Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Gardener,

I hope you are feeling better! You are always in my thoughts! The chemistry stuff seems confusing, but I am sure you will figure it out.

XO Maya  :smitten:

Thanks, Maya. It does appear that Librium degrades in liquid and I can't store it once I dissolve it. >:(

I'm about a month away from being off X if I can keep upping my taper rate according to plan. I want to get to a more typical rate of 20% per month. I was at 5% and have been slowly increasing a bit each week. I'm at 11% now. I still have symptoms, but no worse than at my 5% rate. My theory is that the higher L:X ratio, the easier the taper. I hope it's true!

Gard :smitten:

Gard,

I am sorry that about librium issues. I am sure you will find a way. I am so excited you are so close to being off X! That's great that you have been able to speed up. I hope it's the true that the less X the easier it will be. I think that will be the case for you. Tapering V has been a lot easier, so far. Stay in touch! I hope you are having a nice Sunday!

Hi Gardner,

Yes, it looks like it is not stable in water, nor would it be stable in alcohol/water solution. In fact, it looks like you do not need the alcohol.  It is a weak acid but a little bit stronger than acetic acid.  Unlike the other benzos it is water soluble. I suggest making up your doses each day and not saving them for more than a day or two at the most.  I tried to access the paper that was cited, but no luck.  I could not find it in our research databases.  I think I might be able to access the paper using  sci-finder at the university. I will not be able to do this until I go back in mid-January.

I think, but am not sure, the diluent they are referring to is for injections. I read that the diluent must be mixed with the drug right before the injection.  It did not say what that diluent is.

Good luck with the Xanax taper.  You will do it!!

Anne

Gardner,

There is a buddy named Saul that tapered from Librium.  I wish I could remember where I read the post so I could provide the link.

You might want to do a search on Librium and look for his name.  I am not sure if there were numbers included in his screen name.

Anne

Hey Gardner

Haven't been on BB since September, wow time goes sooo fast. Good to come back on and find that you are doing so much better and making such good progress.

The G Baby is 4 months old today can't believe it goes so fast, although at least everything has settled down now so life is a lot calmer as you know I stuffed up the taper thanks to good ole benzo brain but finally got back down to 3.5 v stabalized pretty well although the anxiety is starting to flare a little lately so maybe it's time to restart the taper. Hopefully the taper will help to dampen down the anxiety.

So many people doing so well and many that have finally jumped: Moodle wow girl you did it!!!

and smiff too wow I definitely have some catching up to do.

Anyway glad to see most doing so well, will stick around now that I have more time on my hands.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Hey Gardner

Haven't been on BB since September, wow time goes sooo fast. Good to come back on and find that you are doing so much better and making such good progress.

The G Baby is 4 months old today can't believe it goes so fast, although at least everything has settled down now so life is a lot calmer as you know I stuffed up the taper thanks to good ole benzo brain but finally got back down to 3.5 v stabalized pretty well although the anxiety is starting to flare a little lately so maybe it's time to restart the taper. Hopefully the taper will help to dampen down the anxiety.

So many people doing so well and many that have finally jumped: Moodle wow girl you did it!!!

and smiff too wow I definitely have some catching up to do.

Anyway glad to see most doing so well, will stick around now that I have more time on my hands.

Luv n hugs

Gypsy :smitten:

Thanks for the update, Gypsy. Good to hear you sounding well.

Anne, I think that the mix and toss method should work if I make the L solution. Make the solution, measure and toss what I don't want, and drink the rest immediately, right? I mean how fast could it possibly degrade? Then the next day I would toss more and the next day more, etc., until the capsule was gone. Then go on to the next capsule. I have 5 mg capsules, so most of my dose would be in capsule form (easy) and only a small portion to be mixed, measured, and reduced each day. I'll have it all written out ahead of time so I don't mess it up.

Just have to get this idea past my psychiatrist, who didn't sound thrilled when I suggested it. Too much wasted med to his liking.

