Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Please can anyone answer me this question?

If I take 18.34 mls every 8 hours from a milk-valium mixture with a concentration of 60mg per 300ml, pls can anyone tell me how many mls I would need for 18.34mgs and the formula to work it out please.

I would really appreciate that, thanks

60mg/300ml=.2mg/ml V===> Each ml is .2mg.  To get 18.34mg you take 91.7ml.

SG I dont touch any other meds not even a tylenol for a headache..i am terrified of meds..and i have never drank..so that couldnt be it..

as for food i have tried nothing new..

so i am at a loss and dont know how to pull out or what to get that has no milk or milk protein in it to drink to try and pull out food wise..i have searched and cant find anything..

deep

Hmmm...I don't know what else to say other than keep holding, or updose if it is unbearable.  If you were good for a five day stretch that's encouraging, but why would you lose that just by holding?  And you took a rescue dose too.  Has your pill brand or batch changed?

i cant just keep updosing..and yes i took my 4:30 dose this morning another dose at 8:15 and then my regular dose at 10:30 this morning then i take another dose at 4:30 and then one at 10:30..

no change in brand and not sure about the batch..but the weights are crazy this time..from .160 to .183..and not many around the .172 which is usually my average..and with my cut being .83 some of the pills dont even weigh enough to cut in half and use to get the 2 doses and if i took both or added more from my bottle of crumbs then i would be over 2mgs a day and where i am at now is 1.93 ..so not sure if thats affecting me or not???

I do have a bottle of 2mgs but they say to discard after 3/23/16 so they are past the date but they are the ones i had when you changed me down to the 1mgs tabs thats how long its been..and not sure my docs would write me scripts for 2mgs anymore and would hate to change and then them tell me no when i go back to see them this month..

thanks

deep

Thanks SG,

im game with trying the Liquid method.......... :thumbsup:

im all ears (eyes).............you tell me what you want me to get, and I will get it, once i get down to 2mgA, lets go for it:

here's what I have thus far (below) as I was a pondering it before awhile ago, and since my scale blows inaccurate, you let me know what I need yto get to start and I will do whatever it takes to get it:

I have on hand in closet not opened yet:

(a) 1 ML TB slip-tip disposable syringe MVI 100/bx (without needle)

:thumbsup:

INP

:smitten:

Ativan has several choices: prescription liquid, PG/water, alcohol/water.

You need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and a few good sealing jars.

SG thanks so dang much

OK cool beans, im on Amazon now, what size mason ball jars do I need and how many do I need, I will get them today

:smitten: INP

Thanks SG,

im all ears (eyes).............you tell me what you want me to get, and I will get it, once i get down to 2mgA, lets go for it:

here's what I have thus far (below) as I was a pondering it before awhile ago, and since my scale blows inaccurate, you let me know what I need yto get to start and I will do whatever it takes to get it:

INP

SG thanks so dang much

OK cool beans, im on Amazon now, what size mason ball jars do I need and how many do I need, I will get them today

You need as many jars as you have doses.  With Ativan you may need to dose a lot...4, 5, 6 a day.  For size, IDK.  It depends on how much of your dose you liquify.

i can get 8 oz ones, a 12 pack cheaper too:

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Canning-Regular-Mouth-12-Count/dp/B00HNPNNLS?ie=UTF8&keywords=mason%20ball%20jars%208%20oz&qid=1459716440&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

this would prob be better?

INP you say the word, ill get them............ :) :) :) :) :)

It's hard to know as you don't really know how much liquid yet.  8oz is 240ml...that may be enough...or not quite enough.

i can get 8 oz ones, a 12 pack cheaper too:

http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Canning-Regular-Mouth-12-Count/dp/B00HNPNNLS?ie=UTF8&keywords=mason%20ball%20jars%208%20oz&qid=1459716440&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

this would prob be better?

INP you say the word, ill get them............ :) :) :) :) :)

It's hard to know as you don't really know how much liquid yet.  8oz is 240ml...that may be enough...or not quite enough.

SG, no prob, ill get the bigger ones now, thanks so much, better safe then sorry

one more question...if I add more water, do I add it to the five individual doses after being measured out of the 100ml liquid? (the whole days dose, before being measured out I mean)?  Thanks!

i cant just keep updosing..and yes i took my 4:30 dose this morning another dose at 8:15 and then my regular dose at 10:30 this morning then i take another dose at 4:30 and then one at 10:30..

no change in brand and not sure about the batch..but the weights are crazy this time..from .160 to .183..and not many around the .172 which is usually my average..and with my cut being .83 some of the pills dont even weigh enough to cut in half and use to get the 2 doses and if i took both or added more from my bottle of crumbs then i would be over 2mgs a day and where i am at now is 1.93 ..so not sure if thats affecting me or not???

I do have a bottle of 2mgs but they say to discard after 3/23/16 so they are past the date but they are the ones i had when you changed me down to the 1mgs tabs thats how long its been..and not sure my docs would write me scripts for 2mgs anymore and would hate to change and then them tell me no when i go back to see them this month..

thanks

deep

Your pill weights swing 7% either side of the average.  But you dose by weight so this should not matter.  And I'd have to believe that this averages out anyway.

