Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

2200....I am at 14 months+one week and my swaying dizziness just started letting up maybe in the last 2 weeks and even at that I have had fleeting moments of it. It was with me from tolerance all the way through. Anxiety and panic intensified it 100x. ...I usually wasn't spinning dizzy..more swaying with a sense of internal motion after I stopped moving. I think a lot of us have had it on and off throughout the later months. I bought these acupressure bands at the pharmacy.  little bands with an inverted raised button that rests on the inside of your wrist at a certain point on your wrist. I think they were somewhat helpful. I also used a homemade strong ginger tea. On unbearable days I caved and used half doses of drammamine ( the Bonnie brand was the most effective...I really hardly notice now..it got me worse when I had d/r or cog fog.. ...hope you feel better...We all hate that feeling....coop

Hi Everyone,

I am doing quite a bit better, though not back to my high baseline yet. My anxiety has calmed down and I seem to be dealing with my physical symptoms, which can really scare me if I let it. I think it was good to take a break as I was getting rather obsessive about checking BB and focusing on my symptoms.

I got my blood work results back and everything she tested came back normal: vitamin levels, thyroid, hormones. I wore the halter monitor yesterday and got it off this morning, so now I wait to hear what the results of that is. The tech downloaded it while I was there and looked some things over and there wasn't anything glaringly wrong. He made a comment about whether I have had my thyroid checked, but I just did. It showed 1 or 2 skipped beats, which freaked me out until I looked it up and realized that one can have hundreds or even thousands per day and still be normal. My health anxiety just feels like it has a hair-trigger still, so the whole test freaked me out. I'll be glad to get the results so I can move on from it.

I'm in that state of shock place regarding how long this can take to heal from again. It sometimes makes me question my health and my sanity....but my health is checking out fine and my sanity will too. It's just exhausting, as you all know.

Lots of love to you all,

HH :)

Healing, sorry you are in such anguish but at least you got your health results done.

I realize that when you are this far out, things get so much harder. I understand that all too well.

I could have had a charming evening with my family  but there was some nice DR to keep me out of synch. Luckily I was able to shake myself out of it at some point, which is a good sign. Then I took what has become my habitual nap  while watching TV after dinner ! 

Healing, hang in there, questioning your sanity does come with the territory and is so understandable this far out.

I am going to bed,  have a nice evening everybody. :smitten:

Hello to all my 12 to 18 months fellow sufferers.

I NEED YOUR HELP & ADVICE:

I don't post but once a month to update all of you about my side effects, but I do follow all your wonderful posts at least weekly. 

I'm in my 14th month and I'm wondering why I'm not feeling better.  Had a couple of partial windows in December but January has been pure hell.  Most of you seem to be doing the same thing, suffering and suffering.  Most of you are taking something for pain. I take Advil, two at a time, every 3 hours when the pain is bad. Last night I took 8 advil, I worry that this is way too much. It does help and I get through the night.

I was doing some research about withdrawal and read that LYRICA may reduce severity of pain.  It's made to treat fibromyalgia.  HAVE ANY OF YOU TRIED IT TO RELIEVE SOME OF YOUR SYMPTOMS.

Before I ask my doctor for a scrip, I want to be sure it won't interupt my withdrawal process.

This might be the miracle drug that will help us live a semi normal life.

Korbe

Korbe--sorry you're still suffering.  So am I.  It's clear to me though, that time is the cure for us, not a new drug.  You couldn't pay me to take Lyrica or anything else.  I avoid taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen too.  :-[

Korbe..I am at 14 months +one week and have tough body paintoo. Mine came out of the blue in month 12/13. Our buddy Green who is just a little ahead of us also got hit with body pain in the late months too. I think it is a common sx of w/d. ...Believe me I know how miserable it is.

...I have used both abuprofen and aspirin ..both are NSAIDS. I had side effects from both and switched to 200 mg of tylenol..once in the morning and once at bedtime. The low dose tylenol did take the edge off but I don't take it every day.

