Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks Edzo for answering.. i do a switch .02 then  .01 and .02 again... meanwhile i felt more benzohead en my nausea went worse... so i'm now on day 6 on 3.14 mg. Hope it is wise to stay here for a while and when feeling better going off to 3 and then maybe taper .01 every day. Love to hear more opinions but i'm already glad you replied Edzo. Hope your tapering goes smoothly ! Put my thumbs up !  :thumbsup:

Grtz x Sh  :smitten:

Gardener99, did you used to be gardener~guest and were tapering off Trazodone.  I think I saw you when I searched BB for Trazodone.  If not, excuse the ring.  Cross

I was told by posting here I might be able to get some much needed advice

Here's the situation.

I have read Every thread I could find on liquid tapering of temazapam.

They have used a 1 on 1 ratio of water or milk and Temazapam.

The first time I mixed my solution the med never dissolved.

I tried it again, I had a little bit of my old prescription. Used the 1 on 1 ratio with water. The mixture was cloudy and thoroughly mixed, no evidence of crystals what so ever.

Dilemma......

Tried the Exact same combo with my new prescription, which unfortunately is a new manufacturer  >:(  I can see the crystals and it Never became cloudy. I stirred it, I swooshed it, the temazapam never seemed to dissolve.

I wouldn't want to use milk as I know I would be anxiety ridden as to whether it mixed correctly.

If I tried vodka or pr how many ml would I use with the water?

My capsules, not pills are 15mg typically I would use 15ml water.

It's not the same as Xanax, klonipin, Valium or Ativan.  :(

Any ideas out there???

I am down under the half way mark and like many of us, I am ready to be finished

Thank you in advance!!!

Faith

I was told by posting here I might be able to get some much needed advice

Here's the situation.

I have read Every thread I could find on liquid tapering of temazapam.

They have used a 1 on 1 ratio of water or milk and Temazapam.

The first time I mixed my solution the med never dissolved.

I tried it again, I had a little bit of my old prescription. Used the 1 on 1 ratio with water. The mixture was cloudy and thoroughly mixed, no evidence of crystals what so ever.

Dilemma......

Tried the Exact same combo with my new prescription, which unfortunately is a new manufacturer  >:(  I can see the crystals and it Never became cloudy. I stirred it, I swooshed it, the temazapam never seemed to dissolve.

I wouldn't want to use milk as I know I would be anxiety ridden as to whether it mixed correctly.

If I tried vodka or pr how many ml would I use with the water?

My capsules, not pills are 15mg typically I would use 15ml water.

It's not the same as Xanax, klonipin, Valium or Ativan.  :(

Any ideas out there???

I am down under the half way mark and like many of us, I am ready to be finished

Thank you in advance!!!

Faith

Rosemont makes a liquid T...

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/10745

The ingredients in section 6.1 suggest that alcohol and PG can be used as solvents for T, but they don't say how much is required.  We also don't know its solubility in water.  What we can do is assume T is like the other benzos and give it a try.  Something like 10ml alcohol or PG and 1500ml water would be a suggestion.  I'd use a lot of water since there are 15mg of T to keep dissolved...that's a lot.

I wouldn't begin to try to mix my own meds. I get diazepam solution from a compound pharmacy. 1 mg. equals 1 ml. Combining it with the 5 mg. and 2 mg. pills enables me to cut .025 mg. per night. I'm at 6.9 mg. total V now. The solution costs $45 and lasts two months.

Best of luck

MirandaJane

Thank you soooo much sg577!!!!!!

I read that site several times.

In looking through archives here, some members were on higher doses and did the 1 on 1 ratio with water.

With my old prescription it was water soluble.

The new manufacturerer screwed things up for me  :tickedoff:

What do you think if I tried like 1ml of vodka 14 ml of water? Is that too much alcohol?

My other thought, I see my dr next week. I was going to call some other pharmacies to find the old manufacturerer and see if my dr would write the prescription for there.

Thank goodness my anxiety levels have dropped or right now they are about the whole taper process!

Thank you again for your time and advice  :angel: :angel: I have read your story and I am so so sorry for your struggles!! Yet you are reaching out to help others! You are a blessing!!

Faith

Thank you Mirandajane!!

That idea is also in my mind as an option!!

Or purchase a different scale that is more accurate and continue doing dry cuts

Thank you soooo much sg577!!!!!!

