Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi Sharkey, SG57 and all,

I am dry cut tapering Klonopin with a scale. The tail end of my taper is going pretty slow due to a ramp up of GI symptoms (GERD/LPR, spasms, delayed stomach emptying). I had these sxs before benzos but there was a measure of control through diet after I got off lousy PPI, and benzos helped. Now, it's like starting all over again. That's the backstory. Oh, I'm feeling kinda buzzy and labile too.

As I near the end of my taper, I would be interested in getting feedback on jumping off.

Here's my current plan.

I'm at .115 mg of K

Using .50 mg pills with avg. weight .173 g

I cut .001 g alternating every 3rd and 4th day.

I dose twice a day.

The chips of K cannot be measured below .004 g on my scale.

I figure I have 31 more cuts until I reach .008 g daily dose = .0231 mg

At this point I can't cut smaller so figured I cut 50% to one dose daily.

I'd take one .004 g chip for 7-10 days then that's it.

Does this sound reasonable for jumping off? Constructive thoughts?

And yes, I am micromanaging for legitimate as well as fearful reasons.

Thanks,

Bennie

Hey SG,

I remember you sometime ago talking about the difference in using 1mg and .5mg tablets (I use clonazepam) for dilution, etc. When people get to the smaller dose (or maybe even the higher doses of near 2mg, like me) is one tablet size more "user friendly" than the other when it comes to diluting, cutting, dissolving, etc.? I just can't remember what you had to say about that.

Many thanks!

Jeff

Hi Sharkey, SG57 and all,

I am dry cut tapering Klonopin with a scale. The tail end of my taper is going pretty slow due to a ramp up of GI symptoms (GERD/LPR, spasms, delayed stomach emptying). I had these sxs before benzos but there was a measure of control through diet after I got off lousy PPI, and benzos helped. Now, it's like starting all over again. That's the backstory. Oh, I'm feeling kinda buzzy and labile too.

As I near the end of my taper, I would be interested in getting feedback on jumping off.

Here's my current plan.

I'm at .115 mg of K

Using .50 mg pills with avg. weight .173 g

I cut .001 g alternating every 3rd and 4th day.

I dose twice a day.

The chips of K cannot be measured below .004 g on my scale.

I figure I have 31 more cuts until I reach .008 g daily dose = .0231 mg

At this point I can't cut smaller so figured I cut 50% to one dose daily.

I'd take one .004 g chip for 7-10 days then that's it.

Does this sound reasonable for jumping off? Constructive thoughts?

And yes, I am micromanaging for legitimate as well as fearful reasons.

Thanks,

Bennie

Hi Bennie,

You're really getting down there.  I think it is wise to run it all the way to zero and I don't think it is micromanaging.  If your scale is limiting you like that then that is what you have to deal with and I'm not sure there is a better way unless you were to switch to liquid.  Maybe you could eyeball half a .004g chip?  .004g is about .012mg which is .24mg V.  It could be a lot worse.  A lot of C&H tapers jump from there.

Hey SG,

I remember you sometime ago talking about the difference in using 1mg and .5mg tablets (I use clonazepam) for dilution, etc. When people get to the smaller dose (or maybe even the higher doses of near 2mg, like me) is one tablet size more "user friendly" than the other when it comes to diluting, cutting, dissolving, etc.? I just can't remember what you had to say about that.

Many thanks!

Jeff

I think we are all better off with smaller pills.  But when it comes to making liquid I am not sure.  What matters is how accurate the amount of K you have is.  So is a 1mg pill less accurate than a .5mg pill?  I don't know.  I would think any manufacturing variation would throw the 1mg pill off by twice as much.  If both pills are off by the same weight the 1mg would be off by twice as much K.

Bennie  :smitten:

I agree with SG, I think you can eyeball half of 0.004 grams of pill for few days, it does not matter if it is not exactly 0.002 grams, but I think is worthy to try that, a big hug my dear dear dear Friend  :smitten:

DG57 and Clona,

Thanks for advice to eyeball, which caused me to experiment.

I tried crushing my .004 g pill piece. I can make four little piles.

