Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I can certainly try and thank you all for bearing with me.  Today I took .0625 during the day divided up across the day. Still getting used to taking it in the day. Thats a quarter of a .25 pill, right? Thats so far. Tonight I will take .60 xanax. (A whole .5 pill and a little less than a quarter of a .25)

And 2.5 ambien.

I think thats right.

I also take lots of homeopathic stuff in the hopes that it helps and I know it aint gonna hurt but Im realistic...

I can certainly try and thank you all for bearing with me.  Today I took .0625 during the day divided up across the day. Still getting used to taking it in the day. Thats a quarter of a .25 pill, right? Thats so far. Tonight I will take .60 xanax. (A whole .5 pill and a little less than a quarter of a .25)

And 2.5 ambien.

I think thats right.

I also take lots of homeopathic stuff in the hopes that it helps and I know it aint gonna hurt but Im realistic...

Now I get the whole picture. This sounds so much like what my psych nurse was trying to do to me when I was a wreck. Both my primary and my new psychiatrist told me that I was in daytime withdrawal and the reason was the uneven dosing. They both told me to even my dosing and possibly switch to a longer acting med (which I eventually did). Not everyone needs to but most people on short-acting meds with run into trouble eventually. In my case, it was only a matter of moths before I was in trouble. I am a very fast metabolizer and, apparently, become tolerant and dependent quickly. The switch to even dosing around the clock worked for me. Then I was able to start my taper.

Will wait for the math guru (SG) to chime in now. ;)

And 2.5 ambien.

I think thats right.

So today you will take .0625mg+.6mg+.0625mg=.725mg.  Is that your daily dose?  What I would do is find a daily dose you feel good on and take it every day.  Spread it out through the day if you have interdose symptoms.  Dose evenly in both time and amount.  Do not estimate your doses.  Maybe try four doses, one every six hours.  Then Ambien is extremely short acting.  I'd either get rid of it first or cross it to X.

.0625 daytime, .60 nighttime on x and 2.5 ambien. I intend to get rid of the ambien too just havent planned that far yet. Not gonna try to taper just yet after this but I sure look forward to being able to.

Can anyone tell me- If a .25 pill weighs .128 how much would my .0625 dose weigh?

I need to find a dose I feel ok at. This sweat/ stiff burning muscles and racing heart never happened in the middle of the night before...

Can anyone tell me- If a .25 pill weighs .128 how much would my .0625 dose weigh?

I need to find a dose I feel ok at. This sweat/ stiff burning muscles and racing heart never happened in the middle of the night before...

Well, I'm pretty sure you mean If a .25mg pill weighs 128mg how much would my .0625mg dose weigh? 

.25/.0625=4, so .0625 is 1/4 of the pill dose value.  So the weight of a 1/4 of the total weight would be 128/4=32mg. (or .032g)

KBB, you are very special because you lured another math guru out of the woodwork! ;)

Hi, builder! :D

As for whatever those equations were, my sleep deprived benzo brain knows this: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

Gard

Thank you for the numbers SG and Builder. I am going to try 015 g every 4 hours if I can make it that long. If I cant- like last night I woke up and was shaking every few hours- Im wondering if mine has become fast metabolizing and I can cut back my big night dose. It may be mostly IDWD , I just dunno, in which case I may end up needing to cross to a longer acting drug. Gard is librium less " depressing" than valium? Seems that one really messed with a lot of folks...

Thank you for the numbers SG and Builder. I am going to try 015 g every 4 hours if I can make it that long. If I cant- like last night I woke up and was shaking every few hours- Im wondering if mine has become fast metabolizing and I can cut back my big night dose. It may be mostly IDWD , I just dunno, in which case I may end up needing to cross to a longer acting drug. Gard is librium less " depressing" than valium? Seems that one really messed with a lot of folks...

I've never taken V, but once I got above 30mg/day of L, I found (find) it depressing. Pretty awful at first but lessening. Looking forward to getting lower on the L again.

