Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Green ... another buddy once described that sweating stuff as "malaria" ... I did have a bout of it for several months and then it went away not to return ... don't seem to have much of the sweats at all anymore ...

:smitten:

Malaria.  It freaks some buddies out.  I never minded sweating.  I didn't like the temperature extremes that came with it.  Freezing cold and wet, covers on, hot flushes, covers off.  seemed like it was on a timer, all night long.  It drifted away, I don't remember when.

Hi Beulah, I use yogurt or almond milk because I don't like juices either. I add almonds or almond butter for extra protein . We have sons about the same age...mine is 35...

....How are you doing? ....You were sounding good the last time you posted...I hope you are good Beulah...keep us posted. We can use all the good news we can get here...coop

Hey Coop,I will have to try the almond butter in my yogurt drink.

As far as my healing, my baseline has improved. While I still have symptoms all over the map and some bad waves, I can feel healing underneath it all. It's like the withdrawal layers are being peel away more quickly....one hour...one day...one month at a time.

I'm feeling really tired lately. I had my doc check my vitamins levels and they were all fine except the d3, not gonna go there yet. I'm still hypo thyroid  and I know it's continuing to my fatigue but at the same time I can't go up on my thyroid meds. My new doc is trying to understand all of this and letting me call the shots.  I brought to him as a new patient a lot of years of medical baggage and he really doesn't know what to do with me. He is listening to me about the withdrawal and that's a plus.

He admitted he knows very little about benzodiazepine withdrawal, so Now I'm working very hard at educating him. I have so much to tell him that my visits have been running over in time. I scheduled my next appointment for the latest time of day....lol....I won't shut up ...and they can't make me.

I think my worst symptoms are still the nerve and head pain. I still have the chemical burning, nerve and muscle pain in my legs along with the neuropathy. All of this is improving...just very turtle speed.

My medical fears, intrusive thoughts, panic, anxiety and depression are all so much better.

My husband told me the other day that I'm getting my sense of humor back. Sometimes we don't notice our own improvements and it takes someone close to us to point these things out. Just like we need constant reassurance that we're ok, we also need to hear of the improvements in our healing...or at least I do.

As warmer weather is right around the corner I know we will all feel much improvements.

Let the time pass and carry on as best I can. This is all I can do for now, and for now...it's enough for me.

Hugs to all of you.

Beulah, you sound really, really good.  I'm so happy for you.  Yes, a good sign is the sense of humor.  I laughed out loud the other day. Huge.  Like you, I still have lots of deficits, but I also feel the healing happening.  It's just a matter of time, for all of us. :smitten: :smitten:

Green,

Your chest thing is your actual lungs, you think? Mine seems more like it's my rib cage/sternum that is squeezing, almost like its cramping maybe. It presents with some bursts of pain, but mostly a burning sensation.

I absolute hate it!

"Asthma chest", that is what it is. Great description! I feel like my chest is being squeezed in sometimes, but from the inside. I think it's from the fascia being all tight, maybe? Whatever it is, it sometimes feels like I can't take a proper breath and my chest feels heavy and achy.

I had quite a bit of this today. I had one episode when it felt like my chest and head were squeezing in so much that it made me have a burst of anxiety flare up. It didn't last long, but I hated it nonetheless.

I sure am tired tonight and look forward to going to sleep early.  :sleepy:

I am sad to read that so many are in waves today. I'm amazed at how we can continue to do this. We are stronger than we even realize! One day we WILL get through this. 100% done. Healed. Please, Lord, let that day be soon!

Amy, I think this might be respiratory, like a real pseudo asmtha.  (Hope I don't trigger any health fears!) 

Do you, or Nova, notice it getting any worse when you're outside in the cold? 

Actually, I feel it now, and I'm sitting on the couch and it's 70 degrees in here.  so I don't know.

Isn't this what Jenny had?

Green,

Your chest thing is your actual lungs, you think? Mine seems more like it's my rib cage/sternum that is squeezing, almost like its cramping maybe. It presents with some bursts of pain, but mostly a burning sensation.

I absolute hate it!

The sternum, actually, it feels like it's being squeezed, now that you mention it.  I thought it was the lungs because it radiates.  I'm pretty sure Jenny had this a couple of months ago.  That's why I didn't freak.

Sue,

Mine feels more skeletal/muscular. I'm lying here with these little spasms running all across my ribs and chest. It feels like it's hard to fully expand my lungs because of them, but I can actually take a deep breath so I know it's more sensation than anything. It sometimes causes a flash of pain, but it is more often burning and squeezing.

I really hate this symptom!  :'(

Green,

I absolute hate it!

The sternum, actually, it feels like it's being squeezed, now that you mention it.  I thought it was the lungs because it radiates.  I'm pretty sure Jenny had this a couple of months ago.  That's why I didn't freak.

I have had a feeling of pressure on my sternum for a while now.  It caused me to get all those heart tests.  Since I've been cleared as a healthy heart person I now ignore as something deadly  it but it's very bothersome

Hey you guys, I have had the asthma chest for several months now. The cold air definitely makes it worse. I never had anything like this before withdrawal. I have even started wheezing, not much coughing. The one thing that helps me is inhaling steam. I have been running my vaporizer all winter because the air inside is so dry from the furnace and the cold dry air outside.

I've had all kinds of weird respiratory symptoms this winter, I always feel like I have a cold in my ears, they feel congested. I also sip on something hot throughout the day, it helps relax the muscles around the lungs and eases the wheezing. I like to sip on chicken broth and weak decaf green tea.

All this stuff is just crazy

Be well.

