Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

TM ... I have used OTC Ranitidine for acid and reflux type sensations ... don't use it much but it helps when I need it ... no obvious side effects for me ...

Drew,....thinking of you today fellow health fear buddy. I hope your spin out of these last waves holds for you today. ...Wishing you some much needed Effortless Mind time.  .coop

Thx coop :smitten:  good luck on appt. 

I decided yesterday to just take today off. It wasn't that I felt terrible just wanted one off.  I'm glad I did.  I got the Nova congestion and stuffy nose.  Other than that I'm a bit wonky.  Nothing out of my normal range.  Just going to take it low and slow knocking out errands and phone call stuff.  Good day all.

My symptoms have escalated all morning. So much for a nice day off.  I'm just being the canoe and passively flowing down the river.  So far month 15 has just been a crappy continuation from 14.  Forget what it's like to feel good for more than a day.  Onward we go!!!

Green ... sorry .. may I plead "cog fog"? ...

I think I may be having the fatigue as well, just not recognizing it as such ... certainly have the mental fatigue ... and a definite lack of wanting to engage anything ...

Perhaps a little spin-off depression ...

Just another week in paradise ...  :thumbsup:

You may plead, but you still go to jail!

Nova, this fatigue isn't as bad as the fatigue I've had in the past, I mean it's not profound, there's also a mental component where I don't want to leave the house, I want to curl up in a cocoon on the couch and let life go on without me.  if that's not depression, it soon will be!  Also a component of dread of leaving?  a little agoraphobia to spice it up?  I'm not good at dissecting these things they way some are.  I just know it's not healthy for me to go on like this.  I have to do something, I'm not sure what yet.  I started taking Immunocal, that's a cfs community remedy for fatigue.  made in Canada, actually.

Oops, I think I used up all my energy for the day with that little rant!!

They say the fatigue is the last to go, fatigue and apathy. They didn't say they would be added as new intense symptoms.  guess I'm not done ranting yet.  that's a good sign. 

feel better.

I only slept maybe two hours last night. My head is on fire. I hate everything.

Sig, hating in withdrawal is a sign of life!  Good.

Hi Sky ... you are sounding chipper ... hope you have a good day ...

I got a case of the jitters this morning ... and anxious ... light and sound bothering me ... been a while since that happened ...

Low and slow this morning ...  :thumbsup:

Nova, I think that's the reason I don't want to leave the house?  the world is too intense?  brain is still healing.

Green ... sorry .. may I plead "cog fog"? ...

I think I may be having the fatigue as well, just not recognizing it as such ... certainly have the mental fatigue ... and a definite lack of wanting to engage anything ...

Perhaps a little spin-off depression ...

Just another week in paradise ...  :thumbsup:

....Nova, I thought your kitchen was awfully quiet lately.  The lethargy . ...I am one day away from sitting in a corner drooling. 8 have to talk myself into moving from the couch to the bed.  My mind is restless and my body is, " nope, not moving today....at all".  ....Mine comes and goes...Hope you get enough oomph to get to the market or go for a ramble or throw together something soothing and yummy in your kitchen of wellness..  Wishing you a very good day....coop

Coop, you just wrote my story!  Feel better.  I started an energy supplement.  Mine has been going on too long, I wasn't getting the good days, that's why I started freaking out.  As Nova said, there might be a depression component. 

As long as we get the good days in between, as long as Nova gets his walks, as long as we get out.

Korbe, ...yes I agree about the scope....I have already refused one and will be doing a barium swallow study, a ct to look for hiatal hernia and an ultrasound for gallbladder. I know that sounds like a lot, but my belly pain hurts alot .. .the cough is much better. My pdoc wants to r/o liver, gallbladder and pancreatic issues. All my labs were ok so I am sure the tests will show nothing more than reflux. I have refused a ppi because they disable the functioning of the 'pumps' that provide gastric enzymes and fluids and have to be tapered off of. I have read that the pain returns for a few weeks after tapering ..  I am trying to avoid all that. I am having some relief with dietary changes and following Beulah's advice.

....Korbe, you are going to start feeling better. You have been through it and this far out we are just so worn down from months and months of w/d.  I hope the better sleep pays off with some improvements in sx....thinking of you and it was great to see you here... .coop

I remember having a conversation with my GI doc, and asking about tapering off Nexium.  and he laughed at me and said it doesn't work like that, you're on or you're off.  what did these guys do in medical school?  follow the Pfizer-written curriculum?

Coop ... have a good "consult" ... better you than me Gunga Din ...

One day away from sitting in the corner drooling ... hmmm ... probably not ... anyway ...