I read that site several times.

In looking through archives here, some members were on higher doses and did the 1 on 1 ratio with water.

With my old prescription it was water soluble.

The new manufacturerer screwed things up for me  :tickedoff:

What do you think if I tried like 1ml of vodka 14 ml of water? Is that too much alcohol?

My other thought, I see my dr next week. I was going to call some other pharmacies to find the old manufacturerer and see if my dr would write the prescription for there.

Thank goodness my anxiety levels have dropped or right now they are about the whole taper process!

Thank you again for your time and advice  :angel: :angel: I have read your story and I am so so sorry for your struggles!! Yet you are reaching out to help others! You are a blessing!!

Faith

Thank you Mirandajane!!

That idea is also in my mind as an option!!

Or purchase a different scale that is more accurate and continue doing dry cuts

1ml alcohol and 14ml water is not enough.  If you need to dissolve 15mg T in my mind you need two things: enough alcohol or PG to dissolve it and enough water to keep it dissolved.  Or, if you did a higher ratio, you could possibly use straight solvent.  This would affect your cut accuracy, but it might work.

It's only been two days so you probably can go back down to the original dose and hold there.  There are also many other doses between the two.

Do you think it would be wise to keep the valium in the mix?  I already went down to 2mg yesterday from the 2.5mg on Saturday.  I just don't want to mess my brain up anymore than it already is! I bought all of my supplies for a liquid titration, just waiting to be stable!

It depends on what is going on.  If you are bothered by interdose symptoms they need to be addressed and the only ways I know to do that are more frequent dosing or a longer acting drug.

The ER doc seemed to think it was interdose withdrawals. I had had a very stressful few days, so it could be just been from that.  I have spaced my doses to 4x a day, but still at the 2mg (I think today would be day 4 at this dose) with 5mg of valium at night to sleep.  I wanted to tapee directly from ativan, since I know how long the cuts take to affect me (or so I thought). But, I also have the option of crossing to valium.  I feel too drugged right now, I am tired ALL day.  It may just be from the valium, I'm not sure.  I do enjoy the better sleep, but hate to be so much further behind in my taper.  I seem to be stabilizing on this dose okay, I guess.  Some nausea, but I have that all the time.  And, the tiredness, headaches, some anxiety (but nothing terrible).  Have I totally messed up by allowing them to updose me this much?  What would your suggestion be to get to where I was?  I did purchase all of the stuff I need to do a liquid taper.  If my blood pressure wouldn't have been so high for so long, I doubt I would've gone to the ER.  I have terrible health anxiety (I'm trying to deal with it using CBT, meditation, I see a therapist for the first time tomorrow)... I'd like any advice if you have some (I hear you're one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people, which means you probably get bombarded by people asking for your help, so I'm sorry).  Thanks for listening.  Feel free to PM me if that is easier.  Thanks again. 

It depends on what is going on.  If you are bothered by interdose symptoms they need to be addressed and the only ways I know to do that are more frequent dosing or a longer acting drug.

The ER doc seemed to think it was interdose withdrawals. I had had a very stressful few days, so it could be just been from that.  I have spaced my doses to 4x a day, but still at the 2mg (I think today would be day 4 at this dose) with 5mg of valium at night to sleep.  I wanted to tapee directly from ativan, since I know how long the cuts take to affect me (or so I thought). But, I also have the option of crossing to valium.  I feel too drugged right now, I am tired ALL day.  It may just be from the valium, I'm not sure.  I do enjoy the better sleep, but hate to be so much further behind in my taper.  I seem to be stabilizing on this dose okay, I guess.  Some nausea, but I have that all the time.  And, the tiredness, headaches, some anxiety (but nothing terrible).  Have I totally messed up by allowing them to updose me this much?  What would your suggestion be to get to where I was?  I did purchase all of the stuff I need to do a liquid taper.  If my blood pressure wouldn't have been so high for so long, I doubt I would've gone to the ER.  I have terrible health anxiety (I'm trying to deal with it using CBT, meditation, I see a therapist for the first time tomorrow)... I'd like any advice if you have some (I hear you're one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people, which means you probably get bombarded by people asking for your help, so I'm sorry).  Thanks for listening.  Feel free to PM me if that is easier.  Thanks again.

