Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks guys....such interesting posts this morning.  Lots to think about. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi everyone!

I've gone from 4mg K to 1mg in 16 months with a hold at 2mg. I have been really fatigued - actually this is what has motivated me to come off K... so I am holding for a little while, see what happens psychologically, emotionally... see if I can live a little...

Best Wishes to All!!!  :smitten:

Hi everyone!

I've gone from 4mg K to 1mg in 16 months with a hold at 2mg. I have been really fatigued - actually this is what has motivated me to come off K... so I am holding for a little while, see what happens psychologically, emotionally... see if I can live a little...

Sure hope a hold works for you, Julz!

Over on the Long Hold thread one guy as talking about after his long hold he was able to going paragliding (or something like that). And I'm thinking, wow, after my long hold I'm able to go to the grocery store! Humph! >:(

Hi everyone!

Over on the Long Hold thread one guy as talking about after his long hold he was able to going paragliding (or something like that). And I'm thinking, wow, after my long hold I'm able to go to the grocery store! Humph! >:(

I would rather go to the grocery store any day of the week before I would hang , para or any other glide!!!

Gard,

So happy your hold is helping! That's one of the reasons I prefer DBT over CBT (both are great) becasue a big part of it is mindfulness. I can give you more info on mindfulness and mindfulness practices etc. Just PM me anytime. Just wanted to say hi and that I am glad you are doing better.

:smitten:

XO Maya

Gard,

So happy your hold is helping! That's one of the reasons I prefer DBT over CBT (both are great) becasue a big part of it is mindfulness. I can give you more info on mindfulness and mindfulness practices etc. Just PM me anytime. Just wanted to say hi and that I am glad you are doing better.

:smitten:

XO Maya

Hi, Maya! :yippee: Will do!

Gard :smitten:

Hi everyone!

I would rather go to the grocery store any day of the week before I would hang , para or any other glide!!!

Methinks this guy must be much younger than me. ;)  But, still, I wouldn't mind being able to drive on the highway, at least! ::)

Yes, that was it.  Baseline...and feeling well. Hmmm....  There are times..and there are many more of them for longer periods as I go lower when I feel fine.  Completely fine.  But  then I have times when my sxs increase only to be calmed by the next dose, small as it may be. 

If that continues...then to go from a very small amount (I am probably 5-6 months away from that) to zero wil be problematic as the relief comes from the next dose and if there is no next dose, then what?

I feel I am doing a careful taper but worry about the ear sxs which reappeared a month or so ago and have been the predominant issue for me and occur either close to the "next" dose or when I am experiencing any CNS stress (concentrating, writing posts - like now !!  ;) long phone calls especially if dealing with difficult matters, etc).  Distraction and exercise are the best antidotes in my case.

Any further thoughts??

Thanks.  :)

Mana,

I'm like you in that the more stress I'm under, real or imagined,  really ramp up my sxs. I'm glad to hear that you feel that your times of feeling better are more common as you go lower.

I've only been doing my LT for a little over a month and hope that things get better as I taper....I can at least say that things didn't get any worse yet as I have tapered.

Trying to take it slow thanks to some good advice I found on BB, namely SG, Builder and some friends on KK.

For the most part, if you go slow and try to keep your side effects as minimal as possible, what does happen when you hit zero? Does it get worse or better....

Haven't really been on this part of the site, but glad I found it. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

B strong

SG I am facing a really hard decision and need your input..I am very sick at this time I am down to 102.6 lbs and the mass in my esophagus is 2.5cm wide by 5 cms long and they cant decide if its inside pushing out or outside pushing in..but needless to say i am struggling to just get down pureed things and baby food and svelte its like boost but no milk or milk proteins..

the problem i am having is my health anxiety and fear of death is all i can think of and its making me sicker...I went to my primary the other day and he suggested that i up my dose to 3 mgs..and i am at 1.93mgs now..he said i need a break and thats the only thing he can think of to help me relax and stop the madness of my mind and the horribly nightmares i am having.

