Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Marija,

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I think of you often and wish you well. I hope you can find a way to stabilize soon! I know others near you dose or dose equivalent often have a hard time. I wish I could be of help. I am sure others will. Sending you lots of love! :hug:

XO Maya

[f8...]

Marija,

I am so sorry you are having a rough time. I think of you often and wish you well. I hope you can find a way to stabilize soon! I know others near you dose or dose equivalent often have a hard time. I wish I could be of help. I am sure others will. Sending you lots of love! :hug:

XO Maya

Maya,

Always thinking of you too.  :smitten: I'm not able to post often with children and job responsibilities (trying), but always log in to check your progress when I do. Your notes are always uplifting and encouraging.

Thank you!

Sorry to read you have hit a bump in the road as well. Like you, I'm a rapid metabolizer for 1 of the V pathways so follow your progress with interest.

💗🌺

Builder:  Just one more question....someone is going to print out a spreadsheet for me and she wants to know how many tenths of a  ml I am going down a day....I know .002 mgs, is it the same in mls?  Thanks!!  Would .02 be right?  ::)

Just look at the schedule I posted. You are cutting .002mg per day, which is .2ml.

Your making a solution with a 1mg per 100ml ratio. Each ml of you liquid will contain .01mg of ativan.  So when you reduce by .2ml liquid, you are taking .002mg less ativan.

[f8...]

SG, Builder, all with experience,

I need help.

This is my 3rd attempt at tapering but will fast forward to the fall of 2015.

Following a compounding Xanax capsule error, in the fall of 2015, a dropped decimal cut my X dose 98% instead of 2.5%, I eventually fully crossed and "stabilized" on 7 mg of V.

Although symptomatic, but functional, I held the 7 mg for 40 days before trying a .5 mg cut and hold. I held for 14 days then cut .25 mg.

Held for 16 days and couid not recover.

I updosed back to 6.5. I've been holding that dosage since 1/28, experienced a few good days followed by many horrific days, particularly pre and post period. 

My goal is to "stabilize" to move forward with a liquid MT. I have the prescription for liquid V 5 mg/5 ml.

How do I "stabilize" to be able to begin?

Continue holding?

Updose back to 7 mg?

Marija

Reposting. Builder, SG. Help.

I need help.

Following a compounding Xanax capsule error, in the fall of 2015, a dropped decimal cut my X dose 98% instead of 2.5%, I eventually fully crossed and "stabilized" on 7 mg of V.

Although symptomatic, but functional, I held the 7 mg for 40 days before trying a .5 mg cut and hold. I held for 14 days then cut .25 mg.

I updosed back to 6.5. I've been holding that dosage since 1/28, experienced a few good days followed by many horrific days, particularly pre and post period. 

My goal is to "stabilize" to move forward with a liquid MT. I have the prescription for liquid V 5 mg/5 ml.

Continue holding?

Updose back to 7 mg?

Marija

Sorry I missed this first time around.

It sounds like the cut shocked your CNS.  Updosing can be hit or miss...it may help, it may not.  You could try it.  Otherwise, keep holding until you feel ready to taper.  In the meantime you could spread and even out your dose, if it is not already.

[f8...]

I need help.

Continue holding?

Updose back to 7 mg?

Marija

It sounds like the cut shocked your CNS.  Updosing can be hit or miss...it may help, it may not.  You could try it.  Otherwise, keep holding until you feel ready to taper.  In the meantime you could spread and even out your dose, if it is not already.

Thanks, SG,

Yes, cut and hold does not work for me. My CNS is angry.

I know this is hard to say for sure, but how will know when I am able to move forward with my MT?  I've been symptomatic my entire taper and want to try and avoid another major wall.

Another 2 weeks?  Month?

[f8...]

I need help.

Continue holding?

Updose back to 7 mg?

Marija

Thanks, SG,

I know this is hard to say for sure, but how will know when I am able to move forward with my MT?  I've been symptomatic my entire taper and want to try and avoid another major wall.

Another 2 weeks?  Month?

Forgot to add how I'm currently dosing.

7:30 am - 2 mg

2:30 pm - 2 mg

10:30 pm - 2.5 mg

All tablets still.

Thanks, SG,

Another 2 weeks?  Month?

Forgot to add how I'm currently dosing.

7:30 am - 2 mg

2:30 pm - 2 mg

10:30 pm - 2.5 mg

All tablets still.

That's pretty close to even dosing.  Good job.  You'll want to keep 6mg liquid and take just the .5mg with your Roxane liquid.  Good to get the liquid started to get used to it.  And also choose a dilution: 10/1 or 100/1.

