Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I appreciate it and I feel I've researched enough.  this one doesn't seem to be so bad and it's been around a while.  i haven't found any horror stories and I'm not going to read the interweb on it anymore.  Don't want to drive myself too crazy. I have tried so many things for the migraines and i really feel I have to take action.

Siggy....I still get random head pressure too....very infrequent now..  You sound good though.  Glad that your wave is washing out.  Wishing you decent sleep....coop

Yes, Propranolol is Inderal.  Drew, I'm disagreeing with people saying "use as needed."  The point is to get steady.  You will get more placebo effect out of propranolol (which is not nothing, it's getting your own brain on board with your healing) if you go into it believing it will help you.  Just take it at regular times and don't be watching your symptoms to decide if you should take "as needed."  That's counter-productive here.  I'll bet that 10mg helped you already this afternoon.  It's quite fast acting.  The 20 a day you're proposing is what I took without ever taking more and it helped me a lot.  I think I tapered off over just two months with no trouble.  My neurologist was always telling me I could quit any time, cold turkey, at this small dose.  That didn't prove to be true when I tried to stop in just a week, but the point is, it's not like a benzo, an opioid, or an SSRI.  I think it's going to help you.  :) 

I never noticed any rush of adrenalin as my dose wore off.  At most, if I forgot a morning dose, which sometimes happened, by evening I'd be thinking I was a bit wired and I'd remember.  But nothing worth paying attention to.  You're gonna be fine.

For migraine prevention "as needed" doesn't work.  I'm overly cautious with any med/supplement but there is a quality of life and functioning I need to attain or at least see if it helps.  I would love to be totally au natural for the rest of my life but I also think that attitude can be more of a hindrance in some situations.  I feel I'm at that point. God knows I've tried almost everything to reduce these migraines.  I hope this works and if so I will taper off not so long down the road. I've made up my mind and  I appreciate all the opinions.  :smitten:

I did something stupid tonight and am paying the price.  I took a Zyrtec D, the third time in three days, and then a few hours later sprayed some astelin in my nose.  Separately I had never experienced any issues while in withdrawal taking these periodically.  Right now I'm experiencing dizziness, severe panic, terrible anxiety-like feelings coming from the chest along with poor shallow breathing.  Any suggestions on how to cope?  I don't think I have the most severe symptoms, but they are very uncomfortable.

Hi Gang ... the cataract thing was a no brainer for my wife, as it should be ... the cool thing is she gets another couple of weeks off ... and we are hoping they can do her other eye soon ...

Did I ever mention how much I enjoy being in a hospital ... not ... at least I didn't have to sit around there the whole time ... meandered around for a couple of hours and then went back and waited ... they expect folks to sit in a chair and be nice and quiet for three hours while they do the cataract prep and surgery ... and then you can take the patient home ... and no, you cannot sit with the patient while they are waiting and prepping ... you are supposed to just sit in a waiting room and they will call you when they are ready ... right ...

Lost my way back from the washroom and accidently found myself outside ... darn ...

Anyway ... all is well ...

So ... a bunch of us are on the wave train ... chug, chug, chug ... the only bad thing about the wave train is that loud whistle they blow ... scares the dickens out of me ...

Nova, good to hear all is well and you and your wife are getting to spend some time together.

Siggy....I still get random head pressure too....very infrequent now..  You sound good though.  Glad that your wave is washing out.  Wishing you decent sleep....coop

Thanks Coop, unfortunately I did jinx myself somehow. I didn't sleep at all last night. First night I've missed in about 4 weeks. God I hate how you feel like you are progressing with this crap and then you get set back.

Thanks Coop, unfortunately I did jinx myself somehow. I didn't sleep at all last night. First night I've missed in about 4 weeks. God I hate how you feel like you are progressing with this crap and then you get set back.

Siggy, that's wd in a nutshell !

I know how you feel, you are thinking you have turned a corner and instead you are back to square one.

But, on the flip side, if you have been sleeping, it means you will be sleeping again. Even though, that is not comfort  to you, here and now, I know that.

Siggy, that's wd in a nutshell !

I know how you feel, you are thinking you have turned a corner and instead you are back to square one.

But, on the flip side, if you have been sleeping, it means you will be sleeping again. Even though, that is not comfort  to you, here and now, I know that.

Thanks Sky. The only thing I can think that might have thrown me off was eating some chips that had MSG in them. That was at lunch time and didn't feel any different after eating them. No idea if that's what caused it or not though. Hopefully it will only be a one off event. Hope you're doing well today.

