Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

SG  or anyone who can do the math..its sad but i can do business math but i can never figure out where i am in mgs..and that makes more sense to me than where i am in gms..

I am at ....82 .82 .82 .82 gms a day..of a 1mg tab of k..average weight .172

thanks for any help..i took and multiplied  .82 times 4 and then divided it by 2 and got 1.64mgs...not sure if thats the right way to do it or not..

any help would be much appreciated..

thanks in advance  :smitten:

deep

You use a 1mg pill that weighs .172g so each gram of weight will contain 5.81mg K.  Your daily dose of K weighs .328g (.082g x 4), so just multiply 5.81mg/g x .328g and the result will be your daily dose... 1.907mg.  Write down the number 5.81mg/g somewhere.  That is the key number.  When you multiply your weight by that number it will tell you your dose.  Good job getting under 2mg.

SG

thank you so much for the calculations and I will write the process down so i dont forget it..

and hope you have a very Merry Christmas

deep

Jeff,

I just PMed you. That made me cry. I was having a rough day and your kind words, once again, lifted me up. I wrote a lot in the PM, but no words can truly express how amazing you are! You warm my heart. You inspire me. I hope you have a merry Christmas! I hope so badly that next year be better for us both! I believe it will be!

So much love, hugs, and prayers,

XO Maya

Maya , you ok ? I got your back also my friend hang in there ok! ~CD

CD,

I am good, thanks. I was having some external stressors, nothing having do with tapering. If you want you can read my plog. My taper is going very well and I am doing much better today. I hope you are doing well and having a happy holiday!

XO Maya  :smitten:

SG  or anyone who can do the math..its sad but i can do business math but i can never figure out where i am in mgs..and that makes more sense to me than where i am in gms..

thanks for any help..i took and multiplied  .82 times 4 and then divided it by 2 and got 1.64mgs...not sure if thats the right way to do it or not..

deep

You use a 1mg pill that weighs .172g so each gram of weight will contain 5.81mg K.  Your daily dose of K weighs .328g (.082g x 4), so just multiply 5.81mg/g x .328g and the result will be your daily dose... 1.907mg.  Write down the number 5.81mg/g somewhere.  That is the key number.  When you multiply your weight by that number it will tell you your dose.  Good job getting under 2mg.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

Could you please help me with this bit of math? I would really appreciate it.

If each ml contains .0025mg of Xanax, and I am at .31mg, and I subtract a ml or half a ml, what percentage is that?    Thanks, Rose

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

If each ml contains .0025mg of Xanax, and I am at .31mg, and I subtract a ml or half a ml, what percentage is that?    Thanks, Rose

If you are at 0.31 mg and reduce by 1 mL that is  0.0025 mg /0.3 1mg  × 100 =  0.81%   

Anne

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

If you are at 0.31 mg and reduce by 1 mL that is  0.0025 mg /0.3 1mg  × 100 =  0.81%   

Anne

Hi Anne, Happy Holidays to you. and thanks for the help. So I just divide my dose into 0.0025. So by subtracting my total dose by 1ml, doesn't that make the percentage get bigger as I reduce? bringing on stronger w/d? How could I make it so as I get lower my reduction also gets lower? Thanks, Rose

Has anyone here been stuck on a benzo after reinstatement and  it made them worse and sicer? I am trying to  taper but i cannot  get stable updosing  doesnt work crossing  over doesnt work im on 7mg  ativan and  cut .5mg in the last couple weeks  because  the sedation  is so so severe but my trauma and symptoms  are too unbearable to do a taperoutpatient i cant take care of myself  and people are worn out long ago. Wondering  if i should go to detox  again  now is the time to make a decision  i have only gone backwards  in the last 8 months and im in so much mental  agony i cant hold on every  day is like ct for me and i want to start getting  better

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

Anne

Hi Anne, Happy Holidays to you. and thanks for the help. So I just divide my dose into 0.0025. So by subtracting my total dose by 1ml, doesn't that make the percentage get bigger as I reduce? bringing on stronger w/d? How could I make it so as I get lower my reduction also gets lower? Thanks, Rose

HAPPY holidays to you too RDB.  Yes you are correct, the percent will increase as your dosage gets lower.  You  can decrease the daily amount you are reducing..  Maybe reduce from 1 mL/day to  0.7 or 0.6 mL.  Right now if you are decreasing by 1 mL/day, you will have decreased by 11.2% in two weeks time. 

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

Anne

HAPPY holidays to you too RDB.  Yes you are correct, the percent will increase as your dosage gets lower.  You  can decrease the daily amount you are reducing..  Maybe reduce from 1 mL/day to  0.7 or 0.6 mL.  Right now if you are decreasing by 1 mL/day, you will have decreased by 11.2% in two weeks time.

