Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Congrats, Maya! You're gonna smoke the taper. I can just tell. You're determined and you have the right attitude and strength. Oh, and thanks again for the workbook info. Ordered it late last night.  Next!

Jeff

Thank, Jeff! I am definitely determined! Thank so much for the encouraging words! They really help especially when I am having a tough day. Yay, I am glad you ordered the workbook. Let me know how you like it. You can PM me if you have any questions etc.

XO Maya

SG,

I am having a tough time. This is my 5th day of my MT. I have only cut .045 off my dose. I have been having stomach issues all week. I have really bad heartburn which I have never had before. I wasn't sure and I still am not if they are related to the taper. I think they are at least being made worse by klonopin. I also have been achy the last couple days and that is definitely klonopin wd. Starting today, I have some paresthesia on my neck. It's not that bad, but it concerns me. It is not something that I had during tolerance wd and It started for the first time when I was around the dose I am now and did a cut too big for me. It is also the worst physical symptom for me. When it's bad, it's unbearable. I also have not slept well the last couple nights. I have been waking up early, probably due to my stomach being in pain, and I haven't been able to fall back asleep. Sleep is very important to me to be able to function. I already suffer from fatigue from tolerance wd and I feel too out of it if I don't get enough. I had to cancel my appts and plans for today. I have stuff tomorrow and next week that I need to get done. Do you think I should hold. The symptoms are bearable, but not good. I am afraid of not being able to get things done that I need to.

I am confused because my cuts each day are so low. Maybe my body just needs time to adjust. At 7.5% this is a low starting point. I thought I would be able to do twice as much. I also see people writing about magic lines that are tough to get through. I think mine is 3.5mg and I am around there right now. I am sorry for going on and on...I am out of it and I don't know what to do. Thank you!

XO Maya

Anyone,

Just wondering - when you do a liquid micro-taper and with vodka and water - do you have to stir it before you use it each day?

Probably not necessary but it certainly won't hurt.

And also , if you use a liquid diazepam for microtitrating - how much do you dilute it ?  1 ml to 99 mls water? And then you do your daily titration from there , whatever amount I decide is manageable ? I'm math challenged and want to start microtitrating as soon as I'm well enough - but want to make sure I know what I'm talking about when I go see my doctor. 

You can choose any dilution ratio you please.  I usually did 9:1 (10% solution), sometimes 4.5:1 (5% solution)  But most folks seem to prefer 99:1 (1%) solution.  Folks seem to feel that the math is simpler.  (But whether you do  9:1, or 99:1, the only difference is whetehr you move the decimal point 1 place or 2 places)

Not sure I'm understanding the liquid Valium titration way.  I would be doing pills and then liquid for titrating one ml per 20 days or per month. 

It's really pretty simple.  All your doing is taking most of your dose by tablets, and just the "cut" portion from the ;liquid, usually not more than 1mg of liquid.  And I assume you really mean 1mg/20 days.

For example, if your at 32.5mg and want to cut 1mg in 20 days, that's a .05 daily cut (1/20=.05). If you make a 99:1 solution (1mg in 100 mls)  then you would take 32mg tablets, and .45mg (45ml).  Then 32mg+.40mg (40ml), 32mg+.35mg (35ml) etc.

But if you already have ascrip for Rx lqiud V, why do you want to do vodka?

Thank you everyone !

[e2...]

Hello ,

Good idea, this thread.

I'm doing a daily liquid taper becaue I could not do cut and hold.

I would cut and then feel it some days later and needed a LOT of time to recover from it.

The liquid has been a blessing for me.

I use a liquid pre-made by a compound pharmacy. It's Valium powder in organic almond oil.

Have reduced 0.05 mgr a day with holds every 4th day or so, from about 13 mgr down to now, at 1.30.

This means it took me somewhere between 14-18 days to cut half a miligram.

I just pull up the liquid with a syringe and squirt into my mouth what I need. As opposed to titrating where people pull out what they reduce( and toss) and drink the rest.

0.5 mgr is 1 ml for my solution ( 2:1) and so, if I start with 2.5 mgr in pills, I then take 2 mgr and then 1 ml ( 0.5 mgr ) in liquid.

The next day I take 0.9 ml, next day 0.8 etc.

I'm not really ever symptom free but by FAR not as slammed hard as I used to be with a dry cut.