I told him i dose 4 times a day but he said with the half life of k i shouldnt have a problem going back to 3 doses of 1 mg a day..in my mind thats upping alot and i was thinking about trying just going to 2.5mgs..cause it said it will just be for a short time until we can get this figured out with the gi docs and everything and a scope done then it will be back to tapering again..he said its not a race and my health is really important right now.

but i can no longer swallow the pills so i weigh them and then they are crushed and i put it in hot broth on a spoon to get the dose down..its a lot on terri even tho she says its not..

how can i make it 4 doses a day without weighing the 1 mg tabs and getting 2.5mgs? or would you just suggest going to 3mg and doing 3 doses of 1mg a day..i am afraid to go up to much at once and get bit with it turning on me.

i know when i had to make the doses more from two to 3 it was like a cut would this be the same or no because i am upping the dose??

thanks for any help you can give me and sorry this was so long

deep

SG I am facing a really hard decision and need your input..I am very sick at this time I am down to 102.6 lbs and the mass in my esophagus is 2.5cm wide by 5 cms long and they cant decide if its inside pushing out or outside pushing in..but needless to say i am struggling to just get down pureed things and baby food and svelte its like boost but no milk or milk proteins..

the problem i am having is my health anxiety and fear of death is all i can think of and its making me sicker...I went to my primary the other day and he suggested that i up my dose to 3 mgs..and i am at 1.93mgs now..he said i need a break and thats the only thing he can think of to help me relax and stop the madness of my mind and the horribly nightmares i am having.

I told him i dose 4 times a day but he said with the half life of k i shouldnt have a problem going back to 3 doses of 1 mg a day..in my mind thats upping alot and i was thinking about trying just going to 2.5mgs..cause it said it will just be for a short time until we can get this figured out with the gi docs and everything and a scope done then it will be back to tapering again..he said its not a race and my health is really important right now.

but i can no longer swallow the pills so i weigh them and then they are crushed and i put it in hot broth on a spoon to get the dose down..its a lot on terri even tho she says its not..

how can i make it 4 doses a day without weighing the 1 mg tabs and getting 2.5mgs? or would you just suggest going to 3mg and doing 3 doses of 1mg a day..i am afraid to go up to much at once and get bit with it turning on me.

i know when i had to make the doses more from two to 3 it was like a cut would this be the same or no because i am upping the dose??

thanks for any help you can give me and sorry this was so long

deep

Hi Deep, Sorry to hear all this.  You've really had an onslaught of hard things happening to you.  I'm glad your doctor is being careful.  I think if you need four doses you need four doses.

To break 2.5mg four ways with 1mg pills you'd have to weigh the pills.  All that really matters is you get the right weight and that is whatever .625mg weighs.  I think your pills are .170g/mg?  That would be .106g per dose.  So you'd need to file four pills to .106g.

Actually, if you wanted to bypass all this you could probably do it by laying out 5 1mg pills for two days worth.  Then just divide them eight ways as best you can.  This way, each day may not be exactly right, but your two-day total will be.  If you snap all five pills in half you'd have 10 halves over eight doses.  So each dose would be a half, and then you would need to divide the remaining two halves over the doses as best you can.  I think it would work out okay.  The doses would be a little uneven and each days dose would be a little off, but, over two days your dose would be exactly right...one day will offset the other.

This is actually a good time to make the switch to .5mg pills, since you are updosing.  That would make all this easy.  You'd take five full .5mg pills a day - each dose would be a whole pill plus a quarter pill...easy.  Plus the benefit of now having much more accurate .5mg pills for when you decide to taper.

SG so you agree to try and do the 2.5mgs first and see how that works before going up to 3mgs if i need it??

