Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Gard,

I am so sorry you are having a hard time. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and I am here if you want to talk. Sending you lots of love! :hug:

Jeff,

I miss you! I hope this new med helps!

:smitten:

XO Maya

SG, I am getting worse and worse on the liquid taper and think I would like to go back to dry cutting...it has been two weeks now and I feel weaker and have worse panic and anxiety on this than on dry cut....if I go back, do I go back to .001 a week, is that comparable to .6mg dose a day, I have been reducing by .15 a dose....I just don't like the feeling of this at all.....when I was cutting by weight I was at at 0.018 on the gram scale for each dose.  I just felt better on the dry cutting.  Thanks for any help you can give, sorry to be such a pain.... :-[

Hello everyone,

Im currently tapering liquid diazepam 2mg/5ml and Im doing daily reduction method, now my doctor prescribe different strenght of diazepam 10mg/5ml is this ok to use and dilute with water the same with my old one. just want to ask any opinion to all bbs. really much appreciated if you input your opinion.

thanks in advace

mcm

SG, I am getting worse and worse on the liquid taper and think I would like to go back to dry cutting...it has been two weeks now and I feel weaker and have worse panic and anxiety on this than on dry cut....if I go back, do I go back to .001 a week, is that comparable to .6mg dose a day, I have been reducing by .15 a dose....I just don't like the feeling of this at all.....when I was cutting by weight I was at at 0.018 on the gram scale for each dose.  I just felt better on the dry cutting.  Thanks for any help you can give, sorry to be such a pain.... :-[

You asked several questions but I can't make sense of the numbers you mentioned.

Hello everyone,

Im currently tapering liquid diazepam 2mg/5ml and Im doing daily reduction method, now my doctor prescribe different strenght of diazepam 10mg/5ml is this ok to use and dilute with water the same with my old one. just want to ask any opinion to all bbs. really much appreciated if you input your opinion.

thanks in advace

mcm

It depends on what liquid is used to make it.  What liquid is in it?

Ok...I am holding at .6mg right now...for LT, dosing .15 ml per dose, 4 doses a day

I was at dry cutting and weighing on the gram scale 0.018, 3 times a day, and 0.016, 1 time a day to total 4 doses  before starting the LT.

does this help any?

Ok...I am holding at .6mg right now...for LT, dosing .15 ml per dose, 4 doses a day

I was at dry cutting and weighing on the gram scale 0.018, 3 times a day, and 0.016, 1 time a day to total 4 doses  before starting the LT.

does this help any?

What liquid is this?  .6mg a day and .15ml x4 is .6mg/.6ml or 1mg/ml strength...and this is ativan?  It does not surprise me that you might have problems if you are using a liquid that strong.  If you are off by just .01ml it would change your dose by .01mg.  It needs to be diluted.

We are diluting 2, 0.5mg Ativan pills into 2ml vodka, and adding 98 ml of water, then taking out .15 ml for each dose

Okay, that's more like it.  A .01mg/ml solution.  I'm still not clear on exactly what you mean.  Your dose is .6mg, right?  And you mix 1mg liquid.  So how do you get to .6mg.  Do you mean 15ml per dose?  That would be .6mg for the day.  Or do you mean you are cutting .15ml off each dose each day?

You are right, it is .6mg for the day, and each dose is 15ml.....sorry for the confusion.

I don't know what the question is.  Your dose is .6mg in liquid.  If it is not working out just go back to .6mg in pills.

Hi SG. Hi Moo. Hi everybody else my brain can't remember. Having a bad time this week. Holding my L but trying to reduce my daytime gabapentin because it zonks me out so much. Holy mackerel, almost as bad as cutting a benzo. Lots of old, nasty symptoms back. Waiting for them to settle down. Will be here more when feeling better.

Gard

Hi Gard... Sorry it's a rough time. It will pass , as you know...and I hope it'll be soon. I totally understand about not logging on when things get really rough. Some of us just hide out for awhile and others post more during a bad period of time.. Whatever is good for you, Gard.