It's hard to say when you should begin tapering.  It is very subjective and you are the best judge.  But you do not need to be symptom-free.

[f8...]

Thanks, SG,

Another 2 weeks?  Month?

[/quote

That's pretty close to even dosing.  Good job.  You'll want to keep 6mg liquid and take just the .5mg with your Roxane liquid.  Good to get the liquid started to get used to it.  And also choose a dilution: 10/1 or 100/1.

It's hard to say when you should begin tapering.  It is very subjective and you are the best judge.  But you do not need to be symptom-free.

Okay.

If my body can release the extreme muscle discomfort and soften the morning blasts, I will take that as my opportunity to begin tapering.

Builder has provided calculations for a 9:1 solution, dropping .02 ml per day.

Until then, I will try holding for 2 more weeks and begin replacing my .5 mg tablet with liquid.

Thank you.

Hi SG57, and other Buddies - I would like some tapering advice.  In my last post on this thread I was considering dosing my K twice a day, but decided to keep my dose to once daily.  I am currently cutting .005mg every 3rd day - the equivalent of .0017 mg a day. Now that I know the ratio to dilute my Rx K with water, and I have a handle on my symptoms, I would like to move back to daily tapering.  My plan to make this transition is to start cutting from every 3rd day (c/h/h), to every 2nd day (c/h), hold for about a week, and then start daily cuts of .002mg.  If my symptoms are manageable at .002mg per day, I might then try daily tapering to .003 mg per day.

I would like to try and accomplish 2 things - return to daily tapering, and increase my tapering rate.

Does my plan to transition to daily tapering look reasonable - any comments, suggestions?

As always, thank you.  Finnie

It is reasonable, but I don't think it is necessary.  If you are already successfully tapering by cutting .005mg every three days you can just switch to .0017mg a day...it's the same rate.  If you want to try .002mg a day I think you can just do it immediately.

Thanks SG, I guess my thinking was whenever a change is made to the way you taper, it should be done gradually. 

Hi all

I hope you are all ok, I am not having a good time, I have so much pain in my body I am on 0.75mg at night K.

I am stuck, this is all new to me and I want to start MT. I have bought a gram scale for dry cut and I have 150ml K 0.5mg per 5ml

I also have tablets of 2mg and 0.5mg etc...

I am so confused I dont know how to design my plan to reduce daily I am pretty sensitive I do not suffer of panic attacks (except when i went C/T in Nov 2015)

I take L theanine 200mg x 3 a day that helps me with the anxiety a lot, I have a healthy diet I take warm baths every day, I go to my chiropractor every saturday, I stretch and exercise more when i can i meditate and do controlled breathing exercises as well as listen to alpha and delta brain waves...

But I can't bear the pain in my back and neck and head sometime ... i wonder when i will feel i am ready to cut again I need to what you call "stabilize" but I dont know if that means to feel somehow normal ...

I am stuck i don't know how and when to cut, my doctor doesnt have a clue thank god he at least gives me all i ask

I work, I am starting to forget stuff... feeling fatigued .. I think i cut too quickly from 1mg to 0.75mg ( I hope it is showing in my sig!)

Thank you for this group I am new here please help

Cyth  :smitten:

Hi all

I hope you are all ok, I am not having a good time, I have so much pain in my body I am on 0.75mg at night K.

I am stuck, this is all new to me and I want to start MT. I have bought a gram scale for dry cut and I have 150ml K 0.5mg per 5ml

I am so confused I dont know how to design my plan to reduce daily I am pretty sensitive I do not suffer of panic attacks (except when i went C/T in Nov 2015)

I take L theanine 200mg x 3 a day that helps me with the anxiety a lot, I have a healthy diet I take warm baths every day, I go to my chiropractor every saturday, I stretch and exercise more when i can i meditate and do controlled breathing exercises as well as listen to alpha and delta brain waves...

But I can't bear the pain in my back and neck and head sometime ... i wonder when i will feel i am ready to cut again I need to what you call "stabilize" but I dont know if that means to feel somehow normal ...

I am stuck i don't know how and when to cut, my doctor doesnt have a clue thank god he at least gives me all i ask

I work, I am starting to forget stuff... feeling fatigued .. I think i cut too quickly from 1mg to 0.75mg ( I hope it is showing in my sig!)

So your dose is .75mg and you have 150ml of .5mg/5ml K liquid, 2mg and .5mg tabs, and a scale.

How many doses?

The liquid is kind of strong for accurate cutting, but if you can dilute it you should not need the scale.  Can you tell more about it?

