fridge or ?  I read somewhere on here that it wouldn't be good after a few days when mixed with water.  What is PG?

Will it last for 16 days?  In the fridge or ?  I read somewhere on here that it wouldn't be good after a few days when mixed with water.  What is PG?

PG is a solvent that pharmaceutical companies use to make liquid benzos and other liquid drugs.  It does the same job as alcohol - it dissolves the benzo.  You can get it at pharmacies or on line.

I've never done it myself, but judging by what others who are doing it say here it seems to be okay.  Or you could keep it for a shorter time and toss the rest.  All the pharma liquid benzos have water in them and they last much longer, so I think it is reasonable to expect it would be okay.  I'm not sure if the fridge is needed for that many days.  It might be.  Ask around at what others have found.

Hi everyone.... I haven't had time to read thru these posts as I've been so sick so please forgive me if this is redundant.....

I wanted to ask an opinion to SG or anyone else very knowledgeable about this.... But I've been starting to think that maybe the kolonopin dissolved in milk may be somewhat not as effective as in another liquid.....

When I switched to the milk my symptoms increased dramatically and then kind of died down after a 4 week trial run before i started reducing but i did suffer horribly this past month but there was of course many factors that could have contributed.... this has always been on my mind.....

When I have dissolved it in water a couple times I thought I felt better but that could all just be a coincidence..... I also believe it does not evenly distribute in water anyway so not a good liquid to use?

Also propylene glycol for the amount I'm drinking I could not do... I was going to test using water a few days just to see if there is a difference of some sort I could pinpoint..... Any thoughts on this? Anything to make this easier.... I appreciate the flexibility of doing a liquid microtapering so much I would be highly discouraged doing it any other way....

thanks for any insight and input.....

Hi everyone.... I haven't had time to read thru these posts as I've been so sick so please forgive me if this is redundant.....

I wanted to ask an opinion to SG or anyone else very knowledgeable about this.... But I've been starting to think that maybe the kolonopin dissolved in milk may be somewhat not as effective as in another liquid.....

When I switched to the milk my symptoms increased dramatically and then kind of died down after a 4 week trial run but i did suffer horribly this past month but there was of course many factors that could have contributed.... this has always been on my mind.....

When I have dissolved it in water a couple times I thought I felt better but that could all just be a coincidence..... I also believe it does not evenly distribute in water anyway so not a good liquid to use?

Also propylene glycol for the amount I'm drinking I could not do... I was going to test using water a few days just to see if there is a difference of some sort I could pinpoint..... Any thoughts on this? Anything to make this easier.... I appreciate the flexibility of doing a liquid microtapering so much I would be highly discouraged doing it any other way....

I've read of several who used just water but it would be a crapshoot on the distribution although those using it didn't seem to have a problem. --V

When I switched to the milk my symptoms increased dramatically and then kind of died down after a 4 week trial run but i did suffer horribly this past month but there was of course many factors that could have contributed.... this has always been on my mind.....

I've read of several who used just water but it would be a crapshoot on the distribution although those using it didn't seem to have a problem. --V

Yes, water can work, it just takes more care and skill.  PG/water or alcohol/water are close to the same thing, but get the benzo to dissolve.  Why do you say you can't do PG?  Only a small amount is used.  I hesitate to recommend plain water as results are mixed, but it can work.  Some people do fine with it, others can't seem to get it to work, from what I have seen.

Having said that, I would not expect a difference between milk and water, but you could give it a try.

Hey thanks guys for responding.....Hey SG... I was assuming I would still be using 100 ml of propylene glycol and it just seems like I would be drinking an amount that seems like a lot.... to me anyway for my 3 doses everyday....the thought of ingesting more chemicals bothers me but if it worked better I don't know.....alcohol... fuggheditabout it.....

Because there's so many other variables that could have effected my situation its so hard to figure out what's what.....I'm just desperate that maybe there could be something else I've overlooked that just might make this a little easier that perhaps I'm overlooking.....

When you say there would be some skill involved with the water could you please elaborate.....I'm assuming you mean to get it to fully dissolve? When I do it I see that it dissolves completely but I do see bits of the crinkly pink coating floating all around and the water is clear with like a pink swirl all thru it ....the water turns pink I guess you could say....

Hey thanks guys for responding.....Hey SG... I was assuming I would still be using 100 ml of propylene glycol and it just seems like I would be drinking an amount that seems like a lot.... to me anyway for my 3 doses everyday....the thought of ingesting more chemicals bothers me but if it worked better I don't know.....alcohol... fuggheditabout it.....