.....Please be careful with the ibuprofen. It is metabolized in the liver and can cause permanent liver damage. 8 tablets is alot. ...I am not trying to tell you not to...I know how miserable the pain is. ...and research the hell out of Lyrica. I have RA and know a few RA pts who take Lyrica....they complain of dizziness, nausea, insomnia and depression...

..Hot packs and hot lavender Epsome salts bath soaks will help teporarily. Use 2 cups of lavender Epsome salts ( I use Dr. Teals) to a steaming bath...soak for at least 20 minutes.

Also hot packs to the back of your neck  will relieve some of the neck/shoulder/ back pain. ...

......Beulah suffered from this terribly last year....she couldn't walk....it got better for her. I think there are several of us in the last few months of year one or early months of year 2 who are suffering from this and gradually getting better.

.......I hope you feel better Korbe...this is a tough one. ....coop

HH and Drew...I am just so happy for both of you!...Getting good tests back goes so so far in reassuring us about health fears. ...Drew , my heart rate jumps up to 90 just going in for a regular appointment...I have also had a benign pvc pattern that comes and goes that is perfectly normal...it is called an abnormal normal rhythm. I can feel them sometimes but I am so accustomed to them that I dont notice them .

.....Research the stating thing before you agree to it. If your cholesterol is only slightly elevated nutritional changes can help. 10 years ago the norm standard was 220...now they want it below 200. My doctor measures it 3 times in 6 months and uses the average of those readings as your reading is only a snapshot of whatbyour cholesterol is at the time they take it. ....You sound so healthy Drew...I would have a hard time with a CT too...if your heart rate came down to 75 after you got home that is just great...So happy for you that it is over and all is well.

....HH...so happy for you too....hope you are feeling more at ease. Health fears as you know, plague me too...it's one of the worst sx. The smallest physical sx will put me in a spin if I am wavy. You have suffered alot with them too...you were brave to go in for your check up. I have been putting off my yearly check up ...can I borrow some of your bravery?

.....such great news for both of you...congratulations. ...coop

Went out to celebrate my husband's birthday with a couple of dear friends who are in the know about my situation and have seen us through this whole journey. Despite the yuck on me, I had a good time.

It's been a long time since I could say that.  :thumbsup:

Not sure what tomorrow will bring, but tonight was a nice taste of what's possible.

Hope we all sleep the good sleep.

Peace2

Nova...18 hours...that has been similar to my pattern lately too. A day or close to 2 days of feeling as normal as I have felt for the past 2 years ....and then it closes and messes with my mind...and my plans for re-entry. ...Why can't I understand the very simple concept of non- linear. It knocks me over every time I go from normal to back to acute...in spite of the fact that I have been drug around the dance floor with benzo about a gazillion times...

.....Have had a couple of really good days. Taking my daughter to see The Wizard of Oz tomorrow. It is in the theater here for 2 days. I love the movie and so does my daughter so I am crossing my fingers and praying to all the gods I know...and all the gods I don't know that it will hold for another day...according to my current pattern that is stretching it a bit. ...

....Nova, are you getting hit with intense body pain? ...It seems that there are several of us in the early months of year 2 who are really getting slammed with it...just wondering as you are so close to my jump timeline.

....Hope you are getting rest, feeling the bounce and going for your walks....coop

Nova...18 hours...that has been similar to my pattern lately too. A day or close to 2 days of feeling as normal as I have felt for the past 2 years ....and then it closes and messes with my mind...and my plans for re-entry. ...Why can't I understand the very simple concept of non- linear. It knocks me over every time I go from normal to back to acute...in spite of the fact that I have been drug around the dance floor with benzo about a gazillion times...

.....Have had a couple of really good days. Taking my daughter to see The Wizard of Oz tomorrow. It is in the theater here for 2 days. I love the movie and so does my daughter so I am crossing my fingers and praying to all the gods I know...and all the gods I don't know that it will hold for another day...according to my current pattern that is stretching it a bit. ...

....Nova, are you getting hit with intense body pain? ...It seems that there are several of us in the early months of year 2 who are really getting slammed with it...just wondering as you are so close to my jump timeline.

