Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Texas, if you felt pushed in any one direction by my replies regarding prednisone I so apologize....it was not at all my intention. Prednisone was fine for me....and I truly hope that if you decide to give it a trial it will help your painful burning. Of course you have to weigh all the pros and cons, get information from reliable sources and decide what course is right for you.....and I support you no matter what you do.

.....so very sorry that you got caught in the crossfire....coop

Dear Buddies.....I am so sorry about the conflict that happened on the thread last night. More than 18 months we have been friends supporting one another ....without one vonflict....I hate it that I was part of our first and only conflict. I had very strong feelings about a graphic statement that to me, was , imo unnecessarily scary ....and I said so ...I really could not let it stand without voicing my concern ....

....We are vulnerable here and words matter and have an impact on people. ....Our thread has been unfailing in integrity and respect for one another .....I see that continuing for as long as we are here.....coop

Hi Coop ... it is a freakin' sauna outside this morning ... went to library ... I need a broomstick that can carry extra weight, that would get me there and back faster ...

My morning stuff has morphed into the strangly throat stuff and deep congestion again ... this has not been around for a while ... it should leave soon, I hope ... lousy has moved up a notch to miserable ...

Hope you have a good day ...  :smitten:

Nova....where is your rain dance....we need one here too. We have had maybe one day of rain this summer....The congestion and closed throat feeling is more than agrivating..mine continues to come and go too....Smoke still hanging in the air doesn't help.

....I am off to take coffee and treats over to my son's house...a cheap bribe to see my grandsons and give them some new school supplies....

.......Have the best day possible Nova....see you later on the thread....coop

Not much to report here. Took forever to get to sleep last night. Luckily I got somewhere between 3 – 4 hours though. So better than nothing. I don't feel too terrible today though. Slightly tired, but nothing I can't handle. We got hammered with a week+ of rain here in Atlanta. Too bad I can't mail ya some!

Hi Siggy ... not having much to report sounds like a good day ...

All that rain must make it kind of humid there in Atlanta ... or maybe it is usually like that ... I don't know ...

Have a good day ...  :thumbsup:

Hi Siggy ... not having much to report sounds like a good day ...

All that rain must make it kind of humid there in Atlanta ... or maybe it is usually like that ... I don't know ...

Have a good day ...  :thumbsup:

Yes it rains a lot here. So typically really humid.

Thanks, hope you have a good day too!

Dear Buddies.....I am so sorry about the conflict that happened on the thread last night. More than 18 months we have been friends supporting one another ....without one vonflict....I hate it that I was part of our first and only conflict. I had very strong feelings about a graphic statement that to me, was , imo unnecessarily scary ....and I said so ...I really could not let it stand without voicing my concern ....

....We are vulnerable here and words matter and have an impact on people. ....Our thread has been unfailing in integrity and respect for one another .....I see that continuing for as long as we are here.....coop

I hate that this has happened!! While we all have our opinions on many things...let's not forget that we have been beaten down from the withdrawal ..we are more sensitive and grouchy than the average person.

Let's not forget the path we have all walked together.  :smitten:

Hi Everyone

I'm in a weird place, sometimes feeling pretty good, usually evening, so good that if this keeps up I could write a success story, and then it flips, without warning, like today, feeling so bad, on the couch, very, very nauseous and seasick, feeling so ill, is the word, that I could despair.  I'm not, though, not despairing, just continuing low and slow.  Cog and clarity remain excellent.  some out of the blue drenching sweats, and then back to normal.  but the nausea, boaty/seasick thing is so bad I can't get on my feet for too long, forget about out.  Hopefully that settles down by evening.  that's the pattern now

So I'm in some kind of schizophrenic or night and day kind of healing mode

Hope you all have a better day. :smitten:

Hi Green, sorry to hear things have flipped for you a bit ... this seesawing back and forth is getting my goat sometimes too ...

Having a pretty ragged day after a three or so pretty good days ...

Hope things settle down for you quickly ...  :thumbsup:

Hi Green, sorry to hear things have flipped for you a bit ... this seesawing back and forth is getting my goat sometimes too ...

Having a pretty ragged day after a three or so pretty good days ...

Hope things settle down for you quickly ...  :thumbsup:

I had the feeling you were doing some seesawing.  I always get more relaxed knowing someone else has what I have >:D

I guess seesaw is better than just see or just saw?  more indicative of healing, I mean? >:D

have a good one.  my stuff usually melts away by evening. 

Hotter than H here!  I go by the weather channel not what the news says because twc gives you a "feels like" temp which is usually what the vehicle says it really is.  right now 102F with humidity of 70%.  No wonder I feel on fire!

Hi all...I took today off...really bad headache stated at 3am.  Just curious why evenings I almost always feel better if not normal.  Seems like a common occurs ce for many. 

Sweet Pea ... I hear H does not have any humidity so it may not be as nasty there as outside ...  >:D

Hope you are doing well ...

Green ... yep ... just waiting for that elephant to jump off the other end of the seesaw ... might help with the congestion ... :laugh:

Drew ... I must be contrary ... when I come off some good hours or days seems any new stuff starts ramping up in the evenings ... and many folks do say they always feel better towards evening ...

