Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

SG.  .25ml / day is my cut rate.  Original dose 1mg of K /day.  Divided onto 2 doses. 

Shaani

Do you put 1mg K into 100ml liquid?  That would be .0025mg a day.  That makes sense as you said you got from 1mg to .9675mg in 13 days.  That would be 7.5% for the first month.  Symptoms should not be allowed to increase so, as Bennie said, hold until you feel ready.  Or if you feel they are acceptable you could try dropping to 5% and keep going.  That would be .15ml a day.  I think it is important to create immediate success and find a rate you can live with that does not increase symptoms, then move up from there.

Totally agree with this!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ugh...I will hold. I really just wanted to be able to keep cutting. At this rate I will be on this drug for a long time. Preaching to the choir.  It sucks. Thanks for responding guys.  Shaani

It DOES suck, Shaani. At least you're below 1mg. I'd give my left and right arm to even be remotely close to that. I guess it's all perspective  :)  When you're free and clear, I'll still have a couple more years to go. Doesn't matter. At least we'll ALL be benzo free one day!!

Many hugs and prayers comin' atcha!

Jeff

good morning..have a question for SG or anyone who can help me

went to my doc yesterday and he wrote my script out so i would have enough if i wanted to try dosing 4x's a day instead of 3 to see if i would feel better it seems like the 3x's a day just isnt getting me through to the next dose..not sure whats going on but i have been on hold since went to my other doc the beginning of the month but enough is enough..i am already in wds and after 28 yrs its not going to get any better..

my only problem is what would my weights be since i dose 3 xs a day 1mg tabs .121.. average weight being .170..and how long would i do this before i started tapering those since it would be yet another change??

I am just so sick and tired of being sick and tired..and doc said i could start to taper again when i am ready from all the stress i have had since july..well if i am waiting for that i will never get started again..so i am wanting to get started and not just sit it and get nowhere..but it seems that now that i am at 2.2 mgs i just cant seem to make it to 2mgs for some reason and not sure what that reason is..any help would be so appreciated.

thanks in advance

deep

good morning..have a question for SG or anyone who can help me

went to my doc yesterday and he wrote my script out so i would have enough if i wanted to try dosing 4x's a day instead of 3 to see if i would feel better it seems like the 3x's a day just isnt getting me through to the next dose..not sure whats going on but i have been on hold since went to my other doc the beginning of the month but enough is enough..i am already in wds and after 28 yrs its not going to get any better..

my only problem is what would my weights be since i dose 3 xs a day 1mg tabs .121.. average weight being .170..and how long would i do this before i started tapering those since it would be yet another change??

I am just so sick and tired of being sick and tired..and doc said i could start to taper again when i am ready from all the stress i have had since july..well if i am waiting for that i will never get started again..so i am wanting to get started and not just sit it and get nowhere..but it seems that now that i am at 2.2 mgs i just cant seem to make it to 2mgs for some reason and not sure what that reason is..any help would be so appreciated.

thanks in advance

deep

Hi Deep,

Your current dose seems to be .121g x3, so .363g a day.  For four doses, each dose would weigh .363g/4=.091g.

I'm not big on waiting when these changes are made as you still get the same dose each day, but others may disagree.  Your current dose seems to be 2.134mg...good job getting there.

I'd also point out that between holding and cutting there is a range of slower cuts as an option for you.  You could drop it into low gear for a while to give yourself a feeling of progress, rather than completely stopping and holding or cutting at your usual rate.

I am just over 2 months off of benzos and I am happy about how I feel.  If I'm not under stress, then most of the time I feel fine.  I have had 2 or 3 waves (as they are referred to here) that were pretty bad that I felt off for a few days and had bad depression but they were gone in a few days.  But I've also experienced a large window that lasted about a week and I felt better than I have in a long time.  Other than that, I am still very sensitive to anxiety under stress but I have learned through the tapering process how to manage it an still function almost normally.  If further healing is ahead of me I will be extremely pleased.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi Sharkey,

I am glad to hear you seem to be improving as you get farther into the post-withdrawal phase.  I am really looking forward to that phase.  So far I seem to be doing pretty well as I near the end of my taper.  My withdrawal symptoms remain tolerable and are certainly not getting any worse.  This is interesting since my percentage daily cuts are increasing significantly and are now at ~4%/day at my 0.003 mg/day taper rate.  It seems that the percentage rule of thumb is breaking down at the end and I am finding that my body can handle a particular daily reduction regardless of the fact that it represents a high and higher percentage cut.  Did you find that you were pretty stable all the way to the end on a constant daily taper rate?

