Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I am very confused on whether they are real birthdays, benzo bdays, or anniversaries.  So i wish everyone a happy whatever they are celebrating :smitten::-X 

I am excited to report even with a bad nights' sleep I am having another effortless mind day.  If I could avoid the headache(which isn't here yet) I can declare I am in a window.  My bathroom morning stuff has been normal the last two days after over a month.  Still have chest discomfort but I can ignore it now.  I am at work being productive, not scanning my body, and generally enjoying my day.  So happy to feel okay :D

Drew,I think you can call it an ' effortless mind' day....on all counts....Happy happy for you...If you are able to climb into an MRI machine without sedative you are steel strong....I am so impressed. I have a hard time going to the doctor for a general check up....you sound great Drew. It is great that you post to us...it gives us all so much encouragement....Wishing you continued effortless mind days. ...coop

Happy Birthday, Sky! I think you'll love being 13;)

Drew, glad things are looking up.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Peace. It does look like a great age, but nothing like 14, right ? Mr Sky will be thrilled to learn  that's his age day after tomorrow !

This birthday means a lot  to me. As with all things after my Ct, everything means so much more.

No no, don't tell him!!  He'll take it as permission to act like it!! :2funny::D:P:muscle:

(Just kidding, of course!  He sounds like quite the standup guy :) )

Mrs. :smitten:

:happybday: Happy Birthday, Sky!!!

:smitten: Happy one-year anniversary, Peace!!

:thumbsup: Congrats on a successful CT, Drew!

Awww Mrs, you shouldn't have thanks so much !

Sooo glad you enjoyed your fries !

Down to the last fry, I did!! And smothered in ketchup...mmmmmmm... (mouth waters)

Happy day to you :smitten:

Jus' stopping by to say hi!

Yeeshk, it's Peace's 1-year anniversary today, and SkyHD's actual birthday today (there ya go, Drew! ;) )...this stuff comes in "threes", right?  Yup it do - it's my 2-month benzo free anniversary today as well!  Hoooray! :yippee:

Progress continues, along with the "ebb" and "flow" nonlinear nature of our healing...I am so grateful to be benzo free for the last two months.  So, so grateful!

I hope everyone's day is going well for them.  You are in my thoughts, buddies :)

:happybday: Happy Birthday, Sky!!!

:smitten: Happy one-year anniversary, Peace!!

:thumbsup: Congrats on a successful CT, Drew!

Awww Mrs, you shouldn't have thanks so much !

Sooo glad you enjoyed your fries !

Down to the last fry, I did!! And smothered in ketchup...mmmmmmm... (mouth waters)

Happy day to you :smitten:

Ummm, ketchup !!!:)

Happy two months off, you are doing quite well . Congrats !

Sky, Happy birthday!! Glad you are enjoying your day!

Drew, this is great news! Looks like that wave of yours is on the way out  :thumbsup:

Peace, I could have written your post myself. Just today I was struggling with the same thoughts of having to be careful the rest of my life. Anyone else feel this way? I just hate the thought of having to eat perfectly and worry about antibiotics, meds, surgery whatever it is the rest of my life. I already feel now that if my diet isn't perfect and I'm not exercising everyday, I get depressed and I feel worse. I'm in a mind slump myself today (hormone related) so sorry I can't be much help. Love ya, jenny

I love you too, Jenny. I know how hard you're working to get through this crapstorm! I don't think we'll always have to be quite this diligent but probably more diligent than before. Maybe that's ok. But we're tired out! We need a break. They tell me it's coming. 

Because I am a pissed off curious cat, I ordered the 23andme genetic testing kit. It's kind of ridiculous and don't think it will help with this benzo recovery, but I wonder if it might be enlightening in the bigger picture.

Here's to another day in the books. Happy new year to me... I'm official.

Peace, I hope you are feeling better today. I was reading the success stories last night and Tink22 wrote a great one. She addresses the worries you have about having to live forever with hypervigilence and caution. She says that she was completely well at 18 months and has no lingering fears or need to be extra careful.

