Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi SG57,

Thanks so much for the reply, OK, well. i dose like this, because the shrink i had prior had me on 6 / 1mg pills daily of Ativan and 2 / 1mg pills of K a night, IDK why he did it, but he flipping WAY over medicated me......i no longer see him using GP now to refill........

i calibrated and tared scale:

All pills are 1mg

Klonipan:

i just weighed 10 /1 mg pills and the weight total in scale cup was 1671 so I divided by 10 and got a approx weight of each K pill as .167

Ativan:

i just weighed 10 /1mg A pills in scale cup and the weight total was 1337 so I divided by 10 and got a approx weight of each A pill as .133

However: I took 1mg single pill of A and weighed it and it was .132? am I weighing them right?

Thanks in advance, or is there another you want me to get the approx weight of a single pill...sorry im kinda cog fogged this am

:smitten:

INP

Hi SG57,

Thanks so much for the reply, OK, well. i dose like this, because the shrink i had prior had me on 6 / 1mg pills daily of Ativan and 2 / 1mg pills of K a night, IDK why he did it, but he flipping WAY over medicated me......i no longer see him using GP now to refill........

All pills are 1mg

Klonipan:

i just weighed 10 /1 mg pills and the weight total in scale cup was 1671 so I divided by 10 and got a approx weight of each K pill as .167

Ativan:

i just weighed 10 /1mg A pills in scale cup and the weight total was 1337 so I divided by 10 and got a approx weight of each A pill as .133

However: I took 1mg single pill of A and weighed it and it was .132? am I weighing them right?

Thanks in advance, or is there another you want me to get the approx weight of a single pill...sorry im kinda cog fogged this am

INP

K=5.99mg/g; A=7.46mg/g

I'd get rid of the A first.  It might help to adjust your doses and times, but that can wait.  Work on the .2mg A first.  If you go on an 8% a month taper you'd remove .003g (.0224mg) of ativan per day.

Hi SG,

OK thanks, I think im understanding it better cant thank everyone enuff here on the boards, love the support and help....

after today each day will be less .003, does this look right to you below?

today 4/3 morning 1mg A + .0236g A / noonish 1mgA

4/4 morning 1mg A + .021g A / noonish 1mgA

4/5 morning 1mg A + .018 A / noonish 1mgA

4/6 morning 1mg A + .015 A / noonish 1mgA

4/7 morning 1mg A + .012 A / noonish 1mgA

4/8 morning 1mg A + .009 A / noonish 1mgA

4/9 morning 1mg A + .006 A / noonish 1mgA

4/10 morning 1mg A + .003 A / noonish 1mgA

then I will be to 2mg A daily, than how do I go from there.............?

Hi SG57,

All pills are 1mg

Klonipan:

Ativan:

INP

K=5.99mg/g; A=7.46mg/g

I'd get rid of the A first.  It might help to adjust your doses and times, but that can wait.  Work on the .2mg A first.  If you go on an 8% a month taper you'd remove .003g (.0224mg) of Ativan per day.

SG, quick question, how long do you think this to get off the A doing it this way, monthly 8% with a .003 cut daily from 2mg Ativan.........just so in my head I know what to expect time wise im mentally fried, my BB friend...........

INP

Hello everyone..& Hi  Julz :smitten:!!

Good advice here this morning  :)... And yes, jinko...amazing how potent these drugs are - Klonopin and Ativan in particular...

ineedpeace, very good advice by SG to taper A first and leave the K for later as now it is undoubtedly helping you sleep. (and yes...lol...my grand daughter began calling me "Mana" once she could talk..and it has stuck...makes me smile every time I read it as I think of her  :smitten:)

Hard to believe a doctor would prescribe both meds to be taken on a daily basis...but they do and yes, we are left to pick up the pieces when we want to get off....sigh.. 

SG will get back to you but he will likely say that it's best not to project into the future (not easy!!!!) and try and go by how you feel with the goal of feeling well rather than getting to zero at any given date.  But wait to hear from him...

