Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi Drew, just saw the question you directed to me.  I think I had my last true wave in month 9 if I recall correctly, and it was steady improvement from there.  I've finally stopped looking over my shoulder for the next one, if that makes sense.  Good healing to you.

Hi 12-18 buddies.  An FYI for all of using tylenol, ibuprofen aspirin, or any otc pain/ headache relief...you are not going to like this...sigh.

...I have been using tylenol and or ibuprofen ( mostly tylenol) for headaches. Sometimes not at all in a week's time...other times 2/3 times in each 24 hours for 3-5 days in a row. I noticed that my headaches were  bouncing back more often than not. So I wondered if I was re-bounding  and decided to research it as FJ had said something about re-bounding from ' safe' medications....uugggghh....it's true. I looked at 3 sites on Google. I typed in, " Tylenol...rebound pain"...all 3 sites addressed the issue of both rebound pain and rebound headaches. Rebound pain/ headache is pain/ headache that routinely returns after treatment with the otc. ..usually at a greater level. This creates a spiral of.  you guessed it.  medicating more often at a greater dose. Then you have to wean off tylenol ( for God's sake!.. tylenol!)and it can take 6-13 weeks for chronic headaches.. that probably wouldnt have been chronic if not for the rebound syndrome. Damn damn damn. ....The article says tylenol and other otc pain relief should never be taken for more than a couple of days in a week's time...and not every week. .. great

..So I went back to some old ' Other Medications' posts and in 2011 Libbey posted that exact question so there is a short thread there about tylenol re-bound pain. Interestingly one of the Google sites cited the BB reference. 

.....So...one of the comments on the thread reported good relief with ThermaCare heat wraps for back/neck pain.

...So I am discouraged.  alot  by this information because I thought the Tylenol was doing a pretty good job of helping my back/body/head pain.  turns out, it is causing some of it. The article was absolutely void about recommendations for helping headaches.. or I just didn't follow all of the related links far enough.  So there we are.  In a million years I never would have thought tylenol would be something that people could be in a position to w/d from

..I am going to try the ThermaCare wraps and hope for some relief...good thing I like lavender Epsome salts hot bath soaks.....well, sorry to everyone suffering body pain and/or headaches...happy soaking ....coop

Thx floc!

Coop-I get lots of headaches. I try only taking otc's  3x per week. I also try to alternat between Motrin, aspirin, and Tylenol.  Sometimes I take a combination. I think Motrin works differently so I hope I'm doing it okay.  :crazy:

Thanks Drew, that helps me know that they are w/d and not fatal brain tumors...what about all over body pain? ...That's a new one for me and it showed up late ...month 12/13. ...

....On ward we go...headaches and body pain not withstanding....You are sounding great Drew...even with the temporary wavy days. .Wishing you a very good day tomorrow....coop

I love you too, Jenny. I know how hard you're working to get through this crapstorm! I don't think we'll always have to be quite this diligent but probably more diligent than before. Maybe that's ok. But we're tired out! We need a break. They tell me it's coming. 

Because I am a pissed off curious cat, I ordered the 23andme genetic testing kit. It's kind of ridiculous and don't think it will help with this benzo recovery, but I wonder if it might be enlightening in the bigger picture.

Here's to another day in the books. Happy new year to me... I'm official.

Peace,

I did the 23andme test.  It was very, very interesting.

Just wanted to pop in on the new thread and say hello!  I almost never come here anymore, which is a testament to how much I've healed, but I can never leave BB completely behind until I feel I've given back for all the life saving help I got here.  I am 14 months off, and I believe I'm healed.  The only thing stopping me from writing a success story is some anxiety/catastrophic thinking, but the truth is, I had it before benzos and that's what got me into this mess to begin with.  But, physically I feel fantastic, and spiritually, I am better than I was before.  Yes, overall, (and I shudder to say this because I'd never want to go through it again, but), I AM BETTER FOR HAVING GONE THROUGH THIS!!

I thank God every day that I've made it to the other side intact.  You will too.  Every last, precious one of you.

God bless you all,

"floc"

I am very, very happy for you.  Thank you so much for stopping by.  Wow, 14 months, that's pretty good.

