Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

HH...I think you will feel so much better after a complete check up. It will go a long ways in reassuring you about those awful health fears ( They have been my biggest torture) 

I just went through some of the success stories and it seems to bear out that healing takes 2 years. There were a couple of stories that report that they turned a corner well into the second year practically over night.

....I so well know the feeling and fear of being sure that I am really dying ...and I am never going to be over this. ..I am wishing you well HH....coop

I think I'm finally ready to actually go down this path. The thought of it doesn't flood me with fear like it used to. Another sign of healing, I suppose! :)

I'm still here :) Just lurking :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Aren't you supposed to be out socializing tonight??  :)

I'm out :) I'm just sneaking in here on my phone from time to time ;)

I'm okay...not working til Monday so just passing the time watching football.  I went for my two mile walk in th am and I get some anxiety during that. I have been having more anxiety outside the house this week and some shortness of breath lately.  All in all just surviving the feeling of being unwell.  No major panics or anxiety if I'm relaxing at home though. My main goal is to leave the house a few times a day no matter what.  I went to lunch myself today just to remind I can do it and not die :D Thx for asking.  :)

Off to read a success story. Lol

I completely understand as I'm sure everyone else relates.  Even if we're not symptomatic we often just fell "unwell"

Exactly! This is me...

Hi buddies,

I need to share some good news as I'm just bubbling with excitement. My husband and I went on a walk after dinner and as I was walking my lungs opened up and I could get a good deep breath of air!!! I have not been able to get a good deep breath of air since my toletence days so I would say its been 3 years. I'm just sitting here breathing and smiling. I don't know if I'm in some sort of window or how long its going to last so I just going to enjoy it. I can also swallow properly right now too.. I am so happy right now, I'm in shock, amazed. I can breathe!!!!  :D

Hi buddies,

I need to share some good news as I'm just bubbling with excitement. My husband and I went on a walk after dinner and as I was walking my lungs opened up and I could get a good deep breath of air!!! I have not been able to get a good deep breath of air since my toletence days so I would say its been 3 years. I'm just sitting here breathing and smiling. I don't know if I'm in some sort of window or how long its going to last so I just going to enjoy it. I can also swallow properly right now too.. I am so happy right now, I'm in shock, amazed. I can breathe!!!!  :D

This is awesome news!!  :thumbsup::highfive::yippee:

Hi buddies,

Jenny, this is huge !!

Enjoy and thanks so much for sharing !!! :smitten:

Coop ... been "riding" all day ... and just letting whatever is there just be there ... it has been a long time for me since last August ... and the time has been well spent ... I am learning so much ... and we all are wonderful teachers for each other ...

Going into this process a seemingly long time ago I had the expectation that healing would take 18 months ... not sure now where I got that from, probably Ashton ... and being around BB the consensus does seem to be perhaps a little longer ... it is what it is ...

So much is behind us ... and there is so much to look forward to ...

:smitten:

Michael, I feel the same way, we're learning so much, we have the best " teachers" in the world. :smitten:

I am posting so much less than before, and that is saying something, ordinarliy I do not post a lot !!! I am busier, I am at my mom's, I will try staying as long as I can to help out a little. So I am trying to do all these things, cleaning, walking dogs, fixing things, all things that are totally beyond me but I am trying to do something at least.

Result, I'm on the forum even less, and catching up is hard and you guys are doing so many things !! Another thing that is happening, I am skipping my naps, so at 10 pm I am ready to crash, my brain stops functioning at 2 pm, and at 12 pm I am awake, how crazy is that ? But I will not be keeping this schedule long, so it's ok.

I have many le ssons today, so I will probably catch up tomorrow. HAng in there, I am seeing so much progress in your stories, we don't realize how much we are actually improving !

HH & gang,

Check out "LynnR" posting history ;)  She had it hard, very tough, for a good year and a half before things started to drop away.  Below is her most recent post in December :)

Healing is happening, even when we don't feel like it is :) 

Hang in there, gang.  I'm hanging tough today -- will you all "hang tough" with me?  I could use some company over here :mybuddy:

Love to you all, and many thanks for being here with me today :)

Hi everyone this is Lynn

I like to come

Back to this board from

Time to time to let people know that you will heal and overcome this .

What most of you are going thru is a horrible bunch of withdrawal

Symptoms that have completely turned your life upside down .

I went thru it really bad for a year and a half after coming off benzos for which I was only on for 4 months . I've never in my life been thru anything so scary and intense . I had so many crazy symptoms that virtually left me impaired most of the time .

I never thought I would get my life back . Each day was full of scary dizzines , brain fog ,

Heart palpitations , weird pressure sensations , shortness of breathe ... Feeling like my blood pressure was dropping a bazillion points ... The symptoms went on and on... Man the whole Christmas of 2012 I spent checking my blood pressure constantly bc I was so scared of what was happening . I didn't possibly believe fully that benzo withdrawal could cause such extreme diaster. But it did and you know what .