Couldn't find Saul, but I think I'll try just searching for L on the different boards. When I'm more awake.  :sleepy:

Gard

I've been reading a lot of your posts lately even though many of you don't know me. Anyway, question about tinnitus. My ears started ringing several months ago and became 24/7 about 2 months ago. Just a constant ringing. It may be a crazy question, but has anyone else had this and, if so, do you have anything that's helped to decrease it? Nuts, I know, but had to ask.

Thanks!

Jeff

Jeff,

I think of you often and hope you are well. Tinnitus, unfortunately, is a very common sxs. I have heard many others talk about it. I am not sure what can help. I hope others chime in and are more helpful. Also maybe do a search in BB. I know there are threads on it. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I really hope it gets better and I hope your sleep and everything in general is getting better!

I've been reading a lot of your posts lately even though many of you don't know me. Anyway, question about tinnitus. My ears started ringing several months ago and became 24/7 about 2 months ago. Just a constant ringing. It may be a crazy question, but has anyone else had this and, if so, do you have anything that's helped to decrease it? Nuts, I know, but had to ask.

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff  :hug: LOTS of us have it, I have screaming Tenacious tinnitus, Hyperacusis, http://www.hyperacusis.net/hyperacusis/what+is+hyperacusis/default.asp

Tympanic syndrome  http://www.hyperacusis.net/hyperacusis/tensor+tympani+syndrome/default.asp , Ear pain, fullness, multiple ear problems in fact, all from WD  :'( It is hell!!  >:D On top of all the other sxs which are also  bad I can't bear the sound of my clothes or hair against my skin, and my bedding sounds like a war zone when I lay down because of the hyperacusis, and  the hyperacusis and tinnitus trip each other off.  :sick:

And I also have what's known as a startle factor' from the ear problems as well every little noise startles and makes my ever present anxiety even worse. :D. I have other ear problems as well, but I am not the only one with multiple ear problems from withdrawal. There is a support group we have for it on here    TENACIOUS TINNITUS CLUB - Ear pressure & noise and hyperacusis http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96554.

Love Nova xxx :sick: :sick: :sick:

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Good to see you! Sorry to say that I've heard many, many people complain about this. Some use a white noise machine at night to help mask the sound so they can sleep. I also heard a guy on the radio who had it for years for no reason he knew of and it stopped one day on it's own and he never knew why. I also know a woman who had it from K tapering who went to an audiologist who helped her, but it took a long time for it to go away. In the end, it does seem to go away for most people. Sure hope you can end some relief soon.

Otherwise, how are you doing these days? Miss hearing from you!

Gard  :smitten:

Anne, I think that the mix and toss method should work if I make the L solution. Make the solution, measure and toss what I don't want, and drink the rest immediately, right? I mean how fast could it possibly degrade? Then the next day I would toss more and the next day more, etc., until the capsule was gone. Then go on to the next capsule. I have 5 mg capsules, so most of my dose would be in capsule form (easy) and only a small portion to be mixed, measured, and reduced each day. I'll have it all written out ahead of time so I don't mess it up.

Just have to get this idea past my psychiatrist, who didn't sound thrilled when I suggested it. Too much wasted med to his liking.

Couldn't find Saul, but I think I'll try just searching for L on the different boards. When I'm more awake.  :sleepy:

Gard

Gardener,

Yes, I think that will be fine.  If you dose more than one time a day, I do not think it will be problem to keep the liquid for the whole day.  You might want to wrap the container with a bit of foil since the drug is light sensitive.

I wish you a happy holiday.

Anne

Jeff,

I think of you often and hope you are well. Tinnitus, unfortunately, is a very common sxs. I have heard many others talk about it. I am not sure what can help. I hope others chime in and are more helpful. Also maybe do a search in BB. I know there are threads on it. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I really hope it gets better and I hope your sleep and everything in general is getting better!

