Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I'm so happy for you, Coop.  You so deserve 100% healing.  You've been a huge voice of reassurance for me, as have all the members on this thread. 

God bless you all!

Good Morning ... this thread is getting quieter and quieter ... hmmm ...

I take that as a good sign ... hope folks are doing well ...

I seem to be locked into a doldrum cycle these last few weeks ... not feeling terrible usually ... mostly just lousy ... it is hard to keep with it each day ... I am getting better, it is just taking a while ...

Hope we all have a quiet Thursday ...  :thumbsup:

Nova, you are right, the thread is getting quieter and quieter. Must be a good thing.

How you are today ?

I have been having some very good days, I really do see some improvement.

I have been going to the beach, I was even able to swim again, but I am so weak. I have eaten some " forbidden foods " without feeling sick.

Tuesday, I went to a family reunion dinner and I managed to follow the conversation and have a good time.

There are many things that are still off, but I could not have done any of this 5 months ago, when I was last  here, so I am quite content.  :smitten:

.....Sky....we seem to be in a very similar place. ..and we are both well into month 22... just where HH started getting her life back.  Testimony to Green's, mantra of months and months ago.  "Nobody gets left behind"..  I am so happy to hear that you are also having more goid days and doing things that you enjoy ..  going to the beach, swimming , buying a new house....You have traveled long and hard Sky.  You deserve this...Wishing you all goid days.  .love to you....coop

I'm so happy for you, Coop.  You so deserve 100% healing.  You've been a huge voice of reassurance for me, as have all the members on this thread. 

God bless you all!

SOfaking......thank you for your kind words. I know you are really suffering right now and you have my heart. Month 10 is a huge accomplishment. So many people can't get past the first few months. If you can get to month 10 you will go all the way. Distraction and this group is what got me through. I honestly would have reinstated if Green had not talked me off the ledge....Come onto the thread as often as you need to....tell it like it is.  cry and rant as much as you need to.  We have all been there. Nobody cried, panicked, ranted and complained mire than me.....the original wimpy girl. That's what we are hear for. It's like Nova said....we come for support when we need it .....and come to give support when we can....and that is so true.... It is so so hard, but you are going to get to a place where you are going to get random sunbreaks and good days.  We are here for you.....

.....Wishing you sunbreaks.  coop

Great to hear you're seeing such improvement, Coop!

.....FJ....thank you for the kind words..  I am glad that you are healed now.....Wishing you continued good health.  .coop

Sky ... so good to hear you are feeling the improvements ... getting out and about really seems to add to our sense of getting better ...

I am okay today ... sort of ... nothing really too loud ... this weather is getting me done a bit ... hot and humid ... walking at 5 AM isn't all that helpful ... by 8 or so it is a bit much for me so I come inside ... this weather will break soon ...

Be Well ...  :smitten:

Coop ... glad to hear you are comfortable with the diagnosis ... and I agree, hernias are not necessarily a surgical issue anymore ... and the suffering you have gone through these past months have probably contributed to them ...

Time and attention may well heal them for you ...

Good to hear you are having some good days ... wish I could say the say ... not lousy days, just dull, background stuff that seems to be hanging on for a while ...

Hope you make it to the classroom this Fall ...  :thumbsup:

Coop, this is marvellous news and more proof that healing is happening all the time. I know everyone is different but it seems that the 2 (ish) year is generally correct. When at the beginning you could never envisage having to do ‘time’ for 2 years when completely innocent!! You are getting your life back slowly but surely and that gives me hope that I will too instead of just surviving day to day with the odd sunbreak that just evaporates every time the sun comes up again. I am so pleased to read your latest post.

Sky, ditto to you too. Wow to read you have had some better days is music to my ears. Boy do you deserve it and what courage and strength you have shown in this vile journey.  :smitten:  :hug:

My walk did help a little, just dragged myself along for half an hour and the fatigue let up a little to give way to general exhaustion. I am deeply encouraged that this too shall pass………….  :smitten:  :hug:

Hi Marj ... yes, the fatigue we often feel during this process can drag us down ... hope you get the fresh air you need and that the brain squeeze goes away for you ...