I need help.

Continue holding?

Updose back to 7 mg?

Marija

Thanks, SG,

Another 2 weeks?  Month?

Hi Marija :hug: I did cut and hold and then went over to micro liquid tapering, and my sxs are very severe and I've been tapering  slow but now feel that maybe I went to quickly while being very symptomatic to micro tapering. I've held a few times this last year of MT for 2 to 3 weeks each time, but to no avail, so now I'm going to hold for as long as it takes before continuing my taper as its all to much to try push it while suffering severely. The last time things were harsh I held for 3 months and what a difference!!  ;D

It was a huge help and allowed me to continue my taper, unfortunately in a time of panic and anxiety I got scared by all the talk about ''tolerance'' setting in, and its best to get off the drugs asap and still cut while suffering? I wanted to see if others found it helpful to hold longer, and started a thread about it and the longer holders over 3 months or more before the next cut are doing the best on here with and either have less symptoms and are able to live life fully while tapering or no symptoms at all. :thumbsup:

Based on my long hold and the experiences of other long holders I now believe that's the best route to take than to follow what seems to be becoming ''forum protocol'' and keep going no matter what. :(  And I took too much notice of other peoples opinions on the matter  because they were ''old hands'' at this game rather than do what's best for me out of fear. :D Our bodies are on along journey and like every long distance traveller they need long breaks, people who travel the world stop of in different countries for months or a lot longer each time, they don't do a different country each day unless their out to break some kind of record.  ::)

And the only thing we break by going too fast is ourselves, we're not in a race and we're not going to break any healing records by ploughing on when our bodies are screaming for a longer break and bringing us to a stop trying to get the message through to us. I know no taper is guaranteed to be symptom free but at least its way better to have symptoms that you can continue living your life than living your symptoms and barely surviving. While I am grateful for all the help and advice I received on BB, at the end of the day we have to be totally responsible for ourselves and learn to use or own judgement on what's best for us as individuals.  :)

Advice is not the absolute truth but a point of reference , and we have to find out what's best for us by changing tactics at times if needed and being our own advisor, as the quote says' ''you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result'' so try another angle.  ;) "success is a journey not a destination'' How quickly we get there is of no relevance, just that we keep going forward until we do.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all

So your dose is .75mg and you have 150ml of .5mg/5ml K liquid, 2mg and .5mg tabs, and a scale.

How many doses?

The liquid is kind of strong for accurate cutting, but if you can dilute it you should not need the scale.  Can you tell more about it?

Hi

I have a box of 28 tablets 2mg

Another box of 56 tablets 0.5 mg

150 ml of 0.5mg 5ml per 0.5ml

I currently take 1/4 of 2mg = 0.5 mg and 1/2 of 0.5mg = 0.250 mg

So I take 0.750mg at night

I was thinking about the gram scale to do MT dry cuts to get to 0.5mg

Not sure which rate though and the liquid to dilute it in a cylinder of 100 ml and MT until the end

That's as far as I am at ... don't know how much to cut and how often

The 10% cut and wait seem to hit me badly :/

I'm not sure when I should start tapering again as I'm so scared I'm a bit more stable today with a lot of effort feeling drained

Does this give you more info ?

Thank you x

Hi Marija :hug: I did cut and hold and then went over to micro liquid tapering, and my sxs are very severe and I've been tapering  slow but now feel that maybe I went to quickly while being very symptomatic to micro tapering. I've held a few times this last year of MT for 2 to 3 weeks each time, but to no avail, so now I'm going to hold for as long as it takes before continuing my taper as its all to much to try push it while suffering severely. The last time things were harsh I held for 3 months and what a difference!!  ;D

It was a huge help and allowed me to continue my taper, unfortunately in a time of panic and anxiety I got scared by all the talk about ''tolerance'' setting in, and its best to get off the drugs asap and still cut while suffering? I wanted to see if others found it helpful to hold longer, and started a thread about it and the longer holders over 3 months or more before the next cut are doing the best on here with and either have less symptoms and are able to live life fully while tapering or no symptoms at all. :thumbsup:

Based on my long hold and the experiences of other long holders I now believe that's the best route to take than to follow what seems to be becoming ''forum protocol'' and keep going no matter what. :(  And I took too much notice of other peoples opinions on the matter  because they were ''old hands'' at this game rather than do what's best for me out of fear. :D Our bodies are on along journey and like every long distance traveller they need long breaks, people who travel the world stop of in different countries for months or a lot longer each time, they don't do a different country each day unless their out to break some kind of record.  ::)

