Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thank all of you for responding. I really appreciate it, not feeling alone is important. I feel better today and decided to hold for a few days. I think I went too fast again, from 0.35mg to 0.337mg in 3 days. Plus, after reading about gabapentin, I just c/t off that 4 days ago, was on 600mg a night. Doing that prolly messed me up too, do you think?  Rose

Thank all of you for responding. I really appreciate it, not feeling alone is important. I feel better today and decided to hold for a few days. I think I went too fast again, from 0.35mg to 0.337mg in 3 days. Plus, after reading about gabapentin, I just c/t off that 4 days ago, was on 600mg a night. Doing that prolly messed me up too, do you think?  Rose

Oh my, yes, I think you'd really feel stopping the gabapentin while you're doing a benzo taper. I think I read that some people take gabapentin during their taper to ease the symptoms of the taper and then need to taper off the gabapentin. Don't quote me, cuz benzo-brain here doesn't remember where she read that. ;)

I'm glad you're feeling better and I think a short hold is a very good idea. I did one myself recently because it's been really rough lately. I'm feeling a bit better today, too. Hope it's a trend for both of us!

Gard :smitten:

Oh my, yes, I think you'd really feel stopping the gabapentin while you're doing a benzo taper. I think I read that some people take gabapentin during their taper to ease the symptoms of the taper and then need to taper off the gabapentin. Don't quote me, cuz benzo-brain here doesn't remember where she read that. ;)

I'm glad you're feeling better and I think a short hold is a very good idea. I did one myself recently because it's been really rough lately. I'm feeling a bit better today, too. Hope it's a trend for both of us!

Thanks Gardner, I think you are right. I am so glad you are having a window too. Windows give so much hope that we will feel normal again. Hope diminishes for me when a wave seems endless. I think I am entering a window today, haven't felt this well for days. YAY! Have a great weekend. :smitten: Rose

When you figure percent it is percent of the total dose, not just the K dose.  I suspect you are calculating percent based only on K and as it approached zero the percent numbers are getting wacky, which is what happens at the end of a taper.

If you tell me your cut size and pill size I can size better.

Yes SG: I was only counting my K, and not the V. That seems to be a trouble to me. Forgetting that. This is what my current batch of cuts will be. I use a 14-day cycle. The first day of the cut I was on .105 mg of K. The last and 14th day of my cut I will be on .07 mg.

Okay, you drop .035mgK in 14 days.  That's .0025mg/day.  Your total dose is equivalent to 72.1mgV or 3.605mgK...take your pick.  Cutting .0025mgK a day is 2.1% a month.  That is extremely safe and slow.

Thanks SG. It makes me feel better to hear it from you. :smitten:

When you figure percent it is percent of the total dose, not just the K dose.  I suspect you are calculating percent based only on K and as it approached zero the percent numbers are getting wacky, which is what happens at the end of a taper.

If you tell me your cut size and pill size I can size better.

Yes SG: I was only counting my K, and not the V. That seems to be a trouble to me. Forgetting that. This is what my current batch of cuts will be. I use a 14-day cycle. The first day of the cut I was on .105 mg of K. The last and 14th day of my cut I will be on .07 mg.

Okay, you drop .035mgK in 14 days.  That's .0025mg/day.  Your total dose is equivalent to 72.1mgV or 3.605mgK...take your pick.  Cutting .0025mgK a day is 2.1% a month.  That is extremely safe and slow.

Thanks SG. It makes me feel better to hear it from you. :smitten:

Isn't that the truth!

Thanks Gardner, I think you are right. I am so glad you are having a window too. Windows give so much hope that we will feel normal again. Hope diminishes for me when a wave seems endless. I think I am entering a window today, haven't felt this well for days. YAY! Have a great weekend. :smitten: Rose

Hi Rose. So happy about your window! I hope it is a really long one!

[00...]

Hi friends,

a question:

I am at 1.85 mg of Valium. I drop .05 every 3 or 4 days.  This last drop, which is just a couple of percent, has had me with mad cortisol rushes all night long for 4 nights.  This reminds me of the 10% drops before I went liquid.  I thought micro-tapering was my saving grace, but this wave is insane.  I look like a zombie.  Is there anything one can do to minimize these cortisol surges all night long?

thx

Yogi

Fellow Benzo taper warriors:

.88mg.    Down from 1mg since Sept 1.    I got into the 80s woo hoo. 