The "can't get a full breath" thingie shows up from time to time and can be a scary phenomenon ... it passes just like all the rest of this stuff ...  :thumbsup:

Thanks Nova, you of course are quite right. Just a pile of dung while it's going on. Hope you are doing ok  :smitten:

Hi everybody.  Haven't been here in a long time, but I wanted to pop in to check on dear Coop and a few others from the deep, dark days of early-mid 2014.  So glad to hear many of you are doing better!  I consider myself 100% healed BUT FOR my continued inability to handle stress, and general sense of dreading bad news.  It's murky, because I was somewhat like this before benzos, but I don't remember it being quite this intense.  Part of it also may be lingering trauma from acute.  I never realized that a human (me) could go to such a horrific place, and maybe somewhere I have a fear of going there again.  But, physically, I am at 100%, and I mostly have my sleep back, which was my biggest issue in w/d.

Blessings to you all, and continued healing!

"floc"

Coop, I'm so happy to hear how well you are, and, oddly, as Sky did, I'm congratulating you on your hernias.  It's good to find there's a relatively innocuous reason for the GI issues.  It's when we can't find anything, or find out something terrible that it's a problem.  Call me crazy, but I would lean toward getting them taken care of, when you feel up to it.  I've known any people with those hernias, all with positive results.

Sky, going to the beach, and going in the water!  Hallelujah, girl friend.

Sig and Marj, pay attention, healing happens, for all of us.  I remember being so grateful when I read in one of Baylissa's books, that it didn't matter how sick, how severe your symptoms were, whether you were bedridden or able to work, that had no effect on healing time.  Fliprain, for instance, taking college courses after 15 months.  and she was awfully sick.

So happy to hear your good news today, Sky and Coop.  And Jenny.

Me, I've been wondering what success is.  I feel 1000% better.  I just don't have the energy, which I think probably comes over time.  A lot of people write a success story long before they're 100%, and some wait for every last symptom to disappear.

I would seriously consider writing one now but for the sleep issue.  i'm sleeping 8 hours a night, but my bedtime is at 8 a.m.!  I wake up well rested.  But I'm waking up 1-3 p.m.  I tried to correct it yesterday by staying up all day and going to bed earlier, 2 a.m.  All that happened was I had an awful day from sleep deprivation, and never fell asleep until 6 a.m., slept until 1:30, slept through the alarm I had set.

My fear is, is this going to be a permanent problem?  Do I have Delayed Sleep Phase disorder?  I googled it! :-[ 

And, other than that, I'm much better, but I would say I need some more time before I write a story.  I'm thinking 24-27.  but it's the insomnia/sleep issues holding me back.  The way I'm waking up now, I could get myself out the door for a job, with some planning, on a part time basis, but it would have to be working nights!  I think that's the standard I use for healing:  could I get up and go to work?  Could I get up in the morning and go on a hike?  Can I go to the gym and work out?

So where do you have to be to write a success story?  what constitutes success?  what is the standard for success?  for me, I would have to be able to get up in the morning and get out the door without feeling sick, be able to get to a job, an appointment, a recreational event, without feeling absolutely ill.    I can do that in the evening.

What is your bottom line for success?

P.S.  Does anyone have any info on having days and nights mixed up, sleep issues?  I guess I'd better to go the insomnia thread.  I don't see this anywhere.  Maybe talk to Korbe.

Green ... try "lookingforward" ... she had the same kind of reversed sleep issues ...

Glad to hear you too are doing much better ...  :thumbsup:

Green--I and a  few others have discussed this business of when you can call yourself a "success."  For me, it was about not wanting to withhold hope from others just because I still had a few symptoms.  You can see how it goes, where people who write very early success stories often have returning waves later on.  And yet if you wait until you're 100% 100% of the time, you run the risk of just getting on with your life and not wanting to dwell on it long enough to write about it.  There is no tribunal ready to pass judgment on you if you post a success story and then have a bad wave.  I think if you're feeling well enough that you want to express the relief you feel at having come through this, there are plenty of people who would love to read about that! :smitten::thumbsup:

Green ... try "lookingforward" ... she had the same kind of reversed sleep issues ...

Glad to hear you too are doing much better ...  :thumbsup:

Nova, thank you!  I will check her out.  You know, I'm so happy for everybody's news, and I'm not in a wave, but I have to say, I'm not there yet.  Going to need a little more time, I think.

So I'll be like Motel 6, I'll leave the light on, lol!

Hi all,

It's been a busy couple of days for me. My son is on vacation from work this week and he decided to get some much needed yard work done. He was trimming vines growing up his privacy fence and they were growing up the back of his garage onto the roof. He climbed onto the roof to cut them and fell off.

He broke one of his legs that required surgery right away.

When my dil called me I immediately ran to the hospital to see him...I didn't think about withdrawal at all. We were there most of the night and surgery was a success, he will be off work for a while but he is fine.