.....Take care Mighty Girl ...one year is so huge...Wishing you sunbreaks today...coop

Good morning...just checking in. :) Yesterday was a great day....all the way back up to my high baseline. It felt so good! No anxiety or depression (not even in the morning!), no burning feeling throughout my torso, no head pressure or racing heart. SO nice!! It was a late night with the cross-town rival basketball game and all the excitement that comes along with that. My daughter played amazing and scored 26 points. We got a come from behind win!

Today feels like it may have slipped a bit from yesterday as I woke up a few times early with cortisol rushes, although my morning anxiety is already calming down some which is good. I wish today was Saturday as I'd love to sleep in! I'm very tired this morning. It's homecoming week which is always tiring.

I hope you all have a good day today!

Peace, congrats on one year!!

Just wanted to pop in on the new thread and say hello!  I almost never come here anymore, which is a testament to how much I've healed, but I can never leave BB completely behind until I feel I've given back for all the life saving help I got here.  I am 14 months off, and I believe I'm healed.  The only thing stopping me from writing a success story is some anxiety/catastrophic thinking, but the truth is, I had it before benzos and that's what got me into this mess to begin with.  But, physically I feel fantastic, and spiritually, I am better than I was before.  Yes, overall, (and I shudder to say this because I'd never want to go through it again, but), I AM BETTER FOR HAVING GONE THROUGH THIS!!

I thank God every day that I've made it to the other side intact.  You will too.  Every last, precious one of you.

God bless you all,

"floc"

What great news floc!  Another winner over the benzo beast.  Thank you for coming back. It means so much to us behind you.  We're you still very symptomatic before a year?  When did you know you were healing so well? 

HH-glad your baseline is back up.  You made it through.

Good morning to all

Floc, wow...it is wonderful to hear from you!...So happy for you. I will be looking for that success story. You and Life are ( I think) , the first ones to heal from our group who started out a year ago....give or take. ...So so encouraging to those of stepping into our second year. I am also at 14 months...greatly improved baseline (85-90...sometimes 95%), some bright windows...some effortless mind days, but still some waves though shorter.

....thank you so much Floc for posting ...congratulations. Get back to us when you can

and let us know how life is....coop

Cooperten:

Good to hear your baseline is so high. I am into my 13 month now and doing very well. Some minor sxs here and there but trivial really. Last authentic wave for me was perhaps 3 months ago. My worst sx, insomia, has been inproving a lot of late. Instead of popping up out of bed in the 4-5am range, it happens now at 6-7am. Sliding back slowly into my normal skin.

Wishing you the best.

laser

Nice laser...I'm encouraged by all the healing around here.

My two day effortless mind is over.  Had morning stuff and baseline anxiety much higher.  Oh well...it was so nice while it lasted.

I find it amazing how the underlying anxiety is so present and I only realize how bad/not normal it is after I have a window from it.  It's a 24 hour stressor.  From all of you ahead of me I see it will lessen and lessen. 

Hi Coop.....

I popped in today to see how everyone is doing......I read your post in the head pressure group but thought you might be here more...so just want to say I am so very happy to see you are almost healed....makes me so happy!!!

You are the trooper as you say......you are so kind with all of your support even when you felt so bad...you have helped so many people....when I first came on bb I was so scared and sick.....that is when I started to read the 6 to 12 mo. thread... I would just read and know I was not alone.....that thread got me through the darkest times.....so thank you for your honesty and openness during my darkest hours.....

I am happy to see so many of the bbs that have been struggling over the year mark reporting so many improvements......so happy for everyone....

Thanks again Coop.....your friend minnie :smitten: :smitten:

Nice laser...I'm encouraged by all the healing around here.

My two day effortless mind is over.  Had morning stuff and baseline anxiety much higher.  Oh well...it was so nice while it lasted.

