Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

OK ! very confused and frustrated on my benzo taper i did some number crunching and only cut my total benzo use 40% in 15 months this i got from droping my 20+ years use of 4 mgs klonopin down to .130 mgs k but i am now taking 45 mgs valium per day and MTing the last of the klonopin i can`t go faster then the rate i am doing as withdrawls get to much! Am i doing ok or going to slow i would apreciate all feed back as i so badly want off all of this !Thanks ~ CD

CD,

I agree with SG.  You stated that symptoms are bad if you taper faster. In my experience, I need to let my body dictate the taper rate. When I go too fast, I feel it. You are doing very well to be down from 4 mg to 0.130 mg.  The last few mg take the longest time to taper. I am down to 0.24 mg/day of lorazepam, and it will most likely take me another 8 months to finish the taper. I don't care how long it takes.  My first priority is to have the smoothest taper possible. I work full time and must be functional at work.

There are others that can taper much faster. We are all different.  It sounds like you have found your ideal taper rate.

Anne

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Haven't posted for awhile. Tapering has been very hard now, feel every cut for days. I have a math question. I have been doing a liquid taper using Sharkey's and Builders help. My MT is 1 mg Xanax dissolved in 2mg propylene glycol then added to 398ml of water. This is a 400ml solution. Each ml holds 0.0025mg Xanax. I have been cutting by 1 ml with each cut. What I am wondering is it not staying at the same percentage of cut as the total dose is smaller? Shouldn't the percent of the cut go down as the dose gets smaller? I can not figure out why I get thrown into a tornado with each cut Please help me with this math question. It has been a living hell for the last couple weeks. Thanks for any help, Rose

Hi all,

Haven't posted for awhile. Tapering has been very hard now, feel every cut for days. I have a math question. I have been doing a liquid taper using Sharkey's and Builders help. My MT is 1 mg Xanax dissolved in 2mg propylene glycol then added to 398ml of water. This is a 400ml solution. Each ml holds 0.0025mg Xanax. I have been cutting by 1 ml with each cut. What I am wondering is it not staying at the same percentage of cut as the total dose is smaller? Shouldn't the percent of the cut go down as the dose gets smaller? I can not figure out why I get thrown into a tornado with each cut Please help me with this math question. It has been a living hell for the last couple weeks. Thanks for any help, Rose

Rose,

What is your daily dose now?  I can calculate the % cut for you if I have that information.

Anne

Anne

Hi all,

Are you decreasing by 1 mL a day? 

Hi all,

:therethere:

I'm a disaster at math these days, but I've been in that terrible place with Xanax. That's why I decided to cross to L. I crossed half way over the course of a month and it helped my taper go better. Haven't crossed any further. Trying to taper the rest of the X. Still no fun but I'm functioning!

It's true that some people need to slow way down near the end. Maybe you're one of those people. I hope you find a way to make this better for yourself. Sometimes the worst waves are followed by a window or at least partial window. There's still hope!

Gard :smitten:

Hi all,

Rose,

What is your daily dose now?  I can calculate the % cut for you if I have that information.

Anne

Anne

Sorry Rose, I did not see the dosage in your signature until just now.

If you were on  0.317 mg/day and decreased by 0.0025 mg/day (1 mL).  This would be an 11% cut over a two week period.

Over a two week period we have 0.0025 mg * 14 = 0.035 mg cut

0.035 mg/ 0.317 * 100 = 11%  This would be 11% cut for two weeks.

When I got to over 10% for a two week period, I decreased my taper rate. You might want to hold for a while until you stabilize again. I sometimes hold any where from 1 to 7 days or so.  It just depends on the symptoms.

You could reduce from 1 mL/day to about 0.8 mL (or even lower if you prefer).  If you were to reduce by 0.5 mL/day at your current dose of 0.317 mg,

0.5 x 0.0025 = 0.00125 mg reduction per day

Over 14 days this is 0.0175 mg reduction

0.0175/0.317 * 100 = 5.5 % reduction over 2 weeks.

You could do something in between--0.7 or 0.8 mL/day.  You can adjust to how you feel.  I find from experience, it is best to keep my two week percent cut no greater than 10%.  When I cut by 11% I start feeling symptoms.  So, yes you will need to reduce the cuts as you taper to lower dosages.

Hope this helps,

Anne

Hi all,

I'm a disaster at math these days, but I've been in that terrible place with Xanax. That's why I decided to cross to L. I crossed half way over the course of a month and it helped my taper go better. Haven't crossed any further. Trying to taper the rest of the X. Still no fun but I'm functioning!

It's true that some people need to slow way down near the end. Maybe you're one of those people. I hope you find a way to make this better for yourself. Sometimes the worst waves are followed by a window or at least partial window. There's still hope!

Hi Gardner,

I hope you are feeling better. Is your daughter home yet?  It will be nice to have her with you for the next few weeks.