Yes , that is what I thought. My W/D sx's got bad again so I started reducing by 0.5mls about 10 days ago. It helped a lot. 11.2% is way to much for me. So as time goes on, and the dose gets smaller, I could technically counter it by increasing my dilution amount?  Thanks, Rose

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

Anne

Yes , that is what I thought. My W/D sx's got bad again so I started reducing by 0.5mls about 10 days ago. It helped a lot. 11.2% is way to much for me. So as time goes on, and the dose gets smaller, I could technically counter it by increasing my dilution amount?  Thanks, Rose

Yes, you can do that or just reduce the number of mL removed.  I am glad to hear you felt better after reducing.

Anne

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

Anne

Yes, you can do that or just reduce the number of mL removed.  I am glad to hear you felt better after reducing.

Anne

Anne,

Thank-you for your help and encouragement. I hope you are doing well. I have a ml syringe with 0.10 marks on it. I think I will use it more as the taper gets smaller. How would I set up an equation to figure out how much Xanax 0.10 has in it if 1ml holds 0.0025mg? I could do the math that was needed for nursing school but that was years ago and math is not my forte. Thanks so much, Rose p.s. Would I just divide 0.0025 by 10?

Anne,

Thank-you for your help and encouragement. I hope you are doing well. I have a ml syringe with 0.10 marks on it. I think I will use it more as the taper gets smaller. How would I set up an equation to figure out how much Xanax 0.10 has in it if 1ml holds 0.0025mg? I could do the math that was needed for nursing school but that was years ago and math is not my forte. Thanks so much, Rose p.s. Would I just divide 0.0025 by 10?

Yes, that is correct.  Each mL contains 0.0025 mg and one-tenth (0.1 mL) contains one-tenth of 0.0025 mg which is 0.00025 mg.

If you were to go down to 0.4 mL then you have 0.4 mL x 0.0025 mg/mL = 0.001 mg.  For 0.3 mL you have 0.3 mL x 0.0025 mg/mL = 0.00075 mg and so on.

I find it best to cut no more than 10% every two weeks.

Anne

Hi all. I've been MTing away the last of my X and crossing to L at same time. Decided to cut my L from 3 times to 2 times/day since I am close to being done with X. It means I have to dose 8 times a day for a few weeks until the X is all gone. But I really wanted to dose L only twice/day. I'm very, very tired of my days revolving around dosing 6 times/day.

Asked on sub board about dosing L and got no response, so did the switch from L three times/day to L twice/day (keeping X 6 times/day) abruptly a few days ago. Then I found the Ashton L chart. She shows a person on L 3 times a day gradually switching to 2 times a day. Oops. L with active metabolites has half life of up to 100 hours. So…..did I big time screw up? Or will the long half life protect me? And if I did screw up, how long before I know?

Here's the chart. I'm actually at a total of about 35mg of L right now as I cross over.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s11

BTW, the X, which I dose in tiny amounts 6 times/day and MT 15%/month, is less than 1/5 of total dose, so I assume it's not really affecting much any more.

Thanks.

Gard

deep

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

SG,

Anne

Anne

Anne,

rdb, I too am tapering xanax and I was wondering if the dose in your signature is your total per day? if so how many times are you dosing? I am currently dosing 4x a day but have terrible mornings because I think I am outsleeping the medicine

Hi all. I've been MTing away the last of my X and crossing to L at same time. Decided to cut my L from 3 times to 2 times/day since I am close to being done with X. It means I have to dose 8 times a day for a few weeks until the X is all gone. But I really wanted to dose L only twice/day. I'm very, very tired of my days revolving around dosing 6 times/day.

Asked on sub board about dosing L and got no response, so did the switch from L three times/day to L twice/day (keeping X 6 times/day) abruptly a few days ago. Then I found the Ashton L chart. She shows a person on L 3 times a day gradually switching to 2 times a day. Oops. L with active metabolites has half life of up to 100 hours. So…..did I big time screw up? Or will the long half life protect me? And if I did screw up, how long before I know?

Here's the chart. I'm actually at a total of about 35mg of L right now as I cross over.

BTW, the X, which I dose in tiny amounts 6 times/day and MT 15%/month, is less than 1/5 of total dose, so I assume it's not really affecting much any more.

Thanks.

Gard

I would not worry about it.  Switching like you did is not a big deal.  You still got the same dose that day.

That chart is weird.  I would not take it too seriously.  She takes 4-8 weeks to get rid of a dose that, in the footnote at the bottom, she states was never needed in the first place.  She tapers all three doses down from 75mg to 60mg, then abruptly moves 5mg to both AM and PM, yet keeps 5mg for the afternoon dose.  Why not just begin with two doses of 35mg and 40mg and be done with it?

She also advises tapering in steps of 5mg (2mg V) all the way down to 10mg (4mg V), and even then she switches to only 2.5mg (1mg V) steps.  Can you imagine cutting from 6mg V directly to 4?  Or even 20mg to 18?  Talk about being your own worst enemy!

