Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

SG,

This makes no sense, but I am doing worse on 4 doses. I have the last dose larger. The issue is now the morning and early afternoon are worse. I think I am going to just go back to what I was doing before 7mgs when I wake up, 6mgs 8 hrs later, and 7mgs before bed. I felt fine doing that. I just had some ID WD and was afraid it might become worse as I got lower. This is the first time I have not felt stable enough to cut since starting V. This is the longest I have had to hold. I haven't even been feeling my cuts. Another weird thing is I am getting worse ID WD with four doses. My heart is beating a lot, which is something I can deal with, but hasn't happened in awhile. I also have some paresthesia which has not happened since I made a too big K cut. My body is telling me that this isn't working. I shouldn't have changed all my doses in one day, but I also should be stabilized by now. Everything you said made so much sense. The way my body works with meds does not make a lot of sense to me. With K I added doses slower, but they always helped. I am thinking today to dose the same way and tomorrow start going more slowly back to three doses. I don't if you have any thoughts. I know it makes no sense. Thanks for helping me!

Ahhh, this is frustrating.  The bottom line is always go with what works, but I don't understand what is happening.  The night dose is about the same and the day doses have been spread more.  How does that add up to symptoms?  Does your metabolism vary over the day?  Faster early and slower later?  I have no idea if the body's metabolism cycles over the day.  I've always assumed it's constant around the clock.  IDK what to say.  I have a feeling this would all work out over time if you stayed with it, but I agree that it makes practical sense to go back to what worked.

SG,

I am back at 3 doses and doing better. I think I will go back to the way I was in a day or two becasue I just switched back to 3 doses. Very frustrating and I have no clue why 4 doses wasn't better or at least the same. I dont think my metabolizing of meds would change through out the day, but I don't have a clue. I never realized how differently I metabolized meds until this taper. I do take my protonix in the am and pm. I am a rapid metabolizer of it as well (of course). It slows down the metabolizing of both K and V even more so. Thanks for always helping me...I know I am a complicated case

got my new gemini-20 scale in today, thank goodness, as all the cuts I remeasured on the other scale were way off, I calibrated the new scale, and got the cuts back to where there supposed to be .0472g.....well I go to .047grams, as the scale does not provide me the fourth number.....here's to a better taper?!

:smitten::thumbsup:

Ok heres the scoop

I have a Horizon Pro-20A scale

2mg diazepam (Teva) weighs average .168 (10 piils)

I am at 7.5mg  3mg am /  4.5mg pm

I would like to keep cuts at 5-7%

I would love to be able to get rid of .5mg every 14 days until that % becomes to high

I have last 2 cuts did C&H .5mg

so if you could give me the schedule on how to shave these to achieve that I would be so grateful

thank you

might add that when I calibrated with 10g weight it comes out to be .9979...so not to accurate

Ok heres the scoop

I would love to be able to get rid of .5mg every 14 days until that % becomes to high

so if you could give me the schedule on how to shave these to achieve that I would be so grateful

thank you

might add that when I calibrated with 10g weight it comes out to be .9979...so not to accurate

A 2mg V pill weighing .168g means each .001g on the scale is .0119mg V.  A 5% cut off 7.5mg is .375mg, which is .031g.  So you'd need to make the 2mg pill weigh .031g less.

I'd urge you to consider breaking that cut up into smaller cuts.  It does not have to be daily microtaper to get some benefit out of cutting smaller.  You can still reduce the shock some by breaking it into smaller cuts.

I would not worry about the scale being off by a little.  It is much more important that it reproduce the same measurement than it is to be absolutely accurate.

SG question based on your answer to Lainey  - if I wanted to cut 1 mg a month how much would I shave off per day?  I assume if I wanted to cut .5mg a month I would just cut that amt in 1/2 or  add in additional holds?  Thanks

SG question based on your answer to Lainey  - if I wanted to cut 1 mg a month how much would I shave off per day?  I assume if I wanted to cut .5mg a month I would just cut that amt in 1/2 or  add in additional holds?  Thanks

1mg a month would be .033mg a day, so whatever that is for the pill weight you have.  For Lainey it would be .0028g a day.  And yes, to get .5mg a month you'd just cut half as much - .0014g a day.

so im on this forum too but doing a weekly taper, but I want to check this out more as well...

as per sig, I'm doing the c/h taper 5% off every week, here is my question to ya'll, is doing a daily taper cut better, say when I get down to the 2mg of Ativan daily, do you guys find you feel better and/or less w/d sxs's with daily micro taper rather than weekly? Curious as I only had one good day since I started..............have yet to find a doc to V me, and still taking the evil K at night,

every night i take it (2mgK), and I hate it, I look at the bottle and say geezez $%^&* Christmas, sigh, not again, I cant wait to be rid of you too.........

Boo to the A, & boo to the K, benzos suck.....big doggie doo doo!!!!!!!

thanks in advance,

:smitten:

Kat

so im on this forum too but doing a weekly taper, but I want to check this out more as well...

as per sig, I'm doing the c/h taper 5% off every week, here is my question to ya'll, is doing a daily taper cut better, say when I get down to the 2mg of Ativan daily, do you guys find you feel better and/or less w/d sxs's with daily micro taper rather than weekly? Curious as I only had one good day since I started..............have yet to find a doc to V me, and still taking the evil K at night,

every night i take it (2mgK), and I hate it, I look at the bottle and say geezez $%^&* Christmas, sigh, not again, I cant wait to be rid of you too.........

thanks in advance,

Kat

Yes, it is less shock.  It is a ramp path, not a step path.  For a given rate, a daily cut keeps the drug in your body longest so that the drug can work for you to help with symptoms.