I hope you get out of the woods soon... :smitten:

Hi SG, and everyone,

Can anyone help me me please, im currently on liquid diazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution doing MT daily reduction method, now my doctor prescribe different strengh of diazepam 10mg/5m. is this ok to dillute with water same with my old one.  not sure about the ingredients as well if how much alcohol because i have stomach ulcer and i couldnt take with alcohol.  For the liquid diaz 2mg/5ml i can tolerate but not sure with the liquid diaz 10mg/5ml.  please help!!

thanks.

mcm

Hi SG, and everyone,

Can anyone help me me please, im currently on liquid diazepam 2mg/5ml oral solution doing MT daily reduction method, now my doctor prescribe different strengh of diazepam 10mg/5m. is this ok to dillute with water same with my old one.  not sure about the ingredients as well if how much alcohol because i have stomach ulcer and i couldnt take with alcohol.  For the liquid diaz 2mg/5ml i can tolerate but not sure with the liquid diaz 10mg/5ml.  please help!!

thanks.

mcm

You need to identify the liquid...who makes it, what product is it?  Most of these pharma liquids are made with PG/alcohol/PEG combos and can be diluted with water.  But there are others that use oils and cannot dilute with water.

SG, what is .6mg in scale weight?  (gram scale), which is how we cut before....?

When we dry cut before we cut 0.018  three times , and 0.016  one time and that equaled  0.070 for the day, is that more than .6mg?  I get confused by this... :-[

Thanks SG,

I will find out with the pharmacy tomorrow.  So it means if made with oil won't be able to dillute with water but if made it with pg or alcohol will be okay. will update once i find out the ingredients.

thanks,

mcm

SG, what is .6mg in scale weight?  (gram scale), which is how we cut before....?

When we dry cut before we cut 0.018  three times , and 0.016  one time and that equaled  0.070 for the day, is that more than .6mg?  I get confused by this... :-[

You need your full pill weight.  How much does a .5mg pill weigh?  If you don't know you can always re-measure it.  Put 10 on the scale and weigh them, then divide the answer by 10 and that is your pill average weight.

one pill weighs 0.060.  That is the average weight.  I just need to know where to start dry cutting from as compared to what we are doing right now with the liquid...one was weight, one was dose....Do I start from 0.070 which is the total of the four doses I was doing when dry cutting, is that comparable?

one pill weighs 0.060.  That is the average weight.  I just need to know where to start dry cutting from as compared to what we are doing right now with the liquid...one was weight, one was dose....Do I start from 0.070 which is the total of the four doses I was doing when dry cutting, is that comparable?

.5mg/.060g means 8.33mg/g so to get .6mg you'd need .072g for the day....018g per dose.  FWIW, that is terrible accuracy.  If you are off by just .001g your dose will jump by .00833mg...kind of a lot.

soooooo.......probably a better idea to stick it out with the liquid.....I see your point.  I will give it some more time and maybe this will work out....thanks so very much for your time!  (I so wish I was better with math.... :-[).

soooooo.......probably a better idea to stick it out with the liquid.....I see your point.  I will give it some more time and maybe this will work out....thanks so very much for your time!  (I so wish I was better with math.... :-[).

Would you consider updosing with the liquid?  If the problem is that you are not getting enough benzo, correcting the dose upwards should solve it.  But if that is not the problem you'd need to re-taper it.  Just a thought.

Thanks....I will think about that, if I decide to do it, how much is an average updose?

It's a guessing game as to how much you might need.  I doubt a few percent would do it.  I'd guess somewhere between 5-20%.  IDK...it's a hard thing to pin down.

SG, I am back to see if I got this figgered out. I am gonna stay on my dry cut dose of .0154mgX(4 tid.) until I get my supplies for a liquid crossover.If I dilute .25mgX into 50ml liquid, i will have a mixture that is .005mgX per ML. and to reach a single dose of.0154mgX , I would need to take 3.08ml of the liquid.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Kr...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [ro...]
    • [an...]
    • [Er...]
    • [de...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Le...]
    • [Jo...]