Yes, I was pretty stable all the way to 0.  I held for a week at one point and a few days another time but kept the same cut rate of .0025mg.

Im on 1.70 mhg of Ativab and 2.5 valum(i cant see myself getting off by dry cutting)

I want to do a daily taper - i put a tablet in vodka yesterday and it didnt dissolve it was 175 proff vodka?

Any thoughts?

I have severe tmj and light sensitivity on skin and eyes fromthis damn drug- i can't leave my darkened flat.

I am just over 2 months off of benzos and I am happy about how I feel.  If I'm not under stress, then most of the time I feel fine.  I have had 2 or 3 waves (as they are referred to here) that were pretty bad that I felt off for a few days and had bad depression but they were gone in a few days.  But I've also experienced a large window that lasted about a week and I felt better than I have in a long time.  Other than that, I am still very sensitive to anxiety under stress but I have learned through the tapering process how to manage it an still function almost normally.  If further healing is ahead of me I will be extremely pleased.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi Sharkey,

I am glad to hear you seem to be improving as you get farther into the post-withdrawal phase.  I am really looking forward to that phase.  So far I seem to be doing pretty well as I near the end of my taper.  My withdrawal symptoms remain tolerable and are certainly not getting any worse.  This is interesting since my percentage daily cuts are increasing significantly and are now at ~4%/day at my 0.003 mg/day taper rate.  It seems that the percentage rule of thumb is breaking down at the end and I am finding that my body can handle a particular daily reduction regardless of the fact that it represents a high and higher percentage cut.  Did you find that you were pretty stable all the way to the end on a constant daily taper rate?

Yes, I was pretty stable all the way to 0.  I held for a week at one point and a few days another time but kept the same cut rate of .0025mg.

Thanks for the feedback Sharkey.  I am glad to hear you had a similar experience.  Over the last several months on BB I have noticed several people on clonazepam who were able to taper to the end at a constant rate. 

Being on a high-dose still, I am taking two 0.5mg pills plus the cut piece of another 0.5 tablet per dose. I don't know though how this will work out when I get close to 2mg for instance, the "cut piece" will be so tiny... but I don't want to make a "step" as Clona calls it.

Same dilemma applies to people getting off their benzo with dry cutting I guess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hey Julz!

There's a solution for avoiding that tiny piece of pill. Hopefully you have saved extra pieces of pill in an airtight container. Just put a total of 2.0 mg pieces—or whatever you need the dose to be—into the scale, measuring by grams. Folks should know if they don't already, the smaller the whole pill increment, the larger the pieces will be. This is a good thing.

Having said that....you are right: by the time we walk off our tapers, that last piece of pill is going to be pretty small. That too can be somewhat solved by placing the 10 g weight in the pan and adding the chip. Otherwise, it might not even register on the scale. Some people might choose to switch to titration at this point. But I've seen that this is often where bravery kicks in, and someone jumps from their micro ledge.

Good to hear from ya, and best wishes on the way down!

Bennie

:smitten:

P.s. I also use gel caps to hold the total dose of chips.

What scales are you using to be able to get daily cutting accurate?

SG.  .25ml / day is my cut rate.  Original dose 1mg of K /day.  Divided onto 2 doses. 

Shaani

Do you put 1mg K into 100ml liquid?  That would be .0025mg a day.  That makes sense as you said you got from 1mg to .9675mg in 13 days.  That would be 7.5% for the first month.  Symptoms should not be allowed to increase so, as Bennie said, hold until you feel ready.  Or if you feel they are acceptable you could try dropping to 5% and keep going.  That would be .15ml a day.  I think it is important to create immediate success and find a rate you can live with that does not increase symptoms, then move up from there.

Ugh...I will hold. I really just wanted to be able to keep cutting. At this rate I will be on this drug for a long time. Preaching to the choir.  It sucks. Thanks for responding guys.  Shaani

Shaani, You and I are seem to be going for the world's record in slow tapers. I can only tolerate 5% right now, so I'm winning! Er, losing? ::):laugh:

Shaani

It DOES suck, Shaani. At least you're below 1mg. I'd give my left and right arm to even be remotely close to that. I guess it's all perspective  :)  When you're free and clear, I'll still have a couple more years to go. Doesn't matter. At least we'll ALL be benzo free one day!!