Hey Maya!! I miss "talking" to you. Thanks for the encouragement. The tinnitus is definitely a pain. I hear it even with a big fan on 'high' right next to my bed. I started hearing the ringing about 15 yrs ago (about 7 years into my big dose and journey with K), but it was short-lived and infrequent. Actually, it was kind of cool because it would "fade up" in sound and then quickly fade away. I thought it was kind of fun. Of course, I had no idea at all that it was benzo-related. I also had no idea that I was destroying my body with the mean drug. Just following doctor's orders, right? What a ride. Anyway, sleep is still a thing of the past. I haven't been able to cut for months due to the other things I told you about (hormones completely out of whack, thyroid is a mess, adrenals are a mess, killer financial problems...yada, yada, yada). Just trying to hang on and be positive as best I can. Wife's cancer is possibly making a come-back (we'll know more soon), so that with all the other stressors has made cutting just too much. Everybody has a journey!! One step at a time. It would be nice though to at least be making some headway with the cutting. Knowing I'm still on such a mega dose while putting it into my body every day is REALLY disappointing. Crazy, but praying for strength and a strong faith.

My best to you and everyone else here. And, congrats on the success you're having. What an answer to prayer!!! Bless ya.

Jeff

Howdy, Gardner!!!!!! Love ya, and thank ya :)

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Good to see you! Sorry to say that I've heard many, many people complain about this. Some use a white noise machine at night to help mask the sound so they can sleep. I also heard a guy on the radio who had it for years for no reason he knew of and it stopped one day on it's own and he never knew why. I also know a woman who had it from K tapering who went to an audiologist who helped her, but it took a long time for it to go away. In the end, it does seem to go away for most people. Sure hope you can end some relief soon.

Otherwise, how are you doing these days? Miss hearing from you!

Gard  :smitten:

Howdy, Gard. As always, thanks for your support too. I try to read posts here fairly often, but it's kind of hard to do actually. I gave an update to Maya, and that post show be by this one, so I won't repeat things. Anyway, doing the best I can, but it does help to see that you and others are still on the positive path to freedom. Keep on making it happen!! I think of you all more than you know.

Have a super blessed Christmas season!!!

Hugs to you,

Jeff

Gard

Gardener,

Yes, I think that will be fine.  If you dose more than one time a day, I do not think it will be problem to keep the liquid for the whole day.  You might want to wrap the container with a bit of foil since the drug is light sensitive.

I wish you a happy holiday.

Anne

Thanks for the tips, Anne. Wishing you a happy holidays, too!

Howdy, Gard. As always, thanks for your support too. I try to read posts here fairly often, but it's kind of hard to do actually. I gave an update to Maya, and that post show be by this one, so I won't repeat things. Anyway, doing the best I can, but it does help to see that you and others are still on the positive path to freedom. Keep on making it happen!! I think of you all more than you know.

Have a super blessed Christmas season!!!

Hugs to you,

Jeff

Yes, I'm on a slow path but the right path. One day we will all be free! :thumbsup:

A very blessed Chistmas to you and yours, too, Jeff!  :hug:

I just want to say to everyone on this thread that I wish you and your loved ones a wonderful holiday season with many special moments of happiness and peace.

I have no doubt that without you, I would not have been able to continue forward with this long, difficult withdrawal. We are truly walking each other home, and you all mean much more to me than you realize.

Happy Holidays to All!

P.S. At my recent appointment, my primary doc told me to stay off of Benzo Buddies. As Santa would say, "Ha, ha, ha!":2funny: (Or something like that.)

Jeff,

I miss you! If you want to chat, please PM me anytime. It's crazy how many things we did not think were benzo related. It saddens me what the Drs did to me and how they did it to for even longer. I can't even imagine. My heart breaks for you. I am hoping the functional dr can help. You keep hanging on and being positive. I know it's hard and it's amazing how well you do it. I hope so badly your wife's cancer does not return. You and your family are very much always in my thoughts, my prayers, and my heart. Of course, you can't cut now. I know you will get off Benzos, I truly do. I know your dose is still high, especially compare to most. You are on a 1/4 of what you once were on. I have to remind myself of this, as well. You have so much strength. You have been such a bright light to me in times of darkness. Your support, encouragement, belief in me, and positivity have helped me more than you know. I truly thank you. I wish you had a Jeff to cheer you on. I will try my best to offer you my support and encouragement. I certainly believe in you! Thank you so much! Sending you so many warm thoughts, prayers, and love! Please stay in touch when you can. I am here if you need me. :hug:  :smitten: :smitten:

XO Maya

Has anyone ever thought about writing a book about their taper? I have kept a journal and a taper log and think it might be good to put it in print for others.

