Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

How are you doing, Moo? I mean besides showing off with those bent syringes!  >:( 

:laugh:

Ha, my son and I broke them when I took my last dose  >:D

Well, I got to say...it hadn't been rosy. The first few nights I woke up at 2 am and feeling sweaty and weird. Panicky.

Might have been just a result from the lower dose I've been one for that time before... Cause I doubt I'd feel it the same night ? I don't know?

Bit to discouraged me , to be honest.

Last night and yesterday night were a little bit better.

I feel I'm easily anxious and feeling that racey, icky feeling,

Hoping the trend is up. Well, knowing... Knowing its up.

How are you doing, Gard?

I see you plan on doing some classes ?

That is AWESOME. You're such a trooper. :smitten:

Thanks for asking.

How are you doing, Moo? I mean besides showing off with those bent syringes!  >:( 

Well, I got to say...it hadn't been rosy. The first few nights I woke up at 2 am and feeling sweaty and weird. Panicky.

Might have been just a result from the lower dose I've been one for that time before... Cause I doubt I'd feel it the same night ? I don't know?

How are you doing, Gard?

Thanks for asking.

It sounds like you're a bit better, so heading in the right direction, Moo! I'm cheering for you! :yippee:

Yup, I went down to the community college (only 10 minutes from my house) and talked to an advisor. She suggested I start with an easy one-credit, online office skills class that starts spring semester and is required in a lot of majors. So I don't have to actually pick a direction until next fall. Sounds like a good plan to me! My son, however, is less than thrilled that he may bump into his mother on campus next semester!  :laugh: :laugh:

I think it's  a good way to get me out of the house (would have to use the campus computers to access the software) and doing something more positive. I was going to AA meetings to battle my agoraphobia, but I began to find them rather depressing (so many sad stories). And then add that Librium is depressing, so not a good mix. AA did get me up and moving, though, when I was completely stuck, so it was a good experience. But now it's time to move onto something a little more uplifting. Plus, going to school gives me the advantage of being able to challenge my son. Would he really let his mom pass him up and complete a degree before he did?! I'm thinking not, so maybe this will get him moving, too! :D (He crashed and burned out of his major last month which is why I was quiet for awhile. I was picking up the pieces and helping him patch his life back together. He was in a very dark place.)

Been wondering lately if I should have stopped my half cross-over about 5 mg of Librium back because I felt less depressed before that last 5 mg. Seems crazy dangerous to take that 5 mg of L off and add the X back on, though. So I'm just tolerating this low mood thing and hoping it gets better. Some days are good and I still can get out and about most days, so I don't have much to complain about. Beats my jumping-out-of-my-skin, brain-on-fire days!! Really, almost anything is better than having fireworks go off on your brain. I am very glad that was short-lived.

Trying to pick up the pace on my micro-taper a tiny bit this week. That's one nice thing about having that liquid X portion to mess with. I can make adjustments easily and know quickly if they are going to be OK or not. All my L is still in capsules so I have yet to have the thrill of dissolving and diluting! Poor me!  ;)

Just think, Moo, all that is behind you!! I'm so happy for you (when I'm not being jealous :laugh:).

Gard :smitten:

[f4...]

How are you doing, Gard?

Thanks for asking.

It sounds like you're a bit better, so heading in the right direction, Moo! I'm cheering for you! :yippee:

Yup, I went down to the community college (only 10 minutes from my house) and talked to an advisor. She suggested I start with an easy one-credit, online office skills class that starts spring semester and is required in a lot of majors. So I don't have to actually pick a direction until next fall. Sounds like a good plan to me! My son, however, is less than thrilled that he may bump into his mother on campus next semester!  :laugh: :laugh:

I think it's  a good way to get me out of the house (would have to use the campus computers to access the software) and doing something more positive. I was going to AA meetings to battle my agoraphobia, but I began to find them rather depressing (so many sad stories). And then add that Librium is depressing, so not a good mix. AA did get me up and moving, though, when I was completely stuck, so it was a good experience. But now it's time to move onto something a little more uplifting. Plus, going to school gives me the advantage of being able to challenge my son. Would he really let his mom pass him up and complete a degree before he did?! I'm thinking not, so maybe this will get him moving, too! :D (He crashed and burned out of his major last month which is why I was quiet for awhile. I was picking up the pieces and helping him patch his life back together. He was in a very dark place.)