For me that was horror.

This allows me to not get hit AS hard in one loud bang. But I get all sorts of , mostly tolerabe , symptoms .

Anyway. That.  ;D

Greetings Moodle,

I was wondering where you can get the valium powder in almond oil script?

SG,

I am having a tough time. This is my 5th day of my MT. I have only cut .045 off my dose. I have been having stomach issues all week. I have really bad heartburn which I have never had before. I wasn't sure and I still am not if they are related to the taper. I think they are at least being made worse by klonopin. I also have been achy the last couple days and that is definitely klonopin wd. Starting today, I have some paresthesia on my neck. It's not that bad, but it concerns me. It is not something that I had during tolerance wd and It started for the first time when I was around the dose I am now and did a cut too big for me. It is also the worst physical symptom for me. When it's bad, it's unbearable. I also have not slept well the last couple nights. I have been waking up early, probably due to my stomach being in pain, and I haven't been able to fall back asleep. Sleep is very important to me to be able to function. I already suffer from fatigue from tolerance wd and I feel too out of it if I don't get enough. I had to cancel my appts and plans for today. I have stuff tomorrow and next week that I need to get done. Do you think I should hold. The symptoms are bearable, but not good. I am afraid of not being able to get things done that I need to.

I am confused because my cuts each day are so low. Maybe my body just needs time to adjust. At 7.5% this is a low starting point. I thought I would be able to do twice as much. I also see people writing about magic lines that are tough to get through. I think mine is 3.5mg and I am around there right now. I am sorry for going on and on...I am out of it and I don't know what to do. Thank you!

XO Maya

Sorry to hear this, Maya.  And I'm also surprised.  You are cutting .009mg a day and are on a pace to cut 7.5% the first month.  As you know, that is a fairly gentle start.  The adjustments you make are a subjective call and will be a learning process as you go.  Symptoms wax and wane so you will learn not to pull the trigger on holding too quick while also not letting them go too long.  If you think these are definitely withdrawal symptoms emerging - and it sounds like they are - I'd either hold or reduce the cut size...maybe back to 5%, which would be .006mg (.001g a day).  This is going to be a long journey and you need to find a daily cut you can live with.  Once you find that, you can then try to move up the ladder to go faster, but you need to find a base point that works first.  The good news is you have only removed .045mg so I have to believe you are not far from feeling good again.

Thank you! I'm am VERY surprised, as well! That is a very gentle start. I think they are definitely withdrawal symptoms, at least the paresthesia and muscle pain. My stomach issues and exhaustion I think are, but I'm not sure. I am not getting enough sleep due to my stomach mainly it seems. Maybe my body is just adjusting to the MT? If you think I should try and ride it out, I will try. I am concerned that I have important appts coming up that I will not be able to reschedule and may owe money for canceling. I thought I would be at a functioning point or I wouldn't have made them. I can see what I can do about rearranging things.  If not I guess I should hold? Then slow down rate of taper and see how that goes? I really don't know what to do. Is it possible that I might just not be functional for awhile? I am willing to go as slow as needed if that's what's best. I am trying to decide if I should cancel anything in the near future. I don't understand why tapering has become so much harder. Thank you for helping me! I'm very lost right now.

I wonder about settling in and if that is something that occurs.  I just don't know.  It is your call on whether to hold or not.  You are the one who is experiencing them.  But it sounds to me like you are bad enough to cancel appointments so holding might be the thing to do.  The whole point of tapering is to remain functional and hopefully free of symptoms most of the time.

Hi All,

I have some time and want to provide an update post.  At 0.107 mg K I am closing in on being 90% done with my taper that started at 1 mg K almost a year ago.  A few weeks ago my symptoms escalated and I had to updose a little and slow my taper from 0.004 mg/day to 0.003 mg/day.  That brought my symptoms back into a tolerable range.  It's interesting that I can still tolerate the current rate since the percentage daily cuts are rapidly increasing.  I am now at almost 3%/day or 21%/week.  This clearly violates the rules of thumb for tolerable percent cuts.  There must also be something going on in my body that allows a certain absolute amount for daily cuts.  That said, I have to say that my symptoms are more noticeable now than they were a couple months ago.  So perhaps I am reaching the limit or healing point for my body now, indicating that perhaps I could have tapered faster earlier.  My symptoms continue to be fatigue, tinnitus, headaches, insomnia and nausea.  Other than fatigue, these symptoms are not always present and generally do not all occur at the same time.  The only new symptom that cropped up late in my taper is tinnitus.  I didn't have that until a couple months ago.  Anyway, I hope this offers encouragement to some of you.  Following a daily micro-taper and listening to my body I have been able to follow a glide path down in dosage with tolerable symptoms throughout the taper. 

