Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi Anne,

Yes, all these shootings are so very sad.

I am more or less stable but decided not to taper right at this moment.  Just  have some stuff going on (but who doesn't....right).

How is your taper doing?  You must be getting down really low now.

Take care,

doodle dog

Hi Doodle,

I am glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better.  Yes, there is always something going on. My taper is going okay.  Nowhere near as easy as my first one though. I have been holding for a while due to high blood pressure spikes, and a feeling of inner shakiness. Of course, these symptoms bring on panic. I am down from 0.75 mg to about 0.340 mg/day.  I had hoped to be down to 0.25 mg this month--a major milestone, but I don't think that will happen until the end of November or mid December. I am just taking it slow.  Thank you for asking.

I had better get ready for work.  Have a great day!!

Anne

Goodnight Gard and everyone else passing by here.

Today has been an interesting day. I had a pretty okay sleep, first time in a while.

But it feels,like my mind is clearer and more calm . I can't really explain it. I forgot about this feeling. Maybe yesterday...I was feeling actually ...content ? I'm not sure . Lots of things to redefine .

My body is easily ticked off still. But it's only been so short since my jump.

Then again: I've been on a pretty low,dose for a while.

Will see what this night brings.

I bought my self a nice silver hand made bracelet that spoke to me. I wanted something lasting to remind me what a seemingly impossible thing I did. ::)

I don't really wear jewelry but I liked this a lot.

Anywa, just an update on how things are. It's not over. But okay... It also IS in a way.

:smitten:

Thanks for keeping us posted, Moo. I am so, so happy for you! :smitten:

[8a...]

Today has been an interesting day. I had a pretty okay sleep, first time in a while.

But it feels,like my mind is clearer and more calm . I can't really explain it. I forgot about this feeling. Maybe yesterday...I was feeling actually ...content ? I'm not sure . Lots of things to redefine .

I bought my self a nice silver hand made bracelet that spoke to me. I wanted something lasting to remind me what a seemingly impossible thing I did. ::)

Anywa, just an update on how things are. It's not over. But okay... It also IS in a way.

Thanks for keeping us posted, Moo. I am so, so happy for you! :smitten:

Moo, 

Smiling as I picture you moving more comfortably through your day with a clearer mind. Survivor/warrior brackets are a wonderful idea - perhaps including a medical alert that your body is a NO benzo zone.

Marija

Thanks for the update Moodle.  I really like to hear how things are going for people as they near the end and then after they complete their tapers and will plan to provide some updates as well when I get there.  I am glad to hear that you feel that things are improving since you jumped.

So I've decided to hold on my methadone for another week at 37mg because it's just too much. I got my scale and I'm ready to start knocking down very small amount probably won't feel any different for a Mont. You guys gave me some great tips.

I'm just trying to figure out how to apply it whether I rotate cutting pills or cut one pills at a time. Or a little off all every day. I think I do 4days cutting and 3 days hold and taper .002 probably 3 a day for a month and see where I'm at.

Thank you marija for all of your listening and patients and love you have been my main support  and always answer my questions the best you can and are so knowledgeable.

I been a little better the last couple days

But I'm heading back into hell soon and I get so sick and twisted in my waves it borders on psychotic and there's no way to make it feel better

So I've decided to hold on my methadone for another week at 37mg because it's just too much. I got my scale and I'm ready to start knocking down very small amount probably won't feel any different for a Mont. You guys gave me some great tips.

I'm just trying to figure out how to apply it whether I rotate cutting pills or cut one pills at a time. Or a little off all every day. I think I do 4days cutting and 3 days hold and taper .002 probably 3 a day for a month and see where I'm at.

Thank you marija for all of your listening and patients and love you have been my main support  and always answer my questions the best you can and are so knowledgeable.

But I'm heading back into hell soon and I get so sick and twisted in my waves it borders on psychotic and there's no way to make it feel better

Hip, if it were me, I'd go one dose at a time.

Say....0.25 off one dose first m gradually . Or whatever you're comfy with .

Then do the Same for your other dose, etc.

The reason I say this is that I've used scales when I was on Ativan and since you dose a few times a day, you'll be weighing pills and shaving for all your doses and it's quite a lot of work at once.

Also, if you shave and with till you reach 0.25 reduction, you'll have even amount for the rest of your dose, breaking pills is half.

