Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

QUESTION RE:CONTAINERS

I dissolve my K tablets in 60 ml milk. The plastic baby jars I've been using for a year are starting to leak. Does anyone have a recommendation for something leakproof?

I had some amber, glass vitamin jars that miraculously didn't leak, so I used those. Several different brands and none leaked.

I dissolve my K tablets in 60 ml milk. The plastic baby jars I've been using for a year are starting to leak. Does anyone have a recommendation for something leakproof?

I had some amber, glass vitamin jars that miraculously didn't leak, so I used those. Several different brands and none leaked.

I've been using empty amber colored cough medicine bottles.

Lizagal I ordered these from Amazon: 60 ml amber bottles with a leak proof cap.

www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I51J6XI/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8#

These jars are pricey, but they don't leak.  I keep one or two in my purse and have had no problems. 

The following link shows a 250 mL jar, but you can get the 100 mL jars. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XR5TIO/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687562&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004XR5T48&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=09M03RQFCHCP3XEJ1K24

Anne

I am down to 0.25ml.  I dose twice a day.  Seeing those tiny drips coming out of the oral syringe makes me smile because it's such a small dose. 

It's amazing how those little drips can still affect withdrawal.

Hello, could anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of 0.1ml oral syringes for daily liquid micro-taper? I am in the UK. Thank-you :)

ok, took the 5% updose yesterday, and today and I am feeling completely horrible!!!!  WHAT???? Is this normal? Does it take awhile to feel better?  :sick::smitten:

ok, took the 5% updose yesterday, and today and I am feeling completely horrible!!!!  WHAT???? Is this normal? Does it take awhile to feel better?  :sick::smitten:

It's normal for me.  I've never waited more than 3 days before going back down though so it just may take longer to stabilize on the higher dose.

ok thanks, I guess I just expected to "feel" better not worse....this is all so weird isn't it?  You always go down right away again?  I'm just hoping I won't have to updose more, just so hard to figure all this out,,.how am I supposed to tell if I am stabilizing?  I feel like I did a cut...sorry to be so whiney, just feeling horrific right now....thanks v for responding...you're the best!!!  :smitten:

ok thanks, I guess I just expected to "feel" better not worse....this is all so weird isn't it?  You always go down right away again?  I'm just hoping I won't have to updose more, just so hard to figure all this out,,.how am I supposed to tell if I am stabilizing?  I feel like I did a cut...sorry to be so whiney, just feeling horrific right now....thanks v for responding...you're the best!!!  :smitten:

stella, were you stable at .6mg? if so go back to it and hold for awhile. I dont really understand your sig. Is the 59.7 ml or what?

Yes. I always drop back down because it brings on massive insomnia. I'm not sure how you tell if you're stabilizing. I thought it was supposed to make you feel better immediately, but have read many posts where it took a while to get used to the higher dose.

Hi JR, I know I need to update my signature...it is ml....but I have found out my total dose is really .915 a day which includes the Ambien, so I updosed 5%, probably need to hold awhile, or go up further, I'm not sure...was hoping it would make me feel better sooner, did you feel better right after your updose? I am on Ativan, so may be different....

That's weird.  I would expect you to feel the same or better, but not worse.  I'd give it some time.

Thanks SG, I will give it some more time for sure...thanks for the encouragement...I seem to react weird to everything...maybe I'm just weird.... :idiot:

Hello, could anyone tell me where I might be able to get hold of 0.1ml oral syringes for daily liquid micro-taper? I am in the UK. Thank-you :)

Well, I really doubt you're going to find a .1ml syringe.  But you should have no problem finding a 1ml syringe, which will let you very easily measure .1ml  doses.  You should be able to get a 1ml syringe at your pharmacy, or they are readily available from Amazon.

::) ::)::)

Well, I really doubt you're going to find a .1ml syringe.  But you should have no problem finding a 1ml syringe, which will let you very easily measure .1ml  doses.  You should be able to get a 1ml syringe at your pharmacy, or they are readily available from Amazon.

My 1 ml syringe only measures in even increments, so .2ml.  :tickedoff:

My 1 ml syringe only measures in even increments, so .2ml:tickedoff:

Actually, I'm pretty sure your 1ml syringe is graduated in .02ml units

If it has 50 marks, then its .02, not .2.  ::) ::)

My 1 ml syringe only measures in even increments, so .2ml:tickedoff:

Actually, I'm pretty sure your 1ml syringe is graduated in .02ml units

If it has 50 marks, then its .02, not .2.  ::) ::)

More proof I should stay away from math completely before somebody gets hurt!  :laugh:

[8d...]