1 pile = .001 g

1/2 pile = .0005 g

Once I get to .007 g, I can start tapering like this, am and pm— but really, will two doses be necessary?

Two doses daily:

3 piles + 1/2 pile = .007 g... .020 mg

3 piles = .006 g... .0173 mg

2 piles + 1/2 pile = .005 g... .0144mg

2 piles = .004 g... .0115... .0115 mg

1 pile + 1/2 pile = .003 g... .0086 mg

1 pile = .002 g... = .0057 mg

1/2 pile = .001 g... .0028 mg

Zero

Bennie

The reason to dose twice is to keep blood levels more even and I don't see how being on a low dose changes that benefit.  If you need two I'd keep going with it to zero.

Ive dosed 3-4 times per day while on Ativan, to avoid inter dose wd. To no avail, by the way, vile stuff.

Then when I crossed over to Valium, I combined it in to three and kept it like that all throughout my taper.

I'd like to think that it keeps my levels even ,too.  ???

I didn't want to change it up while I was doing ok and jinx myself.

Worked ok for me.

Hey SG,

Many thanks!

Jeff

I think we are all better off with smaller pills.  But when it comes to making liquid I am not sure.  What matters is how accurate the amount of K you have is.  So is a 1mg pill less accurate than a .5mg pill?  I don't know.  I would think any manufacturing variation would throw the 1mg pill off by twice as much.  If both pills are off by the same weight the 1mg would be off by twice as much K.

SG, so does this apply even if someone isn't doing dry cutting, but is doing the liquid MT instead?

Jeff

SG, so does this apply even if someone isn't doing dry cutting, but is doing the liquid MT instead?

Jeff

I think so, yes.

Hey SG,

Many thanks!

Jeff

Jeff

If your using Rx liquid, it will be uniform.  If your making liquid by dissolving a single tablet, then whatever error is present in the tablets will be transferred to the liquid.  But if your making lqiuid from several tablets at once, there will be averaging effect.

What a hard couple days it's been. I had my mother taken off life support today :'(Thank God she went so peacefully. Feeling dazed and numb right now, have wanted to take my full dose of Xanax to numb the pain- but I know I can't. Been through hell to get this far and I don't want do it again. Appreciate to support from BB to get off this drug. Thank-you, Rose

Bless you, Rose. You've really been through. It isn't much, but hugs are coming your way from me!! Prayers too.

Jeff

To  :angel: doodle dog,  :angel: Moodle,  :angel: Gardener99,  :angel: Marija,  :angel: Sharkey, and  :angel: Jeff aka Ultra2007,

I just wanted to thank-you guys and gals for your kind words, it helps. I am doing OK, still trying to wrap my head around the loss. Time will help I know. I slowed my taper way down for a few days and re-started it yesterday. Down to .395mg Xanax/24hrs. Rather than stick to a rigid schedule I find it to be much more tolerable if I listen to how I am feeling each day. It's important to really be in tune to your body while tapering, especially since I don't know how I am going to feel everyday. I am getting better though, no doubt. I have noticed like others that it takes about three days to feel the dose change. So, rather than cut every day (I wish I could tolerate it) I'm taking a bit of time each time to adjust. I have had to decrease my cut amount by less than 1% at times to tolerate it. But as long as I am going forward, that's the most important thing. Have a good week you all! I'm going to the coast for a 6 mile hike with a gal I sponsor in AA. I'm hoping the coastal breezes will clear some of the wildfire smoke that has covered Oregon and Washington- it's really bad. love, Rose

What a hard couple days it's been. I had my mother taken off life support today :'(Thank God she went so peacefully. Feeling dazed and numb right now, have wanted to take my full dose of Xanax to numb the pain- but I know I can't. Been through hell to get this far and I don't want do it again. Appreciate to support from BB to get off this drug. Thank-you, Rose

Bless you, Rose. You've really been through. It isn't much, but hugs are coming your way from me!! Prayers too.

