Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

SG, one more question.....will I have enough Ativan to do this if I only get 45 0.5 mg pills a month...I don't remember if I asked you this before...thanks again. 

Oh, I wasn't clear. Sorry. Trust me, I know that the wave isn't psychological; it's real. I mean that the .22ml dose might just be psychological as I don't imagine you're receiving much therapeutic effect from it.

--Ed

Gotcha. :)

I agree I am getting nothing from it.  Mainly now just reducing the accumulated Valium.

What was your dose when you began to taper? If you don't mind offering that up. I didn't see it in your signature.

Thanks,

Ed

SG, one more question.....will I have enough Ativan to do this if I only get 45 0.5 mg pills a month...I don't remember if I asked you this before...thanks again.

That's 22.5mg. Your dose is about. 9mg so enough for about 24 days or so. Hard to know if you can cross in that time. It's possible.

Shoot, I'm not sure about that at all, and even after I cross over I would still need the 9 right?  So, maybe I just have to leave things the way they are and taper the Ativan, and don't let the doc know I am down and cross the ambien over when I am at the end?  Would that work?  I doubt she will let me go up....but I will try.....how many pills would I need a month?  For the 9mg I mean....gosh, why do doctors have to make this soooo hard. 

Thanks Ed--no I don't think it's anything but benzos. Just scary to have such a scary symptom this far into hold--at least it is for me. Acceptance is definitely key!

Shoot, I'm not sure about that at all, and even after I cross over I would still need the 9 right?  So, maybe I just have to leave things the way they are and taper the Ativan, and don't let the doc know I am down and cross the ambien over when I am at the end?  Would that work?  I doubt she will let me go up....but I will try.....how many pills would I need a month?  For the 9mg I mean....gosh, why do doctors have to make this soooo hard.

Bare minimum you need 28 mg a month. That's with no waste and no up dosing.

Well, I guess I can only ask her {the doc},  how many more 0.5 pills would that be that I would need?  Otherwise, do you think it would work to replace the Ambien with Ativan towards the end of my taper, because as I taper, I will accumulate more pills and would have enough to taper the Ambien with then?  Does it really make that much difference which drug goes away first? 

STUPID MATH QUESTION  :sick:

Im posting here in preperation for FINALLY being a REAL member of the microtaper group. My last xanax dose is here in my cross to valium, now I have a few days to gather my weird doses into one. I was on xanax every 3 hours and was replacing with valium so while my numbers look weird there was a reason. So can someone double check me? Im taking .302 g of .320 g (2- 5 mg pills) and .110 g of a .169 g  (2 mg)pill. Im getting that being 10.8 ish mg total of V. Am I right, or close? I want to take 2 of the 5 mg pills and a half of the 2 mg. I think if I stay at 11 for a few weeks then I can start my taper. I really really suck at even basic math right now so if I am close, I am going to make myself a cake.

Thank you!!

PS I just got a DNA test back that says Im an ultra rapid metabolizer of V so might I be better off dosing twice a day?

Well, I guess I can only ask her {the doc},  how many more 0.5 pills would that be that I would need?  Otherwise, do you think it would work to replace the Ambien with Ativan towards the end of my taper, because as I taper, I will accumulate more pills and would have enough to taper the Ambien with then?  Does it really make that much difference which drug goes away first?

What is your dose?  .96mg?  That's 28.8mg a month, which would be 58 .5mg pills.  That's bare minimum with no waste and no updosing.  If you need the Ambien you need the Ambien.  I'd only stay with it as long as I had to.  It is lousy to taper and will get worse as your dose goes down.

STUPID MATH QUESTION  :sick:

Im posting here in preperation for FINALLY being a REAL member of the microtaper group. My last xanax dose is here in my cross to valium, now I have a few days to gather my weird doses into one. I was on xanax every 3 hours and was replacing with valium so while my numbers look weird there was a reason. So can someone double check me? Im taking .302 g of .320 g (2- 5 mg pills) and .110 g of a .169 g  (2 mg)pill. Im getting that being 10.8 ish mg total of V. Am I right, or close? I want to take 2 of the 5 mg pills and a half of the 2 mg. I think if I stay at 11 for a few weeks then I can start my taper. I really really suck at even basic math right now so if I am close, I am going to make myself a cake.

Thank you!!

PS I just got a DNA test back that says Im an ultra rapid metabolizer of V so might I be better off dosing twice a day?

If that turns out to be true, then yes, you can combat that by dosing more often.  Dose as often as you need.  Congratulations on getting off X.  That was a long haul.

