Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Steve,

I am glad you came to MT like suggested. SG is great at helping with MT (among many other things) and I am sure he can help you plan a MT that works for you. I do know your history better than him from KK. I know you have been able to go faster than many and have an easier time than many still. Not saying you don't need to slow down a bit now. If your sxs are tolerable and you don't want to updose, I would just hold until you stabilize. If they aren't I agree with SG. Just my thoughts. I hope you feel better soon!

XO Maya

Thank you for your responses.

My taper from 8mg/day to 3mg/day went very good, but as I got below 3mg/day I slowed down considerably.  Since 3mg/day I have never had what I would call a “good” day.  At best on a scale on 1-10, 10 being intolerable and 1 being good, I would say my bad days are 8 and my fair days are 3.  Right now I would say I am at about a 5.  I think I can tolerate this a little longer at this dose (.471mg/day), but hope the hold for a week or so will allow things to get a little better.

I really hate to go back up.  I did that in 12/15 and it did not help much so I just started tapering slowly again and things kind of settled down.  Going up back then set my taper back by 2 months.

I think I will try to hold on a little bit longer before I do anything, back up or continue tapering more slowly.

By the way is there and advantage of a liquid titration verses dry cutting with scales?

Steve

Thank you for your responses.

My taper from 8mg/day to 3mg/day went very good, but as I got below 3mg/day I slowed down considerably.  Since 3mg/day I have never had what I would call a “good” day.  At best on a scale on 1-10, 10 being intolerable and 1 being good, I would say my bad days are 8 and my fair days are 3.  Right now I would say I am at about a 5.  I think I can tolerate this a little longer at this dose (.471mg/day), but hope the hold for a week or so will allow things to get a little better.

I really hate to go back up.  I did that in 12/15 and it did not help much so I just started tapering slowly again and things kind of settled down.  Going up back then set my taper back by 2 months.

I think I will try to hold on a little bit longer before I do anything, back up or continue tapering more slowly.

By the way is there and advantage of a liquid titration verses dry cutting with scales?

Steve

Accuracy.  To see this, look at the smallest cuts.  The smallest cut you can make with a .5mg K pill and a scale is ~.003mg.  With liquid there is no limit to accuracy as you can always dilute as much as needed.

Steve,

I was not saying you have it easy. I just meant many are cutting a lot slower and not feeling too great. Also some can't cut at all right now. I am going faster than most, but I don't feel great either. We are all different. I think that is smart to hold for now. Then you can figure out how is best to MT. You have come a long way! I was on 8mgs of K once too. As SG said liquid is the most precise and accurate way. You would have to either make it into liquid or use a compunding pharmacy. There is no rx klonopin liquid. The scale is also accurate enough if you don't want to use liquid. You also are supposed to hold for two weeks to adjust. SG and others can tell you more. I have yet to try liquid. I have been too chicken. If I was not a rapid metabolizer I would. You will figure it out. I hope you have a good night!

XO Maya

Hi!

I'm switching from dry tranxene to ativan - traxnene is not stable at all in water.

I don't know i just want to be off in 6 months.  I've been tapering 21 months dry cutting as is.

OK...

What is your current dose of Ativan?

What size pills are you using to taper?

Am I correct that you want to dissolve an intact pill in 150 ml?  Then remove some and drink the rest??

I have .5 mg ativan - from what I saw in physicians desk reference (I think, my dr showed me something)  from tranxene it's 10:1 not 15:1 like ashton says. 

Yes I want to dissolve two .5 mg and remove some to get to my current dose in ativan - I can't do a crossover bc you can't break ativan that much

hello  :)

I was not shure if I should post here or on the other thread (http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=152553.msg2049143#msg2049143)

I try to meditate (getting my cloth done actually counts for meditation here - i just treat it like qi gong). getting a daily routine hammered into my life, making small actions a habit by repeating them over ane over again every day (at best conditions).

Had a little help by a freind yestereday in cleaning out a room that haunted me the last years  :smitten:

To tell my situation i cite from my other thread:

I have been abusing alkohol heavily for years. Many times i did c/t.