I wonder about settling in and if that is something that occurs.  I just don't know.  It is your call on whether to hold or not.  You are the one who is experiencing them.  But it sounds to me like you are bad enough to cancel appointments so holding might be the thing to do.  The whole point of tapering is to remain functional and hopefully free of symptoms most of the time.

I would imagine that would take my body a little bit to adjust. I metabolize klonopin very fast. My body is used to getting klonopin at the same times every day and if it a half hour off, I can tell. I am not used to getting cuts every day so that would probably throw my body off at first. That is just a guess. I also am still getting interdose wds while dosing 4x a day. I probably would do better with a longer half life, but I can't change anything else right now.

I think Paresthesia is a sign for me that I have pushed my CNS too far. I will hold for a day and if I feel better I will start cutting .001mg a day and go from there. If I don't feel better tomorrow I will hold a little longer. I think that makes the most sense? I am not functional right now. I hope I can be functional throughout my taper. I worry about this because I was on such a high dose for so long and in tolerance wd for so long and I see others who aren't functional. Also others who pushed through bad sxs and they went away with time and feel that is just how it is. I guess it's just unpredictable. I just want to do what's best for healing and hopefully be functional at the same time.

It's interesting that I can still tolerate the current rate since the percentage daily cuts are rapidly increasing.  I am now at almost 3%/day or 21%/week.  This clearly violates the rules of thumb for tolerable percent cuts.  There must also be something going on in my body that allows a certain absolute amount for daily cuts.

I agree.  There is something going on and it is not following percentage, yet percentage approximates it.  I think you have a certain amount of receptors to expose each day for healing and the dose/occupancy relationship changes what cut size exposes this amount of receptors.  So the cut size needs to get smaller as the dose (blood concentration) gets smaller.

The "percent approximation" works as a useful approximate guide for this for most of the taper but bottoms out around 3mg V and remains useful until about 1mg V.  At .1mg K (2mg V) you are in the area now where it is growing less useful and it will soon make no sense at all to cut based on percent.  That's okay, just keep using your same daily cut and if you need to reduce it knock off .0005mg at a time.  I think this will work out.

Good job getting this far.  It sounds like you are having a successful taper.

I would imagine that would take my body a little bit to adjust. I metabolize klonopin very fast. My body is used to getting klonopin at the same times every day and if it a half hour off, I can tell. I am not used to getting cuts every day so that would probably throw my body off at first. That is just a guess. I also am still getting interdose wds while dosing 4x a day. I probably would do better with a longer half life, but I can't change anything else right now.

I think Paresthesia is a sign for me that I have pushed my CNS too far. I will hold for a day and if I feel better I will start cutting .001mg a day and go from there. If I don't feel better tomorrow I will hold a little longer. I think that makes the most sense? I am not functional right now. I hope I can be functional throughout my taper. I worry about this because I was on such a high dose for so long and in tolerance wd for so long and I see others who aren't functional. Also others who pushed through bad sxs and they went away with time and feel that is just how it is. I guess it's just unpredictable. I just want to do what's best for healing and hopefully be functional at the same time.

I don't see why the body would need to adjust to tapering.  If we cut our skin does the body respond by saying, "I'm not used to stopping bleeding so I need to time to adjust to this?"  In other areas of healing the body seems to be always ready.  It seems to me that these neurotransmitters are tightly controlled and almost as if it is routing daily business for the brain to make changes...adding some in subtracting some away.  But who knows.

I like your plan.  Hold until things are better then begin again at .001g a day.  You'll find your pace.

SG,

Our skin has an amazing ability to heal itself. It obviously takes some time for the brain to heal from long term klonopin use. Maybe it doesn't need time to adjust to MT. Maybe my brain does. Like you said who knows.