Another thing - at the beginning she steps from 75mg to 70mg (6.7%) and waits 1-2 weeks.  Near the bottom she steps from 15mg to 10mg (33%) and advises waiting...you guessed it...1-2 weeks.  I'd say not much thought went into it.

This chart must have been meant for someone who was only lightly dependent because if any of us used it it would be brutal and harmful.  It is not fit for most of us here on BB and is the type of bad advice that got me and many others needlessly into trouble.  The problem is she is held up as a tapering god when the truth is she did not put much thought into tapering.

Thanks.

Gard

I would not worry about it.  Switching like you did is not a big deal.  You still got the same dose that day.

That chart is weird.  I would not take it too seriously.  She takes 4-8 weeks to get rid of a dose that, in the footnote at the bottom, she states was never needed in the first place.  She tapers all three doses down from 75mg to 60mg, then abruptly moves 5mg to both AM and PM, yet keeps 5mg for the afternoon dose.  Why not just begin with two doses of 35mg and 40mg and be done with it?

She also advises tapering in steps of 5mg (2mg V) all the way down to 10mg (4mg V), and even then she switches to only 2.5mg (1mg V) steps.  Can you imagine cutting from 6mg V directly to 4?  Or even 20mg to 18?  Talk about being your own worst enemy!

Another thing - at the beginning she steps from 75mg to 70mg (6.7%) and waits 1-2 weeks.  Near the bottom she steps from 15mg to 10mg (33%) and advises waiting...you guessed it...1-2 weeks.  I'd say not much thought went into it.

This chart must have been meant for someone who was only lightly dependent because if any of us used it it would be brutal and harmful.  It is not fit for most of us here on BB and is the type of bad advice that got me and many others needlessly into trouble.  The problem is she is held up as a tapering god when the truth is she did not put much thought into tapering.

Thanks for your insight, SG. I'll read this over again after I get some sleep. Meanwhile, I'll just stick with your first line.  ;)

Always good to get your input.

Hi all,

Glad that SG was able to help you out, Gard....now maybe one of you can help me!  Have you ever hit a wall, math-wise?  I was preparing my .075g x 3 doses for tomorrow when I realized I was planning to cut 5% tomorrow...I had already prepared the doses and began to think, since I have been having ear pressure many nights and chest pressure most mornings if maybe I should wait the 14 days....anyhow while thinking about this I at least wanted to figure out my doses at my next 5% cut which would take me to .6213mg and.....blankness...I am unable to calculate the doses in grams.  Th Bis crazy as I have been doing grams for a couple of months now...and just converting back to mgs as SG taught me to post progress both here on BB and in my own notebook.

Crazy!!  I am just drawing a blank.  I have written down that each dose for this next cut should be .0712g but have no idea how I got there....I like to double check my notes, making sure the math is right but now I cannot do that as I forgot how I came up with that number.

Will wait for SG or else another unimpaired member to help me out.  I'll write down every word and number so I won't forget.  Again, I am clear on converting g to mg...just not the other way around!

Many thanks in advance,

Mana

Hi again,

The light bulb switched on enough for me to realize that I could take 5% of the previous gram weight to come up with the gram doses and then convert to mg if I wanted to see where I was at.  Now that the pills are done for tomorrow though...think I'll wait another day or so.  My brain freeze was no doubt due to my fear of cutting again.

Sorry for the panic! 

Need alittle help. I am currently 4 dosing xanax. I take .046mg at 8am, 1pm and 6pm. i take .089mg at 9:30pm and go to bed. my problem is I out sleep the effects of the med and wake up at 7am with mini sxs.My mornings are awful and I dont really feel normal until I take my celexa around 11am. any ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Need alittle help. I am currently 4 dosing xanax. I take .046mg at 8am, 1pm and 6pm. i take .089mg at 9:30pm and go to bed. my problem is I out sleep the effects of the med and wake up at 7am with mini sxs.My mornings are awful and I dont really feel normal until I take my celexa around 11am. any ideas or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

It's hard to say what is going on as mornings are often a time of higher symptoms due to cortisol.  And you seem to say that the celexa gives you relief which makes me wonder if you need to dose the celexa more often.

SG,

I see that you are on the site now....was I right? Will probably step down 5% tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mana

Yes, you figured it out and were right on target so I did not reply.  If you work with percentages there really is no need to involve the mg dose other than to know what it is.  You can just take 95% of the current pill weight to get the new weight.  This will be a 5% cut.

It's hard to say what is going on as mornings are often a time of higher symptoms due to cortisol.  And you seem to say that the celexa gives you relief which makes me wonder if you need to dose the celexa more often.

I guess i should have told you i take 45mg remeron at bedtime. I would be scared to take more celexa due to serotonin syndrome. I may adjust my dosages to where i take more at bedtime. I go to the pdoc next week and he may have some ideas.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ni...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [ma...]
    • [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Th...]
    • [Le...]
    • [El...]
    • [be...]
    • [...]
    • [El...]