Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I'm so sorry Nova! I'm right there with you....and it really does suck.

This has GOT to end at some point.  :tickedoff: :'(

Hang in there, this will pass. They always do. Praying for you!

Hi Folks ...

2014 is going out with a bang for me ... been in a storm since 1 AM ... I am finding this really hard right now ... sitting here wondering how I got through this for days and days back in acute ... and I am having this much difficulty hanging on for a few hours ...

Some distraction ... some tea ... trying not to get going too fast ... my gastro stuff has come back and I am having revving anxiety ... and the dp/dr stuff feels like it is coming on ...

Haven't slept well for a couple of days and I feel exhausted ...

This really sucks ...

Nova,

I'm so sorry.  We get this far out, and we're just too tired to get hit so hard.  I'm sorry.  Hoping it doesn't last too long.  Happy New Year. :smitten:

Thanks folks ... feels like being in a mad whirlpool and getting thrashed about ...

Oh well ... been through a hell of a lot worse ... and walked away ... just kind of sad tonight this is still going on this rough ...

HH ... sorry to hear you are still in this ... hopefully we will get some rest soon ...

Nova, I'm so sorry! This is such a very long and bumpy ride! You will get through, as you said! Just keep posting, we are here!

Hoping it passes very quickly!

:smitten:

Nova,

Thinking of you with equal parts empathy and frustration. Each of us will walk away from this and it just won't be soon enough! Stay in touch. Make the tea, pour the tea, drink the tea.

We are here. All for one, and one for all. These words have never been truer.

Peace2

I'm with Jenny, lots of great posts tonight. 

2014.  I will never forget this year, the depth of the suffering, the amazing people on this thread, you guys carried me, I can't imagine what would have happened to me without your support. 

Plenty of symptoms, plenty of healing left for 2015.  By this time next year we should all be mostly healed.  Everybody gets better.

Happy New Year, everyone! :smitten:

Nova, you're just into month 14, sounds like that 14-15 month wave to me ;) Its blechy, but its gonna pass. And you're gonna heal :) 100%. Period. :)

Happy New Year, Buddy :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Made myself some lemon and ginger tea, thinking of all my buddies, how we've been in touch this year, supporting one another! Thank you!

Nova, let us know how you feel after you eat a bit!

Yep. This thing stinks, but would be just about deadly without the love, support and friendship found here on this thread. Thank you Coop and Green for starting our threads and giving us a place to weather our recoveries.

Peace2

Hi Folks ... guess I needed something to eat ... funny how I lose track of what I am doing during these storms ... haven't eaten since this morning ...

And yes ... the support of this thread is crucial ... would not be here without you guys over these past months ... I cannot fathom how I managed to do this alone until last April when I started meeting all of you ...

We are a blessing for each other ...

Things are still storming around ... and the volume seems to have lowered a notch or two ...

Thinking of how big of a blessing you all are and getting tears in my eyes.  :smitten: This group of ours has helped me more than I could ever express.

All for one, one for all. No one gets left behind.

Love you all!

Happy 2015. This will be THE year!

Thinking of how big of a blessing you all are and getting tears in my eyes.  :smitten: This group of ours has helped me more than I could ever express.

All for one, one for all. No one gets left behind.

Love you all!

Happy 2015. This will be THE year!

Yes. This.

I'm on board.

Thanks for the support tonight ... I am beat ... going to shut down and see if I get some rest ... tomorrow is a new day ...

Just jumped on here and so sad to see nova is having a hard time today.....you are such a strong, brave soul Nova. I pray you get some relief tonight!  :smitten:

So i haven't been able to gauge how I feel lately, I always have this level of crappy going on so it's hard to tell. Anyhow, I woke up in the middle of the night last night to an all too familiar feeling-- its like my brain is revving, and squeezing down. So, obviously I'm in a wave ( I only get this sx  when I'm in a wave). The good news is that is was nothing as bad as it used to be. Still feeling a little out of it today, lots of intrusive thoughts and body scanning. I just want this to end, for all of us! I'm so thankful and blessed to have you all here with me.  :smitten:

Peace-- yes, the driving freaks me out too-- I'm very jumpy and my reflexes are slow. Sometimes I will stare off and have to refocus..

