Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi Peace! It happens because its w/d :) I'm so glad you are getting relief, even a teeny bit. Remember this moment the next time you want to quit.. It always gets better, and you are gonna be on the other side very soon!

Jenny

So happy to read your post peace. 

I scared myself silly reading about people who had heart attacks and didmt know it.  I spoke to my therapis to try n get back to reality.

Drew- this shit is unreal! I looked at my sweet six year old earlier tonight and got freaked out.... Granted he needs a haircut, but good golly. I'm looking forward to the day when we are all free and clear from every last stupid thought the benzos are launching at us.

One by one we will get there - like dominoes but in reverse. Or something. Michael's the one with the gift for analogies.  :D

I hope your chest feels perfect tonight.

Love you, buddy.

Peace2

Merry Christmas all!

Need help/advice on safe anti inflammatories. Been having chest pains most likely due to scoliosis or WD. Have had every possible test which hopefully rules out any cardiac issues leaving the most likely scenario skeletal/muscle or WD related.

Doctor wants me to take Voltaren (diclofenac). I've been taking Tylenol but not much help. Was offered a shot of toradol but passed.

So maybe some can share their experiences dealing with pain meds that hopefully won't set us back?

Thx Jrod

Merry Christmas all!

Need help/advice on safe anti inflammatories. Been having chest pains most likely due to scoliosis or WD. Have had every possible test which hopefully rules out any cardiac issues leaving the most likely scenario skeletal/muscle or WD related.

Doctor wants me to take Voltaren (diclofenac). I've been taking Tylenol but not much help. Was offered a shot of toradol but passed.

So maybe some can share their experiences dealing with pain meds that hopefully won't set us back?

Thx Jrod

Hi Jrod,

Do you know if you can tolerate omega-3's well at all? I know that they are a great antiinflammatory at larger doses (2.5-4 grams per day, in divided doses), but I also know that some buddies can feel a bit "revved" when taking them. I take around 3-3.5 grams per day now, and have taken omegas during most of my taper and withdrawal. I do not know if it is why or not, but I haven't had very much "pain" or "tension" as a symptom. Some achiness and a little twitching here or there, but not much else. Again, not sure if its related, but thought I'd mention :) Either way I hope you feel better soon :) Merry (belated) Christmas!

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi JROD...welcome to the chest pain club :sick:  I am pretty sure mine are skeletal too but I recently had an ekg change which my dr. wants me to check out in January with a stress test.  I was reading Baylissa's book last night and she said ekg irregulaities are not uncommon in withdrawal.  OY!

Hi all...I have been having a really tough time in this wave.  My obsessive worrying and nonstop googling(which I cant stop but have now that I have a clear head) is insane.  I am not this person.  Rationally I know my heart is probably fine but my brain is anything but rational.  the hardest part is I recognize it isn't rational but still work myself up about it.  I am in a wave that is as bad as any I have had so I am sure I would have focused on something else if not my heart. I drove my gf and family crazy as I needed  constant reassurance during this wave.  ugh...

Right now I am having a rational mind and I am not worried about dying or having health anxiety.  I am happy to have this current reprieve.

Hope everyone is doing better than me.

I do feel for you, Drew.  I have often thought that one of the hardest parts of this whole thing is trying to THINK your way through it when your brain is the thing that's not working right, even if only temporarily.  Maybe we all need that sign hanging where we can see it:  DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK!

You know what's going to happen in your case?  You are just going to get well.  Time will pass if you let it and somehow the very same things that seemed ridiculously scary at the moment just won't any more.  Your RX is to try to relax into this, go with the flow and just try to let the healing happen.  Also, nobody in benzo withdrawal (in my opinion) should make drastic decisions.  It's kind of like what I've always thought and advised women friends:  DON'T FILE FOR DIVORCE IN THE MIDDLE OF PMS!  Do not try to think your way out of something with a brain that's clearly not working right.

Hang in there! :smitten: 

Thx FJ!  We all know the drill...our tools work in our basket until they don't and when we are in the wave it is the worst :idiot:  I realize this wave will pass and I just have to accept it.  I am hunkering down and taking it easy until it passes.   

Drew ... ah ... thinking in a deep wave ... those were the good old days ... the sense that I needed to respond to what was going on ... well, I could respond all I wanted ... didn't make a bit of difference ... and we so often keep trying ...