Jeff

To  :angel: doodle dog,  :angel: Moodle,  :angel: Gardener99,  :angel: Marija,  :angel: Sharkey, and  :angel: Jeff aka Ultra2007,

I just wanted to thank-you guys and gals for your kind words, it helps. I am doing OK, still trying to wrap my head around the loss. Time will help I know. I slowed my taper way down for a few days and re-started it yesterday. Down to .395mg Xanax/24hrs. Rather than stick to a rigid schedule I find it to be much more tolerable if I listen to how I am feeling each day. It's important to really be in tune to your body while tapering, especially since I don't know how I am going to feel everyday. I am getting better though, no doubt. I have noticed like others that it takes about three days to feel the dose change. So, rather than cut every day (I wish I could tolerate it) I'm taking a bit of time each time to adjust. I have had to decrease my cut amount by less than 1% at times to tolerate it. But as long as I am going forward, that's the most important thing. Have a good week you all! I'm going to the coast for a 6 mile hike with a gal I sponsor in AA. I'm hoping the coastal breezes will clear some of the wildfire smoke that has covered Oregon and Washington- it's really bad. love, Rose

Hello Rose,

Nothing like a hike by the ocean to bring peace to your heart too.

Hugs,

doodle dog :hug:

[12...]

Jeff

Hello Rose,

Nothing like a hike by the ocean to bring peace to your heart too.

Hugs,

doodle dog :hug:

Rose,

Enjoy your time away. Soak in the outdoor environment and feel at peace and peaceful in your body.

You will weather this storm.

Hugs,

Marija 💗

Hello everyone,I have been taking :CLONAZEPAM 0.5 MG *2  ,  CLONAZEPAM 2 MG *1  , OXCARBEZIPINE 450 MG *2  ,RISPERIDONE 0.5 MG *1  and ESCITALOPRAM OXALET 10MG *1

for 3-4 months because of panic attacks and ugly butterflies in stomach , butterflies never alleviated and medicine tend to cause lethargicness hence i determined to taper off from medicine and within 15days i was off the entire above medicine,then started the head numbness,pressure in head , presently entire left side of head frozen,extreme numbness in backhead or this sudden gripness or stiffness on both sides of head over the ears followed by ticklish feeling in the head at times , happening for 40days now with chronic diarhhea for 30days, i changed my psychiatrist as old psychiatrist had put me on high dose, now my new psychiatrist denied it as benzo withdrawal n said its anxiety coming back and put me on parexotine 12.5mg and clonazepam 0.25 mg that i have been taking for month now and he prescribed the same medicine for another month but barely any change in conidtion of head  ,feel like walking in a dream for last fourty days now , gripping n numbness is consistent .

[QUESTIONS]

Q1. The new psychiatrist said it is not benzodiazepine withdrawal and yesterday prescribed me same paroxetine 12.5 mg  and clonazepam 0.25mg for another month although i had already been taking it for a month now n further suggested CT scan IF head gripness doesn't get better after a month , should i go for CT scan , is it benzo withdrawal or anxiety coming back ,flu or cold in head (diagonised with it in past) or any other possibility ?

Q2. Taking medicne for diarrhea that doesn't seem to end , does diarrhea has anything to do with my current anxiety medication ?

Q.3 am in utter disorientation ,feel helpless and despair , either i'll start taking  this medicine :

1.DUMBEL-OD CAPSULES {wheat germ oil,mecobalamin,vitamins n folic acid}

2. AZITHROMYCIN TABLETS

3. ETIZOLAM 0.25 mg  TABLETS

that alleviated my head problems in past or i'll start clonazepam with lil high dose like 1mg  , should i start the medication again if yes which one and on what dose ?

Q4.The high chances are it is benzo withdrawls however taking clonazepam for 3-4 months with discontinuos use made it this worse? , there are people taking it for years , if its benzo withdrawal kindly help me with directions of what to do precisely by keeping my entire problems under consideration.

I have been abstaining from alchol,coffee or all soft drinks for last six months now , making life miserable and still struggling every day of last seven months , its like  departure of one illness comes with advent of another, kindly guide me in the right direction am tired of changing doctors, swallowing tablets and ending up with no result at the age of 24 . I would keenly look forward to get reply for this life saver act .Thankyou very much sir/madam .

