Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Dang! I was hoping I would log in and you guys would all be feeling better. I'm positive we will all come through this wave feeling much better. About the asthma thing-- for me I could not get a deep breath of air and it wasn't just a feeling because once my lungs opened up I could instantly feel the difference. It was like a band was placed on the bottom of my lungs and I could only get a small amount of air. When I was in tolerance the Dr said I had asthma, but the inhaler she gave me did nothing- didn't help at all. So who knows? But my breathing has improved a log over the last few weeks, so I'm hoping its all w/d.

Nova-- I have the "fire" brain too-- its no fun.. What the heck is going on up there? Right?

Beulah-- I was encouraged to read your post, you sound really good. The nerve pain is my most hated sx  too.

I've been feeling better the last few days, everything is still there but seems to have calmed down a lot. I had a hard time falling asleep last night too sky--i kept having disturbing visuals flash inside my brain.. Anyone else get this? I only get this before bed too.

Feel better everyone, jenny

Jenny, I was also diagnosed with asthma during tolerance.  And then it was gone, poof.  Now it feels the same way.  And, no, the inhaler does not help.  Go figure.  Matt Samett said he was also diagnosed with asthma and it later disappeared.  which asthma doesn't do.  I'm certain it's withdrawal.

And I get the disturbing visuals when I try to fall asleep.  like monster stuff, the things my nightmares are made of?

Hey you guys, I have had the asthma chest for several months now. The cold air definitely makes it worse. I never had anything like this before withdrawal. I have even started wheezing, not much coughing. The one thing that helps me is inhaling steam. I have been running my vaporizer all winter because the air inside is so dry from the furnace and the cold dry air outside.

I've had all kinds of weird respiratory symptoms this winter, I always feel like I have a cold in my ears, they feel congested. I also sip on something hot throughout the day, it helps relax the muscles around the lungs and eases the wheezing. I like to sip on chicken broth and weak decaf green tea.

All this stuff is just crazy

Be well.

Ditto!

Hi everybody.

I am having a really bad day, vibrations and palps. I believe I am back in the 24 hour wave loop, I hope not, it's such an emotional rollercoaster !

I also have a lot of lessons, so I tried to take as many short naps as I could manage. They never seem to be enough.

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep, by mistake I saw the picture of that poor pilot who was sentenced to death by Isis. I hope nobody saw the pics or even knows about it, I try to avoid the news in wd. Anyway it kept  surfacing in my thoughts, and I did my best to take my mind off.

Ok, off to work, hope you are having  a better day.  :smitten:

Like NOva, I am waiting sometimes impatiently.

:tickedoff:

Yes, Sky, the vibrations and palps are back.  I'm hoping it doesn't last too long.  I've been avoiding everything about that pilot.  CNN won't show it here.  I don't even like to hear them talk about it.  Hope you have a better day

I have been hit with a wave of fatigue. It's hard for me to keep my eyes open. And here I am at work. I'm really beginning to think work is not helping my recovery..... Trying to keep going.

:'(

Peace2

Peace, that's the downside to the beginning of the second year, the fatigue.  It can be intense.  But you should get breaks, and it really does go away. :smitten:

Nova, .  I wish I would have been on the thread earlier....

I had some errands to do and am just now looking at the boards

...........Here's the good news....It's going to lift. It's going to l8ft.  I have been crying in acute misery for a week. ....went to sleep yesterday afternoon. (after 3 nights,of insomnia). Slept all the way through until 8 this morning...unheard of for me for all of the last 2 years....REM sleep all through. I woke up this morning and felt 90% normal....head pressure zaps, hysterical hypochondria.  gone...Went  shopping with my daughter and still have energy and clarity...Nova , I thought I was dying all of this week.  It's gone. ..I could cry for you that this is beating up on you. It sounds exactly like what my last 2 or so weeks has been. I honestly thought I had kindled by taking less than 6 mg of beta blocker.  It was exactly like being in acute again.  A couple of days ago I couldn't do anything either.

......Nova.. this is going to pass. I wish this hadn't come around to you.  I do think ( crossing my fingers) it leaves us at a better baseline .  we'll see what comes along tomorrow. I will say that I did take 200mg Ibueprofen last night. But it doesn't feel like I will need to repeat it tonight.

.......I am thinking of you Nova...and everyone on the thread today...This just has to be our last plunge into acute....I will be on this afternoon and evening. Hoping to see people feeling better..  coop

Good news, Coop!

HH-- great news! So happy you had a good day!

Sky-- so sorry you are having a rough day, let's hope this passes quickly for you-- head pressure is the worst. I think your lessons are good distractions. Feel better  :smitten:

Coop and Nova-- you both sound a little better today, so I hope your day ends well  :smitten:

I ended up forcing myself to take my kids to the park after dinner last night and I think the fresh air and exercise helped me yesterday. I tried jogging a little bit and surprisingly I didn't drop dead  :laugh: I'm feeling much better today, still with a lot of brain sensations but my mood is better and sx  are more tolerable today. Jenny

Jenny, getting out the door and walking probably saved my life.  I always feel better when I do.

