Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

[63...]

Hey BG!

Here's an Ashton-style 5% biweekly taper using solid (10 mg) pills in combination with liquid titration.  Hopefully, this makes sense.  It can be extended down to whatever level you want to jump at.  I'll post an alternative taper a little later that will go all the way to zero without the need to jump.  Both tapers start out very similarly.  The difference is more at the end.

bads

http://enchantedskies.net/BenzoGirl_Taper.jpg

[63...]

And here (as promised) is a slightly different (hybrid) taper.  Cuts are roughly the same as the 5% taper, but this taper will actually reach 0 mg thus circumventing the need to jump.  Again, hopefully this makes sense...

bads

http://enchantedskies.net/BenzoGirl_Hybrid_Taper.jpg

With both tapers, don't worry about being accurate to 0.01 ml.  0.1 ml accuracy will be fine.

And here (as promised) is a slightly different (hybrid) taper.  Cuts are roughly the same as the 5% taper, but this taper will actually reach 0 mg thus circumventing the need to jump.  Again, hopefully this makes sense...

bads

http://enchantedskies.net/BenzoGirl_Hybrid_Taper.jpg

With both tapers, don't worry about being accurate to 0.01 ml.  0.1 ml accuracy will be fine.

Bads, I'm so sorry but I don't still don't understand a lot.

1. I thought I was going to reduce every day by a small amount. If I take the same amount every day for two weeks, wouldn't it be similar to C/H? I don't want that.

2. I am a recovering alcoholic. 10 ml seems like too much alcohol for me.

3. Aren't I suppose to dilute it with water?

4. I understand how much I should remove every day, according to your chart. But still, it seems like just another delivery system of C/H..??

Tell me...

- your dose

- what pill size you use

- how many doses a day

- how much you want to cut in two weeks

Please give specific answers.  I'll come back with a specific plan.

My dose is 70 mg per day.

pill sizes include 10 mg, 5 mg and 2 mg.

I dose 4x day.

I don't know how much I want to cut in two weeks. The first 3.5 mg (or 5%) by C/H for two weeks made me feel sick/insomnia. But if it is done daily, then maybe 5% is OK?

You can do this...

Dissolve a 2mg V pill into 4ml vodka, then add 96ml water to make 100ml.  Each ml=.02mg V.

To dose, all four doses will be: 10mg dry+5mg dry+2mg dry+.5mg (25ml) wet

When you feel ready to cut, remove .2mg (10ml) a day from the 100ml batch, then divide what remains into four equal doses by eyeballing them even on the counter.  This is an 8.6% a month rate (~4.3% every two weeks), which is conservative and should be a good place to begin.

SG: I don't seem to understand, once....again. I'm assuming from your reply. I am only going to take 17 mg of pills per day plus .5 mg liquid. And I am on 70 mg.

[63...]

1. I thought I was going to reduce every day by a small amount. If I take the same amount every day for two weeks, wouldn't it be similar to C/H? I don't want that.

4. I understand how much I should remove every day, according to your chart. But still, it seems like just another method of C/H..??

1. OK - I didn't understand what you wanted.  I'll do this as a daily instead of a bi-weekly.  That's easy.

2. OK - we can use propylene glycol instead of alcohol  http://www.amazon.com/Propylene-Glycol-Food-Grade-Quart/dp/B005PZBRUC

3. You can dilute with water, but you don't have to.  We can talk more about that.

4. As a daily microtaper, there will be no holding (unless you need to hold).  But yes, it is just like any other taper in many respects.

4. I understand how much I should remove every day, according to your chart. But still, it seems like just another method of C/H..??

1. OK - I didn't understand what you wanted.  I'll do this as a daily instead of a bi-weekly.  That's easy.

2. OK - we can use propylene glycol instead of alcohol  http://www.amazon.com/Propylene-Glycol-Food-Grade-Quart/dp/B005PZBRUC

3. You can dilute with water, but you don't have to.  We can talk more about that.

4. As a daily microtaper, there will be no holding (unless you need to hold).  But yes, it is just like any other taper in many respects.

