Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Can anyone point me to a chart or someones signature who did a dry microtaper of xanax? My scale came in. I guess the 1% is a good place to start. Im on .6125 at night and crumbs a few times a day just to hold down IDWD symptoms that just started recently. If anyone can point me to a place to start I would appreciate it. I see the actual scale weight vs dose is vastly different and get a bit edgy trying to do math....

It sounds like you might benefit by spreading out your dose.

If you post your pill dose size and weight I can give you an idea of what to cut each day.  Weigh 10 pills and divide that number by 10.

I have a .50 and a .25, I cut the .25 in half. I only took it to sleep before so even taking a little in the daytime keeps me from driving- the crumbs I take are helping with the shakes and sweats etc. I never had them before, it just hit last week. Im afraid if I take any more in the daytime I will lose my job- I was kinda hoping to just cut it off the night dose and pray that worked. I guess thats not very common is it?

Typically people become tolerant to these drugs and they can be dosed through the day.  It certainly sounds like you have interdose symptoms.  I don't know what to tell you.  You could try to continue with once a day - that is a rough way to go.  How long have you been on it?

Get ready for a taper. Weigh 10 pills , and divide the total weight by 10. that will give you an average weight. (Ex. 10 pills weighing 1.3 grams divided by 10 equals .13 grams per pill. if the pill is .5 mg. then divide .5 by .13 equals 3.846) remember this number as it is the constant for your dose. then weigh out your pills and decrease the weight by about 10% every 2 weeks. you can do this by subtracting a small amount each day or do a 10% cut and hold for 2 weeks. (EX. 1 pill weighing .130 minus 10% equals a pill weighing .117. if you multiply .117 by 3.846 that will tell you your dose of .449 mg) I know all this sounds confusing but will become clear once you start. SG is our math guru and can help you set up a taper. I would consider dividing your doses out to 3x per day to help smooth out the interdose problems

Since right now Im splitting between 2 pill strengths- I take one .5 plus a half of a .25 for a total of 62.5 at night and crumbs 3-4 times a day my estimation is my total is 63.5 a day. I have done ok with the smidge dosing the past few days. I really had a terrible week but the past few days this seems to be working- at least its tolerable if it stays this way. I would LOVE to have a math guru work out the micro taper schedule. I read so many good results from people doing micro tapering rather than the 2 week cuts- it really sounds like its worth starting there. I would much rather take longer and succeed than try to go faster and bumpier, if that makes sense?

It would be a good idea to pick a dose and stick with it rather than getting more and less from day to day.

If you tell me your pill weights and sizes I can give you an idea what to cut.

.134 on the .5 mg pill ( I take a whole)

.130 on the .25 pill (I take a half)

Forgive my fogginess but are those the numbers you are asking for?

Thanks for your patience :)

I just cut a pill and weighed each half. Oh dear. MAJOR difference. Yes, I definitely need the math. Hopefully I can do ok on FUMES during the daytime...

Okay, for the .5mg pill... .5mg divided by .134g = 3.73mg per gram.  This means each .001g on the scale is .00373mg X.

For the .25mg pill... .25mg divided by .130 = 1.92mg per gram.  This means each .001g on the scale is .00192mg X.

So the .25mg pill is almost twice as accurate.  Use these for cutting.  Your dose is .6125mg and cut size is affected by dose.  A cut of .001g a day off the .25mg pill would be 9% a month.  That is not a bad place to begin.  This would be a daily reduction of .00192mg.

Too bad the X can't be dosed during the day.  It really is a short acting drug and needs to be dosed more frequently.

Could someone please help me set up a daily micro tapering plan. I'm a bit or a lot cog/fog. right now. Have watched videos,read and read some more. just don't want to make mistakes that set me back or on wrong course.  I'm at 2.5mg K per day, on .5 mgpills ... I dose 3 times/ day .... .75 mg. @ 7a, .75mg @ 3p, then 1 mg @ 11p .... I have all supplies for LT. Is it good to dry cut 2 doses then wet the other?  If so not sure how my body would handle 2 dry at 1mg, then a drop to 3rd dose of .50mg for the wet....  Thank you

Okay, for the .5mg pill... .5mg divided by .134g = 3.73mg per gram.  This means each .001g on the scale is .00373mg X.

For the .25mg pill... .25mg divided by .130 = 1.92mg per gram.  This means each .001g on the scale is .00192mg X.

So the .25mg pill is almost twice as accurate.  Use these for cutting.  Your dose is .6125mg and cut size is affected by dose.  A cut of .001g a day off the .25mg pill would be 9% a month.  That is not a bad place to begin.  This would be a daily reduction of .00192mg.

Too bad the X can't be dosed during the day.  It really is a short acting drug and needs to be dosed more frequently.

I suppose it actually NEEDS to be dosed during the day. This will probably help. It will be a small dose but it seems that if I can take an accurate small dose 3x during the day and taper my PM dose, it would keep me from having IDWD. I know it needs to be a small dose but having accuracy will probably lead to a better chance of success ?

Thank you so much for the numbers!!

Hey again everyone - To those who have stepped off, or tapered down the entire way, or most of the way and then jumped - What was your outcome, mostly okay or a lot of symptoms still?. . .