Now, if I feel the urge to start thinking when I am fully engaged I try to remember to turn to my jigsaw puzzles on my computer ... a thinking person's distraction ... or if I feel the urge to google something I google for more jigsaw puzzle pictures ...

Well ... our two day wind and rain storm has moved off ... got out for two walks today ... the sunshine was a pleasure ... this cold is finally breaking up ... and the wavey stuff is ignorable ...

Be well ...

Michael

Everybody, I am getting a break from one hated symptom, vibrations. I am not having those 24 hour waves, that were driving me nuts. Let's hope for the best. 

My heart goes wild, the mood swings too, depression now and then, rears its scary head but there is some peace. I have lost a little weight, at least that is what my scale says. I think I lost it only from my face though. I really can't wait to be able to exercise. As it is, I am taking many long walks, my doggy has to lose some weight as well.

Working has helped so much in these last days. THe whole fake it till you make it, worked like a charm when depression was at its worst.

I don't know what to say, I know I am not well yet. But lastyear was really bad, this year is so much better and so there's only one way this thing can end .

Hang in there, we're getting out of here and it's going to be amazing. Thanks for being there in these last days, you are amazing people :hug:.

Hi sky, glad to hear you are doing better. Walking always helps me feel better and helps clear my mind, so keep at it :)

Good to hear from you :) Jenny

Mrs.-- do you know anything about fresh ginger? I started putting some in my vegetable juice I make in the morning and I'm noticing my nerve pain is a little better. I heard its an antiinflammatory... Just curious if there are any other benefits.. I seem to be tolerating it well. Jenny

Hey Drew, yea unfortunately spent most of Xmas day in the er. Chest pain was severe enough to get me there. I was given the baby aspirin offered morphine for pain which I declined then a nitro patch as well as a med to slow heart rate (lowpressor) used for CTA with contrast scan.

Everything checked out well except for the stress of being there and they wanting to keep me for 24hrs plus the dizziness and headache from both the nitro and the lowpressor. Today I can tell the pain is more originating from my back. Still taking one Tylenol in morn and one at night but not helping much. Concerned about trying Advil or stronger anti inflammatory.

Glad to hear you feel much more positive today.

Count me in as a ginger fan.  I drank a lot of bottles of ginger beer to help with nausea from opioid withdrawal, and I like it for attacks of benzo belly too.  My husband makes ginger tea which we consider healing for everything.

Hi Jenny,

Ginger has many health benefits, from what I've read! Things including digestive health, sort-of 'antibacterial' type properties, circulatory properties, etc etc! If I were to theorize why your nerve pain has improved, it may be from improved circulation? I am unsure though :P I say, if it helps, keep on! :)

Its good to read and lurk around this group of folks for me :) I'm so glad you all are here.

Make it a great night!

I'm so irritated with my husband tonight.  :tickedoff:  I also feel like a jerk.  :-\ UGH.  We had plans to go see a movie last night after Christmas dinner, but decided to hold off until tonight.  Well, they all wanted to see Unbroken.  Fine, I was going to go....until I dealt with a pretty intense bout of anxiety this afternoon.  I was out shopping with my daughter and my anxiety kept building and building.  By the time we were going to leave, my anxiety was mostly gone, but I just didn't think watching an intense, life and death drama would be good for me tonight.  I decided to stay home, but my husband was irritated with me.  It felt like he was throwing a fit because I was dealing with this "yet again".  Like I can help it???  :tickedoff:  Yeah, I'm sorry that MY anxiety, and the horribleness that I feel at times, is an inconvenience to YOU.  I also hate that I missed a family outing.  :'(  Rarely does that happen, but I didn't want to sit in the theater white-knuckling it through for 2 hours.  We are leaving on Sunday morning for a huge basketball tournament and will be gone for 5 days, my anxiety is already up enough. 

Sorry for my rant.  I'm just feeling really blue tonight.  The doubt is creeping in.... 

I just don't think I can keep doing this for months and months and months.  But I know that if I must, I must.  There isn't a choice.  Yet again I am aging out of a thread.  That is discouraging on nights like tonight. 

Maybe we can change the name of this one to 12-24 months?

