Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

jr I am totally right handed and most of my symptoms are left sided..so not sure if that means i am just backwards or what...

Fun fact I learned during my MRI scan: your left hand side of your brain controls your right hand side of your body and vice versa. So when I had seizures caused by the scar tissue on the right side of my brain, the left hand side of my body would become temporarily paralysed.

Not sure if this is relevant to your symptoms but brains and bodies seem to work symmetrically (however you spell that word...)

jr I am totally right handed and most of my symptoms are left sided..so not sure if that means i am just backwards or what...

Fun fact I learned during my MRI scan: your left hand side of your brain controls your right hand side of your body and vice versa. So when I had seizures caused by the scar tissue on the right side of my brain, the left hand side of my body would become temporarily paralysed.

Not sure if this is relevant to your symptoms but brains and bodies seem to work symmetrically (however you spell that word...)

Una Corbett from bataid.org in UK talked about this with me not too long ago. but the head symptoms i have on the left side of my brain definitely feel like they are coming from the left side of my brain and i even have "brain lines" on the left side of my face as a result - where as the right side of my face looks more normal and even younger looking. i can't figure this one out.

Down to 4mg from 30mg valium!! Still got months and months to go but I'm trying to celebrate the small achievements. And trying to not be terrified of the scary stories about how hard it is when you reach 2mg and under...

Thank you to benzo buddies again for teaching me to micro taper because I honestly think I would have not gotten this far yet with dry cuts since I was really struggling with such big sudden reductions.

I still feel slightly naughty for lying to my doctor and pharmacist about how low I am dosing (they're prescribing me 5mg daily as of today) BUT they're also not budging on their policy of reducing half a mg every four weeks no matter what... right down to the last half a mg... and I don't feel safe doing such big reductions when I get to those low doses under 3mg, that's way more than the recommended 10% reduction isn't it?

So...I'm being really "bad" and stockpiling whatever is left in the bottle each week so I can go super super slow if needed when I get to those lower doses. Because micro tapering is working so well for me. Still feeling the yucky symptoms here and there and they're bad but bearable, and I'm functional enough most days which is more than I can say for before when I was doing overnight reductions of 1/4 to 1/2 a tablet.

And also thanks to advice on benzo buddies I chose not to take the antidepressants or sleeping pills that a psychiatrist wanted to offer me "to help with the taper". I really don't want another drug to taper off. One is hard enough.

:thumbsup:

Down to 4mg from 30mg valium!! Still got months and months to go but I'm trying to celebrate the small achievements. And trying to not be terrified of the scary stories about how hard it is when you reach 2mg and under...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1)  From 30 down to 4 is a HUGE achievement!

2) I was excited when I successfully got from 9 down to 8.75. :)

3)  Once I go below 3 mg, I had zero problems.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1)  From 30 down to 4 is a HUGE achievement!

2) I was excited when I successfully got from 9 down to 8.75. :)

3)  Once I go below 3 mg, I had zero problems.

Thanks builder and SG57, this is just like the poem on You Tube about getting through the benzo withdrawl minefield with the help of total strangers whose real names you may never know.

Who can relate to this funny poem:

The lower doses are not scary when you microtaper.

With my last taper, the lower doses were painless.

Thank you... that's encouraging. Ok, fingers crossed, that would be awesome  :thumbsup:

SG,

Doing my daily dry cut micro taper of .003  off daily dose as you suggested thanks, I have 5 days till im down to 1mg A 2x a day (2mgA total)

I have now, vodka, 1ml and a 10ml syringe and 12 mason jars

ps, can and look over the PM I sent you  :thumbsup:

OK hands hurt so much I cannot type anymore, yikes......

thanks everyone for being there for me.......it means so much, you too CP :smitten:

:) Without finding BB, and getting all of your support BB Buds, I would probably of aced myself already, and not known what benzos were or did...doc never told me, just kept pushing down my throat for PTSD

INP

Wow, this is an active forum! I got behind already, but just wanted to say THANKS for the replies, info and encouragement you shared in response to my last post. I'm 4 days into non-titrated dry pill dosing WHILE HOLDING and everything seems fine. So nice to have a little break from the tools of the titrated taper for two whole months...then back to the journey!

Can someone help me with a simple math issue? Simple for everyone but me that is. Im trying to integrate some of my doses and I need to change from a 2 mg to a 5 mg pill. I need to double check myself on this part- I have been taking .22g of a .170 g 2 mg diaz pill. How much is that in mg?

It looks so easy but I screwed it up doing a switch by myself last week. Trying to walk while I still need crutches....many thanks and accept my humble apologies for being a dunce!

OOPS yep its .022. Cant imagine how many times I have messed this up and I know how big a deal it is :/

You guys were kind enough to answer a question of mine a couple weeks ago.  I've been holding 5 weeks hoping to stabilize.  Notice slight improvements this last week which is encouraging, but now I've got this chest pressure/congestion that I have had for 2 weeks the two other times I've held this long.  I guess that's just my pattern.  Definitely non-linear in a hold as well.