....Hope you are getting rest, feeling the bounce and going for your walks....coop

Mrs, sorry to hear that you had a momentary panic the other night. Yes, I still get them briefly too....always catches me off gaurd. I have had a few episodes of pounding heart, cortisol surge and anxiety/panic. I have to try really hard to distract and calm so it doesn't go completely off the rails.

.....Your post a few pages back where you summarized what your early months were like and how better this year is for you helped me so much. I had just pm'd Green about the same thing....how I am still having bad days , but when I look back to this time last year it is so so much better.

..Keep your positive going Mrs....you keep us encourged. ...coop

Jenny....I am so glad to hear you feeling better. We all seem to be doing better than we were last week...hoping it holds for all of us. I am so grateful to have friends to travel this rocky road with....Wishing everyone wide open windows tomorrow.  coop

Sky....I admire you so much for traveling, having a long holiday with relatives and taking care of your mother. I couldn't have done half that this Christmas....It seems that you are doing better now too. ...this looks like a good week coming our way....Glad to hear that your typing is getting easier. I also am having less weirdness with reading.

...We are healing Sky. ..I can't wait to see how we are all doing at month 18......Sleep well Sky ...Wishing you a bright window tomorrow....coop

Hi all...much better day.  Had a headache but I can deal with that. Had my parents arrive for five days. Drove 45 minutes into the city and had a bday dinner for my dad.  Peace-maybe you're husband is my dad? :laugh:    Did fine most of the dinner.  Got anxious for twenty minutes but otherwise fine.  Now that I know my heart is fine I am back to being able to handle all the symptoms right now.  All in all a success and I needed a good day.

Goodnight and happy healing thoughts to all.  :smitten:

Korbe..I am at 14 months +one week and have tough body paintoo. Mine came out of the blue in month 12/13. Our buddy Green who is just a little ahead of us also got hit with body pain in the late months too. I think it is a common sx of w/d. ...Believe me I know how miserable it is.

...I have used both abuprofen and aspirin ..both are NSAIDS. I had side effects from both and switched to 200 mg of tylenol..once in the morning and once at bedtime. The low dose tylenol did take the edge off but I don't take it every day.

.....Please be careful with the ibuprofen. It is metabolized in the liver and can cause permanent liver damage. 8 tablets is alot. ...I am not trying to tell you not to...I know how miserable the pain is. ...and research the hell out of Lyrica. I have RA and know a few RA pts who take Lyrica....they complain of dizziness, nausea, insomnia and depression...

..Hot packs and hot lavender Epsome salts bath soaks will help teporarily. Use 2 cups of lavender Epsome salts ( I use Dr. Teals) to a steaming bath...soak for at least 20 minutes.

Also hot packs to the back of your neck  will relieve some of the neck/shoulder/ back pain. ...

......Beulah suffered from this terribly last year....she couldn't walk....it got better for her. I think there are several of us in the last few months of year one or early months of year 2 who are suffering from this and gradually getting better.

.......I hope you feel better Korbe...this is a tough one. ....coop

Korbe,

I'm with FJ and Coop, don't take anything, just deal with it.  It will pass like every other symptom.  Hot showers, gentle stretching, drink water, and I walk.

FWIW, ibuprofen is metabolized through the kidneys and Tylenol through the liver.  This was emphasized to me when I had so much opioid withdrawal pain that a doc told me I could take max doses of both at the same time since they were metabolized differently. 

Good Morning ...

Been hiding out in my foxhole the last couple of days ... I am grumpy and pissed off ... which in my twisted corner of the universe I take as a good sign ... I am feeling something normal ...

I have been moving around in a moody place ... visiting moody rooms ... watched one of my wife's renovation shows ... and I thought, yep, that's what I need ... a big saw, a sledge hammer, a pry bar ... and then just let it rip and tear down something ... then I smile, make some tea and go sit back down in my foxhole ...

These are my exhausted feelings talking ... okay for me to give them voice, but no action please ...