It sounds like you are doing okay on that dose (2mg Ativan+ 5mg V?).  I'd sit there and dose evenly.  Give it time.  In the meantime, you could get ready to liquid taper the ativan.  Leave the V for last for sure.

It sounds like you are doing okay on that dose (2mg Ativan+ 5mg V?).  I'd sit there and dose evenly.  Give it time.  In the meantime, you could get ready to liquid taper the ativan.  Leave the V for last for sure.

Okay, i can do that.  I don't want to go to fast again.  Should I stay here for a week or more?  I can definitely do the ativan first, when the time comes to taper.  Won't I also need a few weeks to stabilize on the liquid before I actually begin tapering that?  My pills are .5mg ativan

Okay, i can do that.  I don't want to go to fast again.  Should I stay here for a week or more?  I can definitely do the ativan first, when the time comes to taper.  Won't I also need a few weeks to stabilize on the liquid before I actually begin tapering that?  My pills are .5mg ativan

I'd just sit there until you feel you aren't getting anything out of it.  It is a subjective thing and you know best when is enough.  Time is your friend.  Don't be in a hurry to get off.  Be in a hurry to feel well.  That needs to be your focus: feeling well.  Do what is required to feel well.  Getting free will come and it will come a lot sooner and be a lot sweeter if you keep yourself feeling well as you taper.

Yes, when you switch to liquid it is a good idea to give that time as well to adjust.  It is often needed.  These holds are not going to waste, BTW.  Try not to see it that way.  IMO the brain is always making corrections, even when holding.  Check out this thread and the results they are getting with long holds...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.1190#top

I'd just sit there until you feel you aren't getting anything out of it.  It is a subjective thing and you know best when is enough.  Time is your friend.  Don't be in a hurry to get off.  Be in a hurry to feel well.  That needs to be your focus: feeling well.  Do what is required to feel well.  Getting free will come and it will come a lot sooner and be a lot sweeter if you keep yourself feeling well as you taper.

Yes, when you switch to liquid it is a good idea to give that time as well to adjust.  It is often needed.  These holds are not going to waste, BTW.  Try not to see it that way.  IMO the brain is always making corrections, even when holding.  Check out this thread and the results they are getting with long holds...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.1190#top

Thank you SO much SG.  That is just what I needed to hear!  I will probably find you when I feel like I'm ready to taper.  Thank you so, so much.  You've given me hope and made me realize this isn't all for not.  :smitten::thumbsup:

SG, I'd like to ask your opinion about increasing my taper rate. I am cutting .005 mg every other day which I believe is 2.5% every 2 weeks.  I'll be down to .5 mg at the beginning of June.  I feel reasonably good, with mostly manageable symptoms, due in large part I think to sleeping better and watching my diet.  Is it crazy to think about increasing my rate as I'm getting lower?  I'm sitting on the fence...intuitively I feel like I can increase my rate, but I'm also not very taper savvy when it comes to figuring out or knowing percentages etc.. 

Up to this point I have been tapering with a combination of K pills and compounded liquid. When I get to .5 mg I will have the option of going to all liquid or taking a .25mg pill and the rest liquid - any thoughts on this?

As always, thanks!  Finnie

SG57,

Just to clarify...does it matter how much vodka you dissolve your meds in? I have a 5mg valium tablet which I put in a glass, and then pour just a tiny bit of vodka in. It dissolves, and then I add 500ml of water (or a bit less so both liquids add up to 500ml). This way I know 100ml equals 1mg of valium.

Im not missing anything am I?

SG, I'd like to ask your opinion about increasing my taper rate. I am cutting .005 mg every other day which I believe is 2.5% every 2 weeks.  I'll be down to .5 mg at the beginning of June.  I feel reasonably good, with mostly manageable symptoms, due in large part I think to sleeping better and watching my diet.  Is it crazy to think about increasing my rate as I'm getting lower?  I'm sitting on the fence...intuitively I feel like I can increase my rate, but I'm also not very taper savvy when it comes to figuring out or knowing percentages etc.. 

Up to this point I have been tapering with a combination of K pills and compounded liquid. When I get to .5 mg I will have the option of going to all liquid or taking a .25mg pill and the rest liquid - any thoughts on this?

Instead of .005mg every other day, I'd cut .0025mg every day.  There is an advantage to this that is there to take if you want to.

Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to increase your rate as you go lower.  Lower doses require smaller cuts to get the same effect.  This is just the way drug doses work in the body and as near as I can see it is unavoidable.  But, if you have been tapering at a rate lower than you can handle, then there might be some headroom to move up.  I would not press it though.  You are moving pretty quickly as it is and if you are feeling well I would not jeopardize that.  Right now you are at about 15% a month (.0025mg/day x 30 days /.5mg=15%).  That's moving pretty good.  I'm glad you are able to do that.

As far as what to do when you get to .5mg, it's a preference.  Either will work.  I like to liquify as little as possible, but that is not too important.

SG57,

Just to clarify...does it matter how much vodka you dissolve your meds in? I have a 5mg valium tablet which I put in a glass, and then pour just a tiny bit of vodka in. It dissolves, and then I add 500ml of water (or a bit less so both liquids add up to 500ml). This way I know 100ml equals 1mg of valium.

Yes, it matters.  How much depends on the proof/ABV.  If it is 80 proof you'd need at least 3ml (I'd double it to 6ml) to dissolve 5mg.  Higher proofs require less.  You are using the same amount of water I would choose...500ml.  That's important.  This makes .01mg/ml (100ml=1mg) liquid V.  It is important to keep these water liquids well below .03mg/ml and you are doing that.

SG57,

Yes, it matters.  How much depends on the proof/ABV.  If it is 80 proof you'd need at least 3ml (I'd double it to 6ml) to dissolve 5mg.  Higher proofs require less.  You are using the same amount of water I would choose...500ml.  That's important.  This makes .01mg/ml (100ml=1mg) liquid V.  It is important to keep these water liquids well below .03mg/ml and you are doing that.

SG, could you explain why it is important to keep the water liquids below .03mg/ml? I have always dissolved my 5mg of L in 100ml of liquid (3ml vodka plus 97ml of water).

And does it matter that L is about half the strength of V or does that not have anything to do with the amount of liquid? Thanks.

Gard

SG, could you explain why it is important to keep the water liquids below .03mg/ml? I have always dissolved my 5mg of L in 100ml of liquid (3ml vodka plus 97ml of water).

And does it matter that L is about half the strength of V or does that not have anything to do with the amount of liquid? Thanks.

Gard

Post #54...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97737.msg1861205#msg1861205

You're all set, Gard.  The solubility of L in 80 proof is 2.89mg/ml so 3ml can hold up to 8.67mg.  You're only dissolving 5mg so you are good, although I'd typically pad that more.  Also, on the water, L solubility in water has been measured to be .11mg/ml so 100ml will hold up to 11mg.  You're only at 5mg, so again you are good, although I'd typically pad that more as well.  L does a little better in water than most benzos.

Gard

Post #54...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97737.msg1861205#msg1861205

You're all set, Gard.  The solubility of L in 80 proof is 2.89mg/ml so 3ml can hold up to 8.67mg.  You're only dissolving 5mg so you are good, although I'd typically pad that more.  Also, on the water, L solubility in water has been measured to be .11mg/ml so 100ml will hold up to 11mg.  You're only at 5mg, so again you are good, although I'd typically pad that more as well.  L does a little better in water than most benzos.

Thanks. Now if only I could get stable enough to keep tapering. >:(  Been just miserable lately.

Instead of .005mg every other day, I'd cut .0025mg every day.  There is an advantage to this that is there to take if you want to.

Generally speaking, it is not a good idea to increase your rate as you go lower.  Lower doses require smaller cuts to get the same effect.  This is just the way drug doses work in the body and as near as I can see it is unavoidable.  But, if you have been tapering at a rate lower than you can handle, then there might be some headroom to move up.  I would not press it though.  You are moving pretty quickly as it is and if you are feeling well I would not jeopardize that.  Right now you are at about 15% a month (.0025mg/day x 30 days /.5mg=15%).  That's moving pretty good.  I'm glad you are able to do that.

As far as what to do when you get to .5mg, it's a preference.  Either will work.  I like to liquify as little as possible, but that is not too important.

Okay, 15 % a month is great, vs. the  5% I thought I was doing, I will leave my taper rate alone!  I won't even begin to explain how I got my percentage - except that I calculated it on the original amount I started tapering.  I'm in the social sciences, and not the hard sciences for a reason  ;)  Thanks for your supportive words, I feel much better knowing I'm right where I should be, and feeling the best I have.