3 Months ago I have been functioning at 8 mg clonazolam daily. Working and getting things done.

Read about Ashton, many attempts to taper and finally splitting the daily dosage into 8 small doses worked. So i got down to 3 mg since christmas. was at 0,6 but experienced too much pain (not being able to make food, which is important) so i tried to updose. No Changes in symptoms at fist.

I have been holding the 3 mg daily now for a few weeks. At first it was difficult, but it has been getting better.

I Understand kindling because I have experienced it severely. Touching Alkohol again could easily kill me.

I feel much better, the first two weeks have been hard, but i feel really stable. I think i should start the daily taper soon.

And eat healthy. And stay active. I have been into sports for a few years. I already started to move again. Walking at first, using my feet. Tried Yoga. Maybe a little bit of weightlifting (which i used to love, but i feel very weak now).

I want to start the taper soon. Not as fast as the last time. And daily miocrotaper this time. Thank you very much for advice.

best regards, Felix

I did not want stop coffee apruptly so i drink my coffee now (drank huge amounts daily for years and started young - at scool as a teen - since daily) and do come cyclyng on a hometrainer.

best Regards and than you all :)

Hi SG or anyone who can help.

I have begun my c/h Valium taper as of 10 days ago. 5% from 70 mg. Since I didn't have any issues with C/H and then a MT while on K, and I never felt a cut. And I never felt anything bad post taper. I was surprised that I got hit by bad insomnia 3 days after my cut of 5%. Sleep has been pretty much non existent, except for one day, when I slept fine. Last night it was back to the pits. My question here: I don't understand metabolites. How do they work and does it make a taper easier or harder? Seems I have read that some people feel symptoms at two different times on the same cut. I don't want that to be me, but perhaps it is. I guess I am just a wuss because I go through my K pretty much symptom less. Thanks,

Bets

I have begun my c/h Valium taper as of 10 days ago. 5% from 70 mg. Since I didn't have any issues with C/H and then a MT while on K, and I never felt a cut. And I never felt anything bad post taper. I was surprised that I got hit by bad insomnia 3 days after my cut of 5%. Sleep has been pretty much non existent, except for one day, when I slept fine. Last night it was back to the pits. My question here: I don't understand metabolites. How do they work and does it make a taper easier or harder? Seems I have read that some people feel symptoms at two different times on the same cut. I don't want that to be me, but perhaps it is. I guess I am just a wuss because I go through my K pretty much symptom less. Thanks,

Bets

Bets...regardless of whether you're at 70mg or 7mg, a 5% cut is still a 5% cut.  And a 5% cut can cause some pretty significant sxs.

As I have suggested all along, a daily taper will be much more gentle.

So kindled and was told a slow liquid taper would keep me stable. Crossed over from A to K last spring, tried to pull 5% a month last summer (never held) and had stronger symptoms at end of summer and another forum told me that after six days of suffering I should updose to 1.25 mg K. Held that for 24 days and had a few functional days. Started tapering slower--1-2% a month since I was scared of crashing again (and I do believe I sensitized myself with all of the back and forth, up and down) and thought since I was going so slow I didn't need to hold. By mid January I was screaming with psychotic brain. Decided to taper a few days a week and hold a couple days. Still awful.

I don't expect this to be rosy. I've been through the horrors of hell in previous tapers with akathisia, hallucinations, soul-crushing depression, anxiety, DR--yada yada.

Now I have a buddie who is saying to try a long hold to see if I can get stabilized and have found a number of people here who benefitted from a 1-6 month hold. I'm terrified of tolerance and discouraged I'm still not as good as I was six weeks ago after holding 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm going slower than anyone and thinking there's no hope because my brain is fried. Any long hold/slow microtaper success stories are appreciated. I am just praying I can leave my house without major disorientation, ride in a car, do a little work from home and go for a ten minute walk a day--that would be stabilization to me. That, and having hope instead of dread and the ability to think of someone besides me all day. Take care. Oh and I was also told to dose four times a day. Baseline sptoms:  sedation/exhaustion, brain fog, DR, frantic/racing brain, depression, perceptual disturbances, disorientation, memory issues, feeling sickly all the time, anxiety

Liza G

Bets

I would not worry about metabolites.  My understanding of it is that drugs are a "package deal."  When the body processes them to get rid of them it breaks the original drug down into various products (metabolites) and sometimes these products are themselves drugs that are also active in the body.  In the case of V I think there are several...desmethyldiazepam, temazepam, and oxazepam.  The desmethyldiazepam is the main one and is extremely long acting.  So basically, when you take V you are taking a combination of diazepam, desmethyldiazepam, temazepam, and oxazepam.  The drug starts out as diazepam, but over time it breaks down into the other three.  This lengthens the half life, which is usually considered a good thing for tapering.