And it does not feel like trying to keep the lid on a pressure cooker ... rather, just making sure, being aware, that I remain connected during this process ...

For me, as for many others, these are trying, difficult days ... this far out ... and I have to be aware of stumbling and doing something that that would take my focus away from what I am successfully doing ...

This is, again, chop wood, carry water time ... with a little hooting and hollering thrown in for added seasoning ...

I am okay, as are all of you, and if I catch the demon who keeps jiggling my tightrope I may "renovate" him ...  :boxer:

Have a good Sunday, Folks ...

:smitten:

Coop ... I am fortunate not to be experiencing pain ... as I hear many others do ... I have "aches and pains" from time to time, mostly from my benzo belly stuff and the stress that shows up in my neck ... if the arnica cream does not help I sometimes use an ibuprofen ...

So, I cannot speak to the pain experience ... I do not even get headaches ... haven't for years ...

Good Morning ...

Been hiding out in my foxhole the last couple of days ... I am grumpy and pissed off ... which in my twisted corner of the universe I take as a good sign ... I am feeling something normal ...

I have been moving around in a moody place ... visiting moody rooms ... watched one of my wife's renovation shows ... and I thought, yep, that's what I need ... a big saw, a sledge hammer, a pry bar ... and then just let it rip and tear down something ... then I smile, make some tea and go sit back down in my foxhole ...

These are my exhausted feelings talking ... okay for me to give them voice, but no action please ...

And it does not feel like trying to keep the lid on a pressure cooker ... rather, just making sure, being aware, that I remain connected during this process ...

For me, as for many others, these are trying, difficult days ... this far out ... and I have to be aware of stumbling and doing something that that would take my focus away from what I am successfully doing ...

This is, again, chop wood, carry water time ... with a little hooting and hollering thrown in for added seasoning ...

I am okay, as are all of you, and if I catch the demon who keeps jiggling my tightrope I may "renovate" him ...  :boxer:

Have a good Sunday, Folks ...

Thinking of you, in your foxhole, feeling grumpy and pissed off ! If you are pissed off, what is the world coming to ? ;)

It may be a good sign, as you say.

Take care Michael and have a boring  ;) Sunday.

Sky ... you gave me a chuckle ...

Even in all this turmoil, I hear you, and myself, and the others gradually coming to the surface ... we are getting better ...

Hope you are having a good day ...

Sky ... you gave me a chuckle ...

Even in all this turmoil, I hear you, and myself, and the others gradually coming to the surface ... we are getting better ...

Hope you are having a good day ...

Despite all the best efforts of the demons to convince us otherwise, yes, we are getting better. 

We are climbing a mountain and each traverse and turn looks no different than the last. And there are sooooo many traverses back and forth, back and forth.  It often feels as if we are going absolutely nowhere.  But occasionally we get to see through the trees and can see we really are not where we started.  And one day, and this day will come, when we look out, we will see that we actually have made it to the top of the mountain...

WWWI

I needed to hear that today WW! I'll be printing it out and putting it where I can see it often. Thank you. I've seemed to have fallen into a place of lost hope of getting better. I see it for others, just not for me. The only people ahead of me are in the protracted board, and that is a scary, scary place. I'm trying to reframe my thinking, but it's been a struggle.

FJ, I appreciated what you said to me the other day. Thank you for those excellent points. I haven't let my husband know much of how I'm feeling, and that day in the car he didn't know I was even panicking. But that's not healthy for us either. Anyway, you have me lots to think about, thank you.  :smitten:

Despite all the best efforts of the demons to convince us otherwise, yes, we are getting better. 

We are climbing a mountain and each traverse and turn looks no different than the last. And there are sooooo many traverses back and forth, back and forth.  It often feels as if we are going absolutely nowhere.  But occasionally we get to see through the trees and can see we really are not where we started.  And one day, and this day will come, when we look out, we will see that we actually have made it to the top of the mountain...

WWWI

Yes. This. A thousand times, yes!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Bl...]
    • [In...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [je...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [Kr...]
    • [kn...]
    • [SB...]