Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Also, Ashton switches everybody to V unless they are on L already.

hey guys, what benzo does "L" stand for? is that Lorazepam?

oh God, how i wish i did this the way Maya is doing it. i went back on the klonopin in 2002 -- and have been on benzo's most of my teenage and adult life. i'm done! >:(

Pretty, Yes ! A nd your not done i been on k over 20 years did a partial c/o only way i could even drop any K ~ CD

oh God, how i wish i did this the way Maya is doing it. i went back on the klonopin in 2002 -- and have been on benzo's most of my teenage and adult life. i'm done! >:(

Pretty, Yes ! A nd your not done i been on k over 20 years did a partial c/o only way i could even drop any K ~ CD

i meant i am done with being on benzos. i was on them from about 1980 - 1995 -- was off them for 7 years then back on from 2002- 2012 -- i am done!

I started doing an MT from klonopin on Monday.  I was at 0.20mg.  Now I'm probably at 0.080.  I'm getting a wave intense like I felt from last big cut of 10%.  Is it possible to feel the cuts this fast?  It's only been 4 days.

i meant i am done with being on benzos. i was on them from about 1980 - 1995 -- was off them for 7 years then back on from 2002- 2012 -- i am done!

I am (so done) also but first i need to get off the crap 14 months of tapering and a year or 2 more oh boy what a trip !

L is Librium the first benzo. The second benzo was Valium. Both invented by Roche who later invented Klonopin. I hate Roche! When I use the initial and pretty much any time I talk about Benzos I mean the brand name.

I hope I am doing things the best way. I have been on K for my entire adult life. I was prescribed it at 18 in 2002. I am sorry you were on it for so long, but happy you are off.

Sierra it is possible. I am not the best person to ask about MTing. Also I am very foggy right now. Are you sure you went from .20mg to .08mg? I am foggy, but I think that is like a 60% cut. I am confused. I would hold. Also someone who is less fogging and knows more about MT will help you. I hope you feel better!

Maya -  I definitely posted wrong.  I meant I'm at about 0.18.  Funny..  I was just posting in KK and I was like "oh crap, I think I posted 0.08"  I quick jumped back over here.  Sure enough.  Good catch!!

SG,

Thank you! I can definitely already feel an improvement with interdose wd. I really hope I can do a complete C/O and dose only three times a day. As always, I hope for the best and prepare for the worst (having to go back to K completely or only tolerating a small c/o).

That is not correct. I am foggy. My math must have been off. I didn't cut Sunday's pills yet. I hope tomorrow's aren't wrong.

This is what I meant to do for Sunday. I will put dose in mgs and grams. The first dose of K I won't put in mg because I know it's right because I am just cutting a .5mg in half and making sure it is the correct weight to equal the avg weight of .5mg pills. The other K doses are 1mg K pills avg weight of .174g. V pills I won't add because that I know is right and you confirmed it. My dose was originally 2.75mg K so on Sunday I should be on 2.05mg K and 14mg V right?

D1 .5mg K

D2 .3mg K .053G

D3 .3mg .053g

D4 .3mg .053g

D5 .3mg .053g

D6 .35mg .060g  These are correct, total 2.05mg

I just realized when I write this before I accidentally put .053g for last dose instead of .060g. I never have anyone check my math. Good thing I asked. I am sorry for the confusion. I am so foggy. If you don't mind checking what I did for tomorrow and Sat, I would really appreciate it. For those days I am doing 2.15mg K and 12mg V.

D1 .5mg K

D2 .35mg K .06g +  .045g V

D3 .3mg K .052g

D4 .3mg K .052g + .06g V

D5 .35mg K .06g

D6 .35mg K .06g + .075g V  These are correct, total 2.15mg K+12mg V

My doctor  told me to try valium  again.  Last time i tried to cross  over it kept building and  building  in my system  it felt like and i became  so fatigued and  weak i could  not move and i switched  back it was only tenmg that was two .onts ago and i havent had a window  since i have to get  out of tolerance withdrawal  somehow but the valium..... my liver.... im at my end idk what to do. My thoughts  are condemming me im in agony iu had a moment  last night where i was completely retarted and i dont mean  that in a derogatory  way i mean  my brain  stopped  working.  Im so fogged and akathisia and  terror  i tried to  add 5mg valium  last night and ut made it stop and then  i could not  get up this morning  and have  been  in a crisis  of akathisia and  crying  and being  atacked all day. But this was happening  before  i tried the valium should i  keep  taking it? I have  to get out of tolerance withdrawal  somehow  and im just scared  that uts not going to  help  every time i  add more benzo  it makes me  worse but if i stop then it will put me i. A worse withdrawal  syndrome i feel  cold turkey  even  though im not....

