Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

It has been along time since I posted anything.  I have been doing a really slow M/T since june.  I am down to .25 mg.  Almost there.  Tapered during radation for cancer.  That was very interesting.  I am almost done with this drug. 

GIWM...

Good for you!  Congratulations on getting down to .25mg!  And during radiation treatment.  I'll bet it was interesting.  I hope SG comes back online this evening but maybe he is out, enjoying life.  I hope so! 

SG...

For whenever you return.

I'm beginning to think again about a MT.  Not sure where I will start it.  Maybe on 2/8 when I hit approx. .5 mg or maybe when I get to .3 mg which will be further down the road.  In any case, I wondered what you think about the timing.  I know, I know...it's not about the speed, it's about tapering safely.  I'm on day 5 of my last cut.  Days 4-7 to 8 are usually the worst in terms of w/d sxs: mine again are ear sxs and increased muscle tension, anxiety and probably other things I'm not thinking of.  Most of the day today I felt fine...like 95% fine -- right now I have ear pain and pressure and hyperacussis,,sigh...we are going out and I'd be happy to stay in but it was my idea!  :D

As you know, I quit the first attempt at MT after a week or so and went back to a more consistent C/H than I'd been doing to date.  So far so good.  But if you have any thoughts on when to begin a MT again, considering what I have been able to tolerate fairly well (5% every 10 days or 15% a month).

What do you think I could expect to do with a MT?  Anyone else who has a view, please chime in.

Thanks -- didn't read backwards so just a  :thumbsup: to giwm.

Mana 

GIWM,

Wait a minute....I just re-read your post and signature....you said you were at 6.25 mg in June and are at .25 now?  That dosn't sound slow but maybe Temazepam is quite different than Klonopin or Xanax.  Or even Valium.

Wait for people to wake up tomorrow for answers!

Just a P.S.  And a bit of hope :)..... My ear sxs were just a bad but short-lived wave earlier this evening.  I did go out...to a bluegrass concert (!!)...forgot about my symptoms..and even though the music was loud it was great.  But the time we got home, it was time for my night time dose of K (chips already...I have no idea what the pill box will look like at .25???!!!)

Anyhow, we will await other opinions tomorrow.

SG - Thank you for your reply and suggestions from my Dec post!  I have been cutting .005ml every 3rd day from the liquid portion of my dose, and it has been going better - I also think the 3 weeks I was off from work during the Christmas break helped with my symptoms!

I'm interested in dosing the K twice a day as you suggested, to see if it helps with my symptoms.  I'm currently taking one dose at bedtime.  I'm not even sure if it's still helping with my sleep, but my hesitation in dosing twice a day is that it might mess with my sleep, (which is not great anyway) and that by adding a dose during the day it might make me sleepy.... but I'm willing to try.

My other hesitation is accurately measuring out the compounded K.  The reason I've stuck to the pattern of cutting and holding I'm doing, rather than going back to cutting daily is b/c I can measure it  out in .005 ml increments - the 5 little lines inbetween each .005 ml on my 1 ml syringe are not friendly to my eyes!  I am currently taking a .05 mg tablet and the rest in liquid.

Am I making this more complicated than I need to?  My goal is to successfully cut twice a day, and if that goes well, than try to cut more often.  Any suggestions most welcome!

My overflowing thanks to you, and everyone else in this group.

I take it when you write .005ml you mean 0.05ml.  I know what you mean about the lines.  five lines is my minimum for cutting - below that is too hard to deal with.  The solution is to dilute the liquid, if you can.  Or a .5ml syringe might also do the trick.

To dose twice a day just split your dose evenly in half - split the pill in half and split the liquid in half.

SG...

For whenever you return.

I'm beginning to think again about a MT.  Not sure where I will start it.  Maybe on 2/8 when I hit approx. .5 mg or maybe when I get to .3 mg which will be further down the road.  In any case, I wondered what you think about the timing.  I know, I know...it's not about the speed, it's about tapering safely.  I'm on day 5 of my last cut.  Days 4-7 to 8 are usually the worst in terms of w/d sxs: mine again are ear sxs and increased muscle tension, anxiety and probably other things I'm not thinking of.  Most of the day today I felt fine...like 95% fine -- right now I have ear pain and pressure and hyperacussis,,sigh...we are going out and I'd be happy to stay in but it was my idea!  :D

As you know, I quit the first attempt at MT after a week or so and went back to a more consistent C/H than I'd been doing to date.  So far so good.  But if you have any thoughts on when to begin a MT again, considering what I have been able to tolerate fairly well (5% every 10 days or 15% a month).

What do you think I could expect to do with a MT?  Anyone else who has a view, please chime in.

Thanks -- didn't read backwards so just a  :thumbsup: to giwm.

