Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hey Gard! Not really any improvement from holding. My adrenals, thyroid, and probably hormones are so out of wack. I'm waiting to get results from hormone testing. Just lots of other things going on and none of it is positive, so I don't want to list a bunch of negative things on here. Doesn't do any good anyway. Just trying the best I can at this point.

Hang tight!

Hey Maya!!!

Jeff

Really sorry to hear that, Jeff. You're so brave. I try to be as brave as you and not post too much negative. Seems there is no answer but time for most of this. I'm sure glad you ate least got your script and so don't have that worry any more. Maybe you exhausted yourself on that doctor hunt! Hope you are able to take it easy now and heal.

Gard :smitten:

I would highly recommend tapering the ativan first.  Ativan is much shorter acting and the V will help with the symptoms while coming off the ativan.  Other than that you seem to have your head around the process.  I like the use of almond oil but you cant dilute it with water which will limit your cut size but if you can handle the .1ml you will do fine.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Oh my gosh, look who's here! I almost passed out from the shock. Does this mean you and your little one are doing fine, new daddy? Sure hope so!

You might try dosing like this...

6am - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Noon - .125mgA

6pm - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Bed - .125mgA

You have choices with A as to how to liquify.  In addition to alcohol/water it comes in a prescription liquid and can also be compounded.

Would I change one drug dosing schedule at a time? Like break the A into the 4 doses and then some time later break the V into 2 doses? Or so it all at once? I am worried about my body freaking out. It's so sensitive to change.  :-[

The way I look at it you are taking the same dose each day so I would just do it all at once.  If there are any transient effects they won't last.  But that is just me.  Others think it is worth it to slowly change.

Down 10% after a little over two months. Stinks to have to go so slow, but functional is a necessity.

Al the best to everyone fighting this war.

Shaani

Down 10% after a little over two months. Stinks to have to go so slow, but functional is a necessity.

Shaani

Hi Shaani. Good to hear from you and that you're doing OK. I've been trying to push my taper up to go faster than my original 5% and am near 7% now. Had a big increase in neuropathy in the past week that will just not let go and wondering if that's why. Can't even get dressed and out of the house most days. Other w/d symptoms are up and down and tolerable. I wonder if slowing down would help. Have you ever had neuropathy at your pace? Did you ever try to go faster or have you always been at 5%? Just wondering about your experience since we are both going at similar slow paces. Hard to find anybody else going this slowly and being so symptomatic.

Shaani

Hi Shaani,

Nice to hear from you.  You are doing well with the taper.  Slow is the way to go.  10% after two months is much better than zero!!

Take care,

Anne

Shaani

Hi Shaani. Good to hear from you and that you're doing OK. I've been trying to push my taper up to go faster than my original 5% and am near 7% now. Had a big increase in neuropathy in the past week that will just not let go and wondering if that's why. Can't even get dressed and out of the house most days. Other w/d symptoms are up and down and tolerable. I wonder if slowing down would help. Have you ever had neuropathy at your pace? Did you ever try to go faster or have you always been at 5%? Just wondering about your experience since we are both going at similar slow paces. Hard to find anybody else going this slowly and being so symptomatic.

Gard,

where do you have the neuropathy? do you have nerve pain too?

Shaani

Gard,

Daisy, I have neuropathy that moves around and is just about everywhere. And when I say moves around, I mean it can change place and sensation even from minute to minute. Burning pain. Pins and needles. Scraping like sandpaper. Sometimes numbness, but not usually. I can function OK except when the burning gets bad. Sometimes it suddenly improves for a few hours, but it comes back.

That said, I don't know how much of this is from the taper and how much is from an autoimmune disorder I have. Maybe it's both. It only got this bad recently, so I'm mystified. I'm micro tapering so slowly it's hard to believe this could be from the taper. Microtaper plus slow seems to help everybody else keep their symptoms low, but I've been pretty symptomatic since I got below 1.2mg X no matter what. I don't know if I'm going too fast or too slow.

Shaani

Thanks G. I have not had neuropathy, for instance pins and needles, tingling, or numbness for a long time. I did have that in relation to withdrawals from seroquel. And I had it in May when I took a supplement that caused WD sx. It was what caused me to go to a neurologist.  It subsided.