Did you jog far?  And did you have any after effects?  body pain?

Hi Green,

Not too far, maybe a 20 minute jog.. I did feel a little achy and sore afterwards with slight muscle weakness-- not as bad as I've had it though. Jenny

Jenny, that is very, very good news.  Running is good for stamina, and confidence.  I think we lost a lot of that during withdrawal.  There are a lot of things I'm just afraid to try to do.  I'm really happy to hear about your run.  I know you've been trying the hike on the mountain in the backyard.  FYI.  When tolerance hit, I was in decent shape, had been doing a lot of hiking.  I noticed I had major trouble going up.  It was like gravity was pulling me down to the ground.  I even notice it on the stairs.  So the hiking will probably get easier as you get better.  Me, too, I hope! :thumbsup:

Good morning everybody.

Today's day specialty, is crushing anxiety on the house ! No vibrations, no palps, but crushing anxiety, even brushing my hair is upsetting on days like this.

Arrrgh, no way out of this, is there ?

Have a better day everybody. :smitten:

Hi Sky ... no way of avoiding the "daily special" ... we have to eat what we are served ...  :crazy:

I got two batches of rest last night ... not really sleep ... and things have dialed down from yesterday's high revving ... am a bit shell-shocked this morning ... going about gingerly ... don't want to stir anything up ...

And that is just magical thinking ... what will be, will be ...

Wishing you a good Italian day ...

:smitten:

Good morning,

I just reread Lostdogs success story and found something that jumped out at me that I didn't really notice before, probably because I wasn't there yet. He wrote that after 18 months he started getting better but wondered if there would always be lingering symptoms. That's where I am now, mostly ok....my recovery doesn't really stop me from doing anything...but I still have some very uncomfortable chunks of time. I've been worried that THIS is healed. It was good to read that Lostdog felt the same.

Praying for healing for all of us!

Love,

HH

Hi Folks ... regarding "asthma" ... I always use to use Traditional Medicinals "Breathe Easy" tea if I was getting a little stuffed up ... from a cold or flu like symptoms ...

Then had to stop it because it was revving the daylights out of me ... one of its ingredients is licorice root ... and can affect heart rate sometimes ...

Tried some this morning ... no revving ... and it feels like it use to feel ... opening things up some ...

Just thought I would pass this on ...

;)

So glad HH and Nova! I hope those breaks keep coming for all of us! I am at school all day and then into the evening with an open house. I don't know how, but I will. Same show, different day. Who has the remote because I sure am sick of this show! I think I've seen every episode at least twice. I can't wait until I get some new episodes, like the finale!

HH, Thanks for sharing LostDog's words. 18 months seems sooooo far away. Just have to keep going.

Prayers all around on a day like today!

Peace2

I've read somewhere on hear that gabba receptors start to grow back at around 18 months, not sure if that is true but that would explain why so many people heal between the 18-24 month mark.

Nova-- so glad to hear you are feeling better!

I'm feeling so much better today too, everything has lifted to a very manageable level. I went on another hike last night, a much harder hike-- all uphill and I wasn't dragging I was moving fast. I felt fine afterwards-- no exhaustion, no joint pain or muscle weakness.  Sounds like we are all getting a big break from this recent wave. Jenny

Hi all, I see it's been a rough past week for a lot of you.  Sorry to hear, at least for some of you it's getting better.  Just gotta keep pushing, keep challenging yourself, keep saying yes to everything.  Do everything you don't think you can do, then when you're done, do some more!  This withdrawal preys on those who are lazy, and are apprehensive about everything.  If you're really feeling that bad and can't think, feel dizzy, fatigued etc.....lay down, rest, you deserve it, it helps.....but don't let resting become the norm.  Depression is right around the corner from that.  Ok, that's my speech, now here's a little crazy story.

I think my last update was a couple weeks ago.  I was having a horrible day, was facing a lot of hours plowing in the blizzard Massachusetts got.  Even a rescue dose kept crossing my mind, just to take the stress away from having to drive during that dangerous snowy chaos. (thank you for talking me out that coop) I tried sleeping from 7 till 1am before hitting the roads but I couldn't make that happen.  I tried sleeping at 8am, that didn't happen either, had to plow all day. Long story short I ended up in a really bad place after almost 40 hours without sleep.  I was completely nervous, tired, seeing things, acting weird......when a wave mixes with sleep exhaustion it's like month one all over again!  Sick stuff, will try not to let that happen again.

Since then we keep getting nailed with snow, my body is so beat from shoveling and lifting stuff I shouldn't even be lifting. (37 year old with spine and tendon injuries, I feel 80 dammit) This winter has been quite the test.  I haven't given up yet so I guess I'm passing.  All this snow removal work would be a lot easier if my I didn't have a 3rd grader and all this housework and homework to keep up with at the same time.  I have almost lost my mind several times over the past couple weeks.  Just so much stress and responsibility for one healing man to deal with.  My wife has her own issues so it feels like it's just me living here.  We won't get into that....