I hoed it's clear what I'm trying to say...

Thanks everyone here for the support .

I'm not on as much as I used to be but I do read every day.

It means a lot to me.  :smitten:

Last night sleep has been pretty good again. I only woke up once and not in panic.

Ya I'm ganna hold till I get through this next cut of methadone then start with .002 a day for a while and see what happens it takes me 5 days to feel a cut from ativan cuz my liver.... It's weird if I Updose on the methadone it makes all my benzo withdrawal better for a week... Idg it good night everyone I sure could use a home here on the boards I feel like I can't fit in any www here

Hip, why don't you start a blog so people can find your home base and leave support posts for you? 

Here's the link:  Buddie Blogs

Ya I did the wrong quote. Oops sounded horrible I was repplying to the suggestion on how to fix the weight of my scale. I'm Almost completely blind now because of these pills not an ass.

Thank you

How is it going, Hiphop?

are you going to,hold for now and then use the scales ?

Sorry things are so awful for you right now.  :-\

Hang in there, Hip!!!  Keep fighting and keep searching for your success path. It's never too late to get healthy. We're all pulling for you and, just remember, you give us hope! You'll see...you're persistence will pay off.

Jeff

Regarding those who've tried the Adrenal Cocktail thing with some success: If it DID help you, then did it take some time for it to "kick in" and help with the night time cortisol blasts, or did it help from day one for you? I ask because I tried it last night and didn't have any result. Things were still the same...woke up with big hot flash and serious anxiety and panic around 3:30am. Really not good.

Thanks for the help!! MT MT MT

Jeff

Regarding those who've tried the Adrenal Cocktail thing with some success: If it DID help you, then did it take some time for it to "kick in" and help with the night time cortisol blasts, or did it help from day one for you? I ask because I tried it last night and didn't have any result. Things were still the same...woke up with big hot flash and serious anxiety and panic around 3:30am. Really not good.

Jeff

I started waking up less and later as well , after about a week. Your adrenals have taken a pretty large beating due to all stress and anxiety. So it might take a bit.

Eating good fats helps too.

And grass fed meats, etc.

Are you using the pink Himalayan sea salt?

Just checking in.  Work has been INSANE. That said, I started my taper September 1, 2015.  I am at .932mg.  Not where I planned, but better than 1mg where I started.  Sx...occasional anxiety,  mild facial tension,  several nights of insomnia, some tearful moments, but overall I have worked every day. Today I had what I call a QUIRKY day. Basically,  I was in a real (pardon my language please ) ...but a real F' it day!  You would have to appreciate that I have actually been a bit insecure with the new job due to fear of messing up and having quite a learning curve where the business is concerned. So I have been somewhat subdued and stressed.  But I have had it with the petty, immature employee who reports to me and her DRAMA EXTRAORDINAIRE.  OMG...That and a manager who games the system and is so freakin insincere, yet clueless that EVERYONE sees through his self serving front. Anyway...I have gone off on a tangent....but....my point is....I am doing okay.  It is a day by day process.  I distract as needed, but even in WD, I am coping better than I did years ago. This journey does strengthen us. I have no idea what tomorrow brings, but this evening was good. So, I take that as a gift, and thumb my nose at the benzo and the pharmaceutical companies /doctors who don't understand or care about the damage caused by their businesses.  Because it is about $$$ when all is said and done. Some docs drink the kool-aid and believe the lies,  but most....well...we all have our opinions.

Bottom line....keep fighting. A month has flown by. So it may take me longer than I had hoped, but I will do this. WE will do this. For those suffering greatly,  my heart is with you. Jeff....I am taking a combo of supplements to sleep. I so wish they would work for you.  Gard...stay strong as our good friend Sharkey says. Moodle...you are on your way. Anne...you are courageous. Keep up the good fight, and thanks for your support.  SG...my MT hero for the unwavering support to all of us. Anyone I have not really gotten to know but are here on this journey....fight with all you have. The mind is powerful and the poison cannot be allowed to win. 

I know the normal purpose of the thread is to be less chatty and more focused on helping design tapers, so forgive my rambling.  I do not post often....I am actually quite an introvert.  LOL. 