You have pills that weigh .320g?  That is extremely heavy.  What brand is that?

.302g/.320g(5mg)=4.72mg x 2 = 9.44mg

.110g/.169g(2mg)=1.30mg

Total V=9.44mg+1.3mg=10.7mg

I definitely see your point for sure SG, but if I can't get any more pills from her, I am kinda stuck....I will ask her...again thanks for all your help....I'll call her Monday....

I definitely see your point for sure SG, but if I can't get any more pills from her, I am kinda stuck....I will ask her...again thanks for all your help....I'll call her Monday....

Yep, it sucks when a doc is the problem.  All you can do is try to use the Ambien to help as much as possible...and taper I guess, so that you are lower and have enough supply.

No, its 2-5 mg pills. I think I put that in there but probably in the wrong way :)

And thanks SG- thanks for putting up with me. Hopefully coming off the V will be slow and easy.

Hi SG,

You are truly a kind person.  I have been absent from this group for about 8 months and return to find you still so patiently helping everyone. :thumbsup:

There needs to be more people in this world like you.

Have a nice weekend.

doodle dog

I wish there was a "like" button on here, I agree with you...SG is very kind and appreciated!!!

Hi SG,

You are truly a kind person.  I have been absent from this group for about 8 months and return to find you still so patiently helping everyone. :thumbsup:

There needs to be more people in this world like you.

Have a nice weekend.

doodle dog

I wish there was a "like" button on here, I agree with you...SG is very kind and appreciated!!!

:)

Still holding and popped in to say hi to everybody. :) And "like" to SG so patiently still helping everyone.  :thumbsup:

Gard

Hey everyone,

I am getting close to the end of my klonopin daily microtaper. I know it is a very individual thing, but what does most people report after they jump? I am still symptomatic but nowhere near what I was. I am actually trying to hold down a full-time job and getting a bit nervous.

Thanks, HT2

SG, I was told that, perhaps, you could help me....

I went to the ER two days ago because I had a 10hr panic attack that resulted in my blood pressure being 150/124.  I told them how I was try to taper off Ativan, how my doc had given me valium to switch over if I wanted.... He (and I) agreed that I was probably having interdose withdrawals and that I needed to dose 4x a day.  He gave me 1mg of Ativan at the hospital and told me to keep my regualr schedule for the rest of the day, but to also take 1 5mg valium so I could start the cross over, so it could start building up in my system.  He told me to do this for 3-4days.  So, that day I took 2.5mg of ativan and 5mg of valium (my normal daily dose was 1.435, but I had been feeling really sick since I cut down to that).  Yesterday, I took 2mg of ativan and 5mg of valium.  I woke up with a panic attack again today.  I was able to calm it, but I feel so sick.  Normally I am nauseous, but this morning, I actually got sick.  I don't want to stay at a higher dose of ativan and valium.  I want to get back down to 1.5mg of ativan (last dose I felt stable) then I guess, start crossing over to valium or just drop the valium and cut slower.  I have no idea how to get back down?  Have these two updose days completely  wrecked my taper?  I feel like crap.  I haven't gotten out of bed in two days.  I've lost 4lbs.  I can't keep doing this. Please, if anyone has any advice, please, I'm open to it.  I am scared I'm going to die.  Or something bad is going to happen. (Copied and pasted from my post in the withdrawal support section).

I went to the ER two days ago because I had a 10hr panic attack that resulted in my blood pressure being 150/124.  I told them how I was try to taper off Ativan, how my doc had given me valium to switch over if I wanted.... He (and I) agreed that I was probably having interdose withdrawals and that I needed to dose 4x a day.  He gave me 1mg of Ativan at the hospital and told me to keep my regualr schedule for the rest of the day, but to also take 1 5mg valium so I could start the cross over, so it could start building up in my system.  He told me to do this for 3-4days.  So, that day I took 2.5mg of ativan and 5mg of valium (my normal daily dose was 1.435, but I had been feeling really sick since I cut down to that).  Yesterday, I took 2mg of ativan and 5mg of valium.  I woke up with a panic attack again today.  I was able to calm it, but I feel so sick.  Normally I am nauseous, but this morning, I actually got sick.  I don't want to stay at a higher dose of ativan and valium.  I want to get back down to 1.5mg of ativan (last dose I felt stable) then I guess, start crossing over to valium or just drop the valium and cut slower.  I have no idea how to get back down?  Have these two updose days completely  wrecked my taper?  I feel like crap.  I haven't gotten out of bed in two days.  I've lost 4lbs.  I can't keep doing this. Please, if anyone has any advice, please, I'm open to it.  I am scared I'm going to die.  Or something bad is going to happen. (Copied and pasted from my post in the withdrawal support section).

