Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi buddies,

Well I can now say I was in a full fledged wave because my thinking has cleared, because I really was starting to think I had a serious illness and was dying. I'm in a clear window at the moment, and I can't believe how my thoughts are normal and not catastrophic anymore. I can handle a lot of sx, but when my POTS kicks in hardcore like it did, all bets are off. I literally could not breathe, and that is scary as hell-- at one point I thought I might have to go to the er. My breathing right now is so great, I can get a clear, deep, breath. I've had intense anxiety all day, and had a birthday party for my son of course I white knuckled through it, but I did it. It's 2:20 am and my window is open after a long week, so I'm just gonna sit here and breathe..  I hope it's still there in the morning..

I didn't see this.......... This is wonderful and so reassuring especially as my breathing was like this yesterday and today.  I so hope it lasts for you. Your description of wavy is so familiar.  :thumbsup:

Jenny....SO glad to hear that your wave has returned you to the land of normal.....It is so hard to get through a wave after a long string of good open window days. You sound so good.

.  ..enjoy your happy normal. Your post has encouraged me to keep moving forward. ..  coop

Hi Nova....I am in no sleep club this morning. Awake at 3am...I usually don't have too many sleep issues, but tonight I did. Darn that thunder storm.  It has been threatening one here for days, but fades away. We could really use it as everything is burning up already. ....I hope the 'lousy' let's up as your day moves on. .. .paint on..  .coop

Marj,....my goodness you have been through it!...A slide down the stairs ....awful. Yes, the ups and downs of w/d, they torture us . The fact that you go to work every day is so amazing. I know I couldn't do it. ....You are making great progress in spite of sx....just getting from one day to the next in w/d with active sx is big progress. I was happy to see you here this morning.  You also give me encouragement to see that we can get through more than we ever thought possible .

.....Wishing you some sunbreaks . ...coop

Drew..  you're the bomb man. ....You have really battled your way through this one. Every time I read one of your posts I see how we get through so much. You do so much living with and in spite of sx.....I have used the Arnica too and it did help. The hot packs to my neck are good relief but it just doesn't last long enough.

......Drew, I truly wish you a day today without sx.  cooo

Beulah, how are you doing?...Happy to see you this morning. Are you a night owl by nature or having a flare of sx?...My daughter is a complete night owl.  a switch goes on in her at about 9pm..  She is creative and does all kinds of magic while the rest of the world sleeps, but she is not fun to be with until late morning.

. ..I hope you are having good days ....and eating whatever your heart desires.. .  coop

Just an update....the belly stuff continues and is made worse by my anxiety about it. This started in May and still hanging on. I know it will eventually leave. I keep reminding myself that Nova said he had an endoscopy as well as  colonoscopy and both were clear of any problems....hoping not to have to do any scopes and the anticipatory fear of having to do them is only making my stomach issues worse and probably bigger in my mind than it really is. At least I will have some concrete lab results in by the end of this week and we will see where it goes from there. I struggle with health fear every day, but I think that will ease up when the reflux is better. Every single medical test I have had in the past 3 months has come back completely normal..  these should come back good too, so I am just trying to distract and keep my run away mind in check as much as possible.Now I think I should have just gone on the ppi as things got worse after taking gaviscon 3x a day for 3 weeks.....well, onward. 

.  ..Wishing everyone goid healing  .....coop

Hi buddies,

Well I can now say I was in a full fledged wave because my thinking has cleared, because I really was starting to think I had a serious illness and was dying. I'm in a clear window at the moment, and I can't believe how my thoughts are normal and not catastrophic anymore. I can handle a lot of sx, but when my POTS kicks in hardcore like it did, all bets are off. I literally could not breathe, and that is scary as hell-- at one point I thought I might have to go to the er. My breathing right now is so great, I can get a clear, deep, breath. I've had intense anxiety all day, and had a birthday party for my son of course I white knuckled through it, but I did it. It's 2:20 am and my window is open after a long week, so I'm just gonna sit here and breathe..  I hope it's still there in the morning..

Jenny, I have been thinking about health fear, as a symptom. Here we always rate which symptom is the worst. Health fear, as described by you, Peace and Coop, has to be the worst.

So glad to hear you have gotten through it.