Hello everyone,I have been taking :CLONAZEPAM 0.5 MG *2  ,  CLONAZEPAM 2 MG *1  , OXCARBEZIPINE 450 MG *2  ,RISPERIDONE 0.5 MG *1  and ESCITALOPRAM OXALET 10MG *1

for 3-4 months because of panic attacks and ugly butterflies in stomach , butterflies never alleviated and medicine tend to cause lethargicness hence i determined to taper off from medicine and within 15days i was off the entire above medicine,then started the head numbness,pressure in head , presently entire left side of head frozen,extreme numbness in backhead or this sudden gripness or stiffness on both sides of head over the ears followed by ticklish feeling in the head at times , happening for 40days now with chronic diarhhea for 30days, i changed my psychiatrist as old psychiatrist had put me on high dose, now my new psychiatrist denied it as benzo withdrawal n said its anxiety coming back and put me on parexotine 12.5mg and clonazepam 0.25 mg that i have been taking for month now and he prescribed the same medicine for another month but barely any change in conidtion of head  ,feel like walking in a dream for last fourty days now , gripping n numbness is consistent .

[QUESTIONS]

Q1. The new psychiatrist said it is not benzodiazepine withdrawal and yesterday prescribed me same paroxetine 12.5 mg  and clonazepam 0.25mg for another month although i had already been taking it for a month now n further suggested CT scan IF head gripness doesn't get better after a month , should i go for CT scan , is it benzo withdrawal or anxiety coming back ,flu or cold in head (diagonised with it in past) or any other possibility ?

Q2. Taking medicne for diarrhea that doesn't seem to end , does diarrhea has anything to do with my current anxiety medication ?

Q.3 am in utter disorientation ,feel helpless and despair , either i'll start taking  this medicine :

2. AZITHROMYCIN TABLETS

that alleviated my head problems in past or i'll start clonazepam with lil high dose like 1mg  , should i start the medication again if yes which one and on what dose ?

Q4.The high chances are it is benzo withdrawls however taking clonazepam for 3-4 months with discontinuos use made it this worse? , there are people taking it for years , if its benzo withdrawal kindly help me with directions of what to do precisely by keeping my entire problems under consideration.

I have been abstaining from alchol,coffee or all soft drinks for last six months now , making life miserable and still struggling every day of last seven months , its like  departure of one illness comes with advent of another, kindly guide me in the right direction am tired of changing doctors, swallowing tablets and ending up with no result at the age of 24 . I would keenly look forward to get reply for this life saver act .Thankyou very much sir/madam .

The new psychiatrist is wrong. Going off high dose Clonazepem in 15 days is a virtual cold turkey. The symptoms are protracted withdrawal. And taking some of those supplements may rev up your symptoms, so I'd lay off of them right now. If I were you I'd say go back to dose where you feel much more stable, hold a bit, then start a sensible taper. IMO. Someone here can help you do that. Above, you list Clonazepem twice. Can you explain please?

Wishing you healing.

[QUESTIONS]

2. AZITHROMYCIN TABLETS

The new psychiatrist is wrong. Going off high dose Clonazepem in 15 days is a virtual cold turkey. The symptoms are protracted withdrawal. And taking some of those supplements may rev up your symptoms, so I'd lay off of them right now. If I were you I'd say go back to dose where you feel much more stable, hold a bit, then start a sensible taper. IMO. Someone here can help you do that. Above, you list Clonazepem twice. Can you explain please?

Wishing you healing.

He's taking .5mg tablets, and 1mg tablets.

Marija,

I order the genetic testing kit and I'm going to speak to my doctor about the other tests. Thanks so much for the info! I hope all is well with you!  :smitten:

SG,

I definitely think it was the protonix that made me have the horrible sxs. Thank you so much for figuring that out and all your help! I'm feeling a lot better. I want to hold maybe the rest of the week just to be sure. I also am considering going back on trileptal. I had a much easier time tapering before May and I went off trileptal in April. I don't want to be on any psych meds, but I will go on this one if it can help me taper. I also had no side effects or problems with discontinuing. I was on it for years off and on and I didn't feel like it did much, but maybe it helped when tapering? I have read studies that say it helps with benzo withdrawal. I don't know if I want to start my MT or try taking trileptal first.