And the only thing we break by going too fast is ourselves, we're not in a race and we're not going to break any healing records by ploughing on when our bodies are screaming for a longer break and bringing us to a stop trying to get the message through to us. I know no taper is guaranteed to be symptom free but at least its way better to have symptoms that you can continue living your life than living your symptoms and barely surviving. While I am grateful for all the help and advice I received on BB, at the end of the day we have to be totally responsible for ourselves and learn to use or own judgement on what's best for us as individuals.  :)

Advice is not the absolute truth but a point of reference , and we have to find out what's best for us by changing tactics at times if needed and being our own advisor, as the quote says' ''you can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result'' so try another angle.  ;) "success is a journey not a destination'' How quickly we get there is of no relevance, just that we keep going forward until we do.

:thumbsup:

Hi

Not sure which rate though and the liquid to dilute it in a cylinder of 100 ml and MT until the end

I'm not sure when I should start tapering again as I'm so scared I'm a bit more stable today with a lot of effort feeling drained

Thank you x

28 x 2mg = 56mg

56 x .5mg = 28mg

150ml x .5mg per .5ml or 5ml??

2mg K tablets are not workable for dry cutting in any form at your dose.  What I would do is liquify them so you can split them accurately.  They are not useful otherwise.

Quartering pills is not a good idea.

I need to know the liquid strength and also what liquid it uses.

Is once a day dosing enough?

You need to get things squared away first before you can taper.

:thumbsup:

This brings to mind something Shipko said. He mentioned in his Xanax book how a person may be unable to tolerate cuts at one point and then a few months later do fine with the same cuts. He thinks it was just timing but perhaps it was actually the hold. What I have trouble with is how I find standing still to be depressing in and of itself. And, I've been nudged along by my prescriber. Changing back to prescribing by my primary next month when my psychiatrist leaves, so we'll see what her approach is. Sometimes we have no choice but to go with our prescribers pace, sadly. :-\

This brings to mind something Shipko said. He mentioned in his Xanax book how a person may be unable to tolerate cuts at one point and then a few months later do fine with the same cuts. He thinks it was just timing but perhaps it was actually the hold. What I have trouble with is how I find standing still to be depressing in and of itself. And, I've been nudged along by my prescriber. Changing back to prescribing by my primary next month when my psychiatrist leaves, so we'll see what her approach is. Sometimes we have no choice but to go with our prescribers pace, sadly. :-\

You could drop the taper into low gear and taper with very small cuts to keep the feeling you are at least moving forward.  It's an option.

SG,

This makes no sense, but I am doing worse on 4 doses. I have the last dose larger. The issue is now the morning and early afternoon are worse. I think I am going to just go back to what I was doing before 7mgs when I wake up, 6mgs 8 hrs later, and 7mgs before bed. I felt fine doing that. I just had some ID WD and was afraid it might become worse as I got lower. This is the first time I have not felt stable enough to cut since starting V. This is the longest I have had to hold. I haven't even been feeling my cuts. Another weird thing is I am getting worse ID WD with four doses. My heart is beating a lot, which is something I can deal with, but hasn't happened in awhile. I also have some paresthesia which has not happened since I made a too big K cut. My body is telling me that this isn't working. I shouldn't have changed all my doses in one day, but I also should be stabilized by now. Everything you said made so much sense. The way my body works with meds does not make a lot of sense to me. With K I added doses slower, but they always helped. I am thinking today to dose the same way and tomorrow start going more slowly back to three doses. I don't if you have any thoughts. I know it makes no sense. Thanks for helping me!

Marija,

Thank you so much! I was doing good Mon. I switched to four doses to help ID WD and I feel worse. I have no idea why. I notice you are dosing 3X. How is that going for you? I hope since it is only CYP2C19 that you metabolize rapidly, it is easier for you with dosing. I know you have enough that makes it harder. I hope you got some helpful info at your Dr's appt. I look at your progress too. I think you are doing amazing especially with all that you have going on. I hope you are able to stabilize soon. I once held for a little over two months. It was in the beginning of Summer/end of Spring. I now think that I should have updosed to stabilize quicker. I did stabilize after a month and a half. I held longer because I became depressed. I think that has to with the death of my close friend. Updosing is tricky though and doesn't always help. I have also since others make a small cut and feel better. I try to just listen to my body and trust my instincts and take others opinions into account. It sounds like a liquid MT will be smooth for you at your dose. I have high hopes for that helping you. I know you will be benzo free and get better! I just hope it gets easier for you! Always thinking of you! If you want to talk PM me. I know you have a lot going, so if you don't I understand that as well. Big hugs! :hug:

I just noticed that you take your first dose and then your second 7 hrs later and then the thirs 8 hrs later and it's a tiny bit higher. I was wondering if there was a specific reason why? Maybe that would make sense for me.