Hi Minnie....I just read your success story last night . I am so happy for you ...Alot of healing in this group lately!. Helps us so much to hear from our buddies who have traveled with us.

. ..You have no idea how much it means to us to hear of success. As you know , we are so sure as the months stretch on that we are not going to heal. ...

....I am getting much better at month 14, but it has only been in the last 4 weeks or so. Most of my head pressure and headaches is so much less, but it still pops up ( not nearly as bad as in months 6-11). ...I have new body pain, like a Mac truck ran over my back. Completely different than my RA pain..much more in the muscles ..especially back, shoulders, neck and upper arms. It comes and goes so I know it's w/d.

.....You helped me so much when my head pressure came out of the blue at month 6. I remember the week it descended on me I was scared out of my mind and you stayed on the thread with me through that night and several times throughout the following weeks. You saved me a trip to er. I think it was the scariest sx of this whole misery. I still feel somewhat traumatized by months 6- 11. I am just now really feeling the healing even underneath sx during wavy days. You have no idea what your reassurance did for me.

...I hope you are enjoying every single moment of your returned life. ...love to you Minnie.  .coop

Coop,

I'm with you, the body pain, aches and stiffness, is awful.  And the last couple of days, the crazy thoughts, DP, DR.  But still much better, and believing every day we heal more.

Hi 12-18 buddies.  An FYI for all of using tylenol, ibuprofen aspirin, or any otc pain/ headache relief...you are not going to like this...sigh.

...I have been using tylenol and or ibuprofen ( mostly tylenol) for headaches. Sometimes not at all in a week's time...other times 2/3 times in each 24 hours for 3-5 days in a row. I noticed that my headaches were  bouncing back more often than not. So I wondered if I was re-bounding  and decided to research it as FJ had said something about re-bounding from ' safe' medications....uugggghh....it's true. I looked at 3 sites on Google. I typed in, " Tylenol...rebound pain"...all 3 sites addressed the issue of both rebound pain and rebound headaches. Rebound pain/ headache is pain/ headache that routinely returns after treatment with the otc. ..usually at a greater level. This creates a spiral of.  you guessed it.  medicating more often at a greater dose. Then you have to wean off tylenol ( for God's sake!.. tylenol!)and it can take 6-13 weeks for chronic headaches.. that probably wouldnt have been chronic if not for the rebound syndrome. Damn damn damn. ....The article says tylenol and other otc pain relief should never be taken for more than a couple of days in a week's time...and not every week. .. great

..So I went back to some old ' Other Medications' posts and in 2011 Libbey posted that exact question so there is a short thread there about tylenol re-bound pain. Interestingly one of the Google sites cited the BB reference. 

.....So...one of the comments on the thread reported good relief with ThermaCare heat wraps for back/neck pain.

...So I am discouraged.  alot  by this information because I thought the Tylenol was doing a pretty good job of helping my back/body/head pain.  turns out, it is causing some of it. The article was absolutely void about recommendations for helping headaches.. or I just didn't follow all of the related links far enough.  So there we are.  In a million years I never would have thought tylenol would be something that people could be in a position to w/d from

..I am going to try the ThermaCare wraps and hope for some relief...good thing I like lavender Epsome salts hot bath soaks.....well, sorry to everyone suffering body pain and/or headaches...happy soaking ....coop

And, Coop, the Tylenol is really bad for the liver, I mean really bad if taken consistently over time.

Good Morning ...

I have been off in la-la-land for a couple of days ... you know, that place where nothing exciting going on ... mostly same old, same old ... just getting through the days ... I think they also call it Winter ...

Noticing little pleasures ... while waiting for the bus ... how really, really white the snow is in places ... and how I can see colours ... all the many shades of the cars going by ... and the red of the stop sign ... and that bit of blue over there ... and the orange sign on the truck that just past ... fascinated ... how do we see colours? ... do we see them all the time? ... or do we have to notice them first? ... hmmm ...

And ... how warm the sun feels when there is no wind blowing ... and where does the wind go when it is not blowing right here? ... mindfulness at a bus stop ...

Meandering thoughts ... busy mind ... little pleasures ... time passing ... and a little more healing ...

Be Well ...