I have updosed to 1mg for my first dose and my 8pm dose. When I MT should I just every other day cut .001g from those two doses? The other two are still at .81mg...my 3pm and night dose.

XO Maya

SG,

I definitely think it was the protonix that made me have the horrible sxs. Thank you so much for figuring that out and all your help! I'm feeling a lot better. I want to hold maybe the rest of the week just to be sure. I also am considering going back on trileptal. I had a much easier time tapering before May and I went off trileptal in April. I don't want to be on any psych meds, but I will go on this one if it can help me taper. I also had no side effects or problems with discontinuing. I was on it for years off and on and I didn't feel like it did much, but maybe it helped when tapering? I have read studies that say it helps with benzo withdrawal. I don't know if I want to start my MT or try taking trileptal first.

I have updosed to 1mg for my first dose and my 8pm dose. When I MT should I just every other day cut .001g from those two doses? The other two are still at .81mg...my 3pm and night dose.

XO Maya

Well, if you updosed .4mg K that might be what is making you feel better, or it could also be the protonix or both.  Two things happening at once.  But I'm glad you are recovering.

Generally, I don't think it is a good idea to use a drug to help get off another drug and I am not aware of trileptal being of help in benzo tapering.  The best tapers seem to be ones where no other psych drugs are involved.

As for tapering, you are now at 3.62mg?  A careful place to begin is 7.5% a month which is .009mg a day.  If you have 1mg pills that would be alternating .001g (.006mg) and .002g (.012mg) each day, since you can't cut .009mg this is the best you can do.

SG,

XO Maya

Well, if you updosed .4mg K that might be what is making you feel better, or it could also be the protonix or both.  Two things happening at once.  But I'm glad you are recovering.

Generally, I don't think it is a good idea to use a drug to help get off another drug and I am not aware of trileptal being of help in benzo tapering.  The best tapers seem to be ones where no other psych drugs are involved.

As for tapering, you are now at 3.62mg?  A careful place to begin is 7.5% a month which is .009mg a day.  If you have 1mg pills that would be alternating .001g (.006mg) and .002g (.012mg) each day, since you can't cut .009mg this is the best you can do.

I think it's probably both. I was stable until I evened my doses out, but I don't think that caused the horrible sxs. My guess is the protonix messed up my levels. Thank you!

I don't like psych drugs. I didn't want to use them. I just don't understand while I had such an easy time tapering before. 8mg-4mg was easy. Then last winter I tapered from to 3mg and went down by .5mg and it wasn't bad. At that time I wasn't aware that klonopin was harming me. The dr just said it is probably no longer helping you. I had a tiny bit of sleep issues and anxiety and I went back to 4mg. I wish I hadn't done that now. The only difference I can find is trileptal. There are studies showing it helps with benzo withdrawal. It works on gaba activity and the release of glutamate. You don't think it could have been the reason it was so much easier for me to taper before? I was able to taper more and faster. I am torn on what to do.

Yes, I am at 3.62mg. I  an use 1mg pills or I can use .5mg pills if that is better. I have a ques that probably sounds stupid, if the avgerage weight of my 1mg pills is .174g and I weigh a pill and it's less than the amount I'm supposed to take should I cut it or just take it?

I think it's probably both. I was stable until I evened my doses out, but I don't think that caused the horrible sxs. My guess is the protonix messed up my levels. Thank you!

I don't like psych drugs. I didn't want to use them. I just don't understand while I had such an easy time tapering before. 8mg-4mg was easy. Then last winter I tapered from to 3mg and went down by .5mg and it wasn't bad. At that time I wasn't aware that klonopin was harming me. The dr just said it is probably no longer helping you. I had a tiny bit of sleep issues and anxiety and I went back to 4mg. I wish I hadn't done that now. The only difference I can find is trileptal. There are studies showing it helps with benzo withdrawal. It works on gaba activity and the release of glutamate. You don't think it could have been the reason it was so much easier for me to taper before? I was able to taper more and faster. I am torn on what to do.

