Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I dose klonopin four times a day because that is what I was told to do in a FB forum. I don't have interdose but I know people who dose four, five, six times a day. You can't help your genetics. I'm a slow metabolizer so I have tons of sedation snd brain fog I think as a result. Do what your brain and body needs-you're the expert there.

Thanks lizagal for the words of encouragement. You're right my body is telling me what I need to do.

I agree with Moo.  If you are feeling it three hours ahead of the next dose, try 4x.  You may need to dose more than that...5 or 6x.

Thanks SG for echoing Moodle's advice. Should I switch to 4xs a day at once and get it over with... since I metabolize it so fast anyway? Thanks for all the help.

That's the way I would do it.

That was right on the screws, JR.  I get the same thing.

The key to keeping it straight for me is to follow the units.  If you keep them straight the rest falls into place.

Show offs!  :P

:laugh:

I dose 5 times a day. and have alleviated interdose WD

jr50898, so increasing the frequency of dosing helped with the sxs? Dumb question I know, but I've been in IDWD so long I don't know what's normal...sorry I'm not making any sense.

Im scared of my own math after my simple mixup 2 weeks ago leading to neuron armageddon. Im about to do my first total dose swap instead of my daily swaps so this is a big deal for me...

If a .25 xanax pill weighs .129g and my dose is .017 mg, which is .031 mg, and my

Valium 2 mg pill weighs .170  g and my dose eqivalent should be .062 g - is that .021 mg?

If Im way off I need a good beating and if Im right it means all I have been doing all along was that anyway which makes things much easier. If Im wrong, Im cool as long as someone sets me straight.

Thank you!

Thanks yall! That was a part of my regular schedule but I wasnt 100% sure the doses were already equivalent. I had been scared of swapping whole doses before but its time to tackle my daytime stuff now. Oboy :/

I appreciate all the help. Maybe now I can handle it until I start going DOWN.... when I get to wherever I need to be on valium Im gonna hold it for a few weeks first. Thanks!!!

.25Xmg/.129g=1.93mg per g and .017g x 1.93 = .033mg

an equvilalent dose of valium would be .66mg

2mgV/.170g= 11.76mg per gram and a dose of .66mg /11.76 = .056g

I think this is right Kitty but chime in if I made an error SG57

The key to keeping it straight for me is to follow the units.  If you keep them straight the rest falls into place.

jr50898, so increasing the frequency of dosing helped with the sxs? Dumb question I know, but I've been in IDWD so long I don't know what's normal...sorry I'm not making any sense.

It sure helped me at first- I had to go from dosing once at night to every 3 - 4 hours to control symptoms. It changed up a lot too so that can happen, unfortunately. You just have to go with it.

Im scared of my own math after my simple mixup 2 weeks ago leading to neuron armageddon. Im about to do my first total dose swap instead of my daily swaps so this is a big deal for me...

If a .25 xanax pill weighs .129g and my dose is .017 mg, which is .031 mg, and my

Valium 2 mg pill weighs .170  g and my dose eqivalent should be .062 g - is that .021 mg?

If Im way off I need a good beating and if Im right it means all I have been doing all along was that anyway which makes things much easier. If Im wrong, Im cool as long as someone sets me straight.

Thank you!

Thanks yall! That was a part of my regular schedule but I wasnt 100% sure the doses were already equivalent. I had been scared of swapping whole doses before but its time to tackle my daytime stuff now. Oboy :/

I appreciate all the help. Maybe now I can handle it until I start going DOWN.... when I get to wherever I need to be on valium Im gonna hold it for a few weeks first. Thanks!!!

See I even messed up an entire post. Not only was I off in my numbers I was off in how I posted it. - --Short bus

SG, Builder, Crash, anyone,

Recently discovered I'm an ultra rapid metabolizer of Valium. I've been having IDWD for years but didn't know what was happening. I was already dosing 3xs a day but on a very inconsistent basis.  Since receiving my genetic results I dose exactly 8 hours apart. I notice the IDWD about 5 hours after dosing, and it feels like I made a cut.

A cross-over to another benzo doesn't appeal to me for many reasons. So, unless I'm  missing something, I have two options: stick with 3xs a day dosing and try to start a daily taper...or throw in the towel, dose 4xs a day, adjust to that and then start a daily taper.