Bets

Bets...regardless of whether you're at 70mg or 7mg, a 5% cut is still a 5% cut.  And a 5% cut can cause some pretty significant sxs.

Yup.

So kindled and was told a slow liquid taper would keep me stable. Crossed over from A to K last spring, tried to pull 5% a month last summer (never held) and had stronger symptoms at end of summer and another forum told me that after six days of suffering I should updose to 1.25 mg K. Held that for 24 days and had a few functional days. Started tapering slower--1-2% a month since I was scared of crashing again (and I do believe I sensitized myself with all of the back and forth, up and down) and thought since I was going so slow I didn't need to hold. By mid January I was screaming with psychotic brain. Decided to taper a few days a week and hold a couple days. Still awful.

I don't expect this to be rosy. I've been through the horrors of hell in previous tapers with akathisia, hallucinations, soul-crushing depression, anxiety, DR--yada yada.

Now I have a buddie who is saying to try a long hold to see if I can get stabilized and have found a number of people here who benefitted from a 1-6 month hold. I'm terrified of tolerance and discouraged I'm still not as good as I was six weeks ago after holding 2 1/2 weeks.

I'm going slower than anyone and thinking there's no hope because my brain is fried. Any long hold/slow microtaper success stories are appreciated. I am just praying I can leave my house without major disorientation, ride in a car, do a little work from home and go for a ten minute walk a day--that would be stabilization to me. That, and having hope instead of dread and the ability to think of someone besides me all day. Take care. Oh and I was also told to dose four times a day. Baseline sptoms:  sedation/exhaustion, brain fog, DR, frantic/racing brain, depression, perceptual disturbances, disorientation, memory issues, feeling sickly all the time, anxiety

Liza G

If 1-2% a month is bringing on bad symptoms I don't know what to say other than either do a long hold or taper even slower.  I think tapering should be done at whatever rate does not increase symptoms.  I think you are doing the right things by going extremely slow and not pushing.  And also spreading your dose out to four a day.

Bets

I have believed that one should not start a MT at such a high dose. I would think it were take me years to get off, unless I drop by a large amount every day. Your Opinion pls? builder, I took at look at your signature and it seems with the MT it took you two years to get off 9 mg. And I am on 70 mg.............That would be essentially 11 times longer. Also, if I do decide to do Vodka titration, I get the mixing and dissolving tacks, but I find myself I am very confused how how much drop drop every day and how to do it. I find I have lost my ability to follow math. Stupid me.

This is what I understand.

Take a 1 mg pill and dissolve it it two ml of Vodka.

add in 98 ml of water and mix.

Take the other 69 mg in pill form

For the first week or two, drink the entire water.

Then you begin reducing the water portion.

But I don't get that you take a small amount out, like .25 mg, drink that and save the rest. To me that would be essentially taking nearly 0 mg of Valium as it is diluted so much, meaning a drop of 1 mg a day. Too much.

I would assume and so does my pdoc, that I should remove the .25 mg in a syringe, and drink the rest of the water.

The next day remove .5 mg, and drink the rest of the solution, etc. Can you explain this for me? Remember I am very stupid at the moment, and both you and SG told me earlier how to do it, and it didn't make any sense to me at all. Also, I do not know how much to drop each day.

I have believed that one should not start a MT at such a high dose. I would think it were take me years to get off, unless I drop by a large amount every day. Your Opinion pls?

Why do people equate MT=slow?  The way you taper has nothing to do with how fast you heal.  If you reduce 5% a month you can do it in one step, two steps, three steps, or 30 steps.  It is still 5% a month.  But the more steps used, the less shock to the CNS.