Also are people here daily tapering slowly to try and remain functioning? I need to do well in my classes, that means being able to function, drive and do my coursework. I start tapering off 1.5mg at .4ml/day of 150ml of milk on Saturday and I'm getting kinda nervous about it. I need to be mostly okay during this process; and I'm hoping very much so that most people who daily taper avoid the protracted withdrawal symptoms when stepping off. . .

Please chime in if you can, need a little reassurance here.

I would love to hear positives too..

I need to function as well, work and take care of two kids

Haven't started my taper trying to stabilize on 5mg Valium and remeron

So far so good.

I notice when I am w friends and not obsessing it's much better

Main issue is nerve burning sensation in chest and body

Totally manageable if this was the worst of it I would be fine

Sadly I feel this on medication

I talked w Richard Mesteyars team and also a txt center called alternative to meds. Talked to others who were taken off klonipin and there for four mos but this woman got better. Hopeful. Too bad it would cost 100 grand

Anyone here doing a liquid micro taper off K specifically? I am getting close but the last cut was and still is rough. I could use some help micro tapering from here. Ready to be done but want to be smart about it. Details in my signature. Worst symptom right now is dizziness and increased anxiety / DR. Thanks!

Anyone here doing a liquid micro taper off K specifically? I am getting close but the last cut was and still is rough. I could use some help micro tapering from here. Ready to be done but want to be smart about it. Details in my signature. Worst symptom right now is dizziness and increased anxiety / DR. Thanks!

I think there are a couple.  Hopefully they will chime in.  What liquid are you thinking of using?

You're really getting there.  I'd probably begin with a .0005mg daily cut at that dose.  But first I'd just switch to liquid and dose that way for a week or two without cutting.

If you have .5mg pills you could put .5mg into 50ml of whole milk.  Then use a 1ml and a 10ml syringe.  50ml=.5mg so 1ml=.01mg.  A .0005mg cut would be .05ml on the 1ml syringe.

Hi, I would like to request some help with math, and suggestions on my cut rate.

There has been talk on this forum lately of being aware of both your cut size, and the percent cut.  Based on my signature, could someone calculate my % cut over the last 2 weeks, and the 2 weeks before that?

I'm not quite sure how to calculate this, but if I see your numbers than hopefully I can see what you've done and figure out how to calculate %'s in the future - maybe....

I ran into difficulties with my taper rate late October, and followed Sharkey's suggestion of cutting every other day c/h.  I had been cutting .005 mg per day, so changed this to .005 mg every 2 days (= to 0025 mg per day).  I was only able to cut every other day for 4 days, and then I started feeling the cuts too much, so I held for 3-4 days at a time, and I felt MUCH better.  So much better I guess, that I thought I would give it a go and try cutting every other day again - this has not been going so well, so I will go back to holding at the same dosage for 3 days - c/h/h.  I also added a few more supplements into the mix, so I'm thinking this might be adding to the symptoms - hard to know.

Now that I know I can't cut every day, or every other day, I will do a c/h/h - based on this pattern what is my daily cut rate?  Any opinions on doing smaller cuts every day rather than a cut and holds?  I am dosing part of my K with compounding liquid, which is much easier to measure out in .05ml increments in the syringe, so that might be my hesitation in trying to do daily cuts with smaller amounts.  Any suggestions in dosing more than once a day?  I am currently dosing once a day, before bed, as it was prescribed for sleep.  Although my sleep is pretty horendous right now.

As I have learned here, my goal is to be as symptom free as possible while tapering - I have had to throw away the calendar!

Thank you!

Nov 15 - .935 mg

Nov 22 - .920 mg

Nov 29 - .910 mg

Dec 6 - .895 mg

Dec 13 - .875 mg

From 11/15 to 11/29 you cut 2.7% and from 11/29 to 12/13 you cut 3.8%.  You can do c/h/h, but I think you can cut every day as you have a liquid.  So you just need to make your daily cut smaller to make the rate the same.  For example, if you cut .0025mg every three days you could instead cut .008mg every day.  You have a liquid so you might as well take advantage of it.

With dosing, it depends on you, but K usually requires two or three doses.  If you need more doses just that alone could help you feel better.

SG - Thank you for your reply and suggestions from my Dec post!  I have been cutting .005ml every 3rd day from the liquid portion of my dose, and it has been going better - I also think the 3 weeks I was off from work during the Christmas break helped with my symptoms!

I'm interested in dosing the K twice a day as you suggested, to see if it helps with my symptoms.  I'm currently taking one dose at bedtime.  I'm not even sure if it's still helping with my sleep, but my hesitation in dosing twice a day is that it might mess with my sleep, (which is not great anyway) and that by adding a dose during the day it might make me sleepy.... but I'm willing to try.

My other hesitation is accurately measuring out the compounded K.  The reason I've stuck to the pattern of cutting and holding I'm doing, rather than going back to cutting daily is b/c I can measure it  out in .005 ml increments - the 5 little lines inbetween each .005 ml on my 1 ml syringe are not friendly to my eyes!  I am currently taking a .05 mg tablet and the rest in liquid.

Am I making this more complicated than I need to?  My goal is to successfully cut twice a day, and if that goes well, than try to cut more often.  Any suggestions most welcome!

My overflowing thanks to you, and everyone else in this group. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [PE...]
    • [fr...]
    • [ra...]
    • [hu...]
    • [mt...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Ja...]
    • [En...]
    • [jo...]