Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Oh, and I found a doctor here with some understanding of benzodiazepines who's willing to prescribe liquid Valium here in Australia so I can continue the taper with the same method. He is very familiar with the Ashton Manual and has written paper on overuse of benzos. That's how I found him. He hadn't heard of micro-tapering, but was quite impressed with what people have figured out and said it seemed very sound.

Wonderful!  :clap:

Oh, and I found a doctor here with some understanding of benzodiazepines who's willing to prescribe liquid Valium here in Australia so I can continue the taper with the same method. He is very familiar with the Ashton Manual and has written paper on overuse of benzos. That's how I found him. He hadn't heard of micro-tapering, but was quite impressed with what people have figured out and said it seemed very sound.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sorry, I don't mean to be a whiner, but are there people who can't take liquid taper?  I am on my third day of LT and I just keep getting worse, weaker and sicker, really feeling like I made a big cut????  Just wondering.....
  • Like 1

Stella I can not speak from personal experience but a few of my friends on BB have had exactly what you describe happen to them...they just could not tolerate the LT...

that is the biggest reason I will not go that route...to scared to make anymore changes

ok thanks for your reply, now wondering if anyone who had this happen pressed through and it went over for them and they could do the LT?  I sooo want this to work for me...!!! 

I was a "little" hesitant when starting my liquid taper probably causing some iffy moments.  It wasn't hard after Builder helped me with my schedule and I believe it is best for  me.  Now is it best for all ... I do not know.  Seems to me it should be a more gentle way to taper but we are all different, so do what you are comfortable doing!!

Stella for some reason and I still do not know why I could not do a liquid taper - it felt like I was not taking anything and this was after many months of trying to adjust to it.  I ended up tapering using the gram scale - do I wish liquid worked for me, yes I do, but if it doesn't work there are alternatives to liquid. I would give your body more time to adjust to the liquid dose - and if it doesn't work for you so be it - then just get a gram scale and micro taper using your pill weight. 

sorry, I don't mean to be a whiner, but are there people who can't take liquid taper?  I am on my third day of LT and I just keep getting worse, weaker and sicker, really feeling like I made a big cut????  Just wondering.....

Stella - I am doing my taper off K with a combination of tablet, and a compounded liquid from a pharmacy.  I started my taper with both the tablet and liquid, and my experience has been good.  The recommendation I was given on this thread at the very beginning of my taper was to hold my dose for a week when I started the liquid, so my body could adjust.  Perhaps like KGirl suggested, your body needs more time to adjust to the liquid.  Hopefully someone who successfully switched to a LT after being symptomatic will comment on their experiences.  Just a thought, could there be a problem with the way your dosing, or the way you combined your liquid, if you made it yourself??  Best of luck.

Finnie

Thanks so much all of you, I will give it more time....and you have given me somethings to think about...I believe we are dosing correctly, and mixing it exactly as we were told, but it might be that I am just taking a bit more time to adjust, I just didn't expect such strong symptoms, almost like a big cut....I will hang in there for awhile, and hopefully it will start to work for me...I really want it to!!

Hi Stella, I just need to chime in, I am now on a liq taper, and I have to tell you when I first started, I

was so sick for a while, and it was right away, and I went into it with an open mind, I do not think any

thing I did was wrong, I followed everything to a T. I held on for 1 1/2 weeks, then held at last dose

and stayed there for less than a month and then I restarted again, and lo and behold I am doing well

sure there have been sx's, but since this is my third attempt at taper, this time is so much different, and

I am going really slow. Anyway I have read that there are some that have some type of problem when

they switch over, and believe me, I was really sick, and I have not been that sick before with cuts. Right

now I just completed my second course of liquid taper and I am on my own super imposed hold, of two

months, I found that holding for one month did not help, had more sx's, but mild, but have always held

for two months or more, and I think my body is used to it. So what I would suggest, if it keeps getting

bad for you, hold at the dose you on the day you stop, and wait and stabilize, then restart. I just love

not having to shave dry pills ever again, the Liquid taper is great.

Can anyone tell me where to get some information on micro-tapering? I cut to .25 about 5 days ago and am slammed with bad w/d. A lot of numbness and pain and I can't sleep because my hands hurt so badly. Afraid to cut again--worried I won't even be able to hold here. Any info would be really helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

Can anyone tell me where to get some information on micro-tapering? I cut to .25 about 5 days ago and am slammed with bad w/d. A lot of numbness and pain and I can't sleep because my hands hurt so badly. Afraid to cut again--worried I won't even be able to hold here. Any info would be really helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

That sounds like a harsh cut.  If it was recent maybe it would be good to put it back, then try a daily microtaper.  We can help you here.