Been wondering lately if I should have stopped my half cross-over about 5 mg of Librium back because I felt less depressed before that last 5 mg. Seems crazy dangerous to take that 5 mg of L off and add the X back on, though. So I'm just tolerating this low mood thing and hoping it gets better. Some days are good and I still can get out and about most days, so I don't have much to complain about. Beats my jumping-out-of-my-skin, brain-on-fire days!! Really, almost anything is better than having fireworks go off on your brain. I am very glad that was short-lived.

Trying to pick up the pace on my micro-taper a tiny bit this week. That's one nice thing about having that liquid X portion to mess with. I can make adjustments easily and know quickly if they are going to be OK or not. All my L is still in capsules so I have yet to have the thrill of dissolving and diluting! Poor me!  ;)

Just think, Moo, all that is behind you!! I'm so happy for you (when I'm not being jealous :laugh:).

Gard :smitten:

You're a great mum, Gardner. Hope your son is feeling better.

[f4...]

How are you doing, Gard?

Thanks for asking.

[/quot

Sending some hugs Moo. Better days are just around the corner.

💗

I just got a brand new scale. It's very expensive and it's like .002 or 3 off every time even after calibration. Is this go I to be a problem for micro taper how do I deal with this the last scale I had was like this too so I believe it's just because of the low weight any advice thanks

I've BE holding after trying to cross over to valium and couldn't handle it I feel like it messed me up and I not going to stabilize I was never stable to begin with but things are getting worse and worse and I haven't begun my taper yet

:'( Such heartbreak to have another mass shooting here in Oregon. All the people affected by this, so sad. It's depressing too. Update on my progress- it is happening slowly but surely, am in the process of cutting again now. I make a 1% cut then have to hold a couple of days till I stabilize. I would really like to be able to cut 1% everyday, but my system just can't handle it. Hope everybody else is doing well, and I so look forward to when I reach .25mg Xanax a day, then I will feel like I am on the home stretch! Well I must get back to canning my garden carrots, both plain and brown sugar/orange juice glazed- yum! So good in the winter.                                                                                                        Take Care, Rose

Hi Rose,

I know what you mean about the tragic Oregon shooting.  I have never moved past the Sandy Hook tragedy let alone all that has happened since then.

Just checking in to say hi too everyone and wish you all the best of luck on your tapers.  I am still at my .25 mg of ativan.

Take care,

doodle dog :)

I just got a brand new scale. It's very expensive and it's like .002 or 3 off every time even after calibration. Is this go I to be a problem for micro taper how do I deal with this the last scale I had was like this too so I believe it's just because of the low weight any advice thanks

I've BE holding after trying to cross over to valium and couldn't handle it I feel like it messed me up and I not going to stabilize I was never stable to begin with but things are getting worse and worse and I haven't begun my taper yet

That calibration really used to drive me crazy when I used a  scale. Sometimes I would have to calibrate it 3 or 4 times to get it accurate, but eventually it would work. Here's the one I used.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ESHDGOI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Be sure you always use it on the same level surface. I used the kitchen counter because it was more solid than the table. A nice desk would work, too. Any air movement or vibration will affect it so don't even breathe on it when you're calibrating or measuring. I also tried to use the enclosed tweezers to handle the pills when I could because I found myself having to pick up the same pill  over and over and didn't want the oils in my hands absorbed into the pill and throwing the weight off.

I crossed half way to Librium and felt like I couldn't cross any more so am just going along tolerating the Librium (which did stop the hourly yo-yoing but is depressing, like V) and am liquid micro-tapering my remaining X now. When I felt awful and held for a long time and didn't feel better, I decided to do a very slow daily micro-taper. I didn't feel any better or any worse doing that and at least I was making progress! Making progress can be something to hang onto when you feel really awful because at least you feel awful for a purpose, to get those drugs out of your body! You can do it! :thumbsup:

:'( Such heartbreak to have another mass shooting here in Oregon. All the people affected by this, so sad. It's depressing too. Update on my progress- it is happening slowly but surely, am in the process of cutting again now. I make a 1% cut then have to hold a couple of days till I stabilize. I would really like to be able to cut 1% everyday, but my system just can't handle it. Hope everybody else is doing well, and I so look forward to when I reach .25mg Xanax a day, then I will feel like I am on the home stretch! Well I must get back to canning my garden carrots, both plain and brown sugar/orange juice glazed- yum! So good in the winter.                                                                                                        Take Care, Rose

Hi Rose,

I know what you mean about the tragic Oregon shooting.  I have never moved past the Sandy Hook tragedy let alone all that has happened since then.