Mana

Mana, The bottom line is if something works you have a path off.  I think MT is always appropriate as I think it will always improve on a step cut.  When you think about what is going on it almost has to help; the ramp path is optimal.  Here and there there are people like you who feel better with C/H.  I don't doubt you feel better, but am skeptical about the reason.  To me, MT makes sense in a very basic way that is hard to ignore: it keeps the drug in the body longer to help with symptoms.  A ramp is the optimal path for this, there is no getting around it.  At the same time I keep an open mind that a step cut might somehow benefit some people in a way not known to us.

You are cutting 5% every 10 days.  The MT version of this rate is .5% a day.  There are also many other choices in between these extremes if you do not want to cut daily.  5% is a lot to lop off so I'd encourage you to experiment with these smaller cuts - 1% every other day; 2% every four days; 3% every six days...

SG - Thank you for your reply and suggestions from my Dec post!  I have been cutting .005ml every 3rd day from the liquid portion of my dose, and it has been going better - I also think the 3 weeks I was off from work during the Christmas break helped with my symptoms!

I'm interested in dosing the K twice a day as you suggested, to see if it helps with my symptoms.  I'm currently taking one dose at bedtime.  I'm not even sure if it's still helping with my sleep, but my hesitation in dosing twice a day is that it might mess with my sleep, (which is not great anyway) and that by adding a dose during the day it might make me sleepy.... but I'm willing to try.

My other hesitation is accurately measuring out the compounded K.  The reason I've stuck to the pattern of cutting and holding I'm doing, rather than going back to cutting daily is b/c I can measure it  out in .005 ml increments - the 5 little lines inbetween each .005 ml on my 1 ml syringe are not friendly to my eyes!  I am currently taking a .05 mg tablet and the rest in liquid.

Am I making this more complicated than I need to?  My goal is to successfully cut twice a day, and if that goes well, than try to cut more often.  Any suggestions most welcome!

I take it when you write .005ml you mean 0.05ml.  I know what you mean about the lines.  five lines is my minimum for cutting - below that is too hard to deal with.  The solution is to dilute the liquid, if you can.  Or a .5ml syringe might also do the trick.

To dose twice a day just split your dose evenly in half - split the pill in half and split the liquid in half.

Yes, I do mean 0.05ml...  This is where it gets complicated for me - diluting my compounded liquid.  What are my options?  My pharmacy told me the smallest syringe they have is 1ml, not that I couldn't source out a .5ml, if that exists, and is my best option.

Do you have an opinion on my concern about dosing K during the day, and it impairing my function - specificaly, making me sleepy.

You see, I have not shared with my Employer what is going on, but I'm managing to make it work- in part b/c my job is such that some days I can flex my time by doing my paperwork at home in the evening, and have part of my day to rest up.  I am a Social Worker, so I can also have unpredictable intense days with a fair bit of driving - thus my concern.

Thanks SG, 

Finnie   

Yes, I do mean 0.05ml...  This is where it gets complicated for me - diluting my compounded liquid.  What are my options?  My pharmacy told me the smallest syringe they have is 1ml, not that I couldn't source out a .5ml, if that exists, and is my best option.

Do you have an opinion on my concern about dosing K during the day, and it impairing my function - specificaly, making me sleepy.

You see, I have not shared with my Employer what is going on, but I'm managing to make it work- in part b/c my job is such that some days I can flex my time by doing my paperwork at home in the evening, and have part of my day to rest up.  I am a Social Worker, so I can also have unpredictable intense days with a fair bit of driving - thus my concern.

Thanks SG, 

Finnie 

.5ml syringes exist - insulin maybe?  They are out there, but not as common as 1ml.  But the best way to do it is to dilute the liquid.  How you do this depends on what your compounded liquid is made of.  Maybe you could talk to your pharmacist.

As for dosing during the day, most people become tolerant to benzos and the effects wear off, especially sleep.  Sleep effects usually wear off in a few weeks.  But if this does not happen for you then it doesn't.

Thanks SG, 

Finnie 

.5ml syringes exist - insulin maybe?  They are out there, but not as common as 1ml.  But the best way to do it is to dilute the liquid.  How you do this depends on what your compounded liquid is made of.  Maybe you could talk to your pharmacist.

As for dosing during the day, most people become tolerant to benzos and the effects wear off, especially sleep.  Sleep effects usually wear off in a few weeks.  But if this does not happen for you then it doesn't.

SG - I just spoke with my pharmacy, and they use a syrup called Ora sweet to dilute my K.  I will talk to the compounding guru pharmacist tomorrow about THEM diluting my current solution, as the pharmacist I spoke with today said they could likely manage that, rather than me messing around with it.  This would be wonderful in going forward, as I would like to start cutting daily again, and see if I can manage bigger cuts down the road. 