Jeff

Jeff, What's the word on the new doctor? Haven't been on the thread for a few days and wondering if I missed your big news.

Gard :smitten:

Im on 1.70 mhg of Ativab and 2.5 valum(i cant see myself getting off by dry cutting)

I want to do a daily taper - i put a tablet in vodka yesterday and it didnt dissolve it was 175 proff vodka?

Any thoughts?

I have severe tmj and light sensitivity on skin and eyes fromthis damn drug- i can't leave my darkened flat.

What exactly did it do?

Hello everyone,

I have decided that micro tapering is going to be my best option. I am currently taking 2.75mg's a day of clonazepam. I take my first dose of 1mg at 7am, my second dose of 1mg at 2pm, and my last dose of 0.75 mg at 10 pm. So I am dosing every 8 hours around the clock. I made my first cut about 1 wee ago from 3mg down to 2 mg and I am currently "stabilizing"--as much as one can-- on this dose.

I purchased the Gemini scale that weighs in .001 mg's and all the other materials to try a dry cut M/T. I have watched the YouTube tutorial, but I need help.

I was wondering if someone can help put me on a schedule, and help me start this journey, so maybe one day god willing, I get through this and help others.

I have been on kpins for 7 years, always at 2 mg daily, but 3 years ago it was up'd 1 more mg-huge mistake.  I utilize the VA so my options for help there are limited due to their strict policies and guidelines. I currently get the 1 mg pills and when I see my doc next month, I will request the .5 mg pills. Unfortunately, Valium is not an option so this is what I'm working with.

Please, any help with a schedule would be so greatly appreciated. I have not told my doc yet for fear of him pulling the rug out from underneath me and tapering me in two weeks, which the VA IS NOTORIOUS FOR. I've spoke with other veterans and they have gone through hell--with an agonizing 2 week Librium taper. So I have my reason to get off w/out my doc's supervision yet.

Anyway, thank you all for what you do

Holyhope

Hello everyone,

I have decided that micro tapering is going to be my best option. I am currently taking 2.75mg's a day of clonazepam. I take my first dose of 1mg at 7am, my second dose of 1mg at 2pm, and my last dose of 0.75 mg at 10 pm. So I am dosing every 8 hours around the clock. I made my first cut about 1 wee ago from 3mg down to 2 mg and I am currently "stabilizing"--as much as one can-- on this dose.

I purchased the Gemini scale that weighs in .001 mg's and all the other materials to try a dry cut M/T. I have watched the YouTube tutorial, but I need help.

I was wondering if someone can help put me on a schedule, and help me start this journey, so maybe one day god willing, I get through this and help others.

I have been on kpins for 7 years, always at 2 mg daily, but 3 years ago it was up'd 1 more mg-huge mistake.  I utilize the VA so my options for help there are limited due to their strict policies and guidelines. I currently get the 1 mg pills and when I see my doc next month, I will request the .5 mg pills. Unfortunately, Valium is not an option so this is what I'm working with.

Please, any help with a schedule would be so greatly appreciated. I have not told my doc yet for fear of him pulling the rug out from underneath me and tapering me in two weeks, which the VA IS NOTORIOUS FOR. I've spoke with other veterans and they have gone through hell--with an agonizing 2 week Librium taper. So I have my reason to get off w/out my doc's supervision yet.

Holyhope

Hi, Your dosing looks pretty good, every eight hours.  If your 1mg pills weigh around .170g then each .001g on the scale will be ~.006mg K.  My advice is to begin modestly and find a cut that gives you immediate success so you can get your bearings.  I'd suggest cutting .001g a day from the pill weight, which would be .006mg K a day.

Okay, am I cutting that much from all 3 doses or just one. I'm sorry, I'm actually educated--my brain is just fried.

Thank you for your response

If you cut .001g from your total dose that will be about .006mg, since they are 1mg pills.  Since you take three doses a day a good way to do this would be to rotate the cut from dose to dose, i.e., day 1 cut .001g from morning dose, day 2 cut .001g from afternoon dose, day 3 cut .001g from the night dose, day 4 go back to cutting from the morning dose, etc.

Shaani, You and I are seem to be going for the world's record in slow tapers. I can only tolerate 5% right now, so I'm winning! Er, losing? ::):laugh:

Gard...I held last night. Seemed to help. Anxiety is due to work and the K.  I do not think it will subside 100% until I am off K for a while.  I sure hope you get relief and can put the taper behind you.  I have been on this crap for more than 12 yeaars. Which we all knows is not cool.