I am (so done) also but first i need to get off the crap 14 months of tapering and a year or 2 more oh boy what a trip !

my mother made her c/o from xanax to valium and she took about 2 1/2 years for her taper and she is fully functional with some minor and annoying symptoms. it sure can be done. i am so jealous of slow MT's. but of course i am happy for you too. ;)

SG,

Thank you! I was so foggy, I didn't completely trust my math. Also it is hard to get it exact especially with 1mg pills. I will cross 2mg tomorrow and keep doing that every other day and see how it goes. maybe move up to 3mg like I did last time or slow down if needed or hold etc. I will see how adding to two doses goes and if it goes well will probably try all 3. Hopefully, it continues to go well. I am sure I will need your help again. Hopefully, not too soon. I am still not sure what expect from the active metabolites. You are so amazing to help me so much! I hope you have a good night and are feeling well!

XO Maya

You wake up once at night??  Man!! I'd be ecstatic to just be able to go to sleep ONE time for a few hours. I pray, pray, pray for a time to come when I can sleep for more than a few minutes at a time. I "fell asleep" the other afternoon and woke up and just  knew that I'd been asleep for several hours. I felt pretty decent for a minute, looked at my clock, then noticed it had only been 16 minutes. Really stinks. My mind is officially lost. Let me know if you find my mind or anybody elses. I'll take whatever I can get. Thanks!

I know the feeling. After months of that, I couldn't take it any more and now I am drugged to sleep at night. On a good night I only wake up once. I don't know how good the quality of the sleep is, I'm still very tired, but it sure beats looking at the clock all night. The gabapentin doesn't work well or keep me asleep very long but it's better than nothing. The Q works better, but makes me feel awful the whole next day. Still beats looking at the clock all night, though.

So how's it going with your new doctor? Getting the scripts you need to taper properly?

Hey Gard! Yep, getting the scripts I need but still can't taper. Too messed up with the no-sleep thing, sweats and flashes, yada, yada, yada. Lots of stress. It's a mess, but hanging on. Having trouble with my computer. Trying to find someone to work on it who won't charge a lot. Anyway, keep truckin' along towards the finish!

Hugs to you and everyone else!

Jeff

Glad to hear from you, Jeff! Hope things settle down for you soon. Been tough for me lately, too.  :(

Gardener or Anybody?

I am dosing 4 times a day now and it helped with interdose W/D for a little bit, but now that my dose is getting lower, 0.35mg/24hrs, the W/D is ramping up. Do you think it might help alleviate the symptoms if I medicated every 4hrs rather than 6hrs? thanks, Rose

I found that when I got lower, I needed to dose more often. It's worth try!

You're going faster than me, Gard!!  I'm going ZERO and have been for quite a while. It does stink, but at least you're moving in the right direction. Keep the faith!!

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, I am going faster than zero. Thinking I may need to hold for a bit, though. Sure would hate to do that, though! Maybe I'll just slow down some more. Are you getting any improvement from holding yet?

I think when people abbreviate with a capital letter, they are usually referring the the brand name.

L=Librium

V=Valium

A=Ativan

X=Xanax

K=Klonopin

P.S. Oh, I see Maya beat me to this! And she is correct. The L is Librium.

I think when people abbreviate with a capital letter, they are usually referring the the brand name.

L=Librium

V=Valium

A=Ativan

X=Xanax

K=Klonopin

P.S. Oh, I see Maya beat me to this! And she is correct. The L is Librium.

i thought it was Librium but wasn't sure? i'll never forget hearing about Librium in the movie 'Same Time Next Year" with Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn.

You're going faster than me, Gard!!  I'm going ZERO and have been for quite a while. It does stink, but at least you're moving in the right direction. Keep the faith!!

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff. Yes, I am going faster than zero. Thinking I may need to hold for a bit, though. Sure would hate to do that, though! Maybe I'll just slow down some more. Are you getting any improvement from holding yet?