Now that the trauma is over and I'm back home ...I'm trembling...like an after shock.

It was so weird, the withdrawal took a backseat and I'm so happy for that..now it's back to the same ole stuff. Oh well, I was able to get done what I needed to. Now onward to more healing.

Coop, I bet you never thought you would be happy to hear you have a hernia.

No, I don't think hernias are that serious..a lot of people I know have them.I have one and it has really never bothered me that much.

I could see withdrawal being a large contributor to hernias because of the muscle breakdown.

So happy you are having some good days and the health fears aren't stopping you in your tracks.

Nova, I sure could use some of your soup now...I forgot what time your kitchen closes. I'll try to stop in tomorrow for some of your split pea and ham soup...can you make me a grilled cheese to go with it?

I'm going to take a long bath and hit the sack. Much healing to all. We will get through this!! :thumbsup::smitten:

Wow seems like some of the people close to two years or just passed that are doing better. Glad to hear you may be getting near the end Coop.

I feel like I've been punched in both eyes after not sleeping last night. At least work was mostly smooth. Tomorrow's Friday. My sister's son is on the football team at his school. They're playing a school near where I live. So i get to see my sister and nephew tomorrow night. They live about 3-½ hours from me, so I only get to see them a few times a year.

I have a friend from college that I still talk to on Facebook. She posted about trying to come off of Zoloft and how she was having a terrible time with it. So I sent her a link to the surviving antidepressants website. Hopefully she won't have bad symptoms from a slow taper.

Hi Siggy!  Antidepressants.org is the first forum I found and there is a member on there called Luv2knit who is on the Zoloft FB page, as well as antidepressants.org.  A lovely woman.  She and your friend probably know each other and can give each other much needed support.  I wish your friend all the best.  Coming off antidepressants is a tough road like benzodiazepines.  All psyche drugs should be banned but, alas, probably will not be. Your friend will find that site very useful, especially if she's tapering.

Good Evening ... well ... sat here this afternoon feeling sorry for myself ... got a good way down in the dumps ... took a bit of shovelling ...

Climbed out a while ago ... don't feel much better ... but it was awful smelly and yucky down there ... no place for an old fella ...

Guess I am just having a bout of wondering when this will be over for me ... getting tired of this day in and day out stuff ...

Oh well ... another day in the books ... tomorrow will be its own surprise ...

Be Well, Folks ...  :smitten:

Sorry you're feeling yucky Nova.  This is so exhausting.  I used to feel so much better in the late afternoon, around 4pm.  That's now been pushed to 8pm.  I always tell my brain, "if you can get it right at 8pm, you can get it right, period."  My brain has a different game plan, apparently.

I used to feel desperate for this to be over.  Now I'm just sick and tired of it all.  I suppose that's progress?

I hope you have a peaceful night.

Hi all,

It's been a busy couple of days for me. My son is on vacation from work this week and he decided to get some much needed yard work done. He was trimming vines growing up his privacy fence and they were growing up the back of his garage onto the roof. He climbed onto the roof to cut them and fell off.

He broke one of his legs that required surgery right away.

When my dil called me I immediately ran to the hospital to see him...I didn't think about withdrawal at all. We were there most of the night and surgery was a success, he will be off work for a while but he is fine.

Now that the trauma is over and I'm back home ...I'm trembling...like an after shock.

It was so weird, the withdrawal took a backseat and I'm so happy for that..now it's back to the same ole stuff. Oh well, I was able to get done what I needed to. Now onward to more healing.

Coop, I bet you never thought you would be happy to hear you have a hernia.

No, I don't think hernias are that serious..a lot of people I know have them.I have one and it has really never bothered me that much.

I could see withdrawal being a large contributor to hernias because of the muscle breakdown.

So happy you are having some good days and the health fears aren't stopping you in your tracks.

Nova, I sure could use some of your soup now...I forgot what time your kitchen closes. I'll try to stop in tomorrow for some of your split pea and ham soup...can you make me a grilled cheese to go with it?

I'm going to take a long bath and hit the sack. Much healing to all. We will get through this!! :thumbsup::smitten:

Beulah, I am so happy your son is well and will recover fine, firstly, and that you were able to be there for him when you needed to, so glad for that.

You're probably reacting to what happened after the fact.  And we're not 100% yet, big excitement still sets us off

Hoping you get some good sleep tonight.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [Lo...]
    • [bi...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Si...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [jo...]
    • [kn...]
    • [...]