Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I have been operating under dictum (K)eep (I)t ((S)imple (S)tupid.

The micro-titration seems very simple but it is definitely more involved that my pill splitting and popping. As nit-picky as it sounds,I thought I'd save myself a few steps in the measuring and washing up department by consolidating my dosage to one batch. Since these pills exercise a degree to control over my life, I found the idea of taking one dosage and forget about it very appealing. I was also hoping that by taking my full medication before bedtime I wouldn't have so much trouble with my becoming more frequent early morning wake-ups.

Thank you so much builder and Sg57 for your feedback. It's nice to know someone is listening.

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but this is the group I've even following most closely and you all have been very helpful.

My question is this:

I've been tapering from 1mg of clonzaepam using the c/h method. When I reach .5mg I'm planning on switching to liquid titration. My doses have always been split for AM and PM. When I switch to liquid I'm thinking it would be simpler to make my batch and not hassle with splitting it between two doses. I'd like to just down the whole thing before bedtime.

Any suggestions, opinions, or experiences with changing the dosage this way? Does it make a difference?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Why don't you just try a single daily dose and see how it goes.

BTW, not really sure why taking 2 doses of liquid would be any more difficult than taking 2 doses of pills.  ::)

Hi! I'm currently doing a liquid taper off .25. mg. of Clonazapam once daily. I've crushed the .25 mg., put it in 100 ml. of water and let it dissolve as much as possible. Thus far (in almost 2 months), I've pulled 22 ml. of liquid. I could use some help with the taper but don't want to begin all over again. I fear that my practitioner won't give me enough med to complete the taper as safely as possible.

Modify message

Hi! I'm currently doing a liquid taper off .25. mg. of Clonazapam once daily. I've crushed the .25 mg., put it in 100 ml. of water and let it dissolve as much as possible. Thus far (in almost 2 months), I've pulled 22 ml. of liquid. I could use some help with the taper but don't want to begin all over again. I fear that my practitioner won't give me enough med to complete the taper as safely as possible.

Modify message

Good job going slow.  What would you like help with?

If I would like to substitute Propylene glycol for the vodka in my LT would I use the same amount as the vodka?

Ativan?  We do not have data for how much ativan PG dissolves, but we know PG is used by Roxane to make liquid ativan.  I would guess a 1 to 1 swap would be fine as this would work for both V and K (which we do have data on).

Rough patch...

All input welcome. Someone said Builder was a good source.

.003 mg cut in a c/c/h pattern. Too much. Cuts seem to catch up. Thinking maybe c/h/h/h may be better. Just looking for some relief. Oh and exercise has become a no no. I ran a half marathon in April... Gotta love it...

Rough patch...

All input welcome. Someone said Builder was a good source.

.003 mg cut in a c/c/h pattern. Too much. Cuts seem to catch up. Thinking maybe c/h/h/h may be better. Just looking for some relief. Oh and exercise has become a no no. I ran a half marathon in April... Gotta love it...

c/c/h is equivalent to .002mg/day.  c/h/h/h is equivalent to .00075mg/day.  That's a low rate and at your dose might be appropriate.

So SG57 it seems like my c/c/h may be too fast. .17 mg pill weight for reference. Agree?

It depends on how dependent you are.  I've seen some lighter-dependent people sail off with a cut like that.  But most people would find it too fast, yes.

I ordered the gear recommended earlier. It's on its way now. Even so I've been tapering carefully using the 1ML syringe. I'm now at 3.96MG of Valium. So far, so good.

Oh, and I found a doctor here with some understanding of benzodiazepines who's willing to prescribe liquid Valium here in Australia so I can continue the taper with the same method. He is very familiar with the Ashton Manual and has written paper on overuse of benzos. That's how I found him. He hadn't heard of micro-tapering, but was quite impressed with what people have figured out and said it seemed very sound.

My current routine is liquid tapering (1mg-100ml) & draw what I need to toss for my dose and then eyeball 3 doses for the day.

I had to updose yesterday and today to compensate for a mistake in dosing yesterday morning. Quite a big one for me - .5 ml.  I've been tapering at a rate of .1 ml per week for some months, so this amount overnight has me freaked out. 

My question is:  After two days of trying to right this, will I have to stay at this increase and start decreasing again from that, or is there another way out of this??  I am highly sensitive to the smallest cuts so if I need to stay here to ride it out for another few months I will, but your input would be greatly appreciated.