Any and all thoughts are much appreciated... I kinda feel like freak of nature at the moment.

Healing thoughts to all, Left.

I sympathize. I had the same testing and found out I was an ultra-fast metabolizer of V, also. I crossed to L instead. When I was on X, I dosed 6 times, including in the middle of the night. I'm dosing 3 times now on L but I'll switch to 4 if it gets any more rough.

Wonder if anybody has any suggestions of what times to do 4 doses to avoid interrupting sleep. Dividing them evenly gives only 6 hours between doses, right? Is it more important to space the doses evenly or more important to get more time in bed?

Gard

P.S. I read up on those variations of that particular gene that affects metabolism of V, and the variations are pretty common, especially among people of European descent. It's the drug companies, who kept this knowledge under their hats for so long, that are the freaks, not you!

Gard, I'm glad you got tested before switching. :) I've been on Valium since 2010, and have been in a gradual cognitive decline since. I have difficulty finding the right words to say or write.

The sleep thing was one reason I didn't want to dose 4xs a day but like Moo said earlier lots of people dose 4xs or more a day.  I think for me I'll have to dose every 6 hours to keep IDWD away. I can't work so I can sleep when I need to.

And I'm of Eastern European descent.  :)

I agree with Moo.  If you are feeling it three hours ahead of the next dose, try 4x.  You may need to dose more than that...5 or 6x.

Thanks SG for echoing Moodle's advice. Should I switch to 4xs a day at once and get it over with... since I metabolize it so fast anyway? Thanks for all the help.

OK thanks. What about the sleep thingy? Should I dose every 6 hours or let myself sleep if possible...what a surprise, I can't make a decision...

It sure helped me at first- I had to go from dosing once at night to every 3 - 4 hours to control symptoms. It changed up a lot too so that can happen, unfortunately. You just have to go with it.

Thanks Kitty, what you shared is very helpful.  :thumbsup: I hope you feel better soon.

Moo, SG, Lizagal, Jr, Gard, Kitty...thank you all for helping me out. I've difficulty with words. I'm very grateful for your support and advice. I pray each of you has wide open windows, and tiny waves. :smitten:

OK thanks. What about the sleep thingy? Should I dose every 6 hours or let myself sleep if possible...what a surprise, I can't make a decision...

I posted this about sleep earlier...

Wonder if anybody has any suggestions of what times to do 4 doses to avoid interrupting sleep. Dividing them evenly gives only 6 hours between doses, right? Is it more important to space the doses evenly or more important to get more time in bed?

It's a judgement call with sleep.  I agree with JR that more repair goes on during sleep and we need sleep for good health: it's important to sleep.  So it makes sense to stretch the dosing during those hours, if that is what is required.  To minimize this I'd dose upon awakening and also immediately before bed, then whatever doses are left I'd spread evenly between these two times.  But if the gap was too much or symptoms get too strong, I'd wake to dose.

Same here

Same here

Thanks Moo. I'll try 4mg, 3.5mg, 4mg, 3.5mg starting tomorrow (I only have 2mg pills).

Same here

Thanks Moo. I'll try 4mg, 3.5mg, 4mg, 3.5mg starting tomorrow (I only have 2mg pills).

2 mgr pills isn't a problem. I've used 2 mgr pills my entire taper. Even when I was at 0.5 , for example, I just took the other half for the next dose. If your pills split uneven it should not be a problem. Just take the other half for the next dose and the levels of Valium in your system will be the same.

By the way, I tried EVERY method to split my tabs evenly: pill cutter, box cutter, kitchen knife, etc.

And they crumbled every single time. The best way turned out to be splitting them by hand. No crumbs. Not always exactly even but that's solved by just taking the other half for the next dose.

Same here

2 mgr pills isn't a problem. I've used 2 mgr pills my entire taper. Even when I was at 0.5 , for example, I just took the other half for the next dose. If your pills split uneven it should not be a problem. Just take the other half for the next dose and the levels of Valium in your system will be the same.

By the way, I tried EVERY method to split my tabs evenly: pill cutter, box cutter, kitchen knife, etc.

And they crumbled every single time. The best way turned out to be splitting them by hand. No crumbs. Not always exactly even but that's solved by just taking the other half for the next dose.