Hi JR....oh, yes....actually I am a writer, or have written things, and was doing some research at the beginning of my taper - interviewing pharmacists, for example, and some doctors and nurses...but I dropped the idea along the way.  It would have been research plus my own exoerience. 

Many have kept or are keeping journals and a lot of BB's progress logs or blogs may end up as potential memoirs one day - whether published or not. 

Of course it's a good idea!

Jeff,

I miss you! If you want to chat, please PM me anytime. It's crazy how many things we did not think were benzo related. It saddens me what the Drs did to me and how they did it to for even longer. I can't even imagine. My heart breaks for you. I am hoping the functional dr can help. You keep hanging on and being positive. I know it's hard and it's amazing how well you do it. I hope so badly your wife's cancer does not return. You and your family are very much always in my thoughts, my prayers, and my heart. Of course, you can't cut now. I know you will get off Benzos, I truly do. I know your dose is still high, especially compare to most. You are on a 1/4 of what you once were on. I have to remind myself of this, as well. You have so much strength. You have been such a bright light to me in times of darkness. Your support, encouragement, belief in me, and positivity have helped me more than you know. I truly thank you. I wish you had a Jeff to cheer you on. I will try my best to offer you my support and encouragement. I certainly believe in you! Thank you so much! Sending you so many warm thoughts, prayers, and love! Please stay in touch when you can. I am here if you need me. :hug:  :smitten: :smitten:

XO Maya

Maya, I don't even know how to respond to that. You're SO thoughtful. Bless you, young lady!! You're definitely one of life's cheerleaders. God had a great day when He made you. Just keep....being YOU. That's all I can say. You softened my heart. Make this a super Merry Christmas and may next year be the best of your entire life!!!!!!!!

Many hugs and prayers to you  ;)

Jeff

Thanks!

Jeff

Hi Jeff  :hug: LOTS of us have it, I have screaming Tenacious tinnitus, Hyperacusis, http://www.hyperacusis.net/hyperacusis/what+is+hyperacusis/default.asp

Tympanic syndrome  http://www.hyperacusis.net/hyperacusis/tensor+tympani+syndrome/default.asp , Ear pain, fullness, multiple ear problems in fact, all from WD  :'( It is hell!!  >:D On top of all the other sxs which are also  bad I can't bear the sound of my clothes or hair against my skin, and my bedding sounds like a war zone when I lay down because of the hyperacusis, and  the hyperacusis and tinnitus trip each other off.  :sick:

And I also have what's known as a startle factor' from the ear problems as well every little noise startles and makes my ever present anxiety even worse. :D. I have other ear problems as well, but I am not the only one with multiple ear problems from withdrawal. There is a support group we have for it on here    TENACIOUS TINNITUS CLUB - Ear pressure & noise and hyperacusis http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96554.

Love Nova xxx :sick: :sick: :sick:

Nova, you've been THROUGH it!!!  Man! That sounds horrificly brutal. Thank you for the links and info. Like everything else, it just sounds we need to ride it out, no matter what the situation is. I pray that you have a miracle. Seriously!! Why not. Might as well expect the best.

Keep kickin' it!!!!

Jeff

Jeff,

I just PMed you. That made me cry. I was having a rough day and your kind words, once again, lifted me up. I wrote a lot in the PM, but no words can truly express how amazing you are! You warm my heart. You inspire me. I hope you have a merry Christmas! I hope so badly that next year be better for us both! I believe it will be!

So much love, hugs, and prayers,

XO Maya

SG  or anyone who can do the math..its sad but i can do business math but i can never figure out where i am in mgs..and that makes more sense to me than where i am in gms..

I am at ....82 .82 .82 .82 gms a day..of a 1mg tab of k..average weight .172

thanks for any help..i took and multiplied  .82 times 4 and then divided it by 2 and got 1.64mgs...not sure if thats the right way to do it or not..

any help would be much appreciated..

thanks in advance  :smitten:

deep

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ni...]
    • [El...]
    • [ma...]
    • [be...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [wh...]
    • [Ki...]