Take a good long look at that window, soon it will be here to stay and you will never ever  have to whiteknuckle through your boy's birthday again.  :thumbsup:

Hi buddies,

Jenny, hope that wave stays out to sea and your window stays wide open. :smitten:

Hi all,

I’ve not posted for a while as I’ve been so overwhelmed with work and it has taken every little bit of energy (not that I have any), from my mind and body to deal with the demands of working. I really don’t know how I got through as 2 people are on leave and I am fairly new, plus having a malfunctioning brain. I did though and have to say I did well, although by Friday my brain was well and truly fried. Then I fell down the stairs that evening at home which has added to my joint and muscle pain. My feet just slipped from under me and I planked it all the way from top to bottom. I did think it was an excuse to go get checked out and maybe get a scan of my neck to make sure there are nothing wrong, not from the fall, just because it is so uncomfortable at times and I question if it is wd. Yesterday it was so bad, the head pressure was really intense, I have not had it that bad for a while. Today it has eased of a little, however I am so stiff and sore in upper back, shoulders and neck and overwhelming fatigue, my arms are lead like, fog,  crappy thoughts, basically I am in a wave.  Anyway I didn’t go to the ER (thank goodness)as I know all the neck problems started when I was reducing that God awful diazepam. It’s just hard to believe sometimes that this will go away. Also I could not risk mentioning wd to a medic, as I probably would have, knowing they would tell me it doesn’t exist.

I have been checking in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. It appears it is swings and roundabouts, the usual snakes and ladders pattern. I can really relate to you Drew at the moment and we are a similar timeline, not that any 2 people’s healing is the same but you can’t help comparing sometimes.  Nova, things sound so much better for you,  I feel so much positivity in your recent posts. I hope it continues. It’s just such a slow progress and things change, recede, come back. I believe it takes a real strength in character to go through this.  Sorry things have turned again for you Jenny. You have had a glimpse of a new beginning so hang on to that. So cruel I know to dangle the carrot like that.  Hope everyone is still kicking and surviving.

:smitten:

Marj, that fall sounds awful. I  had this kind of fall  in tolerance, it has something to do with misjudging the distance you have to put your  foot at. It was this way for me, I don't know for you, of course.

You were brave to avoid ER.

Sorry to hear you are in a wave, probably it's the stress from the fall, but in wd who really knows ? Right ?

Hang in there and heal on ! :smitten:

Hi ... got some more sleep ... now feel lousier than I did at 100 AM ... oh well ...

I blame it on the weather ... couldn't be anything else ... didn't get my thunder storm ... I so needed that thunder storm supplement ...  :tickedoff:

Have a good Monday Folks ...

If you would like I can give you a steady supply of summer storms...as soon as I can figure out how to bottle them.

Once in a while I'm able to nap if I never had much sleep the night before...but I seem to wake feeling worse before the nap.

Hope your day improves. Be careful on the step ladder. :smitten:

Hi all,

I’ve not posted for a while as I’ve been so overwhelmed with work and it has taken every little bit of energy (not that I have any), from my mind and body to deal with the demands of working. I really don’t know how I got through as 2 people are on leave and I am fairly new, plus having a malfunctioning brain. I did though and have to say I did well, although by Friday my brain was well and truly fried. Then I fell down the stairs that evening at home which has added to my joint and muscle pain. My feet just slipped from under me and I planked it all the way from top to bottom. I did think it was an excuse to go get checked out and maybe get a scan of my neck to make sure there are nothing wrong, not from the fall, just because it is so uncomfortable at times and I question if it is wd. Yesterday it was so bad, the head pressure was really intense, I have not had it that bad for a while. Today it has eased of a little, however I am so stiff and sore in upper back, shoulders and neck and overwhelming fatigue, my arms are lead like, fog,  crappy thoughts, basically I am in a wave.  Anyway I didn’t go to the ER (thank goodness)as I know all the neck problems started when I was reducing that God awful diazepam. It’s just hard to believe sometimes that this will go away. Also I could not risk mentioning wd to a medic, as I probably would have, knowing they would tell me it doesn’t exist.