Here I am 2 years later and I am  almost 100 percent again .

I just want you all to know that I know how rough this battle is and I know that this fight can really get to you . But I also want you to know that healing does happen and you will heal and you will get thru this and you will be whole again .

I promise .

Stay strong and feel free to contact me if I can be of any support

This board kept me going thru some of my

Darkest hours

Hang in there y'all .

Much love .

Mrs, thanks for always posting such great posts. You really do have a happiness vault !!  :hug: :hug: :oXo:

Hi buddies,

Jenny, I am so happy to hear about that good deep breath.  That's something that came back for me a while back.

I was catching up on the posts last night and I'm again stunned by everybody's symptoms into the second year, my own included.  I've been so focused on trying to live as close to normal as I can, and that seems to take an unbelievable amount of energy and focus, so that I need to put the horse blinders on and keep looking straight ahead, so I've been here less than I would like.  Still reading and checking on everyone. :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks everyone!

I still can't believe it, I've not had any sign of healing or improvement in this area and I had pretty much given up hope that it would ever improve. I woke up today a little scared that it would be back to my normal not being able to breathe, but I'm happy to report I can still get a deep breath. I know it may not last, so I'm just enjoying it. This should all give us hope, that literally over night our sx  can leave or change. Love, jenny  :smitten:

Jenny.....wow!...HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!.  I am doing a happy dance for you...you so deserve this.  To me it seems like a very sure sign of long awaited improvement...This is our year..  so excited to see how everyone travels this next 6 months of healing. I am on my way to see The Hobbit with my wonderful young grandson.  Feel g like I can handle it...not exactly an effortless mind day...more like a very functional day in spite of mild swaying/ leaning sensation and very mild chemical anxiety. . Last year this would have counted as a banner day of healing..  So happy for you Jenny... coop

Hi everyone,

Today I slept in until 8:00 and woke up with no anxiety, so I thought I turned a corner, but within 2 hours I started thinking about my waves, if I were really out of this one, our plans for the day, ect, and I could feel my anxiety start with butterflies and increase from there. No true panic attack, just elevated heart rate, tight chest, light headedness, shaking. I've been wavy ever since. Ugh!! I've GOT to control my thoughts. After a wave, I often will "test" it to see if it's still there, or will flare up, sort of like pressing on a bruise to see if it's still sore.  :crazy:

I do have some anxiety about today as we are traveling 2 1/2 hours for a basketball game. However, I am NOT going to miss it due to my fear.  I just hope these feelings calm down. I feel like I lost some of my "just do it" ability on this last trip. I need to prove to myself that I can still push through when needed. These are only FEELINGS....they won't hurt me. (Right??)

Drawing strength from you all,

HH

Hi HH- you are just having a rough month, and I guarantee your baseline is gonna shoot up after this wave is over. I have heard so much healing from your posts over the last year, so there is no need for you to doubt any healing. I also think once school starts back up it will be good for you to get back into your normal routine, I see this in myself too. Your gonna get through this, you are stronger than you think. Big hugs, jenny  :smitten:

Jenny.....wow!...HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!.  I am doing a happy dance for you...you so deserve this.  To me it seems like a very sure sign of long awaited improvement...This is our year..  so excited to see how everyone travels this next 6 months of healing. I am on my way to see The Hobbit with my wonderful young grandson.  Feel g like I can handle it...not exactly an effortless mind day...more like a very functional day in spite of mild swaying/ leaning sensation and very mild chemical anxiety. . Last year this would have counted as a banner day of healing..  So happy for you Jenny... coop

Thanks Coop! Love ya  :smitten:

Holy panic attack, Batman. This physical anxiety is horrible.

I'm still in the car, probably 45 mins to go, and I am quietly sitting in the front seat feeling like I'm dying.

My heart beat is all over the place, I'm pretty sure it's skipping beats, my abdomen is tightly clenched, I'm shaking, my hands are sweating.

I hate this.

HH ... if you can soften your gaze ... if you can just breathe slowly ... you are not dying ... it is panic ... cannot harm you ... if you can don't count time ... just float with it ... it will release ...

HH ... if you can make a gentle sound on the out breath ... a little hum ... or ommmm ... distract into your breathing ... gently ...

HH ... you are doing fine ... if you can stay with your breathing ... let it soothe you ... the thoughts will float away ... you don't need them ... let them just be there ... they will pass ... your breathing is your lullaby ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Li...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [An...]
    • [je...]
    • [...]
    • [Po...]
    • [bi...]
    • [mc...]
    • [...]
    • [Oc...]
    • [jo...]