My worst sx are nights when I have insomnia,  but I take supplements that seem to help most nights. It is not the same sleep that I used to have, but enough to function.  The next symptoms are sensitive teeth that waxes and wanes. Same with head pressure and jaw tension.  I have early morning anxiety that I self talk to myself to get it to subside. I am more easily stressed, but I have learned to push on. Some days are really rough as work is full of classic corporate bullsh!t.  The one bad apple on the team who makes it miserable for others, yet HR is a bunch of spineless wimps. No hard fast policies to hold people accountable, but constant talk from management about accountability,  corporate values... yada, yada.  Unrealistic expectations by my manager of my peer management team. So...stress is real.  The other more persistent sx that has been ongoing for years is no real sense of happiness or real joy. Blunted positive emotions.  That is it really. I have had tinnitus since tapering seroquel, but I try to ignore it.  Some muscle tension, but not as bad as the week in May when I took the supplement Kavinace PM.  That taught me what bad WDs could be like.

All in all, I do okay. Just not the quality of life I would like. But I take it one day at a time. Quitting in any capacity, whether it is the taper or the job is not an option.  I am alone in this journey pretty much. No family near by. Just my 2 kids.

I taper based on how my sx are. I thought I could go faster. I may try and see if I can, but then again, the short term gain may not out weigh the long term goal.

I also was dx with hyperthyroid in the past. I think it was pysch med induced.  No doctor will agree. Other than that, I am healthy, although not in shape. My BMI is fine, but the hyperthyroid affects muscles and I am just not toned. I need to find time and motivation to fix that.

I think it is hard to say if the neuropathy is auto immune related or WD related.  I know a recent UTI I had that went undiagnosed for a month or more was NOT WD. I do not attribute every symptom I may have to WD.  I feel that just defeats me mentally.  Sometimes other issues crop up unrelated to WD.  Some may disagree.  As with religion and politics...each person is entitled to his or her opinions.  I tend to be an observer, so this is one of my longer posts. Not my normal MO.

I hope you can find the right pace and beat this beast. You are always so kind and supportive.  Hugs and sincere wishes for healing.  :smitten:

Shaani

Shaani

Hi Shaani,

Nice to hear from you.  You are doing well with the taper.  Slow is the way to go.  10% after two months is much better than zero!!

Take care,

Anne

Thanks Anne. Slow and steady.  Keep strong.  :thumbsup:

Shaani

ok, thinking of going with the liquid Ativan for a daily reduction....do I have to mix that with water for titration, or can I just draw the prepared liquid up into a syringe and use it that way...please excuse me if this is a dumb question...trying to wrap my benzo brain around this...I know I can liquid titrate my pills, but thought this might be an easier way to go....thoughts?

Roxane liquid lorazepam?  It should work fine.  It is too strong straight out of the bottle.  Looking at the ingredients I would think it can be diluted with water just like the Roxane liquid V as it uses similar solvents (PEG and PG).  The reason to dilute it is to get the strength to match the syringe size you are using.  It comes as 2mg/ml so you would need to dilute about 100-200x to get it down around .01mg/ml for making small daily cuts with a 1ml syringe.

Thanks G. I have not had neuropathy, for instance pins and needles, tingling, or numbness for a long time. I did have that in relation to withdrawals from seroquel. And I had it in May when I took a supplement that caused WD sx. It was what caused me to go to a neurologist.  It subsided.

My worst sx are nights when I have insomnia,  but I take supplements that seem to help most nights. It is not the same sleep that I used to have, but enough to function.  The next symptoms are sensitive teeth that waxes and wanes. Same with head pressure and jaw tension.  I have early morning anxiety that I self talk to myself to get it to subside. I am more easily stressed, but I have learned to push on. Some days are really rough as work is full of classic corporate bullsh!t.  The one bad apple on the team who makes it miserable for others, yet HR is a bunch of spineless wimps. No hard fast policies to hold people accountable, but constant talk from management about accountability,  corporate values... yada, yada.  Unrealistic expectations by my manager of my peer management team. So...stress is real.  The other more persistent sx that has been ongoing for years is no real sense of happiness or real joy. Blunted positive emotions.  That is it really. I have had tinnitus since tapering seroquel, but I try to ignore it.  Some muscle tension, but not as bad as the week in May when I took the supplement Kavinace PM.  That taught me what bad WDs could be like.