Thanks again SG.  Finnie

I've seen a lot on liquid tapering.  Why is liquid better than using a scale to daily taper?

I'm hesitant to add a new variable by switching to liquid/alcohol.  I've seen some people on here have trouble with that switch.

But if you convince me why a scale is inaccurate, I might reconsider. :)

I'm using capsules of L, so it is a fine powder already.  My scale goes to 0.0001 g.  I use a weigh boat, tear the scale, pour out the contents of the capsule, weigh, calculate whatever % of that I want to take, use a little spatula to remove some powder until the scale reads what I calculated.  Then I pour the powder back into a capsule and swallow.  It's a bit of a pain, but not really more of a pain than making a daily liquid would be.  I've gotten pretty fast at it.  When I remove some powder,  I try to get it from different parts of the pile of powder. 

Please tell me if something in my method seems like it would decrease accuracy.  Thank you!

Okay, 15 % a month is great, vs. the  5% I thought I was doing, I will leave my taper rate alone!  I won't even begin to explain how I got my percentage - except that I calculated it on the original amount I started tapering.  I'm in the social sciences, and not the hard sciences for a reason  ;)  Thanks for your supportive words, I feel much better knowing I'm right where I should be, and feeling the best I have.

Thanks again SG.  Finnie

Good to go.  And remember that as you go lower the cut size WILL eventually need to get smaller and smaller to keep the rate at 15% a month.  You'll know by how you feel.

SG57  I really like this Daily Micro Tapering idea and would love to know how I could go about getting some help getting a tapering schedule such as this set up?  A friend from a Benzo FB group sent me here to search for you.  Said I would need the weight for ten of my pills (Clonazepam 0.5 ...3 X Daily) I weighed out ten pills three times and got different weights every time. (1.704, 1.706, 1.712) Figured should maybe go with middle one?  I just began tapering from my 1.5 mgs yesterday using my scales to reduce dose by 5%.  I have been on this dose for 28 years and I am experiencing inter dose symptoms now and again and I want free of them.  I would really appreciate any help, or input.  Thank you so very much for your time! :) 

SG57  I really like this Daily Micro Tapering idea and would love to know how I could go about getting some help getting a tapering schedule such as this set up?  A friend from a Benzo FB group sent me here to search for you.  Said I would need the weight for ten of my pills (Clonazepam 0.5 ...3 X Daily) I weighed out ten pills three times and got different weights every time. (1.704, 1.706, 1.712) Figured should maybe go with middle one?  I just began tapering from my 1.5 mgs yesterday using my scales to reduce dose by 5%.  I have been on this dose for 28 years and I am experiencing inter dose symptoms now and again and I want free of them.  I would really appreciate any help, or input.  Thank you so very much for your time! :)

Hi Dannielle, I'll support the scale method, but I am not a fan of it, especially for K.  The pill size is too big and the scales are not that accurate.  This results in a bumpier ride and it is unnecessary.  I really think K needs liquids, but, like I said, I'll support it.

Your weights are fine.  It isn't too important to get the number exact as you will taper by how you feel anyway.  Any number that is about right will work fine.  Your average is .1707g...call it .171g.  It's .5mg so that means each 1 gram of K pill powder is 2.92mg K.  This means each .001g on the scale is .00292mg.  That's the key number for your .5mg pills.  It converts from weight to dose and dose to weight.

28 years is a long time.  I'd get stable from your cut: spread out you dose and just sit until you feel ready to taper.  When ready, I'd begin with 8% a month and see how that goes for you.  This would be a daily cut of .0038mg since your dose is 1.425mg.  You scale can't do that so the next best thing is to do a c2/c/c pattern.  In other words, cut .002g followed by two .001g cuts over three days, then repeat.  Give this a few weeks to see how it goes.

HEy guys and gals.  Some time back I'd found a post that explained how to do a liquid valium oral solution taper and had maths in it for cutting by percentages and cutting by dose.  I think it was a post by builder?  I cannot find it anywhere though!  Does anyone know the post I'm talking about? Can you link me to it please!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Po...]
    • [Es...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [kn...]
    • [...]
    • [Au...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [so...]
    • [Le...]
    • [TH...]