Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

It sounds to me like you need a break.  I'd spread the dose evenly and sit tight.  Get on liquids too.  Give it as much time as it needs.

SG, do you think it would be a good idea to go back down to the 3 3/4 mgs of K, or should I stay at 4. I feel horrible, worse than when I began my K taper.

I'm wondering if what you feel is actually the cut lagging behind.  I'd sit tight and give it time if it were me.

SG, For some reason I'm getting emails that I have replies, but when I click on the link I can't find the reply. Somehow I found your reply luckily.  I think that you're right and not go back down. Not sure what you mean about the cut lagging behind.

It sounds to me like you need a break.  I'd spread the dose evenly and sit tight.  Get on liquids too.  Give it as much time as it needs.

SG, do you think it would be a good idea to go back down to the 3 3/4 mgs of K, or should I stay at 4. I feel horrible, worse than when I began my K taper.

I'm wondering if what you feel is actually the cut lagging behind.  I'd sit tight and give it time if it were me.

Hi AnxietyMom,

please reread SG57's post here, he knows what he's talking about, and as I spoke to you by phone and PM, please do not drop back down and cut the dose again, you just up dosed, you have to give your brain time to stabilize, as hard as it is and crazy as you feel, we are ALL here for you to help, no coffee for you, no alcohol, just read the caring posts and helpful advise we will give you, were here, and if you think of dreadful things, call me again, I know what you are feeling, well I cant be in your brain, but I know the feeling of w/d (withdrawal) and it sucks but holding at 4mg and stabilizing as SG and others and me as well stated when we spoke, IS the best, even tho you don't feel like it and are scared.............trust me we all know that feeling, that's why your here on BB.........and we will be there for you as well...

:smitten:

INP

SG, For some reason I'm getting emails that I have replies, but when I click on the link I can't find the reply. Somehow I found your reply luckily.  I think that you're right and not go back down. Not sure what you mean about the cut lagging behind.

The symptoms from a cut can lag behind by several days, even up to two weeks later.

Go to the far upper left of the screen and click on "Show new replies to your posts."  This is an easy way to see replies the every thread you ever posted on.  One of the best features to the forum.

:thumbsup:

The symptoms from a cut can lag behind by several days, even up to two weeks later.

Go to the far upper left of the screen and click on "Show new replies to your posts."  This is an easy way to see replies the every thread you ever posted on.  One of the best features to the forum.

And then click on the little orange "new" button to bring you up to where you left off. Took me months to figure that one out. Couldn't find a thing! ::)

And then click on the little orange "new" button to bring you up to where you left off. Took me months to figure that one out. Couldn't find a thing! ::)

Took me almost two years to find out about that... ;D

Hi Gard.

Anxietymom, I agree with SG and Gardener. Most likely it's the previous cuts. An updosed doesn't necessarily mean instant relief... I'd wait it out, too.

SG, Builder, Crash, anyone,

Recently discovered I'm an ultra rapid metabolizer of Valium. I've been having IDWD for years but didn't know what was happening. I was already dosing 3xs a day but on a very inconsistent basis.  Since receiving my genetic results I dose exactly 8 hours apart. I notice the IDWD about 5 hours after dosing, and it feels like I made a cut.

A cross-over to another benzo doesn't appeal to me for many reasons. So, unless I'm  missing something, I have two options: stick with 3xs a day dosing and try to start a daily taper...or throw in the towel, dose 4xs a day, adjust to that and then start a daily taper.

Any and all thoughts are much appreciated... I kinda feel like freak of nature at the moment.

Healing thoughts to all, Left.

Recently discovered I'm an ultra rapid metabolizer of Valium. I've been having IDWD for years but didn't know what was happening. I was already dosing 3xs a day but on a very inconsistent basis.  Since receiving my genetic results I dose exactly 8 hours apart. I notice the IDWD about 5 hours after dosing, and it feels like I made a cut.

A cross-over to another benzo doesn't appeal to me for many reasons. So, unless I'm  missing something, I have two options: stick with 3xs a day dosing and try to start a daily taper...or throw in the towel, dose 4xs a day, adjust to that and then start a daily taper.

Any and all thoughts are much appreciated... I kinda feel like freak of nature at the moment.

Hi...

Why would it be " throwing in the towel "? Many people dose more than three times a day. On Ativan I dosed 4 times a day. Some people I know dose more often than that.

There is nothing freakish about it, Left...  :smitten:

If this 3 times a day doesn't work for you, I would definitely try it. Why not? There is no shame in trying something different when 3 times a day isn't sufficient to make it tolerable for you.

Hoping you'll feel a bit better soon...

I agree with Moo.  If you are feeling it three hours ahead of the next dose, try 4x.  You may need to dose more than that...5 or 6x.

I dose klonopin four times a day because that is what I was told to do in a FB forum. I don't have interdose but I know people who dose four, five, six times a day. You can't help your genetics. I'm a slow metabolizer so I have tons of sedation snd brain fog I think as a result. Do what your brain and body needs-you're the expert there.

Took me almost two years to find out about that... ;D

Hi Gard.

Anxietymom, I agree with SG and Gardener. Most likely it's the previous cuts. An updosed doesn't necessarily mean instant relief... I'd wait it out, too.

Hi, Moo!!