I will cut by .15ml tonight. Gotta keep going.

We are both winners.  Gotta be to tolerate this craziness. 

Hugs.

Shaani

Shaani

Jeff

Jeff, What's the word on the new doctor? Haven't been on the thread for a few days and wondering if I missed your big news.

Hey Miss America!! As always, nice of you to ask...or, even remember. Heck, I can barely remember. Anyway, I go to the doc tomorrow. Honestly, I'm pretty freaked out and nervous, but I can only control what I think. I can't control HIM, but we'll see what happens. Oh, and I saw your post about 5%. Give me a 5% per YEAR reduction, and I'd be happy!! Right now I'm flying along at zero. Lightspeed, huh??  ;)

Catch ya later. Hugs to you!

Jeff

Hello everyone,

Holyhope

Holy, to he## with your doc's supervision (if they're going to try to get you tapered in 2 weeks)!! I'd say, just do what it takes to get the med so you can taper off it. You and I have some similarities in that I was/am on a high dose of K for a long time. You'll find your way! Some math guru on here will get you going. Just hang tough, and hang with this thread. It'll save your life, give you confidence, and give you HOPE along with the details you need to succeed. Great people here. I was pushed down the "two week taper" path too. Not a good plan, I learned.

♫♪Keep on...believin'...♫♫♪

Jeff

Shaani

Jeff

Hey Miss America!! As always, nice of you to ask...or, even remember. Heck, I can barely remember. Anyway, I go to the doc tomorrow. Honestly, I'm pretty freaked out and nervous, but I can only control what I think. I can't control HIM, but we'll see what happens. Oh, and I saw your post about 5%. Give me a 5% per YEAR reduction, and I'd be happy!! Right now I'm flying along at zero. Lightspeed, huh??  ;)

Catch ya later. Hugs to you!

Jeff

Oh my goodness, tomorrow! I'll say one of my very profound prayers for you: Please, God, please, please, please, please. Actually, since I've been to a few AA meetings that would be: Please, Higher Power, please, please, please, please, please. Actually, my therapist told me I should not go to AA because I am not an addict and they were trying to convince me I was, so I guess I will go back to the former version. ::)

When you are up to 5% per year let me know and I will eat a gluten-free chocolate cake to celebrate! When you are up to 10% per year, I will eat two. :thumbsup: (You might consider crossing over to a slower benzo to speed up my cake-eating excuse. :D)

Any thoughts?

What exactly did it do?

I'm wondering, too. What exactly did you see? Did it just sit there whole? Or disintegrate but not disappear? Fillers in the tablet may not dissolve even if the benzo did.

Pretty much everyone on the KK thread, including me, is using this scale:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1442379151&sr=1&keywords=Gemini+scale

Jeff,

Good luck at your Drs appt! I know you will be cutting again soon! Sending you lots of positivity!  :smitten:

Gardner,

Yum, I will eat gluten free chocolate cake with you!  :smitten:

XO Maya

Pretty much everyone on the KK thread, including me, is using this scale:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012TDNAM/ref=sr_ph?ie=UTF8&qid=1442379151&sr=1&keywords=Gemini+scale

Jeff,

Good luck at your Drs appt! I know you will be cutting again soon! Sending you lots of positivity!  :smitten:

Gardner,

Yum, I will eat gluten free chocolate cake with you!  :smitten:

XO Maya

I've ised the exact same scales during my Ativan taper , before I crossed to Valium and started a liquid taper.

And a hello to everyone here.

Quick update : I'm doing ok but have some intense moments. This morning wasn't fun.

And then right now, I'm close to normal- ish.

I'll be jumping in two weeks or so, so fingers crossed, people .... :o

Moo

SG  thank you so much for doing the math at 4 doses and now i think i will try and do it after i do the auction next tuesday dont want to be making a change and not feel well over 2 hrs from home..and thanks for saying i am doing good..somedays i feel like i will not make it and i am not getting anywhere cause of all my stops on this journey..but its people like you that can say the kindest thing that gives me hope again.

thanks for all the help you have given me along the way and telling me about mt almost a yr ago when i was struggling with the cut and hold..

deep

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [le...]
    • [...]
    • [La...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Gy...]
    • [...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Ct...]