Bets

I have believed that one should not start a MT at such a high dose. I would think it were take me years to get off, unless I drop by a large amount every day. Your Opinion pls? builder, I took at look at your signature and it seems with the MT it took you two years to get off 9 mg. And I am on 70 mg.............That would be essentially 11 times longer.

Whether you cut 5% avery 14 days, or .35% every day for 14 days, at the end of 2 weeks, your still down 5%. A daily taper does not take any longer than a a C&H taper.  Many folks actually find a daily taper faster because it is more tolerable.

It took me about 2 years because 1) I was only cutting about 2.5%, or less, every 2 weeks, and 2) I did several long holds to coincide with  travel plans.  If I had been cutting 5% every 2 weeks (.35 daily) it would have only taken a year, or less.

I have believed that one should not start a MT at such a high dose. I would think it were take me years to get off, unless I drop by a large amount every day. Your Opinion pls?

Why do people equate MT=slow?  The way you taper has nothing to do with how fast you heal.  If you reduce 5% a month you can do it in one step, two steps, three steps, or 30 steps.  It is still 5% a month.  But the more steps used, the less shock to the CNS.

SG: Read my above post. I do understand now that it doesn't necessarily mean slower. But I am super confused about how much I can drop each day, 5% every two weeks being too large, and how to drop my liquid every day. I am very stupid at the moment, especially about math, so I do need step by step instructions, which you and builder gave me before, and it still didn't make any sense to me.

SG: Read my above post. I do understand now that it doesn't necessarily mean slower. But I am super confused about how much I can drop each day, 5% every two weeks being too large, and how to drop my liquid every day. I am very stupid at the moment, especially about math, so I do need step by step instructions, which you and builder gave me before, and it still didn't make any sense to me.

Don't make it harder than it is.  Whatever your 5% cut is, break it into 14 smaller pieces.  This will still be 5% over two weeks.  For example, if a 5% cut was 10mls of liquid just divide 10 by 14...  .71ml a day.  After 14 days you will be in the same place, but the drug will not have been removed ahead of schedule and would have remained in your body to help you avoid symptoms.

Don't make it harder than it is.  Whatever your 5% cut is, break it into 14 smaller pieces.  This will still be 5% over two weeks.  For example, if a 5% cut was 10mls of liquid just divide 10 by 14...  .71ml a day.  After 14 days you will be in the same place, but the drug will not have been removed ahead of schedule and would have remained in your body to help you avoid symptoms.

I'm so sorry. But I am making it harder than it is. I did so as well with my dry MT off K. First, would 5% every two weeks by doing a tritation be too much? Also, you said 10 ml of liquid. I thought it was 100 ml? If it is 10 ml, then how do I make the solution? I can't cut my pills into 14 pieces, so titration would seem to be to be more accurate. Also, I don't know how much to take each day? I know about the pills, but not about the liquid. I guess what I am asking for is step by step instructions. Sorry to be a pain in the butt. Including what things I need to buy to do this. I know I need to buy the Vodka and get the required pills, but I don't know how many ml of a syringe I need. Plus a cup to hold the liquid. Thank you. Reminder, I am still confused how much to take out each day. Take out the .71 mg and drink it, or take out the .71 mg, throw it out, and drink the rest of the liquid?

[74...]

Liza G

It's going to take a while, but I'd suggest that you do occasional small cuts (0.25 to 0.5%) only after you have 2-3 decent days in a row.  Then hold until you have 2-3 decent days in a row.  Keep a log.  Rate your symptoms each day.  Never up-dose unless a doctor tells you to.  Never cut unless you're feeling decent.  And be sure to get therapy throughout your taper to help with depression/anxiety/etcetera.

Bads: Can you please read my above post to SG aboyt titration? I want to start it as a 5% cut every two weeks did not do my any good. I am super stupid at the moment due to benzo brain and I guess I need step by step instructions on how to cut 5% every two weeks. This is a copy of that post. Thank you and if SG read this, pls pop in. Or builder.