BUT IT WAS A DAY TO STAND STRONG AND PUSH BACK A BIT ON THE CORPORATE BS. I guess it flowed over into my evening.  Goodnight warriors.  ♡  Shaani the snail

[8a...]

Hiphop,

Glad to hear you are finding a plan, feeling some positivity and found a great thread to call home. Excellent support on this thread. 

Always here for you. 

Marija.

[8a...]

Last night sleep has been pretty good again. I only woke up once and not in panic.

Moo,

No panic upon waking - that's excellent news!!

Marija

Moo,

No panic upon waking - that's excellent news!!

Marija

I'm just kind of updating here and there . I think some people wanted to know as they are getting close to jumping?

Hope you're doing ok...

I'm going back and forth between fear and panic and adrenaline rush and akathisia and fatigue it's really ducked up just really unstable

Second day of taper dropped total of .004 but I had my good days and I'm heading back into the turmoil

Does anyone else have a consistent pattern of waves and baseline like completely lost in reality and physically sick and akathisia and fatigue and terror torment for a week and in that despair it feels like your dying and losing your mind and it's so painful and even though it happens over and over it feels different every time and then it is never going to end and when you are in it you can't remember ever not being in it and then when it passes you can't remember what it's like to be in it? This cycles every week or so but it so extreme I can't describe it I feel like I'm being strangled in torment on the couch I can't sleep but can't stay awake and m uhh my thoughts terrify me and it feels likethe world is closing in on me it's so painful there's no was out

But if I take my stomach pills with my methadone dose it goes away or lessons.

I think it builds plasma level

How can my methadone dose trigger benzo symptoms I'm so confused and scared

I'm supposed to be tapered off but if I take my stomach pills which I need then it increase plasma level so I'm not really tapering and I have to drop again....

I'm going back and forth between fear and panic and adrenaline rush and akathisia and fatigue it's really ducked up just really unstable

Second day of taper dropped total of .004 but I had my good days and I'm heading back into the turmoil

Does anyone else have a consistent pattern of waves and baseline like completely lost in reality and physically sick and akathisia and fatigue and terror torment for a week and in that despair it feels like your dying and losing your mind and it's so painful and even though it happens over and over it feels different every time and then it is never going to end and when you are in it you can't remember ever not being in it and then when it passes you can't remember what it's like to be in it? This cycles every week or so but it so extreme I can't describe it I feel like I'm being strangled in torment on the couch I can't sleep but can't stay awake and m uhh my thoughts terrify me and it feels likethe world is closing in on me it's so painful there's no was out

I'm supposed to be tapered off but if I take my stomach pills which I need then it increase plasma level so I'm not really tapering and I have to drop again....

Hip, I can't help you on the plasma question and the methadone etc.

I just don't know anything about it.

What I do know is that I felt like you described at the start of this journey, too.

Total contradictory feeling : restless and wiped out.

Feeling panic and yet zombie- ish and sleepy .

Jacked up inside. Mental torture and body hurting.

You're tapering, you're doing it.... :smitten:

I know no words helps much when you go through that but I wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Hip, I can't help you on the plasma question and the methadone etc.

I just don't know anything about it.

What I do know is that I felt like you described at the start of this journey, too.

Total contradictory feeling : restless and wiped out.

Feeling panic and yet zombie- ish and sleepy .

Jacked up inside. Mental torture and body hurting.

You're tapering, you're doing it.... :smitten:

I know no words helps much when you go through that but I wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Hip-hop....yes, when I was going through acute withdrawal I remember having bad waves not remembering what it felt like to feel good or okay. And then when I was feeling good I could not remember what it felt like in  a wave. Very common I think :)

Hi HipHop,

I was reading about what you've been experiencing, all the hell that comes with going off benzos. It would be best just to take it day by day, and not focus on how hard tomorrow or the next day or the next might be, and just push through it. A more positive spin on it would be to look at it like this: it seems that no matter what you are doing to get off this, you are going through a hard time, It seems you have interdose W/D no matter what, so you may as well continue with your plan to taper because you are going to experience a hard time, like most of us, either way, (holding or MT) By doing your MT you will at least be gaining some progress even though it's hard, where as if you continue to hold you will be experiencing a hard time without really getting anywhere. It just makes sense to me that if you are going to go through hell anyway, you might as well accomplish some progress. You have to hold onto the hope you will heal and this misery will eventually resolve. I am sorry you are having such a hard time.  Hang in there, Rose

Jeff

I started waking up less and later as well , after about a week. Your adrenals have taken a pretty large beating due to all stress and anxiety. So it might take a bit.