Julz, you have done amazingly well!  Good job  :thumbsup:  I didn't know you were doing a MT but it looks like it is really working for you.  Wonderful.  Yes, I'm still here... but making headway...to .39 this coming week and on it goes....SG wants to make things easier for me with a MT  ;) but change is hard!!!  Am sure once I got used to it, MT would be easier on my CNS... but I'm doing OK...taking it slow.  I too held for 4 months last spring/summer.  This year am putting myself and the taper first and working very hard to complete the hardest project I've ever had to do.

Mana  :smitten:

Hi SG,

OK thanks, I think im understanding it better cant thank everyone enuff here on the boards, love the support and help....

Looks good.  What I would do from there is straighten my dosing out and get rid of the A.  Save the K for last.

Hi SG,

Looks good.  What I would do from there is straighten my dosing out and get rid of the A.  Save the K for last.

thanks SG, My Mana and everyone,

for your help and support.

SG, when I get down to 2mgA should I alternate the .003 off each daily 1mg dose, ex, .003 off the AM dose one day and then .003 off the noonish dose the next day?

K=5.99mg/g; A=7.46mg/g

I'd get rid of the A first.  It might help to adjust your doses and times, but that can wait.  Work on the .2mg A first.  If you go on an 8% a month taper you'd remove .003g (.0224mg) of Ativan per day.

SG, quick question, how long do you think this to get off the A doing it this way, monthly 8% with a .003 cut daily from 2mg Ativan.........just so in my head I know what to expect time wise im mentally fried, my BB friend...........

INP

8% a month is just a starting point.  You are on a dose equivalent to 82mg V.  To get rid of the A and be on just 2mg K is usually doable in 6-12 months I'd say...some faster, some slower.  Your high dose lets you move more quickly.

thanks SG, My Mana and everyone,

for your help and support.

SG, when I get down to 2mgA should I alternate the .003 off each daily 1mg dose, ex, .003 off the AM dose one day and then .003 off the noonish dose the next day?

That would work okay.  That's the idea.  A better way would be to take some off each dose each day, but the difference is minor.

Thanks for your replies Builder and SG, I think I will stick with what I am doing, but maybe add some more water...if I am using 1mg Ativan, 1ml vodka and 99 ml water, how much more water can I use and still be accurate?  Thanks again, you guys are awesome!  And SG, I will try more ginger, I do drink a cup of tea a day, but will add more, probably the nausea is just withdrawal and I'm going through a "phase" right now.....Stella

K=5.99mg/g; A=7.46mg/g

INP

8% a month is just a starting point.  You are on a dose equivalent to 82mg V.  To get rid of the A and be on just 2mg K is usually doable in 6-12 months I'd say...some faster, some slower.  Your high dose lets you move more quickly.

SG,

thanks for the reply, OK... 8% is only a starting point, i did not know, thanks, so, when would I change the cut, like when will i know to adjust it?

:)6 months sounds nice, 12 months sounds poopy :idiot:....ugh.......i hate these damn drugs, there like a ball and chain..........

thanks in advance for your kind reply

INP

SG,

thanks for the reply, OK... 8% is only a starting point, i did not know, thanks, so, when would I change the cut, like when will i know to adjust it?

:)6 months sounds nice, 12 months sounds poopy :idiot:....ugh.......i hate these damn drugs, there like a ball and chain..........

INP

Test the cut for at least two weeks.  Then you will be in a position to judge what to do next.

Thanks for your replies Builder and SG, I think I will stick with what I am doing, but maybe add some more water...if I am using 1mg Ativan, 1ml vodka and 99 ml water, how much more water can I use and still be accurate?  Thanks again, you guys are awesome!  And SG, I will try more ginger, I do drink a cup of tea a day, but will add more, probably the nausea is just withdrawal and I'm going through a "phase" right now.....Stella

2ml vodka per 1mg A.  You can use as much water as you want - no max.

SG,

INP

Test the cut for at least two weeks.  Then you will be in a position to judge what to do next.

OK cool SG, however, my scale I have to keep re calibrating over and over till it gets to PASS of 20000 then i take the weights off and then add cup and tare (is that right) I want to be close spot on, sometimes it goes lower than 20000, is this bad? I have a gemini 20, but its a pickle I wonder if they are all like that, Q? should I think about LT to be better accurate, just a thought I would put out there...