Just checking in to say hi too everyone and wish you all the best of luck on your tapers.  I am still at my .25 mg of ativan.

Take care,

Hi Doods!! :yippee:  :hug:

This info might help anyone who is troubled by waking up at 3-4 am and suffering from cortisol surges

I've been drinking it off and on through my taper and it helped me.

Why Stress Causes You to Wake Up at 3am

Stress causes the adrenal glands to fire off adrenaline. This gives you a burst of energy to deal with stressful situations. Adrenaline also raises the heart rate, increases respiration, dilates the pupils, slows down digestion and causes muscles to contract. It’s like caffeine on steroids!

So if you are stressed or upset it can be impossible to fall asleep, but why does it always wake you up at 3am?

3am is when your liver regenerates. To do so, it needs glycogen. The problem is that adrenaline causes your cells to use up glycogen. So if you are often stressed, your body may not have enough glycogen for the liver to regenerate at 3am. If your liver cannot get the glycogen it needs, your adrenal glands will compensate by releasing adrenalin, which is why you are wide awake and ready for action, not exactly a state you want to be in at 3am.

An Easy, “Do It Yourself” Remedy

Adrenal Cocktail Recipe

½ cup orange juice

½ teaspoon cream of tarter

½ teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic salt

Just mix all the ingredients and drink before bed. order pre-mixed packets here

*You may also do this in the morning to deal with stress throughout the day, but always be sure to drink it before bed as well.

Why The Adrenal Cocktail Stops You From Always Waking Up at 3am

The Adrenal Cocktail is made up of ingredients that replenish vital organs and stabilize glucose levels to keep you from waking up at 3am.

Fresh squeezed orange juice gives the liver glucose it needs to regenerate.

Cream of tartar is high in potassium, an element that is essential for the sodium/potassium balance in cells, vital organs (liver), muscles, nerves, and the digestive system.

Himalayan salt, contains 84 essential minerals and elements found in the human body, helping feed the adrenals and refresh body’s the sodium/potassium pump.

Glad you posted the cocktail.  I suffered from the adrenal surges and the cocktail worked for me.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Leonard Fournette  :)

That guy is so insanely good!!!  Fun to watch this year for sure.

Moodle, he is a football player for LSU.  Jeff and I both went to Lsu!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hip hop,

Try using a weight on the scale with the pill.  Sometimes scales are not as accurate at less than 1 gram.  For example get a 5g weight and put on the scale, then add the pill so it will read 5.3 instead of .3 with just the pill.  Make sense?

sharkey

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Hi Doodle Dog!!

Yes, this is another terrible tragedy. I read on CNN that there have been 74 school shootings in the last 18 months.

It is good to hear from you.  How are you doing?  I hope that you have been able to stabilize.

Warm regards,

Anne

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Has anyone wondered if the ones carrying out mass shootings are on benzos, ssri's and sin's?

Hi Doodle Dog!!

Yes, this is another terrible tragedy. I read on CNN that there have been 74 school shootings in the last 18 months.

It is good to hear from you.  How are you doing?  I hope that you have been able to stabilize.

Warm regards,

Anne

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Hi Doodle Dog!!

Warm regards,

Anne

this is genius thank you sweeeet

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Hi Doodle Dog!!

Warm regards,

Anne

When I just saw this comment I didn't get it....

So, I scrolled up and found this

Hip hop,

Try using a weight on the scale with the pill.  Sometimes scales are not as accurate at less than 1 gram.  For example get a 5g weight and put on the scale, then add the pill so it will read 5.3 instead of .3 with just the pill.  Make sense?

sharkey

So I think Hiphop accidentally quoted the wrong reply, that's all.

Just in case someone else didn't get it either .

:smitten:

This info might help anyone who is troubled by waking up at 3-4 am and suffering from cortisol surges

I've been drinking it off and on through my taper and it helped me.

Why Stress Causes You to Wake Up at 3am

Stress causes the adrenal glands to fire off adrenaline. This gives you a burst of energy to deal with stressful situations. Adrenaline also raises the heart rate, increases respiration, dilates the pupils, slows down digestion and causes muscles to contract. It’s like caffeine on steroids!

So if you are stressed or upset it can be impossible to fall asleep, but why does it always wake you up at 3am?