Ok heres the scoop

thank you

A 2mg V pill weighing .168g means each .001g on the scale is .0119mg V.  A 5% cut off 7.5mg is .375mg, which is .031g.  So you'd need to make the 2mg pill weigh .031g less.

I'd urge you to consider breaking that cut up into smaller cuts.  It does not have to be daily microtaper to get some benefit out of cutting smaller.  You can still reduce the shock some by breaking it into smaller cuts.

I would not worry about the scale being off by a little.  It is much more important that it reproduce the same measurement than it is to be absolutely accurate.

I want to make the cuts smaller and I am sorry if I sound ignorant...math was/is not my strong point (although right now I have NO "strong" point)  so I take the .031 and divide that by 14 and that's what I shave off everyday?  I guess what I now need to know is what do I shave off each day? 

I can then slow this down and do some holds in between days too....just do not want to become any sicker then I already am!!!    thank you SG for taking the time for me

SG, I need to have someone spell it out for me because I can not think at ALLLLLLL

so this Monday will be when I am "due" to cut again

what schedule do you suggest I try, what shall I cut each day say

I want to make the cuts smaller and I am sorry if I sound ignorant...math was/is not my strong point (although right now I have NO "strong" point)  so I take the .031 and divide that by 14 and that's what I shave off everyday?  I guess what I now need to know is what do I shave off each day? 

I can then slow this down and do some holds in between days too....just do not want to become any sicker then I already am!!!    thank you SG for taking the time for me

SG, I need to have someone spell it out for me because I can not think at ALLLLLLL

I've been there...I know what you are going through.  Yes, .031g is 5% of your dose so to reduce by that much every 14 days, divide by 14.  .031g/14=.0022g.  Round down to .002g.

In other words, shave off .002g from a 2mg pill each day to reduce 5% every 14 days.

My doctor just cut me down to 45 0.5 mg. Ativan pills a month...I was going to start MLT this Friday but would need 60 pills to do it...my dose is .6mg a day and I was going to cut .002 a day, but I am supposed to put 2 pills in the vodka each day, and I won't have 60 pills, so I might have to stick with a dry daily cut.  What would be comparable to .002 cut a day in a daily dry cut...would I do the same? 

My doctor just cut me down to 45 0.5 mg. Ativan pills a month...I was going to start MLT this Friday but would need 60 pills to do it...my dose is .6mg a day and I was going to cut .002 a day, but I am supposed to put 2 pills in the vodka each day, and I won't have 60 pills, so I might have to stick with a dry daily cut.  What would be comparable to .002 cut a day in a daily dry cut...would I do the same?

Your dose is .6mg so that is a need of 18mg a month.  45 .5mg pills is 22.5mg a month so there is enough if you don't waste any liquid...and there is no reason you have to.  You can either draw up your exact dose each day or recycle your toss.

No, you do NOT have to make a new dose each day.  As SG said, you can either make a bigger batch and just draw whatever you need each day, or if you make a daily dose, just save the remainder.  The bigger batch idea is probably a better approach, IMO.

thanks in advance,

Kat

Yes, it is less shock.  It is a ramp path, not a step path.  For a given rate, a daily cut keeps the drug in your body longest so that the drug can work for you to help with symptoms.

thanks SG, ill think about it some more, love my BB's................

SG, I've never thought about a daily taper from this perspective before. Very enlightening...and makes complete sense to my befuddled brain.  :)

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but this is the group I've even following most closely and you all have been very helpful.

My question is this:

I've been tapering from 1mg of clonzaepam using the c/h method. When I reach .5mg I'm planning on switching to liquid titration. My doses have always been split for AM and PM. When I switch to liquid I'm thinking it would be simpler to make my batch and not hassle with splitting it between two doses. I'd like to just down the whole thing before bedtime.

Any suggestions, opinions, or experiences with changing the dosage this way? Does it make a difference?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

I've been there...I know what you are going through.  Yes, .031g is 5% of your dose so to reduce by that much every 14 days, divide by 14.  .031g/14=.0022g.  Round down to .002g.

In other words, shave off .002g from a 2mg pill each day to reduce 5% every 14 days.

THANK YOU...you are the best....can not tell you how much I appreciate your time and help

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this but this is the group I've even following most closely and you all have been very helpful.

My question is this:

I've been tapering from 1mg of clonzaepam using the c/h method. When I reach .5mg I'm planning on switching to liquid titration. My doses have always been split for AM and PM. When I switch to liquid I'm thinking it would be simpler to make my batch and not hassle with splitting it between two doses. I'd like to just down the whole thing before bedtime.

Any suggestions, opinions, or experiences with changing the dosage this way? Does it make a difference?

It depends on how fast you metabolize.  If you need two doses a day one will not be enough and you will experience interdose symptoms.  So, in that case it does matter.  If you really only needed one dose then it won't matter.  Most people need at least two doses of K a day.

Hello everyone!

My question is this:

Why don't you just try a single daily dose and see how it goes.

BTW, not really sure why taking 2 doses of liquid would be any more difficult than taking 2 doses of pills.  ::)

Took my first dose of liquid Ativan this morning and feel like I have taken a big cut....normal?  I know it shouldn't make any difference between the dry cut and liquid, but I feel like I have cut....do I just keep on going?

Took my first dose of liquid Ativan this morning and feel like I have taken a big cut....normal?  I know it shouldn't make any difference between the dry cut and liquid, but I feel like I have cut....do I just keep on going?

This is very common...we don't know why it happens, but seems to happen more often than not.  I'd hold until it passes.