Because there's so many other variables that could have effected my situation its so hard to figure out what's what.....I'm just desperate that maybe there could be something else I've overlooked that just might make this a little easier that perhaps I'm overlooking.....

When you say there would be some skill involved with the water could you please elaborate.....I'm assuming you mean to get it to fully dissolve? When I do it I see that it dissolves completely but I do see bits of the crinkly pink coating floating all around and the water is clear with like a pink swirl all thru it ....the water turns pink I guess you could say....

The thing with the water is it doesn't dissolve.  That's the problem.  That's what the PG does.  Without PG the K just swirls around in the water like sand, and will eventually fall to the bottom.  Using PG avoids this.  You'd only need 3ml PG, not 100ml...about the tip of your finger to the first knuckle.  Just a tiny bit to dissolve the K.  That's all.  Actually, you could get away with 1ml, but it is such a small amount of liquid I stick with 3.  Anyway, then you'd add enough water to make 200ml for K.  The final liquid is pretty much plain water.

Jeff

Hi Jeff  :hug: yes its fine to take the same amount in pills in fact its better if your pill dose is now level as you won't have to play about or worry about messing the doses up.  I'm sorry you have to go through an operation but I hope you get the relief you need, and forget about tapering for now as getting well takes priority over everything and its not good to be cutting down while you got this to deal with, one thing at a time. And don't worry about how long you have to stay at that dose for before going back to tapering, I'm half way thorough a 6 months hold due to being too symptomatic plus other stressors out side my control.

And If I need to hold longer again I will do so, right now I feel I need more than 6 months for things to settle down. A long hold give your CNS chance to catch up, rate of removing the drug is different to the rate your body can actually heal from previous cuts that takes a lot longer, and some of us need to hold way longer than others. I see it all the time and I did it originally expected things to be better after a week of 3,  it takes a lot longer for the CNS and repair work to be done.

Like Birdman says 'Don't fear the Benzo fear the Glutamate'' slow taper with long holds when needed is the best way to go how long it takes is how long it takes. Too many peole put getting off the drugs as the be all and end all when its the healing on the way down that's important, if you feel like hell all the way down without taking a break your going to feel crap when you jump I believe. No one saying its the only way to go but to me it all make prefect sense, you can't heal a a scab by constantly picking at it you have to hold on an give it as long as it needs to heal same as a broke leg. You don't go running on a broken leg either, you wait as long it takes to heal :)

Love Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks everyone for your responses!!!  I'll check in with you all after I heal some post-surgery.

Keep rockin' Maya! You too, SG!

Jeff

Yes, water can work, it just takes more care and skill.  PG/water or alcohol/water are close to the same thing, but get the benzo to dissolve.  Why do you say you can't do PG?  Only a small amount is used.  I hesitate to recommend plain water as results are mixed, but it can work.  Some people do fine with it, others can't seem to get it to work, from what I have seen.

Having said that, I would not expect a difference between milk and water, but you could give it a try.

SG,

By saying you wouldn't expect a difference between milk and water, are you saying that milk doesn't bind with the benzo like water? Thought you have said milk, pg, or vodka all make a solution.

Thanks

SG,

By saying you wouldn't expect a difference between milk and water, are you saying that milk doesn't bind with the benzo like water? Thought you have said milk, pg, or vodka all make a solution.

Thanks

It seems that the switch to any liquid can cause symptoms, so I guess I assume going from solid to liquid delivery is the only problem.  Maybe that's not the whole story.  Maybe there is also a difference between milk and the others.  The whole switch symptoms thing is weird since their is no difference in benzo dose.  We don't understand why.

From what I understand, PG/water and alcohol/water make straightforward true solutions: the K dissolves in the PG or alcohol, then remains dissolved in the water.  Homogenized milk also makes a "solution," but it is a more complicated solution since homogenized milk is essentially tiny droplets of fat (and protein?) evenly suspended in water.  The K then dissolves in the fat and I've also seen the word "binding" used.  I'm not sure if or how binding and dissolving are different.  But, at the end of the day, the K is evenly and permanently distributed in the milk, as long as the milk remain homogenized.  "Solution" may not be the correct term to describe homogenized milk.  "Emulsion" is probably more accurate...tiny milk fat droplets and water are intimately mixed and stably suspended, yet they do not mix with each other.