Hanging in, hanging on. My symptoms are routinely worse in the evening and I think it's a sleep thing. I've got to heed the call when it comes. I usually try to push it. So, here I sit in my bed feeling scared and sorry for myself on New Years Eve. But here's what I've got - two adorable sons who I FEEL adoration for, a steadfast husband who makes me laugh (because I can do that again, too), almost a whole year of healing under my belt, and you- I got my bb friends. I've got a lot and a new year that can only bring more great things my way.

Bring it, 2015!!!!

Peace2

Good Morning ... and ... Happy New Year everyone ...

Got some good sleep ... now for the hang over from the "party" yesterday ...  :crazy:

Where I started to lose my footing yesterday was when I forgot that this isn't all about me ... I experience, for me, the difficult aspects of this process mostly in my body ... mentally, I am usually very grounded, and most of the time do not have a sense of "losing it" ...

I have learned so much from all of you ... you affirm for me that I am fundamentally okay ... and with my practices that is usually sufficient to see me and my body through these storms ...

Where I experience my "disconnect" is when I start circling the drain with my "helplessness" memories ...

So ... for me ... remember to eat ... sleep when I need to ... and if I can't sleep, then rest ... and distract ... and give this marvelous body of mine the support it needs to do its job ...

I am back on terra firma this morning ... "feeling" lousy ... and "knowing" I am getting a whole lot better ...

"We are all healing" and "nobody gets left behind" really do mean something ...

Have a good Thursday, Folks ... and bless you all for your encouragement and love ...

Michael ...

Peace ... I still experience the woollies when I get in a car sometimes ... that's why I use my feet and stick to the bus ... and I even chose my bus routes carefully ...

:)

Jenny ... yep ... I too feel crappy most of the time ... haven't had a good long break since August ...

We all need a good long January window ...

I'm signing up for the premium No Wave option in 2015...who's with me?  ;D

Okay, okay,...how much does it cost? :P::):laugh:

Really, though.  I am looking forward to 2015! I am grateful for this past year, and VERY grateful that it is now the PAST!  For if the only way out is through, then I went through my 2014 with God's grace and help. I no longer have to re-live this past year, thank you Jesus!  Onward to a much better 2015 ~ thank you LORD!  I lift us all up in prayer today, tonight, as we close out this year ~ let us all leave the past in the past; we now shake the dust from 2014 off our feet.  We now put on a new pair of shoes, ones that are prepared for our journey of 2015!  May this be the best year ever ~ I declare that everyone on this thread be 100% by no later than the close of 2015, and that each and every one of us comes back to write our success story for all to derive hope from :)  Amen, thank you Lord!

Beulah, you hit the nail on the head :thumbsup: 

Happy New Year buddies :) 

Thanks Mrs !

Good morning!

Nova, glad to hear you've got a bit better footing!  ;D Just amazing to look at this and think about how long it takes to heal!

I am, once again, so thankful to have all of you here! You are so great, so understanding!

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning all...

Nova-glad you feel better.

I survived nye party. Small gathering w sit down dinner.  I haven't stayed up till midnight in months.  I had the exhausted and breathless feeling most of the day so it continued on until the night.  I also got hit w the congestion/sinus thing even though I'm not sick. I did well except for feeling like I was going to drop from tiredness.  Been there before and never have.  :crazy:

All in all I would have preferred being home but I did it and didn't whine about it to my gf.

Glad 2014 is in the books. Onward my friends.

Just wanted to take a moment to wish all of you who have been So supportive during the trials and tribulations.  This can be so hard at times.  The depression and insomnia...other physical symptoms.  Not easy but with the support of one another on this board it makes it just a bit easier to work through.  I wish each and every one of you continued improvement as we come upon a New Year.  It will be tough at times as we all know but we are moving in the right direction...that is staying away from these horrible drugs and adjusting to life off meds. Also, having each other to lean on for support in the tough times. We can do it!  Best to you all!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [hu...]
    • [No...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [SB...]
    • [Na...]
    • [Re...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [El...]
    • [Le...]
    • [El...]