:smitten:

Ahh Nova, I remember so vividly the first time, after jumping, that I saw the sky "differently"...it was so beautiful! I was trying to explain it to my husband and he was looking at me strangely! HA!

You sound good!

Hi sky :) I've been working out since I jumped, so almost 16 months now. When I first started I could only do 5 minutes because my POTS was so bad and I would get so dizzy from standing. I do 30 minutes every morning of intense strength/cardio/weights and then I also walk for an hour about 4 times a week. Working out is probably the only thing throughout this year that consistently makes me feel better after I do it. Are you able to walk at all? I thought you did bike riding? Jenny  :smitten:

Jenny, that sounds so great. I never really consider bike rides exercise, there are no hills, there is no big effort involved. I would love to get back to cardio and weights.

Good Morning ...

I have been off in la-la-land for a couple of days ... you know, that place where nothing exciting going on ... mostly same old, same old ... just getting through the days ... I think they also call it Winter ...

Noticing little pleasures ... while waiting for the bus ... how really, really white the snow is in places ... and how I can see colours ... all the many shades of the cars going by ... and the red of the stop sign ... and that bit of blue over there ... and the orange sign on the truck that just past ... fascinated ... how do we see colours? ... do we see them all the time? ... or do we have to notice them first? ... hmmm ...

And ... how warm the sun feels when there is no wind blowing ... and where does the wind go when it is not blowing right here? ... mindfulness at a bus stop ...

Meandering thoughts ... busy mind ... little pleasures ... time passing ... and a little more healing ...

Be Well ...

Michael Nova, I started to experience that last summer when I noticed every blade of grass, every tiny flower and was overwhelmed and had to take  pics of every single thing. I could not believe it. THen in fall, I could not get over the many colours of the leaves.

Now, who can you tell something like this to ? It's not all about moaning all day here. There are some things only a buddy can get.

Thanks for this post.

GMIT...Yahooo!....wow...so HAPPY for you!... Not having a wave during illness has to be a sign of healing..If I am reading your signature right , to are just shy of one year?....I am just hoping and waiting for the day that I can say that I have been feeling good for a month..

.....Enjoy . Thank you for sharing this . I think I am counting 4vBBS who have posted wellness here in the last 24 hours. All between 12 -18 months. I am just stoked with renewed hope and faith in the process. ...G, ...I will be watching for a success story...Wishing you happy happy days..coop

Yes coop, I also have rebound pain from the Tylenol but I still have to take it occasionally. I can't imagine not taking anything for the pain on bad days. I have noticed the further out I get on healing the less rebound pain I get. Yes, the Tylenol is hard on the liver and the ibuprofen is hard on the kidneys and stomach. All of these meds have side affects and we all know this..but....its like we're dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.

Do what you think is best coop...it's really all we can do.

Hugs.

Good Morning ...

Be Well ...

Nova,

Wonderful!  So glad you can enjoy that.  I know about those brilliant colors, I remember staring at leaves in the trees, the green was so amazing, and I remember wondering if my brain was getting rewired.  We don't have to overthink it, just be glad it happens.  Happy for you

Hi sky :) I've been working out since I jumped, so almost 16 months now. When I first started I could only do 5 minutes because my POTS was so bad and I would get so dizzy from standing. I do 30 minutes every morning of intense strength/cardio/weights and then I also walk for an hour about 4 times a week. Working out is probably the only thing throughout this year that consistently makes me feel better after I do it. Are you able to walk at all? I thought you did bike riding? Jenny  :smitten:

Jenny, that sounds so great. I never really consider bike rides exercise, there are no hills, there is no big effort involved. I would love to get back to cardio and weights.

Me, too!  I was poring over adventure cycling websites last night.  I'm pretty sure I can cycle, I think I could go on a vacation where all I had to do was ride the bike all day.  I think.  Because what if I crap out, get heavy fatigue, and then I'm stuck?  Well, it's a good sign I'm even thinking about it, I guess. :D

Thank you Michael! I truly hope it continues! I want each of us to be healed and continue on to glorious lives!

GMIT, I hadn't recognized you without the dolphin !! Great seeing you !

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [li...]
    • [El...]
    • [Le...]
    • [an...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [...]
    • [Bl...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [Ba...]