Ok, I will do that. Hopefully, I won't have to hold long. I don't think I will. Thank you so much! You have helped me so many times. I really don't know what I would do without you. I really appreciate it so much! I hope you are well!

:smitten:

XO Maya

I announced this on my blog but I can't resist repeating it.

As of today I am below the equivalence of 1mg Xanax/day!! :yippee:

And if my math is wrong, I don't want to know!!

:laugh:

Hi Gardner.

Thank you. Yes, it has been a very busy two weeks.  Things might start to slow down a bit soon.

Congratulations on getting down to below 1 mg!!!  :thumbsup: You have done a great job.  I know it has been challenging, but I hope that you are feeling better since including the Librium.  You will be off before you know it!!  Promise not to look at the math haha.

Anne

Hello ,

Good idea, this thread.

I'm doing a daily liquid taper becaue I could not do cut and hold.

I would cut and then feel it some days later and needed a LOT of time to recover from it.

The liquid has been a blessing for me.

I use a liquid pre-made by a compound pharmacy. It's Valium powder in organic almond oil.

Have reduced 0.05 mgr a day with holds every 4th day or so, from about 13 mgr down to now, at 1.30.

This means it took me somewhere between 14-18 days to cut half a miligram.

I just pull up the liquid with a syringe and squirt into my mouth what I need. As opposed to titrating where people pull out what they reduce( and toss) and drink the rest.

0.5 mgr is 1 ml for my solution ( 2:1) and so, if I start with 2.5 mgr in pills, I then take 2 mgr and then 1 ml ( 0.5 mgr ) in liquid.

The next day I take 0.9 ml, next day 0.8 etc.

I'm not really ever symptom free but by FAR not as slammed hard as I used to be with a dry cut.

For me that was horror.

This allows me to not get hit AS hard in one loud bang. But I get all sorts of , mostly tolerabe , symptoms .

Anyway. That.  ;D

Greetings Moodle,

I was wondering where you can get the valium powder in almond oil script?

The scrip must come from a doctor, or some med provider authorized to prescribe medicine where you live.

The product itself comes from a compounding pharmacy.

Anyone,

Just wondering - when you do a liquid micro-taper and with vodka and water - do you have to stir it before you use it each day?

And also , if you use a liquid diazepam for microtitrating - how much do you dilute it ?  1 ml to 99 mls water? And then you do your daily titration from there , whatever amount I decide is manageable ? I'm math challenged and want to start microtitrating as soon as I'm well enough - but want to make sure I know what I'm talking about when I go see my doctor. 

You can choose any dilution ratio you please.  I usually did 9:1 (10% solution), sometimes 4.5:1 (5% solution)  But most folks seem to prefer 99:1 (1%) solution.  Folks seem to feel that the math is simpler.  (But whether you do  9:1, or 99:1, the only difference is whetehr you move the decimal point 1 place or 2 places)

Not sure I'm understanding the liquid Valium titration way.  I would be doing pills and then liquid for titrating one ml per 20 days or per month. 

It's really pretty simple.  All your doing is taking most of your dose by tablets, and just the "cut" portion from the ;liquid, usually not more than 1mg of liquid.  And I assume you really mean 1mg/20 days.

For example, if your at 32.5mg and want to cut 1mg in 20 days, that's a .05 daily cut (1/20=.05). If you make a 99:1 solution (1mg in 100 mls)  then you would take 32mg tablets, and .45mg (45ml).  Then 32mg+.40mg (40ml), 32mg+.35mg (35ml) etc.

Thank you everyone !

I don't have a script for liquid.  I don't know if my doc will give me one.  So I want to be prepared and the 99:1 ratio seems easy to me, I just don't get how to measure 3 decimals on a syringe.  I don't mean to be dumb but I'm just not sure.  I have a ten ml syringe.  Is it the tiny lines in between the  ml marks?  And I did mean mg not ml before.  Thanks for your help!

I get the 99:1 stuff , just not the 9:1 and how to measure with the syringe.

Builder, how do I measure out in three decimal points? Would I use a 10 ml syringe ?  I'm not quite sure about the measuring part - ( assuming I am prescribed a liquid Valium)

Thank you,

I don't know if I have answered this, but here it is anyway.