Stella Bee: The point of doing any micro taper is to allow you to get off of the benzo using a 'ramp' vs a staircase.  Many of us have put in holds when needed but on the liquid or dry cut method we usually are able to slow our pace or the amt we taper as we get side effects.  The liquid allows you to make very small cuts on the way down. Dry cut you can get to .001 gram cuts and that is about the lowest cut you can do.  If I felt so sick on the liquid that I would need to hold for months at a time I personally would try something else - but that is me.  I know others put in very long holds and do okay that way.  It is up to you to decide what works for you but as I said before for some of us  and I was one of them I never could get stable on the liquid. When I went back to the same dose using the pills I felt better.  So give it some time and then determine 'how you feel' no one else can do this for you since we are all so different and then do whatever you feel will work best for you. 

Bluepill: If you want to do a dry microtaper the Klonopin support group has many people tapering this way. Even if you just need support everyone there will help you.  If you want to do liquid SG and others here will help you.  A .25mg cut is huge at your dose.  Five days off is when you would expect to get 'hit' from a cut of klonopin.  If you are feeling better by the time you read this then I would hold at where you are, otherwise I would do exactly what SG says and go back up so you can then do a slow micro taper down using liquid or a dry cut micro taper. 

Kgirl, completely agree that Stella must do  the best for her, and I am sorry the liq taper did not work for you. The only reason I hold so long,and that

is my own way, is because I have been doing it since I started on my third taper, so far working well for me. When I first started to liq taper, I was sick

on day one, and you know the rest, and I do think that not everything works for everyone. But the goal is still the same for all of us. Get off of these

blasted benzo's that have taken so much from us, and we then can reclaim our Life. Best to you.  :smitten:

BeGood: I read your progress log every day so I know what a struggle this has been for you.  We all need to do what we can to get off of these drugs- so we do whatever works.  Yep I hate these benzos and I do wish I could take the liquid I think it is a more accurate way of cutting but I can't so we just, as you say, do what we have to do to.  And we  need to take it one day a time.  :smitten:

That sounds like a harsh cut.  If it was recent maybe it would be good to put it back, then try a daily microtaper.  We can help you here.

Ditto. That was a 50% cut? Ouch. Go back. Hold. Then start over. Liquid titration recommended.

Ditto. That was a 50% cut? Ouch.

Thanks for all responses. I so appreciate it. Am I in the right place for micro-tapering advice? I think I will try and hold here as I don't want to go back up but I'm not doing great. I've got a lot of work stuff and I need to get through this. The liquid tapering just sounds so complex for my addled mind to wrap head around. Am I over-reacting? I'm not great with little details these days and it sounds like a lot of equipment and prepping, etc?

Bluepill the liquid taper is very easy to do as is the dry cutting micro taper.  Everyone will help you work out how to do it but you may want to go back a bit on this group and see how it is done. Once you get used to it you will wonder why you ever thought it was hard to do.  I truly believe it is the way to go when we get down to the low doses.  Many of us have succeeded in getting off using the micro taper method.

Thanks for all responses. I so appreciate it. Am I in the right place for micro-tapering advice? I think I will try and hold here as I don't want to go back up but I'm not doing great. I've got a lot of work stuff and I need to get through this. The liquid tapering just sounds so complex for my addled mind to wrap head around. Am I over-reacting? I'm not great with little details these days and it sounds like a lot of equipment and prepping, etc?

...a lot of equipment?  A 1ml and 10ml oral syringe (free at most pharmacies), and a re-purposed glass food jar with gasketed lid.  Nope, not much equipment.

Please help me i need to stsrt tapering but idk if anyone here has had this experience but after reinstating ive gotten sicker and sicker and feel chemical torment and torture so bad that its like im in ct.... i dont know if this is a wave. Im on 7.5 mg ativan a day and if i updose it doesnt help. Whats going on how do i get stsble i haven't been able to get stable ever since my first detox attempt but they say that once you ct if you reinstste thst you cant stsbilize and it makes some people worse that seems to be me... wgmhat are my options im on methadone also im having such bad chemical torture that i litterally cannot hold on another moment i need help. I dont know where to go i cant do detox but i cant hand these symptoms the akathisia and torment

They are saying to taper off but how long would it take to taper 7.5mgativan on a daily micro taper someone please help help me figure this out

Ditto. That was a 50% cut? Ouch.

Hi Gardner,

I was just thinking about you and wondered how you were doing.  I do not post much on the forum anymore, so I thought I would PM you. The PM doesn't work so now I am posting on the micro taper board.  Things have been crazy at work, and I am just trying to keep things going. I really hope that you are doing better.  The last post I read of yours was about your new doctor and how you were worried that he/she will not keep prescribing.  I know the feeling. I am also worried my doc will stop prescribing, but I do have a lot of tablets stockpiled, so unless I have to updose or hold for too long I should be okay.

Things are certainly not going as well with this taper.  I remember my first taper being a breeze compared to this.  I hold more than I cut.  I have been holding again for the last three weeks. I did not have to hold once during my first taper. I have only cut from 0.240 mg/day down to 0.216 mg a day since Christmas.  It is crazy.  I have days where I feel great, and then the symptoms hit.  It has been pretty bad at times.  It is hard to believe that such a small dosage can cause so much havoc in life.

Well, I had better get to bed. I have a long long day tomorrow at work.

I hope that you are having a better time of  it now.

((HUGS))  Anne xoxox