Question is--how long do you hold?  I've heard great stories in the Long Hold support group of people becoming at least 80% stable and able to taper fairly smoothly from there with a microtaper.  Right now I'm about 60% on my best day.  Seems from many people's posts that 2-3 months got most of them stable.  Is that reasonable/realistic?  Or do you just keep holding until you can function at a certain level?  Is there a point where there is diminishing returns?  I know you're going by anecdotal reports of people on here and nothing has been set in stone.  But it's Been so long since I felt functional that I don't know what to expect and don't want to screw this up any more than I already have.

Thanks!

Liza G.

Thanks

Can someone help me with a simple math issue? Simple for everyone but me that is. Im trying to integrate some of my doses and I need to change from a 2 mg to a 5 mg pill. I need to double check myself on this part- I have been taking .22g of a .170 g 2 mg diaz pill. How much is that in mg?

It looks so easy but I screwed it up doing a switch by myself last week. Trying to walk while I still need crutches....many thanks and accept my humble apologies for being a dunce!

2mg/.170g= 11.76mg/g and .22 x 11.76=2.59mg

someone double check me on that. but I believe that is right

I get the same thing except I think she meant the pill weighs .022g so the decimal place moves to .259mg.

I get the same thing except I think she meant the pill weighs .022g so the decimal place moves to .259mg.

ok. Hope that helps you Kitty.

You guys were kind enough to answer a question of mine a couple weeks ago.  I've been holding 5 weeks hoping to stabilize.  Notice slight improvements this last week which is encouraging, but now I've got this chest pressure/congestion that I have had for 2 weeks the two other times I've held this long.  I guess that's just my pattern.  Definitely non-linear in a hold as well.

Question is--how long do you hold?  I've heard great stories in the Long Hold support group of people becoming at least 80% stable and able to taper fairly smoothly from there with a microtaper.  Right now I'm about 60% on my best day.  Seems from many people's posts that 2-3 months got most of them stable.  Is that reasonable/realistic?  Or do you just keep holding until you can function at a certain level?  Is there a point where there is diminishing returns?  I know you're going by anecdotal reports of people on here and nothing has been set in stone.  But it's Been so long since I felt functional that I don't know what to expect and don't want to screw this up any more than I already have.

Thanks!

Liza G.

Thanks

It's really up to you and how you feel.  You can count on the fact that your body is always working to set things right so the time is not going to waste.  Holding is good and you can keep doing that as long as needed.  If you began a microtaper the key is to not allow symptom increase.  As long as they are not increasing (or better, that they are decreasing as you go) I think it is okay to taper.  Always work to diminish existing symptoms, never let them rise higher.

Thanks!

Liza G.

Thanks

It's really up to you and how you feel.  You can count on the fact that your body is always working to set things right so the time is not going to waste.  Holding is good and you can keep doing that as long as needed.  If you began a microtaper the key is to not allow symptom increase.  As long as they are not increasing (or better, that they are decreasing as you go) I think it is okay to taper.  Always work to diminish existing symptoms, never let them rise higher.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I think you must mean ".022g of a .170g 2mg diaz pill"

That would be about .26mg of actual diazepam.

I always mess up. Thats it. THANK YOU- last week I messed myself up and spent days paying for it. Trying to move day doses to night and changing pills on my own was a bad idea but I feel so stupid asking such simple questions yet again. Thanks so much!!!

Thanks. I still have major disorientation and DR and cog fog and visual disturbances so I guess I will keep holding.

I always mess up. Thats it. THANK YOU- last week I messed myself up and spent days paying for it. Trying to move day doses to night and changing pills on my own was a bad idea but I feel so stupid asking such simple questions yet again. Thanks so much!!!

We are all in this together. no question is dumb. You ask any thing you want anytime. I aint the brightest light bulb on here but I got folks making sure I dont mess up. I am learning as I go. Thanks to SG57, Builder and crash!!!

I look forward to the day all I have to do is microtaper down off this stuff- I hope by then my brain works enough to at least subtract properly. But if not, hopefully I wont need to pester yall too often. Thanks again! ❤️

I look forward to the day all I have to do is microtaper down off this stuff- I hope by then my brain works enough to at least subtract properly. But if not, hopefully I wont need to pester yall too often. Thanks again! ❤️

Happy to be "pestered", it's a good distraction for my nerves :) And we can help you with the math so you don't need to think about it

We are all in this together. no question is dumb.

:thumbsup:

Lisagal, I am with you....I changed to LT over a month ago and held for a month and started tapering .001 every three days, and I am in the weeds again!!  I am going to have to hold for awhile again....frustrating!!  I don't improve a lot during a hold it seems like,but have never held longer than a month..feel like I am going to be tapering for years...but this isn't working either... so here I go, holding again...hard to do on Ativan, with the interdose stuff going on too, hard to know if I am improving or not...Hang in there!!!  Stella

Thanks Stella--I've heard from several people in the Long Hold support group and on a thread started by nova1 that they didn't stabilize until 2-3 months. Some say 4-5. I've never held that long so hoping it will work this time. I'm smazed at the number of people who say not only did they stabilize but were subsequently able to taper slowly but smoothly

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ro...]
    • [Su...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Os...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Le...]
    • [je...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ho...]
    • [Ni...]