I have been checking in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. It appears it is swings and roundabouts, the usual snakes and ladders pattern. I can really relate to you Drew at the moment and we are a similar timeline, not that any 2 people’s healing is the same but you can’t help comparing sometimes.  Nova, things sound so much better for you,  I feel so much positivity in your recent posts. I hope it continues. It’s just such a slow progress and things change, recede, come back. I believe it takes a real strength in character to go through this.  Sorry things have turned again for you Jenny. You have had a glimpse of a new beginning so hang on to that. So cruel I know to dangle the carrot like that.  Hope everyone is still kicking and surviving.

:smitten:

Marj, thank goodness you are ok from the fall. I have fallen so many times in this process. I remember in acute the boatyness was so bad I couldn't walk without holding on to things and my feet never felt grounded.

Yep, a lot of swings and roundabouts here lately.

Be careful and I hope that fatigue lifts for you. :smitten:

Beulah, how are you doing?...Happy to see you this morning. Are you a night owl by nature or having a flare of sx?...My daughter is a complete night owl.  a switch goes on in her at about 9pm..  She is creative and does all kinds of magic while the rest of the world sleeps, but she is not fun to be with until late morning.

. ..I hope you are having good days ....and eating whatever your heart desires.. .  coop

Hey Coop, I'm everywhere on the map with my sleep. No, not really a night owl by nature...but I figure I might be by the time this is all done.

I used to get up early for work and was usually in by eleven...but now things have changed...I have no schedules to keep....I go to bed whenever and sleep whenever...not sure I like this...I use to dream of retirement and taking it easy..not so much anymore.

I'm definitely having my share of waves with some pretty good windows following.I seem to have reached a point in my healing that my brain is a little more comfortable with the waves..I think more accepting of them. Like the other day when I was in the kitchen I went into a wave..I said " here we go again..I thought left for the day..wave be gone" . The wave never left that day but I carried on with out having to spend the day counch bound.

I also think it depends on the severity of the wave..carry on ..or" hello my couch friend."

Sorry you're still struggling with the stomach stuff. I'm still using acid reducers a couple of times a week and watching what I eat.

In my first withdrawal I also dealt with this crap and had a test ( one of many) that wasn't to bad. I drank a flavored concoction in front of an x-ray machine..it wasn't to bad..no scopes at least.

The test revealed that I was refluxing and had a hyatal hernia..the doc said the hernia wasn't so bad and to take whatever acid reducer I was comfortable with. I continued with acid reducers for probably about two years only using them when needed. Now I'm back to the same ole thing..a repeat of things I thought were gone for good.

I hope to someday not have to use anything for the acid..but for now they're helping and not so bad.

Sure wish I could eat anything I want..but I might have to watch what I eat for a while longer.

Bob Evans mashed potatoes are still a staple in my fridge. :thumbsup:

On the menu for dinner.

Veggie soup

Turkey burgers on the grill

Beet salad

Maybe a few mashed potatoes before bed to keep the tummy happy.

Gosh Coop, I sure hope your tummy calms down.Hugs

Jenny-hope this means the wave receded and you are good to go :smitten:

Marj-oy...the steps...poor thing :smitten:

Coop-my conspirator in health anxiety.  We are god until we are not.

Hello to everyone else

Had the terrible neck pain most of the night.  My house was so stuffy I went downstairs to sleep which is cooler.  We could use a thunderstorm here too.  Took some Tylenol at 3am and the sleep and that helped.  Slept like crap.  Feel very tenuous with the head/neck stuff as I am getting the weirdest pains and pressure spots on the skull.  Luckily. pressure is substantially less today which means less dizziness too.  Also, my cortisol rushes are back to just early am and I am not getting hit with those intense mini cortisol waves that arrive midmorning and late afternoons. Hope I didn't jinx myself.  Anxiety much less today but it is lying in wait ??? 

Trying really hard to lift the window up and I just got it  a crack open to let some fresh air in.  Need to oil the hinges to get it wide open. 

Thanks everyone,

The fall wasn’t WD related; my foot just slipped on the carpet and off I went. I don’t think it has helped my nervous system in the least but given the choice of falling down the stairs and WD, I would happily fall down the stairs regularly than have to go through this. I thought I had done with the head pressure but I can feel it coming on again and yesterday it was awful. I agree with Nova that it may come from the tight neck. I’m so sick of it. It makes me really irritable, as you know that distracting, going for a walk etc helps, however when you’re so darn tired………….. Oh well we have to believe that symptoms are healing signs

Mine went from head pressure to tight neck yesterday.  it's a two way street though...  marj...we can make a list of anything we would rather happen than withdrawal.  It would be damn long :laugh:

Hi Folks ... did some painting around the apartment this morning ... one of my long neglected projects ... I can now climb a step ladder without getting dizzy and disorientated ... and the painting did not bother me ... perhaps another sign of getting better ...