Yes, I am at 3.62mg. I  an use 1mg pills or I can use .5mg pills if that is better. I have a ques that probably sounds stupid, if the avgerage weight of my 1mg pills is .174g and I weigh a pill and it's less than the amount I'm supposed to take should I cut it or just take it?

I doubt it was easy due to trileptal, but I'd like to see the study you referred to.  I've never heard of any drug that helps.  It is a powerful drug.  I would not risk it unless you have real proof.  Sometimes when we taper and go back up it can sensitize us.  That may be what has happened to you.  IDK, just a guess.

.5mg pills are better, but if you need to use up your 1mg, now is the time.  They will work fine for a while.  Dose by pill weight.  So a pill that weighs less should be "thrown back" and saved for later.  Then find a pill that weighs enough to file.

[12...]

Marija,

I order the genetic testing kit and I'm going to speak to my doctor about the other tests. Thanks so much for the info! I hope all is well with you!  :smitten:

SG,

XO Maya

Glad you are feeling some improvements, Maya!

Figuring out how your body uniquely handles additions and subtractions is a lot of trial and error. You're getting there!

Marija 💗

I doubt it was easy due to trileptal, but I'd like to see the study you referred to.  I've never heard of any drug that helps.  It is a powerful drug.  I would not risk it unless you have real proof.  Sometimes when we taper and go back up it can sensitize us.  That may be what has happened to you.  IDK, just a guess.

.5mg pills are better, but if you need to use up your 1mg, now is the time.  They will work fine for a while.  Dose by pill weight.  So a pill that weighs less should be "thrown back" and saved for later.  Then find a pill that weighs enough to file.

I'm on my iPad and I'm don't know how to post links from it. If you google trileptal and benzo withdrawal they come up. It is a powerful drug, but it doesn't affect me badly. Most psych drugs don't affect me at all like SSRIs, sleeping pills etc. I don't know how I would get proof unless I tried it. My pdoc is clueless. You think going back to 4mg would still affect me like 6 months later? Like kindling? It just confuses me that things changed so drastically.

I have enough .5mg pills and my pdoc has no problem giving me more. Ok, that makes sense because there is a discrepancy in the weight of my pills. My .5mg pills have an average weight of .169g. I would like to switch to liquid at some point, so it's more accurate, but one thing at a time. what would be the weight in grams of my doses in a .5mg pill? Thanks for always helping me so much! I really appreciate it!

Marija,

SG,

XO Maya

Glad you are feeling some improvements, Maya!

Figuring out how your body uniquely handles additions and subtractions is a lot of trial and error. You're getting there!

Marija 💗

Marija,

Thank you so much! It definitely is! I think MT will be much better. I just need to find my rhythm.

XO Maya  :smitten:

I'm on my iPad and I'm don't know how to post links from it. If you google trileptal and benzo withdrawal they come up. It is a powerful drug, but it doesn't affect me badly. Most psych drugs don't affect me at all like SSRIs, sleeping pills etc. I don't know how I would get proof unless I tried it. My pdoc is clueless. You think going back to 4mg would still affect me like 6 months later? Like kindling? It just confuses me that things changed so drastically.

I have enough .5mg pills and my pdoc has no problem giving me more. Ok, that makes sense because there is a discrepancy in the weight of my pills. My .5mg pills have an average weight of .169g. I would like to switch to liquid at some point, so it's more accurate, but one thing at a time. what would be the weight in grams of my doses in a .5mg pill? Thanks for always helping me so much! I really appreciate it!

Just because they haven't affect you in the past does not mean they won't in the future.  I would not take a drug like that on the hope it might help.

Tapering dry pills right now is okay.  Your dose is so high.  A .5mg pill has half as much K in it so if it is the same weight then you need 2x as much weight to get the same dose.  If you can get .5mg pills you will be better off.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [in...]
    • [fr...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [je...]
    • [PE...]
    • [El...]
    • [ra...]
    • [Ar...]
    • [he...]