It's only been two days so you probably can go back down to the original dose and hold there.  There are also many other doses between the two.

It's only been two days so you probably can go back down to the original dose and hold there.  There are also many other doses between the two.

Do you think it would be wise to keep the valium in the mix?  I already went down to 2mg yesterday from the 2.5mg on Saturday.  I just don't want to mess my brain up anymore than it already is! I bought all of my supplies for a liquid titration, just waiting to be stable!

Inner - my brain is fuzzy so I hope the following makes sense. It took me weeks for Valium (diazepam) to replace Ativan during my crossover, so don't expect Valium to kick in immediately. Also, the Ashton Method says 1 mg Ativan equals 10 mg. diazepam; I'm not sure how that fits with the ratio the doctor explained to you. My psychologist said the current thinking is 1 mg. Ativan equals 5 mg. diazepam, but that certainly didn't work for me! I finally went with the Ashton equivalent and had to updose and be patient until the Valium kicked in. The crossover was hell and I eventually had to stick with part Ativan and part Valium. I tapered Valium for about 8 months, then tapered completely off the remaining Ativan in February and am now back to tapering the remaining Valium VERY slowly. I'm at 7 mg and microtapering .025 mg. per night liquid compound. Still having symptoms, including severe nausea and diagnosed with delayed stomach emptying (gastroparesis), as a result. I never "stabilize," just keep being miserable, but the slower I cut, the more I can avoid panic and derealization.

Good luck to you,

MirandaJane

Do you think it would be wise to keep the valium in the mix?  I already went down to 2mg yesterday from the 2.5mg on Saturday.  I just don't want to mess my brain up anymore than it already is! I bought all of my supplies for a liquid titration, just waiting to be stable!

It depends on what is going on.  If you are bothered by interdose symptoms they need to be addressed and the only ways I know to do that are more frequent dosing or a longer acting drug.

Can anybody give me a bootybump in the right direction... i'm tapering from 10 mg Diaz.  Things went quiet okay till 4mg... started daily taper part pill part fat milk. I'm tapering 5 % in 14 days but between 3.25 en now i'd had to hold for a few days... now i am at 3.14 mg and holding already for 6 days since the nausea, headaches, foggyness, dizziness is getting a little bit worse. I've had nausea and headaches off and on since the beginning. So i think that 's a sx that's gonna haunt me till the end. Do i continue my taper 5 proc and hold when necessary or do i have to taper at a smaller amount ? I'm a bit scared cauz i had tolerance withdrawal last year after the use of 4 weeks of a short working benzo. I rather move forward with less sxs then have to hold. I know i can't speed it up. Just want to stay functional, have 2 kids to take care off, can't throw all things at my hubby cauz he has to work every day.

Please some help if i'm doing okay in my taper or should i go for another option. I'm still reasonable functional driving, walking, doing some Household...

Thanks so much for your help !

Love x Sh x

Can anybody give me a bootybump in the right direction... i'm tapering from 10 mg Diaz.  Things went quiet okay till 4mg... started daily taper part pill part fat milk. I'm tapering 5 % in 14 days but between 3.25 en now i'd had to hold for a few days... now i am at 3.14 mg and holding already for 6 days since the nausea, headaches, foggyness, dizziness is getting a little bit worse. I've had nausea and headaches off and on since the beginning. So i think that 's a sx that's gonna haunt me till the end. Do i continue my taper 5 proc and hold when necessary or do i have to taper at a smaller amount ? I'm a bit scared cauz i had tolerance withdrawal last year after the use of 4 weeks of a short working benzo. I rather move forward with less sxs then have to hold. I know i can't speed it up. Just want to stay functional, have 2 kids to take care off, can't throw all things at my hubby cauz he has to work every day.

Please some help if i'm doing okay in my taper or should i go for another option. I'm still reasonable functional driving, walking, doing some Household...

Thanks so much for your help !

Love x Sh x

Personally, I'd slow down. I also have to hold a lot more frequently now than I used to. In fact, for me the holding only provides temporary relief.  With this being the case, I'm now tapering .02mg per day and it's still rough.  I've read plenty of recovery stories here where people slow down to .01 per day cuts at some points in there tapers. As far as "Will this haunt me til the end?"--your guess is as good as mine!  :-[  I'm hoping you get off and can tell me!  ;D

I'm sure others will chime in soon.

All the Best,

Ed

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Os...]
    • [ca...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Ra...]
    • [En...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Jo...]