Hey guys, I posted this in the Klonopin Klub and they suggested bringing it here. I'm just looking for advice on my taper. I am currently tapering off of 2.5 mg's total (.5 on 10 mL's of milk, 2 mg's dry) and I will be finished with my first .5 liquid taper next week. I took out 1.2 mL's daily as this is the start of my taper but I'm wondering if I should slow that down as I move on to the next .5. I don't know the percentages or anything and my symtoms aside from my agoraphobia and social anxiety worsening aren't much different than when I was at tolerance withdrawal at the beginning of the taper. Anway, any suggestions/help for developing a plan would be appreciated. Thanks!

Modify message

Hey guys, I posted this in the Klonopin Klub and they suggested bringing it here. I'm just looking for advice on my taper. I am currently tapering off of 2.5 mg's total (.5 on 10 mL's of milk, 2 mg's dry) and I will be finished with my first .5 liquid taper next week. I took out 1.2 mL's daily as this is the start of my taper but I'm wondering if I should slow that down as I move on to the next .5. I don't know the percentages or anything and my symtoms aside from my agoraphobia and social anxiety worsening aren't much different than when I was at tolerance withdrawal at the beginning of the taper. Anway, any suggestions/help for developing a plan would be appreciated. Thanks!

Modify message

How much K do you put into how much milk?  How long did it take you to go from 2.5mg to 2mg?  How do you feel?

Modify message

I dont think I understand your post. But if you put .5mgK / 10ml milk , then you have a very strong solution to begin with and if you remove 1.2ml per day that will be a 20% cut in your total  in 8.33 days.

I'm glad to find this group. I've been microtapering for a while now and still having bad symptoms, but it's better than cut and hold. I wish I could cut as fast as many of you seem to do. I'm at 7.2. mg. Valium now and cutting .025 mg. (in ml. from compound pharmacy) per night. I was doing .05 mg. per night for a while but the panic, derealization and anxiety got too bad. This past week I tried .025 for three nights, then .05 for one night, and got slammed again. And I hear that I will have to go slower as I get lower. This will take forever. I hate this! And I hate the pdoc who told me to take this stuff! I'm really going to need you guys as I continue this. Even at this taper rate I have anxiety, fear, depression, agoraphobia, muscle pain, skin burning, confusion, and my mind is STUPID.

Thanks for you all and Benzo Buddies,

MirandaJane

I'm glad to find this group. I've been microtapering for a while now and still having bad symptoms, but it's better than cut and hold. I wish I could cut as fast as many of you seem to do. I'm at 7.2. mg. Valium now and cutting .025 mg. (in ml. from compound pharmacy) per night. I was doing .05 mg. per night for a while but the panic, derealization and anxiety got too bad. This past week I tried .025 for three nights, then .05 for one night, and got slammed again. And I hear that I will have to go slower as I get lower. This will take forever. I hate this! And I hate the pdoc who told me to take this stuff! I'm really going to need you guys as I continue this. Even at this taper rate I have anxiety, fear, depression, agoraphobia, muscle pain, skin burning, confusion, and my mind is STUPID.

Thanks for you all and Benzo Buddies,

MirandaJane

:therethere:

So sorry you're going through this. I can relate to all of those symptoms. I have been holding for 2 months and will probably hold longer before I start my micro taper again. I think I just went at it too fast and now my brain needs to catch up and have some healing time. I also have a lot of stressful stuff going on and I do think that makes all the symptoms worse. I, too, can't believe how long this is taking. I thought this would be over months ago and instead I'm only half way off. Really, really working on being patient and accepting this is a much longer marathon that I ever imagined. But, others have done it and we will, too. Some day it will be our turn to post our success stories!  :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

Gardener - thanks for your reply. I see you are taking gabapentin and, I think, seroquel. I tried them with bad side effects. Only lithium and methylfolate, due to my bad genetics, are helping me now. I hope you get better soon - this is horrible for all of us. I feel so robbed of years of my life. Can't stop crying today. Had to put our old dog down. I used to be able to handle stuff and now I'm an emotional wreck all the time. It's hard to believe I will ever heal. Thanks for your support SO MUCH.

MirandaJane

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ca...]
    • [...]
    • [ti...]
    • [Da...]
    • [ra...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ha...]
    • [...]
    • [On...]