INP

SG....I went to 1 ml vodka, cause of the taste, will 1 ml not work to dissolve the Ativan?  Sorry, I thought someone told me I could just use 1 ml.....just want to get it straight.  :thumbsup:

SGi havent been around to sick to even post

I am at my wits end..got chocked on  lettuce last thursday night so here we went again..the hr has been way up since then and cant swallow anything more than broth, applesauce, baby food , jello, and have been drinking tea, water and v8.

My b/p has been stable..and my o2 is 98 ..but my heart rate goes from 90 to 135 and i woke up this morning and both my eyed were running..had noticed last night that just my left eye was blurry..has anyone had just one eye messed up..

i have tingling over my head and left side of face..and a headache (probably from not eating)

took a rescue dose today out of desperation..and it didnt seem to help at all..not sure what to do next..i cant hang on and keep this happening any more but dont have any answers and as you know the docs have no answers either..

would really appreciate some feedback on what to do now..????

i am scared well more terrified that i am not going to make it through this and i am not trying to scare anyone..i just know i feel really bad and cant seem to figure out whats going on..

please tell me something to try and what to do with this mess i am in..i cant just keep taking rescue doses and updosing..thats not what i am wanting to do..

joe drove my for over 2 hrs up and down the beach to try and relax on thurs night it helped some but once back home back to the same thing and the not being able to swallow is the worse.

and the last 2 mornings when i have turned the tv on in the dark bedroom it takes me a minute or two before i can tolerate it to look at it..that has never happened before..joe says it could be the med..more things seem to be happening

i just need to hear from you or anyone  here that they have been through this and help me on what to do..

hugs

deep

OK cool SG, however, my scale I have to keep re calibrating over and over till it gets to PASS of 20000 then i take the weights off and then add cup and tare (is that right) I want to be close spot on, sometimes it goes lower than 20000, is this bad? I have a gemini 20, but its a pickle I wonder if they are all like that, Q? should I think about LT to be better accurate, just a thought I would put out there...

INP

I'll support any method, but I'm always in favor of using liquids.  Not only are they more accurate and reliable, they are easier.  I can see the desire to stick with a solid pill though.  And for V and other weak benzos the scale can be pretty accurate too.

SG....I went to 1 ml vodka, cause of the taste, will 1 ml not work to dissolve the Ativan?  Sorry, I thought someone told me I could just use 1 ml.....just want to get it straight.  :thumbsup:

What's the ABV/proof?  It needs to be at least 40%/80 proof.  And I would use at least a 2 to 1 ratio vodka to mgs.  1ml is barely any at all...a thimbleful.

SGi havent been around to sick to even post

I am at my wits end..got chocked on  lettuce last thursday night so here we went again..the hr has been way up since then and cant swallow anything more than broth, applesauce, baby food , jello, and have been drinking tea, water and v8.

My b/p has been stable..and my o2 is 98 ..but my heart rate goes from 90 to 135 and i woke up this morning and both my eyed were running..had noticed last night that just my left eye was blurry..has anyone had just one eye messed up..

i have tingling over my head and left side of face..and a headache (probably from not eating)

took a rescue dose today out of desperation..and it didnt seem to help at all..not sure what to do next..i cant hang on and keep this happening any more but dont have any answers and as you know the docs have no answers either..

would really appreciate some feedback on what to do now..????

i am scared well more terrified that i am not going to make it through this and i am not trying to scare anyone..i just know i feel really bad and cant seem to figure out whats going on..

please tell me something to try and what to do with this mess i am in..i cant just keep taking rescue doses and updosing..thats not what i am wanting to do..

joe drove my for over 2 hrs up and down the beach to try and relax on thurs night it helped some but once back home back to the same thing and the not being able to swallow is the worse.

and the last 2 mornings when i have turned the tv on in the dark bedroom it takes me a minute or two before i can tolerate it to look at it..that has never happened before..joe says it could be the med..more things seem to be happening

i just need to hear from you or anyone  here that they have been through this and help me on what to do..

hugs

deep

None of that sounds unfamiliar.  Have you been holding all this time?  And not getting relief?  I had thought you were starting to come around.