My grateful thanks again.  Finnie

Thanks SG, 

Finnie 

Your employer does not need to know what is going on. All you have to do is get a doctor's note and take it to your HR. They do not need details. Only what the doctor is recommending for disability.

Thanks SG, 

Finnie 

Your employer does not need to know what is going on. All you have to do is get a doctor's note and take it to your HR. They do not need details. Only what the doctor is recommending for disability.

You are right Crash Bandicoot, they do not need to know - thanks for the reminder.  I believe in transparency, to a fault at times, but I have to be aware of all current and future considerations that this kind of disclosure could mean for me.

Thanks for your input.  Finnie

SG - I just spoke with my pharmacy, and they use a syrup called Ora sweet to dilute my K.  I will talk to the compounding guru pharmacist tomorrow about THEM diluting my current solution, as the pharmacist I spoke with today said they could likely manage that, rather than me messing around with it.  This would be wonderful in going forward, as I would like to start cutting daily again, and see if I can manage bigger cuts down the road. 

Well there you go, they are suspending it with Ora Sweet.  It should be simple matter for them to just add more.  You can buy Ora Sweet and Ora Plus yourself if you wanted to do it yourself.

Well there you go, they are suspending it with Ora Sweet.  It should be simple matter for them to just add more.  You can buy Ora Sweet and Ora Plus yourself if you wanted to do it yourself.

...or you can dilute it up to 1:1 with water.

Thanks, SG, just saw your reply to my post now.  But did you mean 5% or .5%?  Not sure what .5% is equal to.  What I was wondering was what would the equivalent to 15% a month (or 5% every 10 days) be in MT?  It's very likely that I didn't give the MT enough time.  In other words, my body and mind didn't have time to adjust to the MT as it was a change from what I had been doing.

Also, I had not expected to feel ANY w/d sxs from the MT, surely a misinterpretation on my part, and when I did, I went back to C/H.  No matter...I'm sure I will begin to MT sooner or later - at the very latest once I hit .3 mg.  So I am just preparing myself for the changeover.  I may choose the MT as soon as the cut after next - that is, once I reach .5 mg.  So in a way, it's not too far off to begin planning.  ;)

So...the question is simply:  how to replicate my current pace with a MT.

I'll be patient!!

Thanks as always,

Mana  :)

Thanks, SG, just saw your reply to my post now.  But did you mean 5% or .5%?  Not sure what .5% is equal to.  What I was wondering was what would the equivalent to 15% a month (or 5% every 10 days) be in MT?  It's very likely that I didn't give the MT enough time.  In other words, my body and mind didn't have time to adjust to the MT as it was a change from what I had been doing.

Also, I had not expected to feel ANY w/d sxs from the MT, surely a misinterpretation on my part, and when I did, I went back to C/H.  No matter...I'm sure I will begin to MT sooner or later - at the very latest once I hit .3 mg.  So I am just preparing myself for the changeover.  I may choose the MT as soon as the cut after next - that is, once I reach .5 mg.  So in a way, it's not too far off to begin planning.  ;)

So...the question is simply:  how to replicate my current pace with a MT.

I'll be patient!!

Thanks as always,

Mana  :)

I meant .5% (half of 1%).  You taper 5% every 10 days.  5% divided by 10 is .5% a day.  An easy way to figure your doses is to multiply yesterday's dose by .995.

For example, if your current dose is .550mg and you decided to begin MT you would just keep multiplying yesterday's dose by .995 to get your new dose...

d1: .995 x .550mg = .547mg

d2: .995 x .547mg = .544mg

d3: .995 x .544mg = .542mg

and so on...

I hope that isn't confusing.  What most people end up doing is finding a cut and sticking with it instead of recalculating daily.  They then watch their rate and keep it under some percentage for the month.  It's just easier this way.

Hi,

I came by to get some advice. I am planning a switch to MT because my dose of K is getting lower and the whole taper is getting harder. I have a 0.05mg/ml suspension made from ora-sweet/ora-plus.  How do plan on a good starting cut. I tried on my own, for a couple of days, and have cut 0.004mg a day. The number was arbitrary and just easy to calculate. I am wondering now if I am missing something. I am not sure I am entirely understanding how the dose is effecting the body...and what symptoms I should be looking forward to. 

Thanks

HT2

Got it, SG.  That makes sense.  Especially finding a cut that works and sticking with it until either it seems one can go more quickly or needs to slow down.  Thanks so much.  :)

Got it, SG.  That makes sense.  Especially finding a cut that works and sticking with it until either it seems one can go more quickly or needs to slow down.  Thanks so much.  :)

It seems like Ashton does it this way. She just sticks to the same cut until very low and says adjust if you need to as you go. At least that's what I remember from when I looked at her charts. Can't find them at the moment. Too loopy! :idiot:

Wait...I thought I got it!  SG, what does that translate into in terms of grams and a set amount?  What about .001g every other day, as in c/h/c/h?  Or would that take me significantly over 15% per month?  I recall you saying that .001g c/h/h would equal approx. 13% per month.  At least I think that's what I tried before.