Hope the headache passes soon ...  :thumbsup:

Hey everyone.....Thank you for your suggestions....and thoughts....you guys are so sweet and supportive..

As for the steriods...I got script filled....and I'm going to think about my options....taking them will only help doctor figure out if it sjogrens or something else....he said its hard to pinpoint cause...and we all know if it's benzo causing burning mouth it will not help..

But even if it helps for a week ....then what....who knows.....

So I feel it's  a no win situation....

Could be related to hysterectomy....

Even stress...from benzo withdrawal.....

Ampitypline .....helps...another....option....might calm down some...that was a choice I could try instead of something stronger...

Sorry....to throw out my problems....but it's nice to know...how others re acted...to make my decision...my problem is I'm sensitive to meds...seems so much worse since jumping....so very nervous...when it's not a emergency case.....I've learned to question all meds after clonazepam ...

Hugs!TM

TM ... I am sensitive to meds also ... sometimes it is really hard to figure out what to do ... hope this gets better for you ...  :thumbsup:

Hi all...I took today off...really bad headache stated at 3am.  Just curious why evenings I almost always feel better if not normal.  Seems like a common occurs ce for many. 

Same here about 5 or 6pm I start to feel better, then during wee hours of morning back to same ole same ole.  Still working on my theory.  Have several possibilities, will not post about it until I am pretty near certain what it is (which is a long way off!).

Hi Coop ... hope you had a good visit today ...

I seem to be settling down a bit after a pretty loud day ...

Hope you have a good evening ...  :smitten:

Hey Nova,.  A lot of us seem to be in that ' hard mornings/better evenings swing of things. I think it's a good nod towards healing. Glad things are quieter for you.

I had the best time with my grandsons , son and ex.  We felt like a family again and it was way positive for all of us. I had some threatening anxiety and a little head pressure on the way, but it disappeared as I was trying to do something on the X (?) Box with the 6 year old.  He begged me to "please come to school this year" ( I think I only made it to kindergarten a few times last year). .  His request ignited a fire in my resolve to be done with this..  I am determined to go back to the classrooms in October ( they don't let you volunteer before October..  a room full of kids is all they can handle....they don't need a bunch of kids just out of summer and volunteers messing up)  .

The rest of my day opened up to an Effortless Mind day....I know it will fade  but I am so grateful for this day...

...Wishing you goid rest and the best day possible tomorrow.  Also wishing you some darn rain.  ..onward....coop

Coop ... this is good to hear ... you will be able to volunteer in October ... it is written ...

Sorry ... don't need any rain here ...  >:D

Been having these mini jolts of panic all day ... oh well ...

Have a good evening ...  :thumbsup:

Coop ... this is good to hear ... you will be able to volunteer in October ... it is written ...

Sorry ... don't need any rain here ...  >:D

Been having these mini jolts of panic all day ... oh well ...

Have a good evening ...  :thumbsup:

.....Oh Nova.  Are they momentary?...I have had a few in the last couple of weeks.. .man benzo just doesn't give up.  But we are tough and determined....and smart.  And we have a band of buddies to help us through. 

.....Hope your evening is calm ....no jolts... it rattles the bones.

...getting the dog out for one last trot......yep, it is written....we all heal.......coop

Hi Everyone

I'm in a weird place, sometimes feeling pretty good, usually evening, so good that if this keeps up I could write a success story, and then it flips, without warning, like today, feeling so bad, on the couch, very, very nauseous and seasick, feeling so ill, is the word, that I could despair.  I'm not, though, not despairing, just continuing low and slow.  Cog and clarity remain excellent.  some out of the blue drenching sweats, and then back to normal.  but the nausea, boaty/seasick thing is so bad I can't get on my feet for too long, forget about out.  Hopefully that settles down by evening.  that's the pattern now

So I'm in some kind of schizophrenic or night and day kind of healing mode

Hope you all have a better day. :smitten:

.....Green....if the clarity and cog fog is consistent.  imo, you are on your way.  In month 20 I had bouts of dizziness and nausea ( I thought it was my ear condition)..  I am still waking up with nausea ..  like morning sickness at least 3/4 mornings a werk. Still getting random  outs of spacey thinking and that afternoon fatigue..  Green, mine all lightened up.....same sx as you describe now, but less frequent and not lasting as long. Yes, the sweats too...right before I go to sleep.. 

..Don't despair..  it is so great that you are having sunbreaks that are so 100% that if they lasted you could write a success story.  Oh my goodness Green.....that is the beginning of being done....don't you think ?    I think you and I are still charmed by that 22-, 23-, 24  idea of ..  if I just get that far we will be done. I think it's going to be more gradual for me, but believe me I want to wake up tomorrow and be back in Kansas.  At least we are out of the flying monkeys land....and the wicked witch is dead... now we just have to pull the curtain on the weasly little pathetic benzo beast.  We are almost there.  Glad to know that your evenings are good..

......onward my friend with the wanderlust.... it is not so far now......coop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Ja...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [An...]
    • [Li...]
    • [mo...]
    • [Es...]
    • [Bi...]
    • [fa...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [Be...]