Got the jitters and the benzo palsy in my hands this morning ... not terrible, mostly vibrations ...

Another day in paradise ...

Be Well, my friend ...  :smitten:

Nova, HH had the shaking at the end, and I think Baylissa did, too.  It's only a good sign if it's the end, I guess.  Feel better.  yes, paradise.

Green....lol...no thanks on the relatives....but I will come and clean your closets for taking in a show with my buddy who is fearless while driving.

.......Your wander lust ...world trekking days are coming back.  I know you have had it with low and slow and hanging out on the couch with 7000 'family members'.. .just go with it the best you can a little longer.  ...The sleep sounds great. I agree.. Sleep whenever and wherever you can get it. I am finally starting to wake up at 6am instead of 330/4 am...makes a big difference.

....I am on my way this afternoon to the gastrointerologist .. not anxious ( yet) as it is a consult and no invasive tests . Scans and ultrasounds and x-rays don't scare me.. except for fear about what they might reveal....so far nothing so hoping to keep that going. 

....Green.. at least you are not lonely with all those 'people' from your 'family' rolling around in your head and tablet....Wishing you a day with some good energy....love to you....coop

Coop, thank you, for having such a great heart.  It is much appreciated.

And good luck with that GI consult.  However, I agree with Korbe, for me, the best course is to stay on the OTC nexium, and deal with it when I get off.  However, I would probably hesitate to start taking that in the middle of wd.  I was on it many years before.  but good luck however you handle it.

Texasmama...I tried the ACV...I thought for me it made it worse. Gaviscon gave me a huge headache and stopped my gut in its tracks.. ( although I was told to take it 1 tsp 3x a day.. I did that for 2 weeks before itade me sick). When I stopped it ( over night) it took another 2 weeks ( at least) to get any motility back. Once in awhile I take half of a large tums...I have had the best luck with Beulah's advice....eat every 2 hours.  Stick to low fat low acidic foods. Eat really small amounts... if you wait until you are hungry it's more likely that you will eat too much and too fast ...That is what is helping me the most. ...Pintrest has a ton of reflux, GERD and gallbladder diets and helps. Yogurt seems to help for me ( Greek full enzyme) but others say it made things worse.

It just amazes me ( and reassures me) that so many of us have this. Korbe developed hers around konth 20.. about the same time it got me.. I got hit with it around it month 19/2o

..  I hope you find some relief ....btw, hunger makes mine worse..  Beulah is right ..  eat something every 2 hours.....you and me and Korbe and Beulah.  The Belly Sisters.    coop

Texasmama...I tried the ACV...I thought for me it made it worse. Gaviscon gave me a huge headache and stopped my gut in its tracks.. ( although I was told to take it 1 tsp 3x a day.. I did that for 2 weeks before itade me sick). When I stopped it ( over night) it took another 2 weeks ( at least) to get any motility back. Once in awhile I take half of a large tums...I have had the best luck with Beulah's advice....eat every 2 hours.  Stick to low fat low acidic foods. Eat really small amounts... if you wait until you are hungry it's more likely that you will eat too much and too fast ...That is what is helping me the most. ...Pintrest has a ton of reflux, GERD and gallbladder diets and helps. Yogurt seems to help for me ( Greek full enzyme) but others say it made things worse.

It just amazes me ( and reassures me) that so many of us have this. Korbe developed hers around konth 20.. about the same time it got me.. I got hit with it around it month 19/2o

..  I hope you find some relief ....btw, hunger makes mine worse..  Beulah is right ..  eat something every 2 hours.....you and me and Korbe and Beulah.  The Belly Sisters.    coop

Coop, I try eating  every two hours that makes sense....do get more of a pressure when stomach gets empty...and as always trying to cut down gluten....it's hard

I get ths weird heat kind of pressure...it's not anything like normal heartburn it's like a menthol gas pressure..it's so hard to explain....also been having chest tightness again which started acting up three days ago......

Thanks for advice.....I'm always one for suggestions....

Have a great day Coop.......TM

Green....lol...no thanks on the relatives....but I will come and clean your closets for taking in a show with my buddy who is fearless while driving.

.......Your wander lust ...world trekking days are coming back.  I know you have had it with low and slow and hanging out on the couch with 7000 'family members'.. .just go with it the best you can a little longer.  ...The sleep sounds great. I agree.. Sleep whenever and wherever you can get it. I am finally starting to wake up at 6am instead of 330/4 am...makes a big difference.