Clona came around to make suggestions for another BB about beginning a MT at .29mg and then calculated that it would take 100 days to taper to essentially zero assuming all went well.  But I can't recall what the cut rate was.  Clona, maybe, if you see this in the next few days you could respond.  Or SG, you are such a whiz, you might be able to figure it out.  I think it takes some Algebra!!! Solving for X and all that....  :D

Hi everyone. It's not a benzo anymore but I would like to do a micro taper off my seroquel. It's giving me lot's of problems.

I read about the 1:1 but could I do a 1:10? Because my syringe only goes to a ml. I know there's a lot already told on the thread but I'm way to brain fogged to read everything (it's a long thread)

Hope someone can help me out.

I saw a clip where you shake a jar really hard and then take out the liquid you don't take. So it is evenly dispersed through out the liquid.

Hi,

I came by to get some advice. I am planning a switch to MT because my dose of K is getting lower and the whole taper is getting harder. I have a 0.05mg/ml suspension made from ora-sweet/ora-plus.  How do plan on a good starting cut. I tried on my own, for a couple of days, and have cut 0.004mg a day. The number was arbitrary and just easy to calculate. I am wondering now if I am missing something. I am not sure I am entirely understanding how the dose is effecting the body...and what symptoms I should be looking forward to. 

Thanks

HT2

Your sig says your dose is .142mg K.  You have a .05mg/ml liquid.  Your dose is low so I would use a daily cut of about .00075mg to begin with and see how it goes.  This would be .015mls.  Even on a 1ml syringe this is tiny...just one and a half tick marks.

Wait...I thought I got it!  SG, what does that translate into in terms of grams and a set amount?  What about .001g every other day, as in c/h/c/h?  Or would that take me significantly over 15% per month?  I recall you saying that .001g c/h/h would equal approx. 13% per month.  At least I think that's what I tried before.

Clona came around to make suggestions for another BB about beginning a MT at .29mg and then calculated that it would take 100 days to taper to essentially zero assuming all went well.  But I can't recall what the cut rate was.  Clona, maybe, if you see this in the next few days you could respond.  Or SG, you are such a whiz, you might be able to figure it out.  I think it takes some Algebra!!! Solving for X and all that....  :D

Your dose looks to be .56mg?  You have .5mg pills and they weigh ~.170g?  Then each .001g on the scale is ~.0029mg K.  .0029mg divided by .56mg = .52%...just about exactly the daily amount you want to cut.  So if you cut .001g every day it would be 5.2% every 10 days (15.6% a month).  If you want to bring it down a little just hold one or two days a month.  You don't need to go to ccch or cch yet.

Hi everyone. It's not a benzo anymore but I would like to do a micro taper off my seroquel. It's giving me lot's of problems.

I read about the 1:1 but could I do a 1:10? Because my syringe only goes to a ml. I know there's a lot already told on the thread but I'm way to brain fogged to read everything (it's a long thread)

I saw a clip where you shake a jar really hard and then take out the liquid you don't take. So it is evenly dispersed through out the liquid.

We can help with liquid tapering in a general way for Seroquel, but really for a drug like that you need to go to survivingantidepressants.org...they handle APs over there.  You need to dilute enough so that you can make accurate cuts with the syringe you are using.  It is also very advantageous to dissolve the drug in the liquid if possible.  I've never researched this for Seroquel.

We can help with liquid tapering in a general way for Seroquel, but really for a drug like that you need to go to survivingantidepressants.org...they handle APs over there.  You need to dilute enough so that you can make accurate cuts with the syringe you are using.  It is also very advantageous to dissolve the drug in the liquid if possible.  I've never researched this for Seroquel.

It's moderately solluble in water. But I have heared that is not really important, that if you shake hard enough it will be distributed over the liquid. But is 17 mgs in 170 ml a good idea?

Just get a 1ml syringe.  It will be graduated in either .02 or .01ml increments.

It's moderately solluble in water. But I have heared that is not really important, that if you shake hard enough it will be distributed over the liquid. But is 17 mgs in 170 ml a good idea?

I'd have to know how soluble...the actual value.  I think it is important to be soluble.  Suspending it in water can be made to work, but water is not that great a suspension medium and it takes some skill to get it right.  Much better to dissolve or at least use a liquid made for suspension.

Again, I don't know much about Seroquel.  17mg in 170ml will give you a .1mg/ml strength liquid.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [fr...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [El...]
    • [SB...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Av...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ex...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]