I'm so irritated with my husband tonight.  :tickedoff:  I also feel like a jerk.  :-\ UGH.  We had plans to go see a movie last night after Christmas dinner, but decided to hold off until tonight.  Well, they all wanted to see Unbroken.  Fine, I was going to go....until I dealt with a pretty intense bout of anxiety this afternoon.  I was out shopping with my daughter and my anxiety kept building and building.  By the time we were going to leave, my anxiety was mostly gone, but I just didn't think watching an intense, life and death drama would be good for me tonight.  I decided to stay home, but my husband was irritated with me.  It felt like he was throwing a fit because I was dealing with this "yet again".  Like I can help it???  :tickedoff:  Yeah, I'm sorry that MY anxiety, and the horribleness that I feel at times, is an inconvenience to YOU.  I also hate that I missed a family outing.  :'(  Rarely does that happen, but I didn't want to sit in the theater white-knuckling it through for 2 hours.  We are leaving on Sunday morning for a huge basketball tournament and will be gone for 5 days, my anxiety is already up enough. 

Aww (((((HH)))))

Hang loosely tonight. Both with yourself, but also with him too. This type of thing has happened frequently with Mr and myself, so you're not alone :) I just try and remember that, whenever Mr comes across "less than patient" with me, its usually because he's missing me. Which I think is fair. I miss me, too. And I also act "less than patient" with me, too sometimes, when I'm also missing me. Sometimes it helps me to remember where Mr is probably coming from, so that I don't get all worked up over a misunderstood intention or something :P

Take a lil time tonight to come together with him in some peace and quiet, let him know you love him and that you know that you not going this evening hurt for him a little, but also that it hurt for you as well. And remind him that you're coming back, and getting better :) That always helps Mr sorta 'disarm' and he usually apologizes for a lack of patience also. Heck, we're both just READY for all this to be DONE, ya know? 'Course you know. :)

If it means anything, I think it was probably the right decision to make at this time. I can relate with why you chose what you did, and have made many similar "calls" myself. One day (soon), no more calls will need to be made like this :)

Love ya girl. Hope you have a great rest of your night :) Make it good anyways, if you can ;)

Hi HH,

I've had similar situations with my husband and its very frustrating BUT we have to remember that try as they might they really don't fully understand what we are going through. I think Mrs is right and he is just missing the the pre benzo you. Its a lot for our spouses to go through too. I hope you get some rest tonight, jenny  :smitten:

Aww (((((HH)))))

Hang loosely tonight. Both with yourself, but also with him too. This type of thing has happened frequently with Mr and myself, so you're not alone :) I just try and remember that, whenever Mr comes across "less than patient" with me, its usually because he's missing me. Which I think is fair. I miss me, too. And I also act "less than patient" with me, too sometimes, when I'm also missing me. Sometimes it helps me to remember where Mr is probably coming from, so that I don't get all worked up over a misunderstood intention or something :P

Take a lil time tonight to come together with him in some peace and quiet, let him know you love him and that you know that you not going this evening hurt for him a little, but also that it hurt for you as well. And remind him that you're coming back, and getting better :) That always helps Mr sorta 'disarm' and he usually apologizes for a lack of patience also. Heck, we're both just READY for all this to be DONE, ya know? 'Course you know. :)

If it means anything, I think it was probably the right decision to make at this time. I can relate with why you chose what you did, and have made many similar "calls" myself. One day (soon), no more calls will need to be made like this :)

Love ya girl. Hope you have a great rest of your night :) Make it good anyways, if you can ;)

Mrs,

GREAT advice.  You are right.  :smitten:  I will NOT bite his head off when they get home, but will treat him with love.  I will cut him some slack, and cut MYSELF some slack.  I have been feeling quite blue since they left, but reading your words is making me feel better.  I can feel my depression lifting.  Time to curl up on the couch, in front of the tree, and turn on a Christmas movie. 

Love ya...and I am VERY glad you hang out on this thread! 

Hi HH,

I've had similar situations with my husband and its very frustrating BUT we have to remember that try as they might they really don't fully understand what we are going through. I think Mrs is right and he is just missing the the pre benzo you. Its a lot for our spouses to go through too. I hope you get some rest tonight, jenny  :smitten:

Thanks Jenny, you are right.  I certainly can't expect him to fully understand, when I can barely understand it at times!! 

You ladies are the best.  Thank you, thank you.  :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [st...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Tr...]
    • [bi...]
    • [...]
    • [En...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Re...]