SG I was coming around and then last thursday night i got chocked on a piece of lettuce and it started the whole thing over again so not sure i am actually getting anything stuck in my throat or my throat is constricting from getting off the med..but i cant go all these days every so many days with nothing but jello, broth and things like that and the hr going sky high and cant function..but this time its just my left eye thats messed up and the tingling on that side..and i have peed so much its clear..my nerves are shot to say the least..

and yes i was holding once i went up to 1.93 which was a 10% increase i took the rescue dose this morning but dont feel much better..but i did cheat the other day and cut .001 off of the dose since i was feeling so good..dont know what i was thinking i should have stayed there for at least 3 months..but would that small of a cut made a difference??

i am so weak from not eating and cant do ensure or boost cause of the milk proteins called the pharmacists he said muscle milk and then when checked it out it has milk proteins..i am hungry but if i swallow even scrambled eggs i get the lump in my throat worse again..cant figure it out..

i got to get this straight and i know you went through so much you know what it really wrong and what you would do now..

thanks

deep

Thanks SG,

im game with trying the Liquid method.......... :thumbsup:

im all ears (eyes).............you tell me what you want me to get, and I will get it, once i get down to 2mgA, lets go for it:

here's what I have thus far (below) as I was a pondering it before awhile ago, and since my scale blows inaccurate, you let me know what I need yto get to start and I will do whatever it takes to get it:

I have on hand in closet not opened yet:

(a) 1 ML TB slip-tip disposable syringe MVI 100/bx (without needle)

:thumbsup:

INP

[45...]

Please can anyone answer me this question?

If I take 18.34 mls every 8 hours from a milk-valium mixture with a concentration of 60mg per 300ml, pls can anyone tell me how many mls I would need for 18.34mgs and the formula to work it out please.

I would really appreciate that, thanks

SG I was coming around and then last thursday night i got chocked on a piece of lettuce and it started the whole thing over again so not sure i am actually getting anything stuck in my throat or my throat is constricting from getting off the med..but i cant go all these days every so many days with nothing but jello, broth and things like that and the hr going sky high and cant function..but this time its just my left eye thats messed up and the tingling on that side..and i have peed so much its clear..my nerves are shot to say the least..

and yes i was holding once i went up to 1.93 which was a 10% increase i took the rescue dose this morning but dont feel much better..but i did cheat the other day and cut .001 off of the dose since i was feeling so good..dont know what i was thinking i should have stayed there for at least 3 months..but would that small of a cut made a difference??

i am so weak from not eating and cant do ensure or boost cause of the milk proteins called the pharmacists he said muscle milk and then when checked it out it has milk proteins..i am hungry but if i swallow even scrambled eggs i get the lump in my throat worse again..cant figure it out..

i got to get this straight and i know you went through so much you know what it really wrong and what you would do now..

thanks

deep

A single .001g cut is not responsible for this.  You just updosed and have been holding.  I'm wondering if there was something you ate or a new med that dropped your K level by inducing the 3A4 enzyme.

SG I dont touch any other meds not even a tylenol for a headache..i am terrified of meds..and i have never drank..so that couldnt be it..

as for food i have tried nothing new..

so i am at a loss and dont know how to pull out or what to get that has no milk or milk protein in it to drink to try and pull out food wise..i have searched and cant find anything..

deep

Thanks SG,

im game with trying the Liquid method.......... :thumbsup:

im all ears (eyes).............you tell me what you want me to get, and I will get it, once i get down to 2mgA, lets go for it:

here's what I have thus far (below) as I was a pondering it before awhile ago, and since my scale blows inaccurate, you let me know what I need yto get to start and I will do whatever it takes to get it:

I have on hand in closet not opened yet:

(a) 1 ML TB slip-tip disposable syringe MVI 100/bx (without needle)

:thumbsup:

INP

Ativan has several choices: prescription liquid, PG/water, alcohol/water.

You need a 1ml and a 10ml syringe and a few good sealing jars.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ty...]
    • [Pi...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Li...]
    • [...]
    • [Gi...]
    • [bi...]
    • [SB...]
    • [mo...]