Rainy and windy here today ... so hanging out this afternoon ...

Still wavey ... and now have some achy long unused muscles ... oh well ...

Painting, Nova, yes, definitely a sign of getting better.

Hi buddies,

Jenny, I'm so glad that lifted.  I'm catching up on the posts and was going to go back and respond to yours.  I've got the POTS pretty bad, too, fatigue, crazy sleeping patterns, but my thinking is crystal clear right now.  so when I worry, I'm just worried about how long, but as a legitimate question.  Some of your health fear is the mental wave, but it's a legitimate question, that we probably deal with a lot better when not in a wave, but still the fear is there, I think it's normal.  Even if I have nice clear thinking, I have to wonder how long the physical is going to last. 

We can only stay in acceptance mode for so long.  we're human, WE HAVE TO get frustrated by the limitations of our physical symptoms, the yo-yo symptoms.  And that frustration sometimes pushes us to the next place.

have a better day

Hi ... finished the painting ... two bedrooms and two hallways ... we have been waiting for this for over three years ...

It was a bit rocky at times ... so I just went slow ... woke up a bunch of muscles that have been dormant for quite a while ...

Still wavey ... and feeling okay ...

Be Well everyone ... we are getting there ...  :thumbsup:

Hi Nova....I am in no sleep club this morning. Awake at 3am...I usually don't have too many sleep issues, but tonight I did. Darn that thunder storm.  It has been threatening one here for days, but fades away. We could really use it as everything is burning up already. ....I hope the 'lousy' let's up as your day moves on. .. .paint on..  .coop

Coop, first you and Nova are lucky to have rain!  It's VERY HOT HERE.  not as hot as Sky's Italy, but damned hot.  And I don't have AC right now, ouch.  Not tolerating the heat, ouch.

Coop, so you're not sleeping, and I sleep A LOT!  I woke up at 2 p.m.!  Can you believe that?

Hope all is well with that wedding coming up!

And you're right, Drew is da bomb! 

Marj, you're tougher than you give yourself credit for.  That slide down the stairs would have sent me into panic, sure that I had ripped, broken something.

Hey Coop, I'm everywhere on the map with my sleep. No, not really a night owl by nature...but I figure I might be by the time this is all done.

I used to get up early for work and was usually in by eleven...but now things have changed...I have no schedules to keep....I go to bed whenever and sleep whenever...not sure I like this...I use to dream of retirement and taking it easy..not so much anymore.

I'm definitely having my share of waves with some pretty good windows following.I seem to have reached a point in my healing that my brain is a little more comfortable with the waves..I think more accepting of them. Like the other day when I was in the kitchen I went into a wave..I said " here we go again..I thought left for the day..wave be gone" . The wave never left that day but I carried on with out having to spend the day counch bound.

I also think it depends on the severity of the wave..carry on ..or" hello my couch friend."

Sorry you're still struggling with the stomach stuff. I'm still using acid reducers a couple of times a week and watching what I eat.

In my first withdrawal I also dealt with this crap and had a test ( one of many) that wasn't to bad. I drank a flavored concoction in front of an x-ray machine..it wasn't to bad..no scopes at least.

The test revealed that I was refluxing and had a hyatal hernia..the doc said the hernia wasn't so bad and to take whatever acid reducer I was comfortable with. I continued with acid reducers for probably about two years only using them when needed. Now I'm back to the same ole thing..a repeat of things I thought were gone for good.

I hope to someday not have to use anything for the acid..but for now they're helping and not so bad.

Sure wish I could eat anything I want..but I might have to watch what I eat for a while longer.

On the menu for dinner.

Veggie soup

Beet salad

Beulah:  Like the other day when I was in the kitchen I went into a wave..I said " here we go again..I thought left for the day..wave be gone" . The wave never left that day but I carried on with out having to spend the day counch bound.