I agree, it's easier to split the pills by hand, any other way and they seem to desinigrate. Thank you Moo for helping me and so many others 

I started out dosing 3 times a day. when I got lower, I changed to 4 times a day. and the middle of March I switched to 5 times a day. I hope that will hold off the IDW till I am done. Dont be afraid to divide your doses up any way you want as long as You are taking the same amount in a 24 hour period. I would try to keep them all even though.

Thank you!

See I even messed up an entire post. Not only was I off in my numbers I was off in how I posted it. - --Short bus

That is ok Kitty. we have all been there ,done that! It wasnt too hard to figure out what you meant. Hope you do well in the cross and healing is right around the corner.

I started out dosing 3 times a day. when I got lower, I changed to 4 times a day. and the middle of March I switched to 5 times a day. I hope that will hold off the IDW till I am done. Dont be afraid to divide your doses up any way you want as long as You are taking the same amount in a 24 hour period. I would try to keep them all even though.

OK, thanks for the advice.  I hope dosing 5xs a day will keep you out of IDWD until you're done. All the best.

[aa...]

I need help. I've been trying to taper off 4 mgs of Klonopin for a month, but have been feeling worse. Yesterday I got some liquid Klonopin from my pharmacy but I need to stabilize. I went back up to the 4 mgs but feel worse than ever and I'm terrified. I don't want to go in the hospital, especially since they'll pump me full of benzo's. another member told me that Builder or SG57 might be able to help me. Please, I'm so scared.

Hugs!

I'm hooked on 60mg diazepam and scared.

No doctor or drug agency will supply me neither.

I plan on starting a taper anyway next week, as Ive only been on 60mg a week, and was only on 30mg before that, underdosed in error for a few weeks.

The daytime dose of 30mg does nothing, but the night time dose really releaxes me.

I need help. I've been trying to taper off 4 mgs of Klonopin for a month, but have been feeling worse. Yesterday I got some liquid Klonopin from my pharmacy but I need to stabilize. I went back up to the 4 mgs but feel worse than ever and I'm terrified. I don't want to go in the hospital, especially since they'll pump me full of benzo's. another member told me that Builder or SG57 might be able to help me. Please, I'm so scared.

Hugs!

I'm hooked on 60mg diazepam and scared.

No doctor or drug agency will supply me neither.

I plan on starting a taper anyway next week, as Ive only been on 60mg a week, and was only on 30mg before that, underdosed in error for a few weeks.

The daytime dose of 30mg does nothing, but the night time dose really releaxes me.

Hi Journey,

I'm sorry that your hooked on these poison drugs too. It's truly frightening, I know. I have bad anxiety and depression and need help, but these drugs aren't good. They help relax you for awhile, then usually stop working. Then it's so hard to get off of them. Wishing you luck with your taper.

Hugs to you too!

Hey everyone,

Just a question : I'm on 3.30 mg Diazepam for the moment. I'm tapering 5 pr on 14d .. so i'm going by the rate 3.29  3.27 3.26... I'll be on 3.25 mg in a few days. My question : once i'm on 3.25 mg should i stay on this amount for a few days or just go right ahaid with the daily taper ? For now my sxs are : headache, nausea ( but able to eat) muscle pain deep breathing (muscle pain are from the breathing my ribs my shoulderblades) I'm able to function reasonably good : doing some homework not lots (low energy), taking walks with my dog.. driving kids to school, do some grocery shopping (mostly not alone). So what's the best to do :stay on 3.25 for a day or 4 and then go ahaid or just move on ? Thanks for reading and answering !

Grtz x Sh  :smitten:

Hey everyone,

Just a question : I'm on 3.30 mg Diazepam for the moment. I'm tapering 5 pr on 14d .. so i'm going by the rate 3.29  3.27 3.26... I'll be on 3.25 mg in a few days. My question : once i'm on 3.25 mg should i stay on this amount for a few days or just go right ahaid with the daily taper ? For now my sxs are : headache, nausea ( but able to eat) muscle pain deep breathing (muscle pain are from the breathing my ribs my shoulderblades) I'm able to function reasonably good : doing some homework not lots (low energy), taking walks with my dog.. driving kids to school, do some grocery shopping (mostly not alone). So what's the best to do :stay on 3.25 for a day or 4 and then go ahaid or just move on ? Thanks for reading and answering !

Grtz x Sh  :smitten:

I think as long as symptoms do not increase you can keep going.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Au...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Li...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]