OK. But the big question remains, if I want to drop a total of 5% every 14 days, how much do I drop per day? That chart looks really great and self explanatory to me, except I was cutting the same amount for two weeks, and not making smaller, daily cuts. New chart, please? Thank you very much.

[63...]

OK. But the big question remains, if I want to drop a total of 5% every 14 days, how much do I drop per day? That chart looks really great and self explanatory to me, except I was cutting the same amount for two weeks, and not making smaller, daily cuts. New chart, please? Thank you very much.

Take a look at this version.  Daily doses thru mid-July 2017.  Too long to put a full preview here.  http://enchantedskies.net/BenzoGirls_Daily_Taper.pdf

I've got to run an errant, but will be back on my laptop in a few hours if you have any questions or concerns.

Bads! THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy as pie.  :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten: :smitten: THANK YOU FOR DOING ALL OF THIS WORK FOR ME. I will bookmark in case I lose the printed copy.

You can do this...

Dissolve a 2mg V pill into 4ml vodka, then add 96ml water to make 100ml.  Each ml=.02mg V.

To dose, all four doses will be: 10mg dry+5mg dry+2mg dry+.5mg (25ml) wet

When you feel ready to cut, remove .2mg (10ml) a day from the 100ml batch, then divide what remains into four equal doses by eyeballing them even on the counter.  This is an 8.6% a month rate (~4.3% every two weeks), which is conservative and should be a good place to begin.

SG: I don't seem to understand, once....again. I'm assuming from your reply. I am only going to take 17 mg of pills per day plus .5 mg liquid. And I am on 70 mg.

Right, 70mg divided into four doses is 17.5mg per dose.  Each dose would be 10 dry+5 dry+2 dry+.5 wet.

[63...]

Bads! THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Easy as pie.  :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  :smitten: :smitten: THANK YOU FOR DOING ALL OF THIS WORK FOR ME. I will bookmark in case I lose the printed copy.

You're more than welcome.  :)

I just mixed up my meds for a liquid taper. I think the hardest part is trusting it!!

It'll be okay.. Are you using vodka? Or milk?

I think it's perfectly normal to worry about it a bit. It is new and you want to get it right.

:thumbsup:

I just mixed up my meds for a liquid taper. I think the hardest part is trusting it!!

I think it's perfectly normal to worry about it a bit. It is new and you want to get it right.

vodka and water. i am taking xanax and milk is no good.I have took 2 doses today and feel pretty good about it. the scale was just too inaccurate trying to measure .004g into a dose.Now I just dissolve.5mg into 5 ml of vodka and add 95ml of water. I have enuff doses for about 10 days.Please tell me I got that right SG57!!!

vodka and water. i am taking xanax and milk is no good.I have took 2 doses today and feel pretty good about it. the scale was just too inaccurate trying to measure .004g into a dose.Now I just dissolve.5mg into 5 ml of vodka and add 95ml of water. I have enuff doses for about 10 days.Please tell me I got that right SG57!!!

Ah, sorry... I thought it was Valium. Should have looked at your signature better.

Forgive the fuzz brain! :crazy:

I'll leave the math to SG. I really am not sure about Xanax.

But alcohol is an excellent solvent and you will be just fine!

SGI need some support this morning..i have had this lump feeling thing in my throat since tuesday night..when i got some corn stuck there..and now my heart rate goes up and down like crazy from 80 to 110 even if i move around it spikes..i am really weak havent been able to eat anything since tuesday night except small cup of jello, some broth yesterday and some jelly this morning..i am wondering is this withdrawals..i have had the heart rate thing and lump in my throat before but not for this long..and i am terrified to say the least..any support or anyone else has experienced this i would love to hear it..i have drank hot tea and salty water gargle to try to make it better..i go to my primary later this morning..but if it is withdrawals i need to be able to tell him it might be so he doesnt go to so many other things it could be..hes not benzo wise..thanks so much for any support or help.

can i try to updose some and see if it lets up or is that a bad idea??