Thanks Sky. The only thing I can think that might have thrown me off was eating some chips that had MSG in them. That was at lunch time and didn't feel any different after eating them. No idea if that's what caused it or not though. Hopefully it will only be a one off event. Hope you're doing well today.

siggy-it can just be the regular non linear healing.  Please don't drive yourself crazy as we all do anyway... :D

Hi all...I slept okay and my morning yucks were slightly less with the racing heart.  I presume the propranolol is helping a bit with that.  On that note..oh my...do I have PTSD from this benzo mess regarding taking any pill!  I was petrified this morning to take it...I haven't had any bad reactions and my dose is very low.  I was literally in a panic. :idiot:  I took the pill and had to remind myself that anything I feel is almost def withdrawal.  I even woke up sweating in the middle of the night.  My mind immediately jumped to some bad side effect.  This thought pattern is deep in my subconscious and I need to overcome it.  I have been sweating like this for the whole time...Jeez.... :crazy:

Oh well...onward I go scanning my body obsessively for anything wrong.  Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Okay Green ... I accept the term ... I am in a shit storm ... fell into last night and it continues ...

Clarity is good ... but the body is in its own place ... shaking and baking ...

Thought up a thousand reasons why and they are all goofy ... can't even muster a health fear for this storm stuff ...

Maybe it is connected to global warming ... yep, that's it ... chaotic weather equals chaotic healing ... okay, now that is resolved ...

Just fasten my seatbelt and let it storm ...  :thumbsup:

Nova....my pattern has been following that for several weeks. My mind is clear as a bell ...even positive and my body is existing in another realm....anxiety, fatigue etc..  Crazy s... dtorms.  Yes it's pointless to try to figure any of it out. It's all w/d.  Hope your body gets itself into line with your mind..

.....Nova ,your post of a few days back regarding moving forward with and in spite of moderate sx..  the idea of , " I am going to have this whatever sx whether I go out and do something .....or sit in my house all day ( and the entire next year waiting for that 100% healing).  .might as well get out there and take a stab at having a life.  I really appreciated that perspective . It has been working for me 85% of the time. I am becoming so familiar with which sx to listen to and which ones are just 'noise' I can usually make a pretty spot on call. ....

.....Wishing you some sunbreaks ....coop

Me too coop...I can now tell way quicker with more accuracyu of which sx's are going to be a "on the couch" symptom or go on with life symptom.

I did something stupid tonight and am paying the price.  I took a Zyrtec D, the third time in three days, and then a few hours later sprayed some astelin in my nose.  Separately I had never experienced any issues while in withdrawal taking these periodically.  Right now I'm experiencing dizziness, severe panic, terrible anxiety-like feelings coming from the chest along with poor shallow breathing.  Any suggestions on how to cope?  I don't think I have the most severe symptoms, but they are very uncomfortable.

Sorry I missed this BJ...only thing that helps is the time until it leaves your system.  Hope you're doing better.

siggy-it can just be the regular non linear healing.  Please don't drive yourself crazy as we all do anyway... :D

Hi all...I slept okay and my morning yucks were slightly less with the racing heart.  I presume the propranolol is helping a bit with that.  On that note..oh my...do I have PTSD from this benzo mess regarding taking any pill!  I was petrified this morning to take it...I haven't had any bad reactions and my dose is very low.  I was literally in a panic. :idiot:  I took the pill and had to remind myself that anything I feel is almost def withdrawal.  I even woke up sweating in the middle of the night.  My mind immediately jumped to some bad side effect.  This thought pattern is deep in my subconscious and I need to overcome it.  I have been sweating like this for the whole time...Jeez.... :crazy:

Oh well...onward I go scanning my body obsessively for anything wrong.  Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Same here drew. I'm afraid to take most anything that comes in a pill these days. I was terrified about taking the amoxicillin they gave me after I had a root canal. Now I was prescribed Vit D supplement by my doctor because I'm way below normal. I've taken both and no problems really. It is good to be cautious as well all know now.

8)

I packed it in at work for the day.  Just getting hit too hard.  Almost broke down crying over nothing 3x today and it's only 11:30.  Had two panic rushes that didn't last long but thoughts are with me never healing or this is just me?  I also got that damn stress headache. Dizzy.  Sorry...I'm deep in it and I had anxiety prebenzos so I can't see the big picture right now. 

Will try n meditate n then I booked massage at 1pm.