Eating good fats helps too.

And grass fed meats, etc.

Are you using the pink Himalayan sea salt?

Yes, I use the Himalayan salt, cut out sugar and processed foods about 7 months ago, eat plenty of the healthy fats, greens, fruit, etc. So, my eating is pretty clean. Last night was only the second time I tried the adrenal cocktail. Pretty nasty tasting, but if it works or even helps then it'll be worth it.

Thanks for the response!

Jeff

Just checking in.  Work has been INSANE. That said, I started my taper September 1, 2015.  I am at .932mg.  Not where I planned, but better than 1mg where I started.  Sx...occasional anxiety,  mild facial tension,  several nights of insomnia, some tearful moments, but overall I have worked every day. Today I had what I call a QUIRKY day. Basically,  I was in a real (pardon my language please ) ...but a real F' it day!  You would have to appreciate that I have actually been a bit insecure with the new job due to fear of messing up and having quite a learning curve where the business is concerned. So I have been somewhat subdued and stressed.  But I have had it with the petty, immature employee who reports to me and her DRAMA EXTRAORDINAIRE.  OMG...That and a manager who games the system and is so freakin insincere, yet clueless that EVERYONE sees through his self serving front. Anyway...I have gone off on a tangent....but....my point is....I am doing okay.  It is a day by day process.  I distract as needed, but even in WD, I am coping better than I did years ago. This journey does strengthen us. I have no idea what tomorrow brings, but this evening was good. So, I take that as a gift, and thumb my nose at the benzo and the pharmaceutical companies /doctors who don't understand or care about the damage caused by their businesses.  Because it is about $$$ when all is said and done. Some docs drink the kool-aid and believe the lies,  but most....well...we all have our opinions.

Bottom line....keep fighting. A month has flown by. So it may take me longer than I had hoped, but I will do this. WE will do this. For those suffering greatly,  my heart is with you. Jeff....I am taking a combo of supplements to sleep. I so wish they would work for you.  Gard...stay strong as our good friend Sharkey says. Moodle...you are on your way. Anne...you are courageous. Keep up the good fight, and thanks for your support.  SG...my MT hero for the unwavering support to all of us. Anyone I have not really gotten to know but are here on this journey....fight with all you have. The mind is powerful and the poison cannot be allowed to win. 

I know the normal purpose of the thread is to be less chatty and more focused on helping design tapers, so forgive my rambling.  I do not post often....I am actually quite an introvert.  LOL. 

BUT IT WAS A DAY TO STAND STRONG AND PUSH BACK A BIT ON THE CORPORATE BS. I guess it flowed over into my evening.  Goodnight warriors.  ♡  Shaani the snail

Wow, Shaani!! Your place sounds just like an AWESOME and joyous place to work. Are you hiring any new employees??  :) Kidding, of course, but you know that I wish you well. Keep up the great attitude!

Hugs as always.

Jeff

Hi HipHop,

I was reading about what you've been experiencing, all the hell that comes with going off benzos. It would be best just to take it day by day, and not focus on how hard tomorrow or the next day or the next might be, and just push through it. A more positive spin on it would be to look at it like this: it seems that no matter what you are doing to get off this, you are going through a hard time, It seems you have interdose W/D no matter what, so you may as well continue with your plan to taper because you are going to experience a hard time, like most of us, either way, (holding or MT) By doing your MT you will at least be gaining some progress even though it's hard, where as if you continue to hold you will be experiencing a hard time without really getting anywhere. It just makes sense to me that if you are going to go through hell anyway, you might as well accomplish some progress. You have to hold onto the hope you will heal and this misery will eventually resolve. I am sorry you are having such a hard time.  Hang in there, Rose

Very well said, Rose. I totally agree. Keep your head up, Hip!!!