Hanging tough and staying strong!

SG saved my butt a few weeks ago while I was out of town for work and thought I had botched up my taper.  When a "patient" would normally consult with their doctor for such help, people like us have few resources to turn to. My doctor would not have known what to tell me and definitely not have responded quickly.  I am forever grateful to SG for his unwavering support and to others here, as I would not have started the taper, or not have done so with the knowledge of how to do so in order to minimize WDs.

Thank you, Todah rabah...

Shaani

Hi Shaani,

Congratulations.  You will be finished before you know it.  I am glad to hear you are doing well!!

I also have some good news. I will reach a major milestone on Friday.  Down to 0.25 mg/day!!  I can't wait.  It will take about 8 months or so to finish the taper, but slow is the key.  Over the last few weeks, my symptoms have decreased to almost zero.  I am almost back to normal--at least for now.  Healing does take place as you taper.  It  surprised me when I started feeling much better--I was considering an updose because I need to remain functional at work. So, the taper continues, and I will hold when I need to and then keep going at a nice slow pace.

Keep up the great work!!

Anne

Hi Shaani,

Congratulations.  You will be finished before you know it.  I am glad to hear you are doing well!!

I also have some good news. I will reach a major milestone on Friday.  Down to 0.25 mg/day!!  I can't wait.  It will take about 8 months or so to finish the taper, but slow is the key.  Over the last few weeks, my symptoms have decreased to almost zero.  I am almost back to normal--at least for now.  Healing does take place as you taper.  It  surprised me when I started feeling much better--I was considering an updose because I need to remain functional at work. So, the taper continues, and I will hold when I need to and then keep going at a nice slow pace.

Keep up the great work!!

Anne

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Anne!  Way to go!

Hi,

Just a question for Anne to clarify....btw...congratulations on your progress!!  But did you mean 8 months TOTAL for your taper, or 8 months from now? 

Thanks, Anne.

Mana

Hi Shaani,

Keep up the great work!!

Anne

Wow, that's so wonderful!  So happy for you! :thumbsup:

Hi,

Just a question for Anne to clarify....btw...congratulations on your progress!!  But did you mean 8 months TOTAL for your taper, or 8 months from now? 

Thanks, Anne.

Mana

Hi Mana,

About 8 months to go.  I try to keep cuts between 7-10 % every two weeks.

Anne

Hi Shaani,

Keep up the great work!!

Anne

Wow, that's so wonderful!  So happy for you! :thumbsup:

Thanks Gardner.  I hope this continues.  Am feeling a bit lightheaded now though. It seems that every time I say I am doing well, symptoms start. 

Have a good evening,

Anne  :)

Fellow Benzo taper warriors:

.88mg.    Down from 1mg since Sept 1.    I got into the 80s woo hoo. 

Hanging tough and staying strong!

SG saved my butt a few weeks ago while I was out of town for work and thought I had botched up my taper.  When a "patient" would normally consult with their doctor for such help, people like us have few resources to turn to. My doctor would not have known what to tell me and definitely not have responded quickly.  I am forever grateful to SG for his unwavering support and to others here, as I would not have started the taper, or not have done so with the knowledge of how to do so in order to minimize WDs.

Thank you, Todah rabah...

Shaani

Keep rocking!!Slow and steady wins the race  :thumbsup:

Hi Shaani,

Keep up the great work!!

Anne

Yay!  Great milestone.  It was huge for me when i got past .25mg.  :thumbsup:

Stay strong!

sharkey

SG..hope you see this before i leave to go to my docs...my amounts are .87.86.85.86...am i close enough to get a script of the .05mgs when i am there?..i am cutting c/c/h..and it seems to be doing ok at that rate..my weight is .170 1 mg tabs...

i have about 30 tabs of the 1mg left and lots of pieces..

thanks in advance..will be watching for a reply as i have to leave in about 2 hours

deep

SG..hope you see this before i leave to go to my docs...my amounts are .87.86.85.86...am i close enough to get a script of the .05mgs when i am there?..i am cutting c/c/h..and it seems to be doing ok at that rate..my weight is .170 1 mg tabs...

i have about 30 tabs of the 1mg left and lots of pieces..

thanks in advance..will be watching for a reply as i have to leave in about 2 hours

deep

Hi Deep, you total pill weight is .344g.  .340g is 2mg, so you are only .004g away.  With c/c/h this will happen in five days and you have enough 1mg pills to last at least 15 days, so you're all set and can make the switch to .5mg pills immediately.

