Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Until I can get everything figured out with maybe crossing over to valium, I am going to switch to PG in my LT, do I change all five of my doses at once, or just one dose at a time, like one a day maybe?  I know they are different, alcohol is a solution and PG is a suspension, will my body see this as different?  I'm so sensitive to changes, but tried one dose of PG last night and it sat better in my stomach than the alcohol mixture.

Nope, PG is a very effective solvent, and makes a true, uniformly distributed solution.

Until I can get everything figured out with maybe crossing over to valium, I am going to switch to PG in my LT, do I change all five of my doses at once, or just one dose at a time, like one a day maybe?  I know they are different, alcohol is a solution and PG is a suspension, will my body see this as different?  I'm so sensitive to changes, but tried one dose of PG last night and it sat better in my stomach than the alcohol mixture.

If you are talking about switching from alcohol to PG, just do it.  The liquid will be the same.

Thanks Stella--I've heard from several people in the Long Hold support group and on a thread started by nova1 that they didn't stabilize until 2-3 months. Some say 4-5. I've never held that long so hoping it will work this time. I'm smazed at the number of people who say not only did they stabilize but were subsequently able to taper slowly but smoothly

I've been holding for 2 months (I think) and still not stable. Still holding. Hope everyone is right about eventually pulling out of this and being able to re-start my MT. Slowly and smoothly would be pure heaven.

I'm right there with ya, Gard. Hang in there!!

Jeff

[6a...]

cheers, what is that prescribed for. I have had loads of infections. Ingrown toenails, bronchitis, water infection. The water infection went with raw apple cider vinegar and plenty of fluids, hopefully the bronchitis is on its way out with turmeric and ACV and as for the toenails they dont hurt that much, and I always have the beloved salt water if tooth abscesses appear as ive had a few of them. I must attract infections somehow.

Unfortunately, quinolones are prescribed for a wide variety of infections, but probably most commonly for UTIs.

I have a uti tht keeps coiming back, but ACV apple cider vinegar is the best thing I found, I just have to use it more often.

Thanks Stella--I've heard from several people in the Long Hold support group and on a thread started by nova1 that they didn't stabilize until 2-3 months. Some say 4-5. I've never held that long so hoping it will work this time. I'm smazed at the number of people who say not only did they stabilize but were subsequently able to taper slowly but smoothly

I've been holding for 2 months (I think) and still not stable. Still holding. Hope everyone is right about eventually pulling out of this and being able to re-start my MT. Slowly and smoothly would be pure heaven.

I'm right there with ya, Gard. Hang in there!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Good to see you. Yes, I still scroll through this thread just to see the familiar names and avatars. Just not up to posting anything particularly helpful. :(

Hey guys. When I reached 2mg valium I swapped from the cut and hold method to the daily liquid taper. I tapered 0.05mg a night. So it only took me 20 days to get down to 1mg from 2mg. I had pretty rough symptoms during that period, obsessive thoughts that were stuck in my head, and when I reached 1mg I held but still had trouble stabilising. I ended up going back to 1.5mg per night. Do you think that was too quick for my body? It wasn't as bad as the cut and hold method I was doing, not quite as harsh. But the bad thoughts were still there.

Hey guys. When I reached 2mg valium I swapped from the cut and hold method to the daily liquid taper. I tapered 0.05mg a night. So it only took me 20 days to get down to 1mg from 2mg. I had pretty rough symptoms during that period, obsessive thoughts that were stuck in my head, and when I reached 1mg I held but still had trouble stabilising. I ended up going back to 1.5mg per night. Do you think that was too quick for my body? It wasn't as bad as the cut and hold method I was doing, not quite as harsh. But the bad thoughts were still there.

2 mg to 1 mg in 20 days is a 50% cut. that would do most folks in!!!! Just saying. I made an error in judgement 5 weeks ago and took a 25% cut. It cost me dearly!!! I updosed and held for a month before starting a LT with daily cuts of .01ml.

Hello,

I was advised to come to this support group by a buddy for help setting up a micro-taper for my Diazepam.

I am currently at 1.5mg and holding, praying to stabalise. I have got here from cut and hold method using 2mg pills.

I have liquid Diazepam solution 2mg/5ml - how exactly do I go about setting up my micro-taper?

My withdrawals so far have been unbearable so I'd like to go quite slow from here - Maybe aim to reduce 10% every 3 weeks and see how it goes...

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

Hello,

I was advised to come to this support group by a buddy for help setting up a micro-taper for my Diazepam.

I am currently at 1.5mg and holding, praying to stabalise. I have got here from cut and hold method using 2mg pills.

I have liquid Diazepam solution 2mg/5ml - how exactly do I go about setting up my micro-taper?

My withdrawals so far have been unbearable so I'd like to go quite slow from here - Maybe aim to reduce 10% every 3 weeks and see how it goes...