My current routine is liquid tapering (1mg-100ml) & draw what I need to toss for my dose and then eyeball 3 doses for the day.

I had to updose yesterday and today to compensate for a mistake in dosing yesterday morning. Quite a big one for me - .5 ml.  I've been tapering at a rate of .1 ml per week for some months, so this amount overnight has me freaked out. 

My question is:  After two days of trying to right this, will I have to stay at this increase and start decreasing again from that, or is there another way out of this??  I am highly sensitive to the smallest cuts so if I need to stay here to ride it out for another few months I will, but your input would be greatly appreciated.

1mg in 100ml is .01mg/ml so .5ml is .005mg.  What is your dose?  How much did you increase to?

SG....hellllooo..I am back the ignoramous

I wanted to try to keep cuts at 5% once I got down more

what I want is to be rid of .5mg every 14 days at least for this cut

so now what?

so I already have shaved pills for a week cutting .002 off each day  then it struck me that this will not come out to cutting .5mg by the end of 2 weeks

my last pill I shaved weighs .158

how much should I shave to get to .5mg off in another week?

so sorry to trouble you

SG....hellllooo..I am back the ignoramous

I wanted to try to keep cuts at 5% once I got down more

what I want is to be rid of .5mg every 14 days at least for this cut

so now what?

so I already have shaved pills for a week cutting .002 off each day  then it struck me that this will not come out to cutting .5mg by the end of 2 weeks

my last pill I shaved weighs .158

how much should I shave to get to .5mg off in another week?

so sorry to trouble you

These are 2mg V pills?  And they weigh ~.170g?  .002g a day is a good amount to cut.  That's about .7mg a month, which is just below 10%.  If you want to cut .5mg in 14 days you'd need to shave off .003g a day.  But the way you seem to be feeling I would be inclined to keep the cut smaller.  Taper based on symptoms, not a mg goal.

1mg in 100ml is .01mg/ml so .5ml is .005mg.  What is your dose?  How much did you increase to?

My dose is .524 mg/day.  I increased to .578.

My dose is .524 mg/day.  I increased to .578.

So you cut from .529mg to .524mg.  That got you into trouble so you updosed to .578mg?  That is very sensitive.  The way I look at it, if you were okay at .529mg (the original dose) and you were down low only for a day, then you were missing .005mg.  You have now spent two days at a much higher dose so you have excess.  This is like a rescue dose as it has only been two days and it is probably not too late to go back to .529mg (the original dose) and hold there for things to settle down.

I think I've been unclear.  My apologies.

I was at a dose of .524mg for several weeks and updosed yesterday morning to .578. I tried to make up for an error in calculation which told me I was "short" 5.4ml (.054mg) in my liquid dose for the day.  I didn't actually feel the cut because I saw the error in the measurements beforehand.

This is a huge amount for me as I have been tapering at a rate of .01mg per WEEK or 10 days for a long time due to persistent symptoms.

Would it be unsafe for me to return to my original dose of .524mg tomorrow or should I come down more slowly to get back to it?  I know it's only been one day but I am ultra sensitive to cuts and have been cutting and holding very small amounts for several months.

I have already taken two of three doses today and feel ok, but don't want to crash if I suddenly drop down tomorrow by .054mg in one shot.

Thank you so much.

I think I've been unclear.  My apologies.

I was at a dose of .524mg for several weeks and updosed yesterday morning to .578. I tried to make up for an error in calculation which told me I was "short" 5.4ml (.054mg) in my liquid dose for the day.  I didn't actually feel the cut because I saw the error in the measurements beforehand.

This is a huge amount for me as I have been tapering at a rate of .01mg per WEEK or 10 days for a long time due to persistent symptoms.

Would it be unsafe for me to return to my original dose of .524mg tomorrow or should I come down more slowly to get back to it?  I know it's only been one day but I am ultra sensitive to cuts and have been cutting and holding very small amounts for several months.

I have already taken two of three doses today and feel ok, but don't want to crash if I suddenly drop down tomorrow by .054mg in one shot.

Thank you so much.

I'm still confused, but I will try to answer.  It sounds like you were at .524mg and felt okay.  Then you made a mistake and accidentally updosed to .578mg for a day?  In that case there should be no problem going back to .524mg as it amounts to a one-day rescue dose, which should not cause any problems.