SG you have made my day  :'( ..I have never been on the .5s in the 28 yrs i have been on this..they started me at 4mgs 2mg tabs twice a day...i am so so happy..even with the filling out of my tooth and the toothache ...

thanks so much

deep

Thanks Gardner.  I hope this continues.  Am feeling a bit lightheaded now though. It seems that every time I say I am doing well, symptoms start. 

Have a good evening,

Anne  :)

Isn't that the truth!  :tickedoff: 

That is why I don't want to say a word about my neuropathy letting up a bit. ::)

Just chiming in.. ;)  Yes!!  Could it be that when we even THINK about our sxs, they creep - or come roaring - back?  Remember...the taper affects our brain/CNS....our thinking is just one aspect of our brain function....ergo, when we think about our sxs, it is a signal to our brain...perhaps interpreted along the synapses as a "request" for them to show up...??  Just a thought  :idiot:

I know, my pdoc suggested - actually modeled the behavior - of ignoring the intrusive thoughts which brought me to see her.  (It should have suggested I was in tolerance w/d one full year before I actually began tapering.).  I doubled my dose of K at that time from 1 mg/daily to 2 mg and the thoughts gradually went away.  The increased K helped in the short term, but I learned from her not to focus or try and understand the intrusive thoughts...rather to recognize the phenomenon, as in, "yes, I know these thoughts and feelings, and I choose to let them go, to ignore them as they are not what I am nor what I choose to think about."  The same principle as distraction from our sxs....b/c if we concentrate on them, even to say we are not experiencing them, they return!!  :D

Deep, hope your dr apt went well..so glad SG was able to reassure you. He helps us all so much.... :smitten: Congratulations on graduating to the .5's..... :thumbsup:....and Anne and Gardener....I can see so much progress on everyone's part...it gives me much hope....it really does take enormous strength to do what we are doing.  I'm beginning to believe that...

Mana.  :smitten:

I do have a question however....if as has been suggested, I decide to begin a microtaper with my next reduction (have to hold a bit longer this cut for travel to see our kids next week).  I'm not sure how it works in this respect:  assuming a .5 mg pill of average weight 170-172 g, and I want to MT .003 mg per day or .001 g per day, what do I do in terms of my three doses?  What do I weigh to get to, say, .001 g less than my current total gram weight?  At present, I am splitting my .5's in half and using 3 halves, weighing each and making one of them less by .03125 mg.  for example, say each of the halves weigh approx .085 grams, I shave one of the halves down so it weighs .075 g - the equivalent of a .03125 reduction.

If I were to MT from my current dose (.718), at the end of November, how do I do it, practically speaking?  I'm sure it is easy...just as finally "getting" the idea of converting mg's to grams was.  I need to have an aha moment.  Just preparing for the MT!

Thanks so much,

Mana

I do have a question however....if as has been suggested, I decide to begin a microtaper with my next reduction (have to hold a bit longer this cut for travel to see our kids next week).  I'm not sure how it works in this respect:  assuming a .5 mg pill of average weight 170-172 g, and I want to MT .003 mg per day or .001 g per day, what do I do in terms of my three doses?  What do I weigh to get to, say, .001 g less than my current total gram weight?  At present, I am splitting my .5's in half and using 3 halves, weighing each and making one of them less by .03125 mg.  for example, say each of the halves weigh approx .085 grams, I shave one of the halves down so it weighs .075 g - the equivalent of a .03125 reduction.

If I were to MT from my current dose (.718), at the end of November, how do I do it, practically speaking?  I'm sure it is easy...just as finally "getting" the idea of converting mg's to grams was.  I need to have an aha moment.  Just preparing for the MT!

Thanks so much,

Mana

A good way to do this is to rotate through the doses.  Drop dose 1 by .001g, the next day drop dose 2 by .001g, third day drop dose 3 by .001g, fourth day back to dose 1, then dose 2, then dose 3, and so on.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Jo...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [El...]
    • [wh...]
    • [st...]
    • [ba...]
    • [hu...]
    • [Ha...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Ca...]