You would be better off diluting the liquid so you can make smaller cuts.  Get a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and a few good-sealing jars.  That's about it.

SG in answer to Razor's question I don't understand how he would then do his cuts. I am trying to learn this - thanks. 

You would be better off diluting the liquid so you can make smaller cuts.  Get a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and a few good-sealing jars.  That's about it.

Thanks for your reply. What should I use to dilute the liquid and how should it be stored? I'm really very new to this so sorry if I'm asking questions that are obvious to other people.

SG in answer to Razor's question I don't understand how he would then do his cuts. I am trying to learn this - thanks.

2mg/5ml means each ml would contain .4mg V.  A 1ml syringe can go down to ~.05ml accurately, which is .02mg.  That is probably too big for the end of a taper.  If he diluted to .1mg/ml he could go as low as .005mg, which is enough I think.

Thanks for your reply. What should I use to dilute the liquid and how should it be stored? I'm really very new to this so sorry if I'm asking questions that are obvious to other people.

That depends on the liquid used.  What is the product name and brand?

Actavis Diazepam Oral Solution 2mg/5ml

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/23964

6.1 List of excipients

Also contains: docusate sodium, magnesium aluminium silicate, propylene glycol, raspberry flavour, saccharin sodium, percol erythrosine (E127), sorbic acid (E200), propyl hydroxybenzoate (E216), methyl hydroxybenzoate (E218), sorbital (E420), glycerol (E422).

6.2 Incompatibilities

None known.

6.3 Shelf life

18 months from the date of manufacture.

6.4 Special precautions for storage

Do not store above 25°C. Keep container in the outer carton and keep the container tightly closed.

6.5 Nature and contents of container

The product containers are amber glass bottles with plastic screw caps contained in a carton.

Pack sizes: 50ml, 100ml, 150ml, 200ml, 300ml, 400ml, 500ml, 1000ml, 5000ml

6.6 Special precautions for disposal and other handling

Not applicable.

Out of that list of ingredients I'm gonna say propylene glycol is the only solvent.  You can likely dilute with water, just as with Roxane Oral Solution.

[6a...]

Much too quick. Hope you feel better soon. Good idea going back up and slower.

[6a...]

Hello,

You can dilute some liquids to make them suitable for the small cuts a micro taper would handle.

You'd need to get back up to a dose where you can function, not 100%, find a cut that suits you and the remaining sx will be tapered away gradually.

Find a small cut, then if you feel good, after two to three weeks, increase it and so on. Decrease if sx reappear, quicker in the long run and much less painless.

Hi Razor, IM using the same brand and i only mix it with water, i've been doing it for nearly 3 mos. and it's fine. actavis diazepam oral solution 2mg/5ml.  Diz-Pam, Builder and SG help me when I just started.

regards, mcm

I need help. I've been trying to taper off 4 mgs of Klonopin for a month, but have been feeling worse. Yesterday I got some liquid Klonopin from my pharmacy but I need to stabilize. I went back up to the 4 mgs but feel worse than ever and I'm terrified. I don't want to go in the hospital, especially since they'll pump me full of benzo's. another member told me that Builder or SG57 might be able to help me. Please, I'm so scared.

I need help. I've been trying to taper off 4 mgs of Klonopin for a month, but have been feeling worse. Yesterday I got some liquid Klonopin from my pharmacy but I need to stabilize. I went back up to the 4 mgs but feel worse than ever and I'm terrified. I don't want to go in the hospital, especially since they'll pump me full of benzo's. another member told me that Builder or SG57 might be able to help me. Please, I'm so scared.

What's going on?

Hang in there. I think most of us have been where you are and we've gotten through it. You are right about the hospital. Home is far, far better if you can manage it.

Stabilizing after too big a cut can take awhile, but you will feel better. Just try to focus on getting through this one minute or this one hour or whatever your mind can hang onto while this passes. And remind yourself that these are feelings caused by drugs, not real threats and feelings can't really hurt you. "It's just an emotion; it can't hurt me," is something I have repeated over and over.

One of the MT gurus can help you with how to get yourself back on track. Give them some more specific details. I am just a struggling person, like you. But know you are not alone.

Gard :smitten:

Hi Razor, IM using the same brand and i only mix it with water, i've been doing it for nearly 3 mos. and it's fine. actavis diazepam oral solution 2mg/5ml.  Diz-Pam, Builder and SG help me when I just started.

regards, mcm

Thank-you, that's good to know.

What concentration did you mix? 1ml water per 1ml solution or something different?

How easy have you found the micro-taper?

If you went back to 4mg yesterday, you have not had time to feel the improvement . It may take a week or more. I would not do any cuts until I stabilized. You will start to feel better. A Liquid taper with micro cuts every day is the easiest way off these drugs. SG or Builder or Crash can help set it up when you get ready to cut.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ke...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Ct...]