....I am on my way this afternoon to the gastrointerologist .. not anxious ( yet) as it is a consult and no invasive tests . Scans and ultrasounds and x-rays don't scare me.. except for fear about what they might reveal....so far nothing so hoping to keep that going. 

....Green.. at least you are not lonely with all those 'people' from your 'family' rolling around in your head and tablet....Wishing you a day with some good energy....love to you....coop

Coop, thank you, for having such a great heart.  It is much appreciated.

And good luck with that GI consult.  However, I agree with Korbe, for me, the best course is to stay on the OTC nexium, and deal with it when I get off.  However, I would probably hesitate to start taking that in the middle of wd.  I was on it many years before.  but good luck however you handle it.

.....thanks Green for such understanding. I know that I should probably just take the Prilosec or whatever it is.. I just want to make sure of what I am dealing with.  .the treatment is probably the same for all of them. ...I probably will end up on the one that blocks the gastric a id's but doest turn off the pumps.  I don't think I can re-grow GABA s and gastric pumps at the same time....I have to admit that I took half of a hydroxyzine .  Helps , but turns my mind to mush.  Probably a good thing today.  ...thanks so much for the support.  I will post back tonight and let you know how it goes...My mantra...." I don't have to do anything I don't want to....I am in charge"....coop

Coop ... have a good "consult" ... better you than me Gunga Din ...

One day away from sitting in the corner drooling ... hmmm ... probably not ... anyway ...

Got the jitters and the benzo palsy in my hands this morning ... not terrible, mostly vibrations ...

Another day in paradise ...

Be Well, my friend ...  :smitten:

.....Nova....sorry you have the jitters....seems like we always end up getting charged for our good days..  one good day/one day with sx relative to how many sx were missing in the prior good day....stinks.....All of us should have a mega bank of stellar credit....Glad it's not terrible, but we get tired of getting through in spite of lingering sx...

....Thank you for the encouragement... carry on Nova....some day soon we are going to call in all of our perfect credit and buy our way out of this.  Waiting for banking regulations to take.....coop

Coop, I try eating  every two hours that makes sense....do get more of a pressure when stomach gets empty...and as always trying to cut down gluten....it's hard

I get ths weird heat kind of pressure...it's not anything like normal heartburn it's like a menthol gas pressure..it's so hard to explain....also been having chest tightness again which started acting up three days ago......

Thanks for advice.....I'm always one for suggestions....

Have a great day Coop.......TM

..Texas....have you had it evaluated?.. It is probably w/d.  mine is probably w/d....Korbe's is probably w/d....Beulah knows hers is w/d, Nova had both scopes ( gastric and colon), nothing found....so w/d... Having said all of that, if you had it evaluated or you are confident that it is w/d you might try whatever it is that Green takes. ..and I think Beulah took something too. You have to taper off the ppis which turn down the gastric pumps. Blockers just block the a id, but I think there is a step down from those too. Antacids coat the gastric tissues but are generally magnisium and aluminum.  They can effect the motility of your gut either way. If mine is clearly w/d I will probably try the blockers.  Have you looked at the Stomach Healing thread....there is really good advice on there.  Wishing you better days....coop

Green ... it is probably a little bit of everything ... they used to call it shell-shocked ... input overload ...

And perhaps, a very long perhaps ... the fatigue is a warning mechanism ... "slow down, I'm still working on this" ... who knows? ...

BTW ... I have a whole stack of get out of jail free warrants ... my bail bondsman keeps handing them out every time he visits me ...  >:D

How many people here still have really bad insomnia? I'm just having such a hard time with it still. I don't understand why I could sleep fine before benzo and now it's totally destroyed, even at 15 months off. I so depressed by this. Will I ever be able to sleep normally again. I'm just in such a bad place mentally over all of this.

After all,

I'm in a weird pain wave and just not myself..so grouchy. >:(

I'm going to take a break from here till I feel the wave ease up and I'm my same silly self.

Have the best day you can. :smitten:

After all,

I'm in a weird pain wave and just not myself..so grouchy. >:(

I'm going to take a break from here till I feel the wave ease up and I'm my same silly self.

Have the best day you can. :smitten:

Looking forward to having you back Beulah, sorry about your wave, but many seem to be getting hit today.

See ha soon Beulah. 

Siggy-my sleep sucks.  I just don't write about it because it's the lesser of all my evils. Everyday I wake up around 4:30.  I also fall asleep in a few minutes from pure exhaustion but wake up many times each night.  I very rarely feel rested. 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Bu...]
    • [ha...]
    • [de...]
    • [El...]
    • [st...]
    • [JA...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [du...]
    • [Ye...]
    • [bi...]
    • [La...]