3am is when your liver regenerates. To do so, it needs glycogen. The problem is that adrenaline causes your cells to use up glycogen. So if you are often stressed, your body may not have enough glycogen for the liver to regenerate at 3am. If your liver cannot get the glycogen it needs, your adrenal glands will compensate by releasing adrenalin, which is why you are wide awake and ready for action, not exactly a state you want to be in at 3am.

An Easy, “Do It Yourself” Remedy

Adrenal Cocktail Recipe

½ cup orange juice

½ teaspoon cream of tarter

½ teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic salt

Just mix all the ingredients and drink before bed. order pre-mixed packets here

*You may also do this in the morning to deal with stress throughout the day, but always be sure to drink it before bed as well.

Why The Adrenal Cocktail Stops You From Always Waking Up at 3am

The Adrenal Cocktail is made up of ingredients that replenish vital organs and stabilize glucose levels to keep you from waking up at 3am.

Fresh squeezed orange juice gives the liver glucose it needs to regenerate.

Cream of tartar is high in potassium, an element that is essential for the sodium/potassium balance in cells, vital organs (liver), muscles, nerves, and the digestive system.

Himalayan salt, contains 84 essential minerals and elements found in the human body, helping feed the adrenals and refresh body’s the sodium/potassium pump.

Glad you posted the cocktail.  I suffered from the adrenal surges and the cocktail worked for me.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Leonard Fournette  :)

Who's that?

Is that the guy who wrote this?

The link to this has been circulating here for a while , I copied this text and saved it on my iPad. :laugh:

If so, that's good to know because I'd be interested if there are more of this kind of natural remedies from his hand.

I could be wrong, but I doubt that Leonard is dealing with any adrenal surges right now. He's probably having cocktails, but different ones (maybe celebration cocktails in a few months for winning the Heisman trophy). He's the big time running back for LSU football. MT MT MT  :)

Ya I did the wrong quote. Oops sounded horrible I was repplying to the suggestion on how to fix the weight of my scale. I'm Almost completely blind now because of these pills not an ass.

Thank you

Ya I did the wrong quote. Oops sounded horrible I was repplying to the suggestion on how to fix the weight of my scale. I'm Almost completely blind now because of these pills not an ass.

Thank you

How is it going, Hiphop?

are you going to,hold for now and then use the scales ?

Sorry things are so awful for you right now.  :-\

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Hi Doodle Dog!!

Warm regards,

Anne

When I just saw this comment I didn't get it....

So, I scrolled up and found this

Hip hop,

sharkey

So I think Hiphop accidentally quoted the wrong reply, that's all.

Just in case someone else didn't get it either .

Thanks Moo for the clarification.  I thought that my brain was just too tired to get it.

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Hi Doods!! :yippee:  :hug:

Hi Gardener,

I've been missing you.  I will go post on your blog.

doodle dog :hug:

Hi Rose,

Take care,

Hi Doodle Dog!!

Warm regards,

Anne

Hi Anne,

Yes, all these shootings are so very sad.

I am more or less stable but decided not to taper right at this moment.  Just  have some stuff going on (but who doesn't....right).

How is your taper doing?  You must be getting down really low now.

Take care,

doodle dog

Thank you

Ah, don't worry Hip. We all understand cog fog and poor focus. In fact, I'm pretty fuzzy and correcting lots of typos as I try to type this right now. Gabapentin makes me woozy and wacky. :o  Time to crash and hope for sleep.  :sleepy:

Good night, all!

Goodnight Gard and everyone else passing by here.

Today has been an interesting day. I had a pretty okay sleep, first time in a while.

But it feels,like my mind is clearer and more calm . I can't really explain it. I forgot about this feeling. Maybe yesterday...I was feeling actually ...content ? I'm not sure . Lots of things to redefine .

My body is easily ticked off still. But it's only been so short since my jump.

Then again: I've been on a pretty low,dose for a while.

Will see what this night brings.

I bought my self a nice silver hand made bracelet that spoke to me. I wanted something lasting to remind me what a seemingly impossible thing I did. ::)

I don't really wear jewelry but I liked this a lot.

Anywa, just an update on how things are. It's not over. But okay... It also IS in a way.

Ya I'm ganna hold till I get through this next cut of methadone then start with .002 a day for a while and see what happens it takes me 5 days to feel a cut from ativan cuz my liver.... It's weird if I Updose on the methadone it makes all my benzo withdrawal better for a week... Idg it good night everyone I sure could use a home here on the boards I feel like I can't fit in any www here