All in all, I do okay. Just not the quality of life I would like. But I take it one day at a time. Quitting in any capacity, whether it is the taper or the job is not an option.  I am alone in this journey pretty much. No family near by. Just my 2 kids.

I taper based on how my sx are. I thought I could go faster. I may try and see if I can, but then again, the short term gain may not out weigh the long term goal.

I also was dx with hyperthyroid in the past. I think it was pysch med induced.  No doctor will agree. Other than that, I am healthy, although not in shape. My BMI is fine, but the hyperthyroid affects muscles and I am just not toned. I need to find time and motivation to fix that.

I think it is hard to say if the neuropathy is auto immune related or WD related.  I know a recent UTI I had that went undiagnosed for a month or more was NOT WD. I do not attribute every symptom I may have to WD.  I feel that just defeats me mentally.  Sometimes other issues crop up unrelated to WD.  Some may disagree.  As with religion and politics...each person is entitled to his or her opinions.  I tend to be an observer, so this is one of my longer posts. Not my normal MO.

I hope you can find the right pace and beat this beast. You are always so kind and supportive.  Hugs and sincere wishes for healing.  :smitten:

Shaani

Shaani, I'm glad to hear your taper is going pretty well (as far as tapers go). Thanks for sharing more of your story. :) I'm so impressed that you are able to work during your taper. I know what you mean about the one bad apple spoiling it. There's always one of those, isn't there!

I, too, just have my 2 kids here and no other family within hundreds of miles. It's tough. You know, as a mom, you hate to lean on your kids.

Today has been the best day of the week for me. Got stuff done and went out for a walk with my daughter. We are having beautiful fall weather so I was so grateful to be able to get dressed and go outside after spending most of the week in my nightgown (softest thing I own). It's possible that this neuropathy flare up is partially due to my autoimmune disorder. If so, it won't last months or years, more like weeks. Crossing my fingers!

Thanks for your encouraging words. We will all get through this together! :hug:

Shaani

Shaani, I'm glad to hear your taper is going pretty well (as far as tapers go). Thanks for sharing more of your story. :) I'm so impressed that you are able to work during your taper. I know what you mean about the one bad apple spoiling it. There's always one of those, isn't there!

I, too, just have my 2 kids here and no other family within hundreds of miles. It's tough. You know, as a mom, you hate to lean on your kids.

Today has been the best day of the week for me. Got stuff done and went out for a walk with my daughter. We are having beautiful fall weather so I was so grateful to be able to get dressed and go outside after spending most of the week in my nightgown (softest thing I own). It's possible that this neuropathy flare up is partially due to my autoimmune disorder. If so, it won't last months or years, more like weeks. Crossing my fingers!

Thanks for your encouraging words. We will all get through this together! :hug:

Hi Gardener,

I am glad to hear that today was good for you.  I hope this continues for you. You are always so supportive to everyone here.  I wish you nothing but the best. 

Anne

Hi Gardener,

I am glad to hear that today was good for you.  I hope this continues for you. You are always so supportive to everyone here.  I wish you nothing but the best. 

Anne

Hi Anne! It's good to see you here! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm cautiously hopeful that I'm heading for a window. I'm going to hold for a few days to up my odds. If I can actually be that patient! I really hate treading water.  :tickedoff:  I surely see that the lesson I'm going to learn from all of this is patience!

Hope your taper is going well!

Gard  :smitten:

Shaani

Gard,

Daisy, I have neuropathy that moves around and is just about everywhere. And when I say moves around, I mean it can change place and sensation even from minute to minute. Burning pain. Pins and needles. Scraping like sandpaper. Sometimes numbness, but not usually. I can function OK except when the burning gets bad. Sometimes it suddenly improves for a few hours, but it comes back.

That said, I don't know how much of this is from the taper and how much is from an autoimmune disorder I have. Maybe it's both. It only got this bad recently, so I'm mystified. I'm micro tapering so slowly it's hard to believe this could be from the taper. Microtaper plus slow seems to help everybody else keep their symptoms low, but I've been pretty symptomatic since I got below 1.2mg X no matter what. I don't know if I'm going too fast or too slow.