Hi Folks ... 2 AM here ... so I guess it is "Good Morning" ...

I shut down around 8 PM and slept for a while ... and woke up tight, congested, and "dry" ...

To the posts on "asthma" ... yes and yes and yes ...

And these posts are giving me a lot of comfort ... and taking the wind out of the health fear beast's sails ...

When I pay attention, I have no problem taking a deep breath ... so ... no asthma ... the sensations and experience is a "symptom" ... so, for me, the long and the short of this is, once again, I am getting bush wacked by the beast ... you would think I would have learned by now ...

Oh well ... for me, onward and upward ... and ... it is such a blessing to have this group ... you all help keep me in the game ... thank you ...

Nova, I'm so sorry you are having the chest issue. I've had this as well, I know I don't have asthma (been tested many times over the years due to allergies), but antihiohelp me!

Can't wait till healing is completed!

Be well all!

I'm doing good! Not sure what is possibly healing and what is part of pre existing stuff!

I've had allergies and rashes for most of my life. Come to find out I have mast cell activation disorder. The years I was on benzos I was doing better with this, as Benzos can help treat the mast cells. Since I've stopped the benzos I have gotten worse. Thank goodness, there are other treatments, as I will NEVER take benzos again! I would rather have the suffering from mast cell attack then the benzo suffering! Additionally, I just found out I have Raynaud's.

Those along with other health issues...but none of it is as bad as benzo wd/healing!

My prayers go out to everyone today!

Hi everybody.

I am having a really bad day, vibrations and palps. I believe I am back in the 24 hour wave loop, I hope not, it's such an emotional rollercoaster !

I also have a lot of lessons, so I tried to take as many short naps as I could manage. They never seem to be enough.

Last night I had a hard time falling asleep, by mistake I saw the picture of that poor pilot who was sentenced to death by Isis. I hope nobody saw the pics or even knows about it, I try to avoid the news in wd. Anyway it kept  surfacing in my thoughts, and I did my best to take my mind off.

Ok, off to work, hope you are having  a better day.  :smitten:

Like NOva, I am waiting sometimes impatiently.

:tickedoff:

I have been hit with a wave of fatigue. It's hard for me to keep my eyes open. And here I am at work. I'm really beginning to think work is not helping my recovery..... Trying to keep going.

:'(

Peace2

Good morning,

Ugh....lots of trouble trying to get up. I don't want to do it, wishing I could hide under my covers today. I've got some nerve stuff and my chest stuff going on, which always brings the fear.

I feel like crying. Hoping today gets better!

Okay ... this has to be benzo winter ... Sky and Peace and HH ... I was just coming on and I read your posts ... there has to be a humongous pushing of healing going on all over the world ...

I am sitting here this morning with my brain moderately on fire ... would never have known what is going on without you guys and your posts ... and I have burning in my sinus, throat and down to my stomach ... not grossly terrible ... just feels like I have reflux up into my brain ... and I am having zaps of the scalp stuff ...

I don't need something new ... I will settle for all the old stuff ... at the same time if need be ...  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hang on Folks ... the rollercoaster will stop soon ...

Peace ... I had a sort of waking dream about you last night ... we were talking about your fatigue and job stuff ... we settle on that this is just the winter stretch between Christmas and Easter ... you can make it until Easter ... one week at a time ... just passing on our "conversation" ...

This is indeed crazy times for some of us ... one hour, one day at a time ...

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

GMIT ... sounds like you are aware of where you are and are dealing with what is in front of you ... hard work ... my thoughts and good wishes are with you ...

Nova, you know, I sort of had a fever for a couple of hours. I looked feverish, I felt feverish, I don't know if I was actually having a temperature, didn't get the time, after a few hours I was feeling better, so who knows ?

In wd, you don't believe a thing after a while.

Anyway, somehow we are pulling through and that is incredible, really is. WHat are you cooking today ? I can 't be trusted anywhere near a flame these days. Luckily mr Sky is improving his cooking skills by the day.

Sky ... the way I am going this morning today may turn out to be a pick up the phone and call for a pizza day ... I need to make another loaf of bread ... needed to open a new big bag of flour and put it in containers ... just stood there looking at it ... nope, not right now ... maybe later ... there is enough snow all over the place ... don't want some in the kitchen ...

Just keeping things slow ... and staying out of the benzo rabbit hole ...

Hang on Folks ... we will get there ...

Just hanging on this afternoon ... not at all sure why this is happening at this point ... I guess it just is ... nasty head pressure ... neck, throat and chest constrictions ... and the vibrations ...

Not at all fun ...

Mrs, I so hope so, I need there to be a reason for all this anguish we are going through this far out. 

If I have gone back to my 24  hour wave, I will  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  That is, I will just weep and moan, as I usually do !  ;)

Seriously, I really hope this is not the case, it would be a lot for me to bear at this time !

;) Heal on guys!

Hi again ... I have not stopped revving since this morning ... this is getting old real fast ... and everything is irritating me to the point of anxiety ... sure sounds like acute deja-vu ...

Not a happy camper ...  :tickedoff:

Just hanging on this afternoon ... not at all sure why this is happening at this point ... I guess it just is ... nasty head pressure ... neck, throat and chest constrictions ... and the vibrations ...

Not at all fun ...

"Not fun at all"....understatement of the year.  ;)  You are on the edge of breaking through with a higher baseline.  It will happen, and hopefully soon.

:mybuddy: Big hugs to you!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Le...]
    • [...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Mi...]
    • [no...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Mo...]
    • [23...]
    • [Ka...]