Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi Drew ... bought myself my annual box of "Turtles" ... and am slowly integrating them into my psyche ...  :angel:

There may be turmoil later, and by golly, for right now, I am enjoying them ...

:)

Hi Drew ... bought myself my annual box of "Turtles" ... and am slowly integrating them into my psyche ...  :angel:

There may be turmoil later, and by golly, for right now, I am enjoying them ...

:)

Pushing the envelope and living large.  I love it! :D

Hi Folks.  Michael, loved your horse post.  And by the way, I don't know where you got the idea to omit the unnecessary quote marks  in this, but I appreciated it and found it easier to read.  I like the metaphor.

I'm posting my progress or lack thereof not so much for encouragement since I am a bit further out than most of you (coming up on 16 months off Xanax and 2 years off Oxycodone) but because it might be of interest to you.  Hopefully mine is a story of somebody getting well, although lots of times it's hard to have confidence in that.

Today, after several weeks of having other symptoms, I am revisited by good old fatigue.  And I hate it!  I swear, whatever symptom I have at the moment is the worst.  I'm not really suffering, and for that I should be grateful, but without energy, nothing's happening.  I can't be my old self.  I still feel like this pathetic sick person while those around me must be thinking, Oh, come on, seriously?  She's still claiming she's sick? It's hard not to slide mentally when that's my mindset.

Hi Folks.  Michael, loved your horse post.  And by the way, I don't know where you got the idea to omit the unnecessary quote marks  in this, but I appreciated it and found it easier to read.  I like the metaphor.

I'm posting my progress or lack thereof not so much for encouragement since I am a bit further out than most of you (coming up on 16 months off Xanax and 2 years off Oxycodone) but because it might be of interest to you.  Hopefully mine is a story of somebody getting well, although lots of times it's hard to have confidence in that.

Today, after several weeks of having other symptoms, I am revisited by good old fatigue.  And I hate it!  I swear, whatever symptom I have at the moment is the worst.  I'm not really suffering, and for that I should be grateful, but without energy, nothing's happening.  I can't be my old self.  I still feel like this pathetic sick person while those around me must be thinking, Oh, come on, seriously?  She's still claiming she's sick? It's hard not to slide mentally when that's my mindset.

FJ, I'm pretty low energy, too.  It will pass. 

Well ... 14 months off today ... still living with this cold ... waxes and wanes just like a wave ... and there are waxing and waning waves in the background ...

Nothing for it but to keep moving towards the "finish line" ...

That's what we do ... give ourselves enough time to be "finished" ...

Be well, Folks ...

Michael

:smitten:

Michael, congrats on your progress, 14 months is huge !! I will be 14 in 5 days.

Anyway, you are always horsing around I see ! ;);D

Thanks for your posts.

After that awful cloud had me crying and moaning all day yesterday, suddenly, in the evening, after a lesson, I felt better. The horror my eyes were seeing had gone, almost. It had not gone completely,, still many intrusives and catastrophic thoughts, but at least they were one at a time. Big difference.

TOday is calmer, hope it keeps.

Tonight big family dinner, strong feelings, big effort. I am on the horse big time, really.

I hope everybody is better, unfortunately wd does not take holidays !

Have a great Xmas dinner!

We celebrate Xmas on the eve too, are you in Europe?  I won't be this year though because I just can't contain myself and the tears flow uncontrollably non stop.

Xox

Benzomama, we celebrate it on the eve and then, a Christmas lunch. I will only be attending the eve dinner, now I can handle it I hope ?

But tomorrow, it will only be close family, Prince Charming, cat and dog and loads of love. :smitten:

Hi everybody, here are some parts of  a card I made as a gift. The idea is to show things I love about Christmas.

http://i62.tinypic.com/ajtfyg.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/5uj04p.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/21azhvc.jpg

Again, Merry Christmas to every buddy on this thread, you have no idea how much you have helped make wd much more bearable. I am healing thanks to you guys.

Be kind to yourselves, hang in there. :therethere:

Beautiful card, Sky! Thank you for sharing. You are very talented in so many things. I hope the Christmas dinner is better than you imagine. Thinking of you.

Peace2

Michael, 14 months. Wow. The time just keeps passing and your brain is surely grateful. Glad you're here spreading the good word, passing the time. Hope your cold lifts.

Peace2

Thanks, GMIT.