Hey Gard! Not really any improvement from holding. My adrenals, thyroid, and probably hormones are so out of wack. I'm waiting to get results from hormone testing. Just lots of other things going on and none of it is positive, so I don't want to list a bunch of negative things on here. Doesn't do any good anyway. Just trying the best I can at this point.

Hang tight!

Hey Maya!!!

Jeff

Hi all. It's been awhile since I have posted here. I was initially going to do a water/alcohol taper but was worried about doing this without medical supervision bc of my recent battel with cancer. I'm followed so closely by my drs there was just no way to do this on my own and not tell them. So I do have a dr supervising me now...finally.

My current meds are

.25 of A 8am

.25 of A 2pm

5mg of V 10 pm

Dr would like me to taper the 5mg of V down (eventually to 2.5)

He is having me do 4 mg pills of V and 1mg of compound. He has called in 1mg per ML of the valium and wants me to taper at a rate of .1ml per day or every other day. Just curious if that sounds like a reasonable start? (Seems fast?) Also they are recommending using almond oil for compound. Is that a good way to go?

....and maybe I don't belong on this thread anymore bc it's not truly a micro taper? I'm scared this isn't going to go well at the rate above. I'm already in bad shape from initial cut 10 months ago.

Hi all. It's been awhile since I have posted here. I was initially going to do a water/alcohol taper but was worried about doing this without medical supervision bc of my recent battel with cancer. I'm followed so closely by my drs there was just no way to do this on my own and not tell them. So I do have a dr supervising me now...finally.

My current meds are

.25 of A 8am

.25 of A 2pm

5mg of V 10 pm

He is having me do 4 mg pills of V and 1mg of compound. He has called in 1mg per ML of the valium and wants me to taper at a rate of .1ml per day or every other day. Just curious if that sounds like a reasonable start? (Seems fast?) Also they are recommending using almond oil for compound. Is that a good way to go?

....and maybe I don't belong on this thread anymore bc it's not truly a micro taper? I'm scared this isn't going to go well at the rate above. I'm already in bad shape from initial cut 10 months ago.

I would highly recommend tapering the ativan first.  Ativan is much shorter acting and the V will help with the symptoms while coming off the ativan.  Other than that you seem to have your head around the process.  I like the use of almond oil but you cant dilute it with water which will limit your cut size but if you can handle the .1ml you will do fine.

Stay strong!

sharkey

My current meds are

.25 of A 8am

.25 of A 2pm

5mg of V 10 pm

Hi Elizabeth, It looks like you are on .5mg Ativan and 5mg V.  That is equivalent to 10mg V.  Cutting .1ml a day of a 1mg=1ml liquid would be 3mg a month which is 30% of current dose....much too fast.  I doubt you could keep that up and it certainly is too aggressive to start.  I'd keep the starting cut below 10% a month.  Almond oil may be fine...another member, Moo, used something similar.

In addition, as Sharkey said, it would be better to taper the A first and leave the V for last.  Also, it would help to spread your doses.  A often needs four and V often needs two.  I'd split them both up evenly.

Thanks Sharky and SG. I really appreciate it.

I will go back to my dr about starting with A and breaking up the doses. Not sure how open he will be to it. He's been pretty good so far but always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

SG if I split my doses what would it look like?

2.5 of V in Am and PM?

.16 3x a day? (How would I get that.....compound form?)

Also would you dose two of the Ativan doses with the two V doses? Like below?

.16 A & 2.5 V 8am

.16 A 3pm

.16 A & 2.5 V 10pm

thank you

You might try dosing like this...

6am - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Noon - .125mgA

6pm - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Bed - .125mgA

You have choices with A as to how to liquify.  In addition to alcohol/water it comes in a prescription liquid and can also be compounded.

6am - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Noon - .125mgA

6pm - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Bed - .125mgA

You have choices with A as to how to liquify.  In addition to alcohol/water it comes in a prescription liquid and can also be compounded.

Also propylene glycol.

6am - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Noon - .125mgA

6pm - .125mgA+2.5mgV

Bed - .125mgA

Would I change one drug dosing schedule at a time? Like break the A into the 4 doses and then some time later break the V into 2 doses? Or so it all at once? I am worried about my body freaking out. It's so sensitive to change.  :-[

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Em...]
    • [Sw...]
    • [...]
    • [Pa...]
    • [...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [Ea...]
    • [Au...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [Po...]
    • [Os...]