Nova,

I am glad long holds have helped you. We are all so different. I am glad you did what was best for you and listened to your body and not others. You deserve a break. I hope things continue to be easier for you!  :smitten:

Gard,

You are such a kind and wonderful person. It makes me so sad that you are having a rough time. I am like you in the fact that psychologically it can be bad for me not to be making progress. I will not cut if I am not stable though. As you know, my baseline has not been good for many years. I like SG's idea for you to cut a little bit for right now and you will be moving forward and it will give you a boost. I am really hoping your primary will just listen to your pdoc. I think she will. My fingers are crossed and sending you lots of love!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

XO Maya

SG,

This makes no sense, but I am doing worse on 4 doses. I have the last dose larger. The issue is now the morning and early afternoon are worse. I think I am going to just go back to what I was doing before 7mgs when I wake up, 6mgs 8 hrs later, and 7mgs before bed. I felt fine doing that. I just had some ID WD and was afraid it might become worse as I got lower. This is the first time I have not felt stable enough to cut since starting V. This is the longest I have had to hold. I haven't even been feeling my cuts. Another weird thing is I am getting worse ID WD with four doses. My heart is beating a lot, which is something I can deal with, but hasn't happened in awhile. I also have some paresthesia which has not happened since I made a too big K cut. My body is telling me that this isn't working. I shouldn't have changed all my doses in one day, but I also should be stabilized by now. Everything you said made so much sense. The way my body works with meds does not make a lot of sense to me. With K I added doses slower, but they always helped. I am thinking today to dose the same way and tomorrow start going more slowly back to three doses. I don't if you have any thoughts. I know it makes no sense. Thanks for helping me!

Ahhh, this is frustrating.  The bottom line is always go with what works, but I don't understand what is happening.  The night dose is about the same and the day doses have been spread more.  How does that add up to symptoms?  Does your metabolism vary over the day?  Faster early and slower later?  I have no idea if the body's metabolism cycles over the day.  I've always assumed it's constant around the clock.  IDK what to say.  I have a feeling this would all work out over time if you stayed with it, but I agree that it makes practical sense to go back to what worked.

Thank you  :smitten:

Hi

Thank you x

28 x 2mg = 56mg

56 x .5mg = 28mg

150ml x .5mg per .5ml or 5ml??

2mg K tablets are not workable for dry cutting in any form at your dose.  What I would do is liquify them so you can split them accurately.  They are not useful otherwise.

Quartering pills is not a good idea.

I need to know the liquid strength and also what liquid it uses.

Is once a day dosing enough?

You need to get things squared away first before you can taper.

HI guys, i bought a scale, I think the wrong one, its giving me I found inaccurate readings, ugh, whats the best one for c/h

is this Gemini one below good?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I bought this one below:

Horizon PRO-20A 0.001g / 20g High Precision Digital Milligram Gram Scale 20 x 0.001g Electronic Scale Balance Weight

and it sucks

or any other suggestions, don't mind buying a new one to get the correct dose for my taper plan

'hugs in advance

TY\ :smitten:

HI guys, i bought a scale, I think the wrong one, its giving me I found inaccurate readings, ugh, whats the best one for c/h

is this Gemini one below good?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012TDNAM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I bought this one below:

Horizon PRO-20A 0.001g / 20g High Precision Digital Milligram Gram Scale 20 x 0.001g Electronic Scale Balance Weight

and it sucks

or any other suggestions, don't mind buying a new one to get the correct dose for my taper plan

'hugs in advance

TY\ :smitten:

Lainey, i bought the gemini scale for anout 25 dollars on amazon. I think a lot of scale taperers have that one. Thing is, since its a gram scale and we cut so small it will not be all out acurate.

Your pills can vary a bit in weight when you weigh them on either scales.

Most people weigh around ten pills and then take the average.

Have you calibrated your scale? Thats important.

Also, if you put a little weight on it ( gemini comes with additional weights) it will help, too.

Also, as been said, consistency is more important than accuracy.

Of course you want to get as close as you can. But in the end you will have cut the pill and taken all of it, after a week or two ( or however long it will take uou to taper your cut). On valium you have a bit of more wiggle room to, imo.

Did you know that Etown started a scale support group somewhere last year? You will find lots of info there too .

That is all i can help with, i think. Not sure if it helps, though.

Sorry its been so rough.