I take .75gms 4 times a day so not sure how much i would take extra now to try and see if it lets up..off a 1mg k tab...average weight .172..

thanks

anyone feel free to respond also

thanks

deep

SGI need some support this morning..i have had this lump feeling thing in my throat since tuesday night..when i got some corn stuck there..and now my heart rate goes up and down like crazy from 80 to 110 even if i move around it spikes..i am really weak havent been able to eat anything since tuesday night except small cup of jello, some broth yesterday and some jelly this morning..i am wondering is this withdrawals..i have had the heart rate thing and lump in my throat before but not for this long..and i am terrified to say the least..any support or anyone else has experienced this i would love to hear it..i have drank hot tea and salty water gargle to try to make it better..i go to my primary later this morning..but if it is withdrawals i need to be able to tell him it might be so he doesnt go to so many other things it could be..hes not benzo wise..thanks so much for any support or help.

I take .75gms 4 times a day so not sure how much i would take extra now to try and see if it lets up..off a 1mg k tab...average weight .172..

thanks

thanks

deep

I don't know if the throat thing is a symptom or not.  I know benzos can do some pretty weird things and there are many many possible strange symptoms so I would not rule it out, but you are the best judge.  The high heart rate is much more common and I had that myself.

Updosing always makes me pause.  I don't think it can do any harm and it can work out well, but often it does nothing at all and always sets us back time-wise.  So I am always hesitant to suggest it unless it has not been too long at the lower dose or the symptoms are just too unbearable.

Then there is always the question of how much to updose.  I think it should be based on percentage, but have no idea what...5-20%?  I assume the harder you hit it the more likely it is to help in some way, but I have so little experience with updosing it is hard to say.  A 10% updose would move your current dose weights from .075g to .083g.

SGthanks for getting back to me..i meant more like a rescue dose to take now maybe instead of updosing..i cant take any more of this..i am scared..and was just wondering if taking an extra dose might help me some..any input into that..as i would hate to go back up 10 percent

thanks

deep

SGthanks for getting back to me..i meant more like a rescue dose to take now maybe instead of updosing..i cant take any more of this..i am scared..and was just wondering if taking an extra dose might help me some..any input into that..as i would hate to go back up 10 percent

thanks

deep

You could give it a try.  As far as we know a single rescue dose will either help or do nothing.  I don't think it will affect you in any negative way.  And, if it works, it might give you a glimpse of what an updose would be like.  I never know how much to suggest though.

Deep,

I took a rescue dose a few months ago.  My daily dosage was 0.24 mg, and I took 0.24 mg for the rescue dose.  It seemed to help.  I know it is not recommended, but I have done this about 3 or 4 times since I started my taper last June.  I do not make the decision lightly--things are usually pretty bad before I will consider a rescue dose.

Anne

Anne thank you for responding..my dose is .075 so i took a rescue dose after i read Sg's post to see if i can get some relief then i can relax and go back to where i was..now i have a slight low grade fever..i dont get it..my son blended in our ninja some chicken noodle soup so i could have something in me before we leave for the docs but i cant get it down..so i guess broth is better than nothing :(..and i can just about say this is as bad as i have ever felt since i started this 19 months ago..so hoping to get some relief and if not then dont know what to do :(

thanks

deep

Anne thank you for responding..my dose is .075 so i took a rescue dose after i read Sg's post to see if i can get some relief then i can relax and go back to where i was..now i have a slight low grade fever..i dont get it..my son blended in our ninja some chicken noodle soup so i could have something in me before we leave for the docs but i cant get it down..so i guess broth is better than nothing :(..and i can just about say this is as bad as i have ever felt since i started this 19 months ago..so hoping to get some relief and if not then dont know what to do :(

thanks

deep

Deep,

I hope you start to feel better soon.  You should probably mention this to your doctor at your appointment this morning.  Good luck.  Please let us know how you are doing.

Anne

[97...]

thanks

thanks

deep

Hi Deep,

I wanted to share with you that while I was tapering K the throat lump and feeling of throat constriction was one of my most debilitating symptoms. I used cough drops and sucked on ice cubes to help distract from the sensation. I had several scopes and scans that all came up negative.

For me, once off K, the sensation resolved.

Good luck with you appointment today. I know how awful that feeling is. 😕

Take good care,

Marija