Gard,

well i've been on this forum for about 39 months now and i've come across a lot of people tapering and some cold turkey's who have neuropathy. i know a lot of it is from the benzo's. but i too don't know if the neuropathy i have is from MS that i was diagnosed with in 2002. there is a part of me that thinks that i don't have MS at all. i've also come across a lot of people on here who took MRI's and have leison's on their brain who were not diagnosed with MS -- so it's really still hard for me to know? but having the leison's on my brain was why i was diagnosed with it. the thing is i am slowly getting better and i don't have any relapse/remitting episodes that i only seemed to have had when i was rapid tapering from klonopin for so many years.

what autoimmune do you have?

i have the neuropathy all over too. i had it badly on my torso/rib cage which now seems to be getting better. the worst place for me was in the saddle region, pubic area, waist/hips and even more worse is around the knee's, lower legs and feet. all of seems to be getting better but only a microbe at a time.

Shaani

Gard,

Hi Gard  :hug: I have the same symtoptoms you have then some  ::)  I won't give you the epic list of my sxs :sick: but I gather and  stuff such as below to read at times when i tI feel its all getting too much. :(   

When Tapering Gets Too Difficult.

When your taper gets difficult there are a number of options that can be considered and discussed with your doctor.

1. Take a break.

The tapering guidelines suggest that cuts can be made anywhere from every 7 – 30 days (Ashton). Many people are cutting every 14 days. If a taper is getting difficult then giving yourself a one time break of say 30 days between cuts may help to calm things down. Note that tolerance may become an issue if too much time if left between cuts.

2. Increase the time between cuts.

If you have been cutting every 10 days, then making your cuts every 14 days many help you do more healing between cuts. If you have been cutting every 14 days extending it to every 21 days may help.

3. Decrease the amount you cut.

As a taper progresses, it is unlikely that you will be able to cut as much at the end of the taper as we were able to do at the beginning. So if things start to feel too difficult then reducing the size of the cuts may help. If you have been cutting .5mg at a time, then moving to .25mg may help. If you were cutting .125mg at a time and it got hard then .0625mg may be more appropriate.

4. Water Titration may be an option.

If you aren’t having much luck with dry cutting or have exhausted the options for cutting smaller or putting more time between cuts then water titration may be an option to consider. Some of the benzos come in liquids or can be compounded by pharmacies these may help ease a taper.

5. Valium.

Crossing to Valium is always an option worth considering. See the 'Ashton Manual’.

6. When nothing helps.

Sometimes nothing we do eases the withdrawal period. When this happens we may need to select one of the safe taper plans and just get off the best we can, knowing that once we are off we will heal..http://www.benzosupport.org/when_tapering_gets_difficult.htm  I hope you or anyone else reading it may  find it helpful. :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

well i've been on this forum for about 39 months now and i've come across a lot of people tapering and some cold turkey's who have neuropathy. i know a lot of it is from the benzo's. but i too don't know if the neuropathy i have is from MS that i was diagnosed with in 2002. there is a part of me that thinks that i don't have MS at all. i've also come across a lot of people on here who took MRI's and have leison's on their brain who were not diagnosed with MS -- so it's really still hard for me to know? but having the leison's on my brain was why i was diagnosed with it. the thing is i am slowly getting better and i don't have any relapse/remitting episodes that i only seemed to have had when i was rapid tapering from klonopin for so many years.

what autoimmune do you have?

i have the neuropathy all over too. i had it badly on my torso/rib cage which now seems to be getting better. the worst place for me was in the saddle region, pubic area, waist/hips and even more worse is around the knee's, lower legs and feet. all of seems to be getting better but only a microbe at a time.

I'll PM you, Daisy. If I forget, you can PM me! (Gotta go feed hungry kids now.)

Hi Gard  :hug: I have the same symtoptoms you have then some  ::)  I won't give you the epic list of my sxs :sick: but I gather and  stuff such as below to read at times when i tI feel its all getting too much. :(   

When Tapering Gets Too Difficult.

When your taper gets difficult there are a number of options that can be considered and discussed with your doctor.