The new furnace is in. Will hold one more day while I get my basement back in order (what a mess) and rest up. First time in ages I've had to be out of my house all day. Sunday I start my MT again. :)

About a week into my MT. . . I just seem to be getting anxiety at the night times. . . but very mild, and I'm not really ready to attribute it to the drug. . I think it's more anticipation anxiety . . Like I believe I'm gonna get slammed sometime soon. . . But I've only tapered 2.6ml/150ml so far. . . something like .026mg out of 1.5mg

1.474. WOOP.

Any ideas on a solid monthly % rate for someone who wants to keep symptoms minimum? or is it basically totally individualized like everything lol. I don't mind going slower so long as I'm able to keep up with my classes and what not. I can't be non functional right now.

I hope you get some answers soon. Its very frustrating to feel so confused!

I was hoping to get some updated advice too. I had a good day taking .0312 every 4 hours but could not figure out how to divide up my nighttime dose so I took my big .5 at bedtime and another .0312 at 2 AM. Sadly thats miscalculating because it needed to come to .625 total day dose. No wonder I cant get stable and had a headache from hell last night.  Today I will take .0612 at 6 am noon and 6 pm and figure out the best way to divide the remainder for the night. Since I just got my scale last week Lord only knows what doses I was taking. I know its not ideal but I just cant evenly divide it up yet and function but I hope this gets me closer to stability. Thanks again for the math help and encouragement.

builder/SG57:

I have some more questions. First I need to dose Val a lot because I am a rapid metabolizer. 2nd I don't know what to buy except for the pills an the vodka. I need to dose the Val 4X daily. Once I am at 15 mg, how should I dose, and how much should I take out? And how often? I want this taper to be slow slow slow. Is there a math equation for progressive drops? No, I am not going to get the liquid Val. I think the vodka will be more accurate and I hear the liquid can get difficult to get used to. I heard it was weaker than pills. Thank you very much.

Bets

About a week into my MT. . . I just seem to be getting anxiety at the night times. . . but very mild, and I'm not really ready to attribute it to the drug. . I think it's more anticipation anxiety . . Like I believe I'm gonna get slammed sometime soon. . . But I've only tapered 2.6ml/150ml so far. . . something like .026mg out of 1.5mg

1.474. WOOP.

Any ideas on a solid monthly % rate for someone who wants to keep symptoms minimum? or is it basically totally individualized like everything lol. I don't mind going slower so long as I'm able to keep up with my classes and what not. I can't be non functional right now.

You're on your way with 8% a month to begin.  From there you can adjust upwards if you think that makes sense to try (you don't have to complete an entire month before making a change...two or three weeks is long enough to assess).  It is a searching process individual to you.  No one knows a specific number.

I was hoping to get some updated advice too. I had a good day taking .0312 every 4 hours but could not figure out how to divide up my nighttime dose so I took my big .5 at bedtime and another .0312 at 2 AM. Sadly thats miscalculating because it needed to come to .625 total day dose. No wonder I cant get stable and had a headache from hell last night.  Today I will take .0612 at 6 am noon and 6 pm and figure out the best way to divide the remainder for the night. Since I just got my scale last week Lord only knows what doses I was taking. I know its not ideal but I just cant evenly divide it up yet and function but I hope this gets me closer to stability. Thanks again for the math help and encouragement.

That sounds like a huge clue that spreading your dose is going to help you.  Aren't you also on Ambien?  That needs to be included as a benzo dose.

builder/SG57:

I have some more questions. First I need to dose Val a lot because I am a rapid metabolizer. 2nd I don't know what to buy except for the pills an the vodka. I need to dose the Val 4X daily. Once I am at 15 mg, how should I dose, and how much should I take out? And how often? I want this taper to be slow slow slow. Is there a math equation for progressive drops? No, I am not going to get the liquid Val. I think the vodka will be more accurate and I hear the liquid can get difficult to get used to. I heard it was weaker than pills. Thank you very much.

Bets

Aren't you currently at like 70mg?  Why worry about the details of 15mg now?  You just find the right cut that keeps you feeling well, no matter the dose.  No one knows specifically what that will be and it is a year or more in the future.

The prescribed manufacturers liquids are very good products to taper with.  They make it easy.  They do contain some PG and sometimes PEG, but the amount you take is small as with those products you only want to liquify a small part of the dose.

You're doing a smart taper.  Keep taking your time.

That sounds like a huge clue that spreading your dose is going to help you.  Aren't you also on Ambien?  That needs to be included as a benzo dose.