I'm so sorry. But I am making it harder than it is. I did so as well with my dry MT off K. First, would 5% every two weeks by doing a tritation be too much? Also, you said 10 ml of liquid. I thought it was 100 ml? If it is 10 ml, then how do I make the solution? I can't cut my pills into 14 pieces, so titration would seem to be to be more accurate. Also, I don't know how much to take each day? I know about the pills, but not about the liquid. I guess what I am asking for is step by step instructions. Sorry to be a pain in the butt. Including what things I need to buy to do this. I know I need to buy the Vodka and get the required pills, but I don't know how many ml of a syringe I need. Plus a cup to hold the liquid. Thank you. Reminder, I am still confused how much to take out each day. Take out the .71 mg and drink it, or take out the .71 mg, throw it out, and drink the rest of the liquid?

Tell me...

- your dose

- what pill size you use

- how many doses a day

- how much you want to cut in two weeks

Please give specific answers.  I'll come back with a specific plan.

Tell me...

- your dose

- what pill size you use

- how many doses a day

My dose is 70 mg per day.

pill sizes include 10 mg, 5 mg and 2 mg.

I dose 4x day.

I don't know how much I want to cut in two weeks. The first 3.5 mg (or 5%) by C/H for two weeks made me feel sick/insomnia. But if it is done daily, then maybe 5% is OK?

Tell me...

- your dose

- what pill size you use

- how many doses a day

My dose is 70 mg per day.

pill sizes include 10 mg, 5 mg and 2 mg.

I dose 4x day.

I don't know how much I want to cut in two weeks. The first 3.5 mg (or 5%) by C/H for two weeks made me feel sick/insomnia. But if it is done daily, then maybe 5% is OK?

You can do this...

Dissolve a 2mg V pill into 4ml vodka, then add 96ml water to make 100ml.  Each ml=.02mg V.

To dose, all four doses will be: 10mg dry+5mg dry+2mg dry+.5mg (25ml) wet

When you feel ready to cut, remove .2mg (10ml) a day from the 100ml batch, then divide what remains into four equal doses by eyeballing them even on the counter.  This is an 8.6% a month rate (~4.3% every two weeks), which is conservative and should be a good place to begin.

[74...]

Bads: Can you please read my above post to SG aboyt titration? I want to start it as a 5% cut every two weeks did not do my any good. I am super stupid at the moment due to benzo brain and I guess I need step by step instructions on how to cut 5% every two weeks. This is a copy of that post. Thank you and if SG read this, pls pop in. Or builder.

Several ways to do this.  Personally, I'd eat most of the mg of pills as a solid and dissolve a single 10 mg pill into 10 mls of alcohol.  Then remove some of the alcohol and drink the rest.  I can make out a schedule if you like this approach.

I'm so sorry. But I am making it harder than it is. I did so as well with my dry MT off K. First, would 5% every two weeks by doing a titration be too much? Also, you said 10 ml of liquid. I thought it was 100 ml? If it is 10 ml, then how do I make the solution? I can't cut my pills into 14 pieces, so titration would seem to be to be more accurate. Also, I don't know how much to take each day? I know about the pills, but not about the liquid. I guess what I am asking for is step by step instructions. Sorry to be a pain in the butt. Including what things I need to buy to do this. I know I need to buy the Vodka and get the required pills, but I don't know how many ml of a syringe I need. Plus a cup to hold the liquid. Thank you. Reminder, I am still confused how much to take out each day. Take out the .71 mg and drink it, or take out the .71 mg, throw it out, and drink the rest of the liquid?

Several ways to do this.  Personally, I'd eat most of the mg of pills as a solid and dissolve a single 10 mg pill into 10 mls of alcohol.  Then remove some of the alcohol and drink the rest.  I can make out a schedule if you like this approach.

Yes bads. This is what I want to do. To take most of my mg in pill form. SG57 Thank you so very much for being so kind and patient with me. I know I have been a true pain in the neck. My cog fog has gotten the better of me. I had the same trouble learning how to do a dry MT and was repeatedly given instructions. Once I got it, I got it! Then it was easy as pie to me. Except for that darn scale. OK Bads, please fill me in. I'll be waiting as I can no longer stand this C/H. Its is making me sick and I can't sleep at all. TY TY :smitten: :smitten:

fwiw~~this is how I dose my val. 7 am, 10 mg; 1 pm, 10 mg; 7 pm, 20 mg; midnight, 30 mg.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fa...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Be...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [ge...]
    • [NO...]
    • [Sw...]