Hey, 4 more days of snow coming to Mass from Saturday till Tuesday morning.  Wee, cha-ching.  Hopefully I can drag my butt to the Foreigner concert Tuesday night in Northampton!!  Hopefully I'm not revved up, oh well, if I am, I'm going anyway, I have to be tough.  If I skip plans it just makes me feel worse after, just say yes people!

Hi HH ... somehow, I determined before I started my taper that this would take about 18 months after taper ... probably a combination of Ashton and what passes for intuition on my part ... really can't point to anything specific ... wasn't connected to BB at the time ...

So ... I am waiting for the big 18 ... hoping yours is wonderful ...

Hi Peace ... another long day for you ... hope you get some rest this weekend ... I found the remote ... I keep pressing buttons ... all I find are reruns ... maybe I need a new remote ...  :crazy:

Enjoy your weekend ... the Easter Bunny is a comin' ...

Hi Jenny ... glad you got more hiking in ... wish I could do some more walking ... just too icy out there today ... hope to get out tomorrow ...

I had a good after my storm day ... things stayed dialed down ... and I got some standing exercise in for a while ... this is going to be the most welcome Spring I have anticipated in a long time ...

Be Well ...

Nova, get a new remote then.  ;)

The easter bunny is on its way, and he is bringing our fabled 18 month !!

Good night folks, I am hopping to bed, it was nice walking in the snow, nice and tiring in  good way. Very little snow compared to  many of you on the East coast !

Hi all, I see it's been a rough past week for a lot of you.  Sorry to hear, at least for some of you it's getting better.  Just gotta keep pushing, keep challenging yourself, keep saying yes to everything.  Do everything you don't think you can do, then when you're done, do some more!  This withdrawal preys on those who are lazy, and are apprehensive about everything.  If you're really feeling that bad and can't think, feel dizzy, fatigued etc.....lay down, rest, you deserve it, it helps.....but don't let resting become the norm.  Depression is right around the corner from that.  Ok, that's my speech, now here's a little crazy story.

I think my last update was a couple weeks ago.  I was having a horrible day, was facing a lot of hours plowing in the blizzard Massachusetts got.  Even a rescue dose kept crossing my mind, just to take the stress away from having to drive during that dangerous snowy chaos. (thank you for talking me out that coop) I tried sleeping from 7 till 1am before hitting the roads but I couldn't make that happen.  I tried sleeping at 8am, that didn't happen either, had to plow all day. Long story short I ended up in a really bad place after almost 40 hours without sleep.  I was completely nervous, tired, seeing things, acting weird......when a wave mixes with sleep exhaustion it's like month one all over again!  Sick stuff, will try not to let that happen again.

Since then we keep getting nailed with snow, my body is so beat from shoveling and lifting stuff I shouldn't even be lifting. (37 year old with spine and tendon injuries, I feel 80 dammit) This winter has been quite the test.  I haven't given up yet so I guess I'm passing.  All this snow removal work would be a lot easier if my I didn't have a 3rd grader and all this housework and homework to keep up with at the same time.  I have almost lost my mind several times over the past couple weeks.  Just so much stress and responsibility for one healing man to deal with.  My wife has her own issues so it feels like it's just me living here.  We won't get into that....

Hey, 4 more days of snow coming to Mass from Saturday till Tuesday morning.  Wee, cha-ching.  Hopefully I can drag my butt to the Foreigner concert Tuesday night in Northampton!!  Hopefully I'm not revved up, oh well, if I am, I'm going anyway, I have to be tough.  If I skip plans it just makes me feel worse after, just say yes people!

MJ,...

Daaaang, bro. This is EXACTLY what I needed to read. Sheesh, THANK YOU. Thank you for taking the time to write this, and mostly...thank you for facing, and dealing, with it all. I NEED those "buttkickers" like you in my life to push/pull/DRAG my butt onward sometimes! Anyways, lol :)

LOVE it, bro. Keep it comin', and keep it going :) You're doing awesome! Many thanks again :)

Mrs. :smitten:

HH and Nova,..  desperately hoping for an 18 month turn around...back in a miserable wave today. Yesterday..heaven...today hell. I think Sky said she was getting 'even/odd' every other day pattern of window/wave . This is the worst stretch I have had since summer..

....Can't say that I am ' pushing ' through but I am still standing on my feet...

.....HH you are sounding better, encouraged and ready for the last mile. We are all right behind you cheering you on. 

.....Nova, you sound like you are emerging from a bad wave.  and still standing.  however I have to tell you, standing on NO feet is never going to happen.  ..coop

Mike, ...Glad that your 40 hour wave from hell let up. I had a similar one last week and fantasized about reinstating myself. It is only because I was medically reinstated for 3 days in June and it really set me back. So that can never be an option for me.

......You sound like you are kicking its ass Mike..  You are going to make it.. we all are..  coop

Coop ... you have burst my bubble ... I have been practicing the no feet thingie for years ... I guess I will have to give up ...

Sorry to hear you are back in the soup again ... it will pass ... they always do ... I have been pretty good today ... have gotten edgy a few times but it never took off ... just gotta hang on ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ph...]
    • [...]
    • [Th...]
    • [jo...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [...]
    • [Ca...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Fr...]