Thanks SG,

INP

SG thanks so dang much

You need as many jars as you have doses.  With Ativan you may need to dose a lot...4, 5, 6 a day.  For size, IDK.  It depends on how much of your dose you liquify.

SG,

you mean I don't just dose as usual in the am and noon like I have been for Ativan? I have to dose more? interesting, that i did and don't understand, can you explain, sorry for your time, i don't mean to ask so many times

INP

thanks

deep

Your pill weights swing 7% either side of the average.  But you dose by weight so this should not matter.  And I'd have to believe that this averages out anyway.

i cant thank enough for your time trying to help me out..not sure what to do at this point except wait and see what tomorrow brings..the thing i guess that scared me the worse was just being blurry eyed in one eye and not both like usual..i know most talk about blurry vision or looking through a fish bowl but not just one eye being really off..and of course with the health anxiety i have so bad i go straight to impending stroke or seizure..and its been like that since last night and its no better..

thanks again for all you do not only for me but for everyone here

deep

one more question...if I add more water, do I add it to the five individual doses after being measured out of the 100ml liquid? (the whole days dose, before being measured out I mean)?  Thanks!

Once a dose is measured and ready to take you can add to it or flavor it all you want: the dose is measured.  If you need more measuring/cutting accuracy you'd use more prior to cutting or measuring.

SG,

you mean I don't just dose as usual in the am and noon like I have been for Ativan? I have to dose more? interesting, that i did and don't understand, can you explain, sorry for your time, i don't mean to ask so many times

INP

I just mean ativan is short acting and you may benefit from more doses.  IDK if you have tried that yet, or if you want to.

Thanks SG,

INP

SG thanks so dang much

i saw Crash Bandicoots LT blog, is it not like his?

i cant thank enough for your time trying to help me out..not sure what to do at this point except wait and see what tomorrow brings..the thing i guess that scared me the worse was just being blurry eyed in one eye and not both like usual..i know most talk about blurry vision or looking through a fish bowl but not just one eye being really off..and of course with the health anxiety i have so bad i go straight to impending stroke or seizure..and its been like that since last night and its no better..

deep

My symptoms used to favor the left side of my body.  Very evident.  Always the left.  Symptoms change over time.  I would not stress over it.

deep

My symptoms used to favor the left side of my body.  Very evident.  Always the left.  Symptoms change over time.  I would not stress over it.

My symptoms favor my right side. are you left handed?

Yes and no.  I write and eat with my left hand, but with sports and everything else I'm a righty.  What does that make me?  I always answer that I'm a lefty since writing is considered the main criteria.

Yes and no.  I write and eat with my left hand, but with sports and everything else I'm a righty.  What does that make me?  I always answer that I'm a lefty since writing is considered the main criteria.

well, I am right handed so it seems symptoms follow the side you favor. dont know if this means anything but it seems fitting.

jr I am totally right handed and most of my symptoms are left sided..so not sure if that means i am just backwards or what...

Down to 4mg from 30mg valium!! Still got months and months to go but I'm trying to celebrate the small achievements. And trying to not be terrified of the scary stories about how hard it is when you reach 2mg and under...

Thank you to benzo buddies again for teaching me to micro taper because I honestly think I would have not gotten this far yet with dry cuts since I was really struggling with such big sudden reductions.

I still feel slightly naughty for lying to my doctor and pharmacist about how low I am dosing (they're prescribing me 5mg daily as of today) BUT they're also not budging on their policy of reducing half a mg every four weeks no matter what... right down to the last half a mg... and I don't feel safe doing such big reductions when I get to those low doses under 3mg, that's way more than the recommended 10% reduction isn't it?

So...I'm being really "bad" and stockpiling whatever is left in the bottle each week so I can go super super slow if needed when I get to those lower doses. Because micro tapering is working so well for me. Still feeling the yucky symptoms here and there and they're bad but bearable, and I'm functional enough most days which is more than I can say for before when I was doing overnight reductions of 1/4 to 1/2 a tablet.

And also thanks to advice on benzo buddies I chose not to take the antidepressants or sleeping pills that a psychiatrist wanted to offer me "to help with the taper". I really don't want another drug to taper off. One is hard enough.

Also, I have recently read that the tablets containing valerian root, hops, chamomile, skullcap, passionflower and ziziphus that I've been taking every night for sleep are really bad and should be avoided because they contribute to down regulation of gaba receptors which are trying to heal. Yikes... they were my safety net. But now I've switched to cherry tablets. And I just take the passionflower/skullcap homeopathic drops on a really bad day when I'm losing the plot. Any thoughts?

And secondly, does anyone get really bad reflux at night as part of benzo withdrawl?

Thanks for your help answering these questions :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ba...]
    • [Sl...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Li...]
    • [El...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Re...]
    • [...]
    • [Gi...]