Well said, I totally agree.  depends on the severity, but we're able to carry on a lot in spite of waves now.

the ppi.  I'm with you.  I've been taking something throughout, nexium 40 mg at first, and now the 20 mg OTC.  (in the states, it's so expensive to get prescription nexium that insurance won't pay for it.  400 a month, I think.)  I was cutting down to 20 mg, anyway.  But like you I sense I'm better off on something until this mess is over, then see what I want to do.

you sound good.

Hi ... finished the painting ... two bedrooms and two hallways ... we have been waiting for this for over three years ...

It was a bit rocky at times ... so I just went slow ... woke up a bunch of muscles that have been dormant for quite a while ...

Still wavey ... and feeling okay ...

Be Well everyone ... we are getting there ...  :thumbsup:

Nova, you are da bomb!  sometimes we feel lousy, but we're doing things we haven't done in years, and to me that's healing

Okay, I caught up.  People sound better, generally. 

What is healing?  Are we "cured," in a moment, and we throw away the crutches with tears of joy running out of our eyes?

Or is it the slow and steady accomplishment of things we haven't been able to do for years?  Jenny being at her child's side during and after surgery and not thinking about withdrawal once?  Being able to think about her child and not how sick she is?  Nova painting his house?  Coop planning and being at her daughter's wedding?  Me getting to Atlanta and actually enjoying it?  Now dealing with the broken AC, the leaking basement, the clogged drain in the shower?  dealing with it without having a meltdown.  Beulah feeling a wave coming on in the kitchen, and doing whatever anyway?

Now I have to try to walk, even though I think it's 100 degrees.  Like Beulah, getting out and doing something helps me sleep.

On the menu for dinner.

Veggie soup

Beet salad

....Hi Beulah.  Yes, I agree ...after months and months we handle the waves better...I think we kind of get used to them and know that they will pass and a better day will come along. I also can do a lot more in a moderate wave than in year one, however in a strong wave I am like you...all bets are off and I am on the bed with hot packs, pillows, movies, BBs, blankies, and my dog... .

.You are so encouraging about this reflux stuff. Yes the barium swallow, I think k that would reveal alot and I just had a bunch of blood draws and other 'sample' tests. I am just not going to agree to a scope until the very last resort. At least the binding problem is getting much better. I am convinced that magnesium/aluminum ( which are the active ingredients in gaviscon) caused my gut to stop working...I think it's a hiatal hernia because it hurts when I lean over or use any muscle pressure in my upper chest or belly.  The tech who did my abdominal ultrasound said she thought she could feel a hernia... but hiatal hernias only show on a chest swallow test like you had or a chest ct.  I just don't want the sedation or the procedure. Did you have to do a scope?..  I am having some luck with smoothies, and all of the things you told me.  small meals each 2 hours, not eating belfort bed ( that's a hard one for me), not to go hungry.  extra fluid.  I probably won't see the gastrointerologist until after my daughter's wedding.  Now that things seem to be working a little better I am ok with that.

Beulah..  I really wish every day for all of us to turn this hard corner and be done with waves..  having said that, I think we are all sounding so much better in spite of life with sx. ...I have many less bed days... Your dinner sounds so yummy...I am having really good luck with baked salmon and brown rice with really soft carrots...I have yogurt and mango for lunch ....and yes the really soft mashed potatoes a few hours before bed. I am afraid to branch out too much from that yet. 

....Retirement....me too, this is not what I had in mind....but we have many many good retirement days in front of us....and I can't even imagine doing w/d while working....

....carry on Beulah....we are getting there....I feel 3/4 of the way there.....coop

I really hope I don't jinx myself here.

My window is continuing from a few days ago. Only hiccup was the night of no sleep on last Thursday. I actually felt euphoric earlier today somehow. It was almost as if I took ecstasy. My main thought is that my brain is finally getting some repairs done to my serotonin receptors. Especially because large amount of the depression just lifted out of nowhere a few days ago. I'm slightly sleeping better, which I know serotonin plays a big part in too.

I know this ordeal isn't over for me yet. The head clamp / brick feeling in the front of my brain is still there, but I can tell for sure it's diminished from what it has been the last 4 months. Hope everyone else's Monday is going well.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Bo...]
    • [4M...]
    • [Ch...]
    • [bi...]
    • [MP...]
    • [An...]
    • [Ne...]
    • [ry...]
    • [de...]