1. Take a break.

The tapering guidelines suggest that cuts can be made anywhere from every 7 – 30 days (Ashton). Many people are cutting every 14 days. If a taper is getting difficult then giving yourself a one time break of say 30 days between cuts may help to calm things down. Note that tolerance may become an issue if too much time if left between cuts.

2. Increase the time between cuts.

If you have been cutting every 10 days, then making your cuts every 14 days many help you do more healing between cuts. If you have been cutting every 14 days extending it to every 21 days may help.

3. Decrease the amount you cut.

As a taper progresses, it is unlikely that you will be able to cut as much at the end of the taper as we were able to do at the beginning. So if things start to feel too difficult then reducing the size of the cuts may help. If you have been cutting .5mg at a time, then moving to .25mg may help. If you were cutting .125mg at a time and it got hard then .0625mg may be more appropriate.

4. Water Titration may be an option.

If you aren’t having much luck with dry cutting or have exhausted the options for cutting smaller or putting more time between cuts then water titration may be an option to consider. Some of the benzos come in liquids or can be compounded by pharmacies these may help ease a taper.

5. Valium.

Crossing to Valium is always an option worth considering. See the 'Ashton Manual’.

6. When nothing helps.

Sometimes nothing we do eases the withdrawal period. When this happens we may need to select one of the safe taper plans and just get off the best we can, knowing that once we are off we will heal..http://www.benzosupport.org/when_tapering_gets_difficult.htm  I hope you or anyone else reading it may  find it helpful. :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

This is great, Nova. Thanks so much for sharing it.

I typed this once and it got lost somewhere, so hope this doesn't show up twice....I am still wondering about the liquid titration...I have been tapering by dry cut and hold for about eight months, and the symptoms are strong, when I change over to daily liquid titration will there be a lot of different symptoms?  an uptick?  Just wondering how this will affect me...last cut was .02 of Ativan and I was informed by a friend that this is the same as 2 mg of valium, is that a pretty big cut?  Just nervous about the whole change, and yet would like to feel better doing this....thanks for helping me...

I typed this once and it got lost somewhere, so hope this doesn't show up twice....I am still wondering about the liquid titration...I have been tapering by dry cut and hold for about eight months, and the symptoms are strong, when I change over to daily liquid titration will there be a lot of different symptoms?  an uptick?  Just wondering how this will affect me...last cut was .02 of Ativan and I was informed by a friend that this is the same as 2 mg of valium, is that a pretty big cut?  Just nervous about the whole change, and yet would like to feel better doing this....thanks for helping me...

Switching to liquid just means taking the same med in a different form.  There should be no effect at all.  But just as a precaution, most folks do a 10 day-2 week "trial run" with no cuts, just to be sure there are no issues.

.02mg ativan = .2mg Valium.  Its a 10:1 ratio, not 100:1.

Switching to liquid just means taking the same med in a different form.  There should be no effect at all.  But just as a precaution, most folks do a 10 day-2 week "trial run" with no cuts, just to be sure there are no issues.

.02mg ativan = .2mg Valium.  Its a 10:1 ratio, not 100:1.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you builder for your reply....it is helpful....but I am math challenged, sorry  :idiot:  So does that mean the .02 of Ativan was not equal to 2 mg of valium?  sorry to be such a dufus.....thanks!

Hi, I would appreciate suggestions on how to continue with my daily taper off Clonazepam. 

I have been cutting .05 ml daily since mid July - my starting dose was 1.5 mg.  I have been doing my taper with a combination of pills and compounding liquid.  My current dose is a .5 mg pill and 4.5ml of liquid before bed.  Based on my symptoms of the last 3 weeks, I think this cut rate has become too much - the stress of work/life and mending from a broken foot have definitely contributed.  I have been holding at my current rate for 4 days and the symptoms have become more manageable.

I am looking for some options in moving forward - now that my symptoms have become more manageable do I continue cutting at my current rate of .05 ml a day; is it wiser to reduce my daily cut to .04 .03ml's??  The markings on my 1 ml syringe are so tiny, how accurate can my cuts even be?!

Thank you, thank you.  This group has been my guiding light in tapering off this crap.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Em...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ea...]
    • [Au...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Os...]