But my thought was would it be easier to go back to 3 doses a day??? I am just so tired and sick some days its hard for me to weigh out the pills and i do it 3 days at a time..

and my insurance wont allow that many .5mgs tabs at one time cause it would be 150..it only allows 90 cause then if you need more than that you should be getting the 1mg tabs..and wouldnt 5  .5mgs tabs and a quarter be 3mgs a day?? i am a bit confused on that part..

so would staying at 4 doses be ok or since i am going up would 3 doses be ok and which would be the easiest for someone else to do with me if i am unable to..noone understands the scale here like i do..

and i shouldnt feel a difference should i since i am updosing and not cutting..cause i am so sick i dont know what side effects and whats wrong with me..

and yes i have more than my share on my plate at the moment between the mass in my esophagus and all the weight loss..i also have a nodule on the right pole of my thyroid and also something with a lymph node..i am terrified to say the least ..and thanks for always helping me.

deep

SG so you agree to try and do the 2.5mgs first and see how that works before going up to 3mgs if i need it??

But my thought was would it be easier to go back to 3 doses a day??? I am just so tired and sick some days its hard for me to weigh out the pills and i do it 3 days at a time..

and my insurance wont allow that many .5mgs tabs at one time cause it would be 150..it only allows 90 cause then if you need more than that you should be getting the 1mg tabs..and wouldnt 5  .5mgs tabs and a quarter be 3mgs a day?? i am a bit confused on that part..

so would staying at 4 doses be ok or since i am going up would 3 doses be ok and which would be the easiest for someone else to do with me if i am unable to..noone understands the scale here like i do..

and i shouldnt feel a difference should i since i am updosing and not cutting..cause i am so sick i dont know what side effects and whats wrong with me..

and yes i have more than my share on my plate at the moment between the mass in my esophagus and all the weight loss..i also have a nodule on the right pole of my thyroid and also something with a lymph node..i am terrified to say the least ..and thanks for always helping me.

deep

2.5mg is a 30% updose and 3mg is 55%.  Going in steps seems like a good way to do it.  55% seems like an awful lot, but I don't know much about updosing, TBH.

You could try three doses.  If the fourth dose is giving a benefit I'd think it is worth it, but there is a trade-off of convenience.  That's subjective and up to you to decide.

Too bad .5mg pills are out.  They would make this easy.  If weighing the 1mg pills is a problem, you could do the two-day method I mentioned.  No scale needed.  I think it would work okay.

The only other way I know would be to liquify.  You could liquify the entire dose and drink it.  This would solve both your problems at once.  It would allow you to split any dose any number of ways accurately, and also make it easy to swallow...no weighing, no crushing.  Liquifying actually makes a lot of sense in your current condition.

deep

2.5mg is a 30% updose and 3mg is 55%.  Going in steps seems like a good way to do it.  55% seems like an awful lot, but I don't know much about updosing, TBH.

You could try three doses.  If the fourth dose is giving a benefit I'd think it is worth it, but there is a trade-off of convenience.  That's subjective and up to you to decide.

Too bad .5mg pills are out.  They would make this easy.  If weighing the 1mg pills is a problem, you could do the two-day method I mentioned.  No scale needed.  I think it would work okay.

The only other way I know would be to liquify.  You could liquify the entire dose and drink it.  This would solve both your problems at once.  It would allow you to split any dose any number of ways accurately, and also make it easy to swallow...no weighing, no crushing.  Liquifying actually makes a lot of sense in your current condition.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

SG I think i can try to take 3 1mg tabs for a day and split them in half...put 1 half in each of the 4 dose holders then cut the other 1/2 in half which would make a 1/4 ..then put it in the morning dose and the evening dose so then i would be getting 2.5 mgs a day..does that make sense and then theres no weighing or anything..if this isnt right please let me know..

also i cant liquid with either milk or alcohol sure wish i could cause basically crushing it up and pouring it out onto a hot spoonful of broth which makes it go liquid so i can get it down is basically the same..but i know with it being crushed on pharma paper and then dumped onto the spoon i am not losing any of the dose at all..

thanks again for all your help ..i dont know what i would do with out it..

deep

SG I think i can try to take 3 1mg tabs for a day and split them in half...put 1 half in each of the 4 dose holders then cut the other 1/2 in half which would make a 1/4 ..then put it in the morning dose and the evening dose so then i would be getting 2.5 mgs a day..does that make sense and then theres no weighing or anything..if this isnt right please let me know..