I find it amazing how the underlying anxiety is so present and I only realize how bad/not normal it is after I have a window from it.  It's a 24 hour stressor.  From all of you ahead of me I see it will lessen and lessen.

Drew, it really is mind boggling just how long healing can take for some. But, as you would agree, we all do heal in our own time.  Reluctance by the overwhelming majority of the clinical community to recognize the whole benzo damage/healing paradigm is baffling. How could armies of clinicians, some of whom are actually intelligent, fail to understand?

Sky, Happy birthday!! Glad you are enjoying your day!

Drew, this is great news! Looks like that wave of yours is on the way out  :thumbsup:

Peace, I could have written your post myself. Just today I was struggling with the same thoughts of having to be careful the rest of my life. Anyone else feel this way? I just hate the thought of having to eat perfectly and worry about antibiotics, meds, surgery whatever it is the rest of my life. I already feel now that if my diet isn't perfect and I'm not exercising everyday, I get depressed and I feel worse. I'm in a mind slump myself today (hormone related) so sorry I can't be much help. Love ya, jenny

Jenny you are exercising ? How is that going ? When did you start ? I still don't dare.

FLoc, how great to hear you are healed !! THanks for taking the time to post here!

Hi sky :) I've been working out since I jumped, so almost 16 months now. When I first started I could only do 5 minutes because my POTS was so bad and I would get so dizzy from standing. I do 30 minutes every morning of intense strength/cardio/weights and then I also walk for an hour about 4 times a week. Working out is probably the only thing throughout this year that consistently makes me feel better after I do it. Are you able to walk at all? I thought you did bike riding? Jenny  :smitten:

Hi Minnie....I just read your success story last night . I am so happy for you ...Alot of healing in this group lately!. Helps us so much to hear from our buddies who have traveled with us.

. ..You have no idea how much it means to us to hear of success. As you know , we are so sure as the months stretch on that we are not going to heal. ...

....I am getting much better at month 14, but it has only been in the last 4 weeks or so. Most of my head pressure and headaches is so much less, but it still pops up ( not nearly as bad as in months 6-11). ...I have new body pain, like a Mac truck ran over my back. Completely different than my RA pain..much more in the muscles ..especially back, shoulders, neck and upper arms. It comes and goes so I know it's w/d.

.....You helped me so much when my head pressure came out of the blue at month 6. I remember the week it descended on me I was scared out of my mind and you stayed on the thread with me through that night and several times throughout the following weeks. You saved me a trip to er. I think it was the scariest sx of this whole misery. I still feel somewhat traumatized by months 6- 11. I am just now really feeling the healing even underneath sx during wavy days. You have no idea what your reassurance did for me.

...I hope you are enjoying every single moment of your returned life. ...love to you Minnie.  .coop

Laser...it is wonderful to hear from you. I remember you so well from the first 6 months I was on the boards. I am so so happy to hear that you are well ...you had a tough tough time. Do you hear from Florida Guy?. 

.....There is nothing as reassuring as hearing of the success of those who we started out with. In fact, yours and Floc's and Minnie's posts have tears of happiness and encouragement dripping down my face.  I can not thank you enough for coming on to our thread and sharing your wellness with us. There is a lot of healing going on here just in the last couple of months, but also heartbreaking discouragement as windows fade and sx surface again. We are battle fatigued and stories like yours and Laser and Minnie are like long drinks of water in the bad lands.  Sorry.  Getting a little emotional. Lol...we just really needed to hear those stories. 

.....Hope you are living to the hilt and doing every single thing that you couldn't do in recovery.  Love love to you ....coop

Coop, you are a sweet spirit.  I'll never forget your encouragement all along the way...at times when you were suffering terribly yourself.  I'm rooting for you all the way!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Gr...]
    • [Ba...]
    • [...]
    • [Le...]
    • [El...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ta...]
    • [ro...]
    • [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [mc...]