Jeff

Hello BB's

I am just wondering if any of you have experienced this: nights that you feel heat and sweating all night long. I have my fan on me, but it can't even overpower the heat until it starts subsiding. I just get slammed every couple minutes with increased body temperature then horrible sweating, even between my fingers. This goes on for hours until the early morning hours like 5 or 6am when things calm down enough to go to sleep. It's exhausting. This doesn't happen every night but every three or four days and during the day, but not as often. And I feel it coming on just before my body temp starts going up, I start feeling bad. My husband can put his hand on me and just feel the radiating heat. Is my hypothalamus all screwed up and not be able to regulate my temp? Does anyone know what causes this? This is depressing and discouraging and downright miserable. I just hope I will heal from this. Thanks for the ears and empathy, Rose :(

Hello BB's

I am just wondering if any of you have experienced this: nights that you feel heat and sweating all night long. I have my fan on me, but it can't even overpower the heat until it starts subsiding. I just get slammed every couple minutes with increased body temperature then horrible sweating, even between my fingers. This goes on for hours until the early morning hours like 5 or 6am when things calm down enough to go to sleep. It's exhausting. This doesn't happen every night but every three or four days and during the day, but not as often. And I feel it coming on just before my body temp starts going up, I start feeling bad. My husband can put his hand on me and just feel the radiating heat. Is my hypothalamus all screwed up and not be able to regulate my temp? Does anyone know what causes this? This is depressing and discouraging and downright miserable. I just hope I will heal from this. Thanks for the ears and empathy, Rose :(

Hi Rose,

Yes, I've had that happen to me, too.

I'd be so hot that i couldnt  sleep, but it's also happened to me during the day where I felt like I had a fever. I did have some raised body temperatures, it wasn't just the feeling of it.

But it could be gone in an hour . Or linger. To disappear again out of nowhere.

Some people get it the other way around and freeze up.

I just wanted to let you know that it's gone, for me. And I'm sure this is one of those weird withdrawal symptoms that will just disappear again.

I k ow of two people here that have had the same and it hasn't come back for them either.

Parker wrote something about heat in the Post " Whats  happening in your brain" c I'm pretty sure you've read it?

I copied dome of it anyways. Doesn't explain why exactly it happens , but ok.... It's helpful maybe..

"BRAIN STRUCTURES

- amygdala  - This is the FEAR center in the brain. It's a tiny part in the middle of your brain. Fear is protective and it's GREAT if you need to assess something that is dangerous and to ACT  - like if a rabid dog were chasing you. - but it's hard in recoveyr when it's all you feel for months! But the FEAR is not truly in your MIND. It's in your BRAIN.  There is too much glutamate acting here in the amygdala and not enough GABA. So the nerves are firing off in the fear center when nothing scary is really there in your environment.  It is normal for that to happen given the circumstance physiologically. But it feels awful, doesn't it?  I know.  But it's just a brain structure. This can account for fear, agoraphobia, fear of water, fear of anything.  It's not that you're really "scared" of the moon - it's that you're in almost constant fear because this brain structure is healing. The glutamate is pruning back. The GABA receptors are opening back up.  It may or may not continue for awhile. It will abate. Then come back. But eventually, the brain will get it right.  :)

-Hippocampus - This is the "memory" center of the brain. It ties in old memories to emotions.  The same thing is happening here that is happening in the amygdala with GABA and Glutamate. So - voila. You get intrusive memories from ALL times in your life.  It's wild and wicked and wooly. But it can't hurt you. And if you can learn to visualize this as what is happening - then you can learn to be objective and realize it's normal.  And like the amygdala - it will come and go and frustrate you, but it will go away when the physiology is restored.

Hypothalamus This is the structure that is responsible for regulating body temperature. In early withdrawal, my body temperature would drop to 96 degrees in waves! Then 3 hours later, it would return to normal. I'd literally freeze in terror in bed for hours.  I am sure it is more complicated that JUST the hypothalamus, but I could picture this part of my brain retuning and restructuring, and it was less scary that way.

The following structures in the brain are part of the "gray matter" or the "cortex "and what we consider to be the "higher brain"- the thinking and processing parts"

The links to the whole,post is right there

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

Sorry you're dealing with this. It's a really icky feeling.

As with all the other xs, it will go away in time .... :smitten:

Hello BB's

yes. the night sweats are rough but nothing really yo do but run the ceiling fan all night. It is a part of healing and you seem to be reducing very well. we started about the same time and dose but you have done much better. Good job. I am in a hold right now because of anxiety but hope to get going again soon.