The key to this is to make sure you use the rest of those pills the next day.  Very important.  That's why I said to lay out 5 1mg pills for two days.  As a price for avoiding weighing your daily doses and your total for the day may be a little off, but over two days it will be right.

also i cant liquid with either milk or alcohol sure wish i could cause basically crushing it up and pouring it out onto a hot spoonful of broth which makes it go liquid so i can get it down is basically the same..but i know with it being crushed on pharma paper and then dumped onto the spoon i am not losing any of the dose at all..

deep

For K, liquid choices that I"m aware of are...

Milk

Alcohol/water

PG/water

Compounding pharmacy

Ora Plus (suspension)

water (poor suspension)

You have other choices.  It does not have to be milk or alcohol/water.  Since you are not cutting, plain water is more viable.  In America there does not seem to be a pharma liquid K.

SGwhy do the rest of the pills be used the next day...???? cause when i went on vacation i cut 2 weeks worth of tabs..so do they lose potency once cut??

we took a pill cutter and you can do the cit in half and then cut again for 1/4 but you cant cut any smaller they just crumble when you try to do the 8 pieces..does that matter at all?

thanks again :)

deep

SGwhy do the rest of the pills be used the next day...???? cause when i went on vacation i cut 2 weeks worth of tabs..so do they lose potency once cut??

we took a pill cutter and you can do the cit in half and then cut again for 1/4 but you cant cut any smaller they just crumble when you try to do the 8 pieces..does that matter at all?

thanks again :)

deep

No, they don't lose potency.  If you don't use the scale the accuracy suffers, but if you dose the rest of the pills the next day it does a good job of offsetting the error.  With .625mg 4x and 1mg pills you should be okay dosing .75mg, .5mg, .75mg, .5mg if you want to get away from the scale.  A better and easier way to do all of this is to liquify, as you need to do that anyway due to your swallowing problem.  It really would be more accurate and a lot less work at the same time.  You're updosing, so there should not be any switching issues.

Hi SG, Builder...whoever. I haven't been in the forum for a while due to all the "fun" things going on. I'm still having tons of problems on several different levels, but one of those is being addressed in about 10 days...surgery on my back. They're going to have to cut me up pretty good due to the damage. My question is this to anyone who may have an opinion or who has experienced it: Is it a problem to go from liquid form of my K over the past year to pill form for a couple days while in the hospital? My taper has been dreadfully slow due to all my other challenges, but I'm at a point now that equals an amount in pill form. Long story, but I can't bring my liquid doses into the hospital with me. I'll need to take an equivalent amount of their tablet doses for a couple days. Then, I would go home and continue with the liquid. Any thoughts?

I know I could ask this on a different forum, but this is the only one I ever get on. I trust SG, Builder, etc. I obviously don't know anyone in the other forums. It's depressing reading those anyway. Much more uplifting in this thread.

Thanks, and good luck to everyone here!!

Jeff

The key to this is to make sure you use the rest of those pills the next day.  Very important.  That's why I said to lay out 5 1mg pills for two days.  As a price for avoiding weighing your daily doses and your total for the day may be a little off, but over two days it will be right.

deep

For K, liquid choices that I"m aware of are...

Milk

Alcohol/water

PG/water

Compounding pharmacy

Ora Plus (suspension)

water (poor suspension)

You have other choices.  It does not have to be milk or alcohol/water.  Since you are not cutting, plain water is more viable.  In America there does not seem to be a pharma liquid K.

I'm tapering off of Diazepam. My system wasn't able to handle the PG liquid V and I'm a recovering alcoholic who refuses to intentionally ingest alcohol. I eventually found a compounding pharmacy which used almond oil with just a touch of silica as a suspension to create a nice liquid form for me. Perhaps that's an option? I'm in the U.S. as well.