I sympathize. I had the same testing and found out I was an ultra-fast metabolizer of V, also. I crossed to L instead. When I was on X, I dosed 6 times, including in the middle of the night. I'm dosing 3 times now on L but I'll switch to 4 if it gets any more rough.

Wonder if anybody has any suggestions of what times to do 4 doses to avoid interrupting sleep. Dividing them evenly gives only 6 hours between doses, right? Is it more important to space the doses evenly or more important to get more time in bed?

Gard

P.S. I read up on those variations of that particular gene that affects metabolism of V, and the variations are pretty common, especially among people of European descent. It's the drug companies, who kept this knowledge under their hats for so long, that are the freaks, not you!

I sympathize. I had the same testing and found out I was an ultra-fast metabolizer of V, also. I crossed to L instead. When I was on X, I dosed 6 times, including in the middle of the night. I'm dosing 3 times now on L but I'll switch to 4 if it gets any more rough.

Wonder if anybody has any suggestions of what times to do 4 doses to avoid interrupting sleep. Dividing them evenly gives only 6 hours between doses, right? Is it more important to space the doses evenly or more important to get more time in bed?

Gard

P.S. I read up on those variations of that particular gene that affects metabolism of V, and the variations are pretty common, especially among people of European descent. It's the drug companies, who kept this knowledge under their hats for so long, that are the freaks, not you!

Gard, I dose X 5 tid. 8am 12n 4pm 8pm 10pm. I sleep 10 hours most nights. I think alot of healing goes on while we are asleep.

Gard

Gard, I dose X 5 tid. 8am 12n 4pm 8pm 10pm. I sleep 10 hours most nights. I think alot of healing goes on while we are asleep.

Thanks, JR. Could you send a little bit of that extra sleep over to me??!  :laugh:

I have a serious sleep disorder, which was how all this benzo mess stated.

Do you feel stable dosing that way? I wake up early every morning shaking already, but I'm learning to live with it. Would hate to wake up even earlier, though. As you say, sleep is needed for healing.

Gard

Im scared of my own math after my simple mixup 2 weeks ago leading to neuron armageddon. Im about to do my first total dose swap instead of my daily swaps so this is a big deal for me...

If a .25 xanax pill weighs .129g and my dose is .017 mg, which is .031 mg, and my

Valium 2 mg pill weighs .170  g and my dose eqivalent should be .062 g - is that .021 mg?

If Im way off I need a good beating and if Im right it means all I have been doing all along was that anyway which makes things much easier. If Im wrong, Im cool as long as someone sets me straight.

Thank you!

It's a judgement call with sleep.  I agree with JR that more repair goes on during sleep and we need sleep for good health: it's important to sleep.  So it makes sense to stretch the dosing during those hours, if that is what is required.  To minimize this I'd dose upon awakening and also immediately before bed, then whatever doses are left I'd spread evenly between these two times.  But if the gap was too much or symptoms get too strong, I'd wake to dose.

Gard

Thanks, JR. Could you send a little bit of that extra sleep over to me??!  :laugh:

Do you feel stable dosing that way? I wake up early every morning shaking already, but I'm learning to live with it. Would hate to wake up even earlier, though. As you say, sleep is needed for healing.

Gard

Sleep coming your way Gard!!!

Im scared of my own math after my simple mixup 2 weeks ago leading to neuron armageddon. Im about to do my first total dose swap instead of my daily swaps so this is a big deal for me...

If a .25 xanax pill weighs .129g and my dose is .017 mg, which is .031 mg, and my

Valium 2 mg pill weighs .170  g and my dose eqivalent should be .062 g - is that .021 mg?

If Im way off I need a good beating and if Im right it means all I have been doing all along was that anyway which makes things much easier. If Im wrong, Im cool as long as someone sets me straight.

Thank you!

.25Xmg/.129g=1.93mg per g and .017g x 1.93 = .033mg

an equvilalent dose of valium would be .66mg

2mgV/.170g= 11.76mg per gram and a dose of .66mg /11.76 = .056g

I think this is right Kitty but chime in if I made an error SG57

Thank you!

.25Xmg/.129g=1.93mg per g and .017g x 1.93 = .033mg

an equvilalent dose of valium would be .66mg

2mgV/.170g= 11.76mg per gram and a dose of .66mg /11.76 = .056g

I think this is right Kitty but chime in if I made an error SG57

That was right on the screws, JR.  I get the same thing.

The key to keeping it straight for me is to follow the units.  If you keep them straight the rest falls into place.

Hi...

Why would it be " throwing in the towel "? Many people dose more than three times a day. On Ativan I dosed 4 times a day. Some people I know dose more often than that.

There is nothing freakish about it, Left...  :smitten:

If this 3 times a day doesn't work for you, I would definitely try it. Why not? There is no shame in trying something different when 3 times a day isn't sufficient to make it tolerable for you.

Hoping you'll feel a bit better soon...

Thank you Moo  :smitten: :smitten:

I agree with Moo.  If you are feeling it three hours ahead of the next dose, try 4x.  You may need to dose more than that...5 or 6x.

Thanks SG for echoing Moodle's advice. Should I switch to 4xs a day at once and get it over with... since I metabolize it so fast anyway? Thanks for all the help.

Thanks, JR. Could you send a little bit of that extra sleep over to me??! 

Gard

Sleep coming your way Gard!!!

Thanks, I'll hold you to that!    If my benzo brain remembers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Au...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Li...]
    • [El...]
    • [Ko...]
    • [Da...]