I am heart sick, benzo sick, virus sick and in 'my time of the month.' It's all rather unpleasant, but I'm hopeful the last two will be gone in a week and I'll be down to heart sick and benzo sick. That will seem a relief for sure. I do see how this could get better, time.

I hope you're doing ok. I know you've had your share of very hard days. Anything holiday-like happening today?

Peace2

Good morning on this Christmas Eve!  My waves have been calming down again, which is a blessing. I'm hoping they are on their way out after a pretty virulent month. I am not symptom-free yet, but it's getting better.  Weird how healing can go from things being good for much of the time to being rough, rough, rough again! However, I am full of hope that this stormy patch is ending. January 1st will be my 18th month mark. :)

Peace, last Christmas I spent crying my way through our family traditions because my Grandma had died a few months prior. It was unfathomable to have Christmas without her, actually it was unfathomable to have LIFE without her. She was my rock, my advisor, my comforter.  I loved her so much and, like you are feeling now, I was heart-sick and benzo-sick.

This year, while I still miss her terribly, I have been able to do the special traditions and feel love, rather than the soul-tearing grief I felt last year. It gets better. I am keeping you lifted in prayer!

It is 8:20am and I am still lounging in bed, buried in my blankets, feeling at peace in my skin. I am excited for tonight and tomorrow's festivities. I am in awe as mornings used to be absolute hell....the frantic anxiety that would start jolting me awake at 4:00. Last year I couldn't lay in bed in the mornings without jumping out of my skin.  Sweet, sweet recovery...it really IS happening!

Merry Christmas my friends!  We are well on our way to Health.  :smitten:

Hi everybody, here are some parts of  a card I made as a gift. The idea is to show things I love about Christmas.

http://i62.tinypic.com/ajtfyg.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/5uj04p.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/21azhvc.jpg

Again, Merry Christmas to every buddy on this thread, you have no idea how much you have helped make wd much more bearable. I am healing thanks to you guys.

Be kind to yourselves, hang in there. :therethere:

Sky, these cards are BEAUTIFUL!! You are very talented! Thank you for sharing them with us! :)

I just want to say Merry Christmas to everybody and send best wishes that everybody can each, in their own way, get through whatever they are faced with in terms of family celebrations.  I have seen myself how these waves at this point can come and go very quickly.  Hope everyone at least gets some lovely, clear window moments! :smitten:

Merry Xmas all.  Hope everyone gets some joy during the next few days.  Peace...my thoughts are with you.  :smitten:

I can't seem to sleep past 5:30 so I lie awake with my morning stuff.  Not nearly as bad as yesterday so I got out and walked three miles.  My hr in the am was about 100(with morning crap). As I walked I got some chest pains but I was scanning for them.  Nothing even bad and they were surface pains not deep pain. My dr said if I get a pain that is "very different" than what I've ever had then slow down.  These pains(if you would even call them that) came and went fast and were the normal everyday stuff I've had.  I just marched forward and did my walk.  After I stretched and did some relaxation.  My hr is now down to 75-80.  The walks are so helpful.  Looking forward to a nice day and bless all of you for being so supportive. 

Drew, you do sound better.

I have the Christmas Eve dinner in an hour and  a half and I am so scared of doing something nuts. I tried speaking on the phone with a couple of relatives, and I did get upset afterwards. And my thoughts are nutty again, aarrgh !

Wish me luck , please.

Wish you luck too!

You'll be fine! I'm alone with my dog tonight.

Hi drew.

Benzomama, you are so lucky !!! ;)

I'm on my way guys, see you ! :smitten:

Thanks, GMIT.

I am heart sick, benzo sick, virus sick and in 'my time of the month.' It's all rather unpleasant, but I'm hopeful the last two will be gone in a week and I'll be down to heart sick and benzo sick. That will seem a relief for sure. I do see how this could get better, time.

I hope you're doing ok. I know you've had your share of very hard days. Anything holiday-like happening today?

Peace2

I have determined that I don't have a bad cold, it's the flu! Bummer!

My family is together! My oldest daughter, and my granddaughter live with us, my middle daughter flew in and my son drove here! I am so happy to have my family here! I'm not in the wave I had been in hoping to stay out of it!!

Hope everyone is feeling well and has a wonderful Christmas!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [...]
    • [Ja...]
    • [le...]
    • [eg...]
    • [Re...]
    • [ro...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [le...]
    • [An...]