Hi all...I'm taking a break from BB. When in a wave like this I become obsessed on my symptoms.  Unfortunately, this site isn't good for my obsessed brain.  Hope you all do well until I return.  :smitten::smitten:

Hi all...I'm taking a break from BB. When in a wave like this I become obsessed on my symptoms.  Unfortunately, this site isn't good for my obsessed brain.  Hope you all do well until I return.  :smitten::smitten:

......we are thinking of you Drew.  Wishing you better better days... love to you.....coop

Sorry I missed this BJ...only thing that helps is the time until it leaves your system.  Hope you're doing better.

Somewhat better now, but still in a sort of panicky state.  I should have known better.

Drew, that's not PTSD.  it's a normal, healthy cause and effect, learned response by your brain, dude!

Okay Green ... I accept the term ... I am in a shit storm ... fell into last night and it continues ...

Thought up a thousand reasons why and they are all goofy ... can't even muster a health fear for this storm stuff ...

Maybe it is connected to global warming ... yep, that's it ... chaotic weather equals chaotic healing ... okay, now that is resolved ...

Nova, sounds like that storm passed through lower NY!  Seriously, now that it's passed, I will say I was on my knees.  just so damned sick.  physically sick.  nausea, sickly sweating, sitting in a miserable mess on this couch.  (I swear, the first thing i'm doing when healed is getting a new living room set!  I've worn a, let's say concavity, in this couch!

Anyway, I'm catching a break today. Hopefully this breaks soon.  It's really, bad, though, I know.  I feel for ya, buddy. :smitten:

Nova....my pattern has been following that for several weeks. My mind is clear as a bell ...even positive and my body is existing in another realm....anxiety, fatigue etc..  Crazy s... dtorms.  Yes it's pointless to try to figure any of it out. It's all w/d.  Hope your body gets itself into line with your mind..

.....Nova ,your post of a few days back regarding moving forward with and in spite of moderate sx..  the idea of , " I am going to have this whatever sx whether I go out and do something .....or sit in my house all day ( and the entire next year waiting for that 100% healing).  .might as well get out there and take a stab at having a life.  I really appreciated that perspective . It has been working for me 85% of the time. I am becoming so familiar with which sx to listen to and which ones are just 'noise' I can usually make a pretty spot on call. ....

.....Wishing you some sunbreaks ....coop

well, we're all three in the same place, Coop, Nova, and me!  Thing is, while this is fresh in my mind, on the bad days it's physically impossible to override and proceed with living.  My butt is on the couch, not going anywhere.  I really had to wait to feel better before I could ignore it and go.  And it's better in the eve, but not like older waves, where 5 p.m. was later, not it's  7, 8 p.m.

but, as I said, I've had two better days, meaning I wasn't dizzy, nauseous, and sick of body and spirit.

I also slept from 5 a.m. until 3 p.m.  I'm trying to adjust to the change in sleep patterns and new symptoms, because I did have a little routine going, and that's gone.  but, buds, on this better day, when I'm not overwhelmed with sx, I really think we're healing, I feel a shift.  let's hope that happens soon.

.....Green....man oh man...how do we do this mirror w/d act...Hold on sista....That is exactly where I was yesterday...so sick I really could not get off the bed....not even for little housekeeping puttering, which has been my coping tactic forever. I have never....ever asked anyone to do my dishes.... yesterday I asked my daughter to do my dishes....and fold some laundry......last time that happened I was recovering from a bilateral mastectony....I really wanted to go to urgent care......BUUUT....MTODAY.....an Effortless Mind Day....not from the beginning, but I knew when I woke up after some decent sleep that things had a decent chance of being good....At noon I was ( and am)  still smiling at the dog .  In my Effortless Mind afternoon .....doing all my puttering and looking around for more things to do. My ex and I are going to take our grandsons out for hamburgers tonight.  I won't be pushing it with hamburgers  ( maybe a milkshake?).....

.....Green.....you are going to spin out of this.  Rest as much as you need to....go low and slow....a better day is as close as tomorrow.....thinking of you dear friend.  .coop

Nova, sounds like that storm passed through lower NY!  Seriously, now that it's passed, I will say I was on my knees.  just so damned sick.  physically sick.  nausea, sickly sweating, sitting in a miserable mess on this couch.  (I swear, the first thing i'm doing when healed is getting a new living room set!  I've worn a, let's say concavity, in this couch!

Anyway, I'm catching a break today. Hopefully this breaks soon.  It's really, bad, though, I know.  I feel for ya, buddy. :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Mt...]
    • [...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [...]
    • [...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [fl...]
    • [An...]
    • [El...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Le...]