Hi Everyone,

Hope your weekend is going good.

Question please:  If I ask my pdoc for liquid ativan, do I need to mix my doses with water or take it straight?  A few months back when I tried the DMT by making my own liquid with vodka/water I did not fare too well.

Silly me has been trying to use my pill cutter to cut my 1/4 pieces smaller.  This does not work too well and has been making me feel rather anxious, etc., etc.

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Hi Everyone,

Question please:  If I ask my pdoc for liquid ativan, do I need to mix my doses with water or take it straight?  A few months back when I tried the DMT by making my own liquid with vodka/water I did not fare too well.

Silly me has been trying to use my pill cutter to cut my 1/4 pieces smaller.  This does not work too well and has been making me feel rather anxious, etc., etc.

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

I think the pharma liquid ativan is 2mg/ml, which is too strong for tapering.  It looks to be made from the same solvents as liquid V, which can be diluted with water, so I'd assume the same can be done with the liquid ativan.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Found this:

Inactive Ingredients

Lorazepam Intensol contains polyethylene glycol and propylene glycol.

SG, will this just dilute with water the way my Xanax intensol did? Mine had just propylene glycol and salt.

Doods, When I cut tablets, I use a really thin knife (got it at an Asian store, think it's a small fillet knife) and a milligram scale and a tweezers. I really love my little knife. Much easier to use and handle than a pill cutter or a cutter blade.

Hope you are having a windowful weekend!  :)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Found this:

Inactive Ingredients

SG, will this just dilute with water the way my Xanax intensol did? Mine had just propylene glycol and salt.

Doods, When I cut tablets, I use a really thin knife (got it at an Asian store, think it's a small fillet knife) and a milligram scale and a tweezers. I really love my little knife. Much easier to use and handle than a pill cutter or a blade.

Have a windowful day!  :)

That's what I would expect.  I'm trying to remember who has used the ativan pharma liquid.  I think maybe GreenIrishTweed?  Anyway, these pharma liquids are all very similar and they all use different tweaks of the same solvents: PG, PEG, and alcohol.  So I think it is a good bet.  I used the Roxane liquid V and it was fine being diluted with water, just like your liquid X.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Found this:

Inactive Ingredients

Doods, When I cut tablets, I use a really thin knife (got it at an Asian store, think it's a small fillet knife) and a milligram scale and a tweezers. I really love my little knife. Much easier to use and handle than a pill cutter or a blade.

That's what I would expect.  I'm trying to remember who has used the ativan pharma liquid.  I think maybe GreenIrishTweed?  Anyway, these pharma liquids are all very similar and they all use different tweaks of the same solvents: PG, PEG, and alcohol.  So I think it is a good bet.  I used the Roxane liquid V and it was fine being diluted with water, just like your liquid X.

That's good news. It was so easy to taper using my liquid. I just diluted with water and was all set.

I'm using my knife on my Seroquel tablets right now to reduce it (at a snail's pace). Want to see how little I can get away with and still get 6 hours of sleep. Seroquel makes me nervous with its very scary side effects profile, but I can't take the sedating antidepressants because I'm an ultra-slow metabolizer of them. So slow it's dangerous for me to take many kinds of meds. Almost died from an anti-depressant once. On the flip side, I'm an ultra-fast metabolizer of Valium, which is why I'm stuck with L and opening those itty bitty capsules. :P  I theorize, though, that switching from a capsule to a liquid is easier on the brain than from a tablet to a liquid since the med in the capsule doesn't have binders. Just my own random theory.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Found this:

Inactive Ingredients

SG & Gard,

Thank you ever so much for all the info.  You both are priceless.

You know I am on such a little bit at this point that I was hoping I could just cut smaller and smaller pieces and ever so slowly taper off without too much torture.

I was even given gabapentin to help this along but after reading about it I decided not to add another med into the pic.

Thanks again.

doodle dog

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [SB...]
    • [...]
    • [sm...]
    • [be...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Ct...]
    • [Re...]
    • [...]