Things are going okay here. Still holding, but doing better.

Have a great day!!

Anne

Hi all,

Anne, thank you. My daily dose is 0.317mg divided into 4 doses 6 hrs apart.

Rose,

Anne

Anne

Hi all,

No, I can't cut by 1ml a day, it is too rough, it catches up and causes hell for days, like it throws me into acute w/d. I try to cut every 10 days or so.

Hi all,

Anne, thank you. My daily dose is 0.317mg divided into 4 doses 6 hrs apart.

Rose,

Anne

Anne

Rose,

Just look at my post further up.  I showed how the calculation is done and how much you might need to reduce to keep your 2 week cut at 10% or less.  If you keep removing 1 mL/day, your cut after two weeks is about 11%.  It will get higher as you go.  Time to reduce the taper rate.

Anne

Hi all,

No, I can't cut by 1ml a day, it is too rough, it catches up and causes hell for days, like it throws me into acute w/d. I try to cut every 10 days or so.

I prepare my liquid, and then remove an extra  0.5 mL/day and then divide into three equal doses.  I keep my doses equal in concentration.

Hi all,

Hi Anne, Don't be sorry, I appreciate your help. So, how much would I draw up in the syringe with each dose to make it the way you suggest, .00125 ? Would I dilute the solution with 798ml's of water instead of 398mls?  thank-you so much, Rose

Rose,

Anne

Anne

Sorry Rose, I did not see the dosage in your signature until just now.

If you were on  0.317 mg/day and decreased by 0.0025 mg/day (1 mL).  This would be an 11% cut over a two week period.

Over a two week period we have 0.0025 mg * 14 = 0.035 mg cut

0.035 mg/ 0.317 * 100 = 11%  This would be 11% cut for two weeks.

When I got to over 10% for a two week period, I decreased my taper rate. You might want to hold for a while until you stabilize again. I sometimes hold any where from 1 to 7 days or so.  It just depends on the symptoms.

You could reduce from 1 mL/day to about 0.8 mL (or even lower if you prefer).  If you were to reduce by 0.5 mL/day at your current dose of 0.317 mg,

0.5 x 0.0025 = 0.00125 mg reduction per day

Over 14 days this is 0.0175 mg reduction

0.0175/0.317 * 100 = 5.5 % reduction over 2 weeks.

You could do something in between--0.7 or 0.8 mL/day.  You can adjust to how you feel.  I find from experience, it is best to keep my two week percent cut no greater than 10%.  When I cut by 11% I start feeling symptoms.  So, yes you will need to reduce the cuts as you taper to lower dosages.

Hope this helps,

Anne

Hi all,

I prepare my liquid, and then remove an extra  0.5 mL/day and then divide into three equal doses.  I keep my doses equal in concentration.

So Anne, would 798ml water and 2ml p.glycol with 1mg Xanax reduce the dose by half? Make it .00125mg/ml?  Right now at 398ml water and 2ml of p.glycol the dose is .0025mg/ml. Sorry, math has never been my forte. I tend to complicate things. Thanks, Rose

Hi all,

I prepare my liquid, and then remove an extra  0.5 mL/day and then divide into three equal doses.  I keep

So Anne, would 798ml water and 2ml p.glycol with 1mg Xanax reduce the dose by half? Make it .00125mg/ml?  Right now at 398ml water and 2ml of p.glycol the dose is .0025mg/ml. Sorry, math has never been my forte. I tend to complicate things. Thanks, Rose

Yes you are correct.  Rather than double the amount of liquid, you could decrease by 0.5 mL.  There are 0.0025 mg in 1 mL and half of  a mL would be 0.00125 mg.  That might be a good place to start.

Anne

Hi all,

Hi Gardner,

I hope you are feeling better. Is your daughter home yet?  It will be nice to have her with you for the next few weeks.

Things are going okay here. Still holding, but doing better.

Have a great day!!

Anne

Hi Anne. No, my daughter is still on campus. I'm not sure how long she will be here. As it turns out, she has some plans for over the holidays. My son is here, but is very hard to live with. If I thought he could survive on his own and not drop out of school, I would show him the door.

I think about holding to see if it helps, but I am so ridiculously slow and far from the finish line that holding just makes me depressed. So I keep cutting away. I'm at 10%/month right now, the fastest I've gone since back in spring when I hit my wall. I hope to be able to keep this rate up.

Glad to hear you are doing well now and seem to be less than a year from the finish line.  ;D

Gard

Happy Festivus to everyone!!  I've been reading some here and there, but not posting obviously. Everyone keep the faith!!

Jeff

Good to see you, Jeff!