9:1 (1mg=10ml solution: 

.975mg=9.75ml

.950mg=9.50ml

.500mg= 5.00ml

.475mg=4.75ml 

99:1 (1mg=100ml solution):

.975mg=97.5ml

.950mg=97.5ml.

.500mg=50.0ml

.475mg=47.5ml 

You can easily measure 4.75ml with a 1ml syringe.

You can easily measure 47.5 ml with a 10ml syringe, or even a 50ml syringe.

I started my microtaper at .025mg cut per day, and at one point was cutting .0125 per day.  I did 9:1 (1mg=10ml) dilution and used 1ml and 10 ml syringe to measure my doses. 

As I keep saying, its really not complicated.  Either multiply X 10, or multiply X 100.  And you can even do that on a calculator, if you really need to. ;) ;) 

And remember consistency is more important than accuracy.

Anyone,

Thank you everyone !

I don't have a script for liquid.  I don't know if my doc will give me one.  So I want to be prepared and the 99:1 ratio seems easy to me, I just don't get how to measure 3 decimals on a syringe.  I don't mean to be dumb but I'm just not sure.  I have a ten ml syringe.  Is it the tiny lines in between the  ml marks?  And I did mean mg not ml before.  Thanks for your help!

Heya...

Well, you'd use the 10 ml syringe to make your batch.

1 mgr pill ( half of a two mgr tab ) in 1 ml vodka. Then you add 99 ml water, which makes a liquid of 100 ml..

You use the ten ml syringe to draw up the ml vodka . And then to draw up the 99 ml water.

I think what's might be confusing you is the three decimals.

Those are milligrams , not milliliters.

That why you liquefy your dose, so you can cut small increments.

Does that make sense ?

And since you will be cutting the liquid portion , you can cut very small.

That's why it's done this way.

Yes, you are probably getting hung up on milligrams and milliliters.  If you start with a 99:1 solution, then each milliliter only contains .01 (1 one-hundreth) of a milligram.  So if you want to measure out, say, .5 milligram, you will need 100X as much liquid, or 100X as many milliliters.  .5X 100 =50.  .5milligrams is 50 milliliters...very easy to measure.

Or maybe you want to just measure out .05mg.  Again, multiply X100 and .05 milligrams becomes 5 milliliters.  ...again, very easy to measure.  Or maybe you want to measure out a REALLY TINY dose- .005milligrams.  .005 X 100= .5 milliters.  .5 milliliters is halfway up on your 1ml syringe.  Piece of cake!

Anyone,

Thank you everyone !

Hi DJD,

I have included the link here for a drawing I just created on how to read a 1 mL syringe.  It can be confusing at first because most people do not use syringes on a daily basis.  The drawing is not the greatest, but there are some explanations on how to read the volumes--I am a chemist, not an artist. Please let me know if you have questions. Most people prefer using larger volumes, not so much because of the math involved but because of the error involved in any measurement. If you make an error measuring out less than 1 mL, it will be magnified when compared to making the same error measuring our larger volumes. In other words, you will feel it.

Here is the link to my drawing http://s567.photobucket.com/user/anne20151/library/

Anne

Gardener,

I still cannot insert an image in my post. Instead I inserted the URL.  I signed up for Photobucket. Can you tell me again how to insert the image?

Thanks so much

Anne

Gardener,

I still cannot insert an image in my post. Instead I inserted the URL.  I signed up for Photobucket. Can you tell me again how to insert the image?

Thanks so much

Anne

In the bar above your post, when you're typing, you'll see a Mona Lisa icon, right next to the emoticons.

You click that.

And you'll see this

You past the url in between , in the middle. That should do it.

By the way, if you have a tablet you can download Image Link .It makes a url for all any pics right of your tab . No need for photobucket or whatnot any ore with that.

Gardener,

Thanks so much

Anne

In the bar above your post, when you're typing, you'll see a Mona Lisa icon, right next to the emoticons.

You click that.

And you'll see this

By the way, if you have a tablet you can download Image Link .It makes a url for all any pics right of your tab . No need for photobucket or whatnot any ore with that.

Moodle,

Thanks so much.  I did not see the Mona Lisa icon.  I think I will use my tablet for images.  I will download image link.

Thanks again.  Hope you enjoy the long weekend.

Anne

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [do...]
    • [...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [Le...]
    • [zi...]
    • [ra...]
    • [...]
    • [bi...]