Yes Ambien at 2.5. I guess I just omit it because Im so focused on the xanax. I will be tapering off of it as well but not until I get some semblance of normalcy. I was glad to see you equated it to such a low dose of xanax. Funny thing about ambien, taking more of it never did anything but with xanax it definitely did. Ambien at 2.5 was the same as ambien at 5. But less ambien is a very bad night for me. I understand it needs to be addressed though- thank you for the reminder!

Yes Ambien at 2.5. I guess I just omit it because Im so focused on the xanax. I will be tapering off of it as well but not until I get some semblance of normalcy. I was glad to see you equated it to such a low dose of xanax. Funny thing about ambien, taking more of it never did anything but with xanax it definitely did. Ambien at 2.5 was the same as ambien at 5. But less ambien is a very bad night for me. I understand it needs to be addressed though- thank you for the reminder!

X is A x40...it is 40x more potent.  So think of 2.5mg A as .0625mg X, but with a ridiculously short half life.  It would be good to get rid of it, either by tapering it first or crossing it to X.  A drug with a HL that short is not doing you any favors.

X is A x40...it is 40x more potent.  So think of 2.5mg A as .0625mg X, but with a ridiculously short half life.  It would be good to get rid of it, either by tapering it first or crossing it to X.  A drug with a HL that short is not doing you any favors.

Well aaaargh. I guess Im scared to try and get off two things at once. I will try incorporating a tiny taper a night off the ambien and see how it goes. For now Im worried that since Im nowhere near stable at night on the xanax dosing if I mess with the ambien I wont know when Im stable on the xanax. I cant even work my weights out for today. I messed it all up. At least I started right and have time to figure out the night. Thanks again!

builder/SG57:

Bets

Aren't you currently at like 70mg?  Why worry about the details of 15mg now?  You just find the right cut that keeps you feeling well, no matter the dose.  No one knows specifically what that will be and it is a year or more in the future.

The prescribed manufacturers liquids are very good products to taper with.  They make it easy.  They do contain some PG and sometimes PEG, but the amount you take is small as with those products you only want to liquify a small part of the dose.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  The Rx liquid is  more consistant and uniform than tablets, more physically stable than any home brew, and is not "weaker".  Most folks have no problem adjusting to liquid.  And it will only be a small %age of your total dose.

Can anyone help me with a daily micro taper plan that wont cost alot of money. Or guide me to the correct place. Currently on 7.5mg diazapam.

Can anyone help me with a daily micro taper plan that wont cost alot of money. Or guide me to the correct place. Currently on 7.5mg diazapam.

Sure.  V has several choices, none of which cost much.  What are your pill sizes?

builder/SG57:

Bets

SG:

I will take my time, but worry worry and worry is my middle name. Another Q. When I begin my 70 mg, I plan to do C/T until I reach 15 mg. 1. How often should I cut. Two or three weeks? Is there a math equation you can give me in order to do a progressive one? I wan to drop 5% at a time. Thanks,

Bets

Well aaaargh. I guess Im scared to try and get off two things at once. I will try incorporating a tiny taper a night off the ambien and see how it goes. For now Im worried that since Im nowhere near stable at night on the xanax dosing if I mess with the ambien I wont know when Im stable on the xanax. I cant even work my weights out for today. I messed it all up. At least I started right and have time to figure out the night. Thanks again!

Another stupid question- what does crossing it into X mean, incorporating it into my xanax dose?

SG:

I will take my time, but worry worry and worry is my middle name. Another Q. When I begin my 70 mg, I plan to do C/T until I reach 15 mg. 1. How often should I cut. Two or three weeks? Is there a math equation you can give me in order to do a progressive one? I wan to drop 5% at a time. Thanks,

Bets

Did you mean to say cut and hold?  The way I look at it, the bigger the cut, the harsher the symptoms, and the more days it will take to recover from it, so the cuts should be small, and daily cutting is optimal to control symptoms.  To me, needing a week to recover from a cut is making this unnecessarily hard.  Needing two or three weeks is making it brutally hard.  I recommend breaking the 5% drop into daily cuts.  If you want to cut 5% every two weeks break it into 5%/14 days=.36% a day.  If you want to cut 5% a month break it into 5%/30 days=.17% a day.  Whatever your rate, break it up into daily cuts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ra...]
    • [No...]
    • [An...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [No...]
    • [...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [am...]