Hi all,

I prepare my liquid, and then remove an extra  0.5 mL/day and then divide into three equal doses.  I keep

Yes you are correct.  Rather than double the amount of liquid, you could decrease by 0.5 mL.  There are 0.0025 mg in 1 mL and half of  a mL would be 0.00125 mg.  That might be a good place to start.

Anne

Ok Anne, thanks a lot. That makes better sense for sure. I had my brain all stressed out. I have 1ml and 3ml syringes that will work perfect. I will just take out .5ml from my dose and add it back to the solution. I wasn't tapering everyday because I couldn't, so I was not doing 11% in two weeks. Do you think it's possible that the increase in w/d sx's could be due to the ever decreasing dose while removing the same amount by cutting each time? even though it wasn't everyday? Maybe too much for my system? I will try cutting more often at the lower amount now after I stabilize a bit. Thank-you so very much, Rose B

Though it's time to sleep here, I will write now so SG and others can wake up and check out my initial week (almost) of MT vs C/H. I mean isn't that the first thing you plan to do Sunday?  ::) I'd say, overall I've been feeling OK....certainly not as bad as certain times with C/H...in fact,  most of the time I'm feeling pretty well.  Tonight, though, I had a wave of head pressure, muscle tension, ear pressure - all the familiars in my wheel house - but it left almost as quickly as it came (an hour or two at most).....all I can say is :  :D

So I plan to continue with my C/C/H of .001 g cuts until the end of December and will then re-evaluate,  just as Clona and SG suggested I do (proceed cautiously, that is).

As an aside - I've heard it said here before, but it's true for me as well - no sooner do I think to myself, "Hey, I've GOT this thing!  The rest of my taper is going to be a breeze" than I get knocked over by a wave.  I was thinking this during the day today!  Good thing I know how to swim.... ;)

And so it goes....

Night, night.  :smitten:

Good morning MT thread. Just wanted to say Happy Sunday to all and hope you all have some restful time today.

Sorry, too loopy and tired to make any direct, helpful comments.

Hang in there, everybody. We will get through this! :thumbsup:

Though it's time to sleep here, I will write now so SG and others can wake up and check out my initial week (almost) of MT vs C/H. I mean isn't that the first thing you plan to do Sunday?  ::) I'd say, overall I've been feeling OK....certainly not as bad as certain times with C/H...in fact,  most of the time I'm feeling pretty well.  Tonight, though, I had a wave of head pressure, muscle tension, ear pressure - all the familiars in my wheel house - but it left almost as quickly as it came (an hour or two at most).....all I can say is :  :D

So I plan to continue with my C/C/H of .001 g cuts until the end of December and will then re-evaluate,  just as Clona and SG suggested I do (proceed cautiously, that is).

As an aside - I've heard it said here before, but it's true for me as well - no sooner do I think to myself, "Hey, I've GOT this thing!  The rest of my taper is going to be a breeze" than I get knocked over by a wave.  I was thinking this during the day today!  Good thing I know how to swim.... ;)

And so it goes....

I can certainly relate.  Every time I state that I am doing well, symptoms hit.  This happened yesterday and today. Yesterday I told Gardner that I was doing well, and then later that evening I felt terrible.  I can feel great for days or weeks and then I am back into the symptoms.

And so it goes....

I can certainly relate.  Every time I state that I am doing well, symptoms hit.  This happened yesterday and today. Yesterday I told Gardner that I was doing well, and then later that evening I felt terrible.  I can feel great for days or weeks and then I am back into the symptoms.

That is me exactly. I went a whole week without a sympton. I as actually bragging to people who support me that I finally beat it and WHAM!!!! the benzo hit me upside ,downside and all sides. Been suffering about a week now but starting to feel better now. my doses seem to cause me anxiety. they are toxic but only .5mg to go. I slowed my taper to .004 every other day instead of daily. Keep hanging on!! Things could be alot worse.and Merry Christmas to all!

That is me exactly. I went a whole week without a sympton. I as actually bragging to people who support me that I finally beat it and WHAM!!!! the benzo hit me upside ,downside and all sides. Been suffering about a week now but starting to feel better now. my doses seem to cause me anxiety. they are toxic but only .5mg to go. I slowed my taper to .004 every other day instead of daily. Keep hanging on!! Things could be alot worse.and Merry Christmas to all!

Hi JR,

I am sorry this happened to you.  Hopefully these symptoms will subside soon. I think my doses also cause it since I experience the anxiety after taking my dose.  Then again, if I don't take the dose I feel symptoms right away.

I like to write in my progress log when I am feeling normal, but I think I will stop that now.  I was feeling great for weeks, wrote it in my log, and then got hit with symptoms.  Lesson learned. 

Merry Christmas to you as well!!

Anne

And so it goes....

Sorry to hear this, but, yes, that does seem to be the way it goes.  >:( 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ni...]
    • [PE...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [SB...]
    • [ne...]
    • [Ku...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Bl...]