Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

I hope you do too, Korbe.  I agree that not having to go to a nine-tofive job has definitely been a luxury for me.  The world has gone on quite nicely without my presence!  And actually, my husband is also such a stay-at-home, my becoming a recluse has actually suited him fine!  Just hope he can handle me well again! :D :D :D

Drew,.  So sorry that you are going through this. Health fear really resonates with me. I don't have any words that lessen it.  but please know that I understand the absolute convincing voice of health fear. I am glad you had the head ct so you at least leverage some of the fear with the reassurance it provided. ....Hopefully the visual aura will not happen . I am thinking of you Drew.  Get through this however you can...it will end....coop

Hi guys,

I took yesterday off so I need to catch up on all the posts still. I'm really not in a great place.. I've been having very weird thoughts and just don't " feel right "in my head if that makes sense. Tons of intrusive thoughts, a little anxiety, my head and sinuses are FILLED with pressure, lightheaded, can't breathe at all. Im so disappointed that I'm still dealing with all this. I have so many thoughts that something is really wrong with me and this can't be w/d but I know it is.. Crazy that a pill can make u sick for this long.

Jenny,

I had the same thoughts too along w the same symptoms. As I sit here tying this my brain went from being pretty clear a 1/2 hour to my head getting whacked. I mean like not being able to function whacked.  I went into lala land. It's like a neural storm w tingles, I can't think, my anxiety spikes, and it ramps up really fast and slowly passes.  I get hit in the morning and late afternoon.  Scary.  It gets less and less and then it disappears after a week or two. 

I think no one else has this and it can't be withdrawal.  Well...I never had anything like this before so it's withdrawal.  Then life/Henry posted how much was withdrawal a little earlier today.

Hang in there dear.  :smitten:

Drew,

Thank you so much for this post... I'm so thankful right now that someone gets how I'm feeling.. Im sorry you are dealing with the health anxiety and panic, none of this is fun. I'm so thankful for all you guys on here  :smitten:

Coop- a wide open window for you, this is the best news!!! You so deserve this!! Just another reminder that things can change at any moment. :)

Jenny, I am so sorry that you are getting hit. Health fear and doubts about whether things are w/d or something more sinister are so hard to counter. I have found nothing really helps much. When I am hit with them the best I can do is endure and survive. .  It's devestating to have a stretch of windows and then get sent back to prison. ...Jenny, I think this is temporary wavy sx that will let up again. I am noticing that my waves are still miserable, but don't last as long as they did in months 16-19. ..Now my waves are half days or at the most a day.. This wave will end ....I am thinking of you....coop

Coop, I think your right my waves aren't lasting as long either, and in a window I feel really good. I think this one scared me a bit because I started having weird thoughts and not feeling like myself, I'm not used to the mental stuff so it really freaked me out.  The up/down is getting old, its so discouraging to feel like yourself only to get hit again. Thanks coop, Jenny

I'm getting major heart palps and other symptoms I usually don't get at night.  My symptoms are almost always best at night and right now they are in full force.  I wonder if taking 10mg of beta blocker yesterday is having a rebound effect?

I know normally it wouldn't carry over but I'm just so Damon sensitive to everything. 

Off to do a body awareness meditation.

Drew, when I was taking atenolol I got rebound palps every day in between doses. ..you are really in a spiral. I am so sorry this is happening to you. The Epsome hot bath soaks were always helpful for me when I would have palps.... You are going to get through this. ...Wishing you a much better tomorrow........coop

Drew ... hoping your rough ride settles down for you overnight ... we just never know how things will play out each day... and we do know things change on a dime ...  :thumbsup:

Jenny ... up down ... off and on ... yep ... and it can be discouraging ... and we know things will settle down again ... hope you have a good Monday ...

Good Morning ... had a quiet evening ... woke up after a couple of hours sleep with rolling anxiety and congestion ... stuffed up head and ears ... dozed off and on for a couple more hours ... just feel thick and sloggy this morning ...

Interesting that I did not respond to the anxiety ... didn't even bother to do some tea ... round and round we go ...

Hope we all can have a quiet day ...  :thumbsup:

Good Morning ... had a quiet evening ... woke up after a couple of hours sleep with rolling anxiety and congestion ... stuffed up head and ears ... dozed off and on for a couple more hours ... just feel thick and sloggy this morning ...

Interesting that I did not respond to the anxiety ... didn't even bother to do some tea ... round and round we go ...

Nova, glad to hear you are not having any anxiety.

Let's hope we get a quiet day, even though our quiet, would be quite unsettling for most " civilians " !  ;)

Hi guys,

I took yesterday off so I need to catch up on all the posts still. I'm really not in a great place.. I've been having very weird thoughts and just don't " feel right "in my head if that makes sense. Tons of intrusive thoughts, a little anxiety, my head and sinuses are FILLED with pressure, lightheaded, can't breathe at all. Im so disappointed that I'm still dealing with all this. I have so many thoughts that something is really wrong with me and this can't be w/d but I know it is.. Crazy that a pill can make u sick for this long.

Jenny, so sorry you are not well today. Pressure, intrusive thought, can really shake our faith in the healing process and that, is the worst. If we don't have our faith, we are worse than sick.

Of course it's crazy and evil that a pill can make you so sick.

Jenny, I have been meaning to ask you, could  you update your signature ? I know you are after 17 months, but can' t remember how much.  ???

Hope things lighten up for you. At least the head pressure and intrusives, you know ?  8)

Korbe--I'm 64 and a few months back I started a thread called "Is it because I'm old?"  It got a lot of thoughtful responses.  Lots of people want to assure you that age isn't an issue, but I actually think it probably does make a difference, just for the reasons you state.  EVERYTHING takes longer to heal the older we are, so why should our brains be any different?  Seems like there was a chart somebody posted about healing rates that indicated that yeah, the older you are, the longer it probably takes.

But this doesn't mean our prognosis isn't just as good as the younger folks, and it does seem that the older people have a little more patience, having lived through more before having to tackle this.  So we've got that going for us.

Galea is 69 and recently posted her success story.  She was a short term user saddled with a ridiculously long healing time, but in the end, she did heal.

As will you and everybody else here, young OR old! :thumbsup::smitten:

Korbe, I wish you highlight what FJ said.

I have read some really bad stories from younger buddies, I don't get the impression they are healing better or faster.

It may have to do with attitude, which according to Heather Ashton is very important.

I get it with my students. My older students end up doing much more, because they have the patience and the right attitude.

But of course, you are right, from a neuroplasticity point of view, it should take longer.

Hi dear friends....Well, once again I have been off for a day and have completely lost track of the posts except for the ones on this page and the previous one.

...just an up-date.....an EFFORTLESS MIND DAY for me today. So out of the blue. I was off yesterday because I was 100% miserable wavy in acute sx land.  I was mired in mini panics, anxiety, health fear , d/r, ...the full acute experience. ...This morning I woke up. .  woke up in a wide open window. I woke up at 4 but went right back to sleep until 8. I haven't slept like that in 3 months. Today I feel like a normal person with a very common physical condition....reflux, that one in three adults have . A condition that is easily treated. ...In other words .  today I am a rational normal person.  I hope it holds.

.      NOVA ....Happy Happy Birthday.  I am wishing you, of course...complete healing for you in your 68th year. I am so happy to see you back, although I completely understand the need to reflect on the place in our lives that BBs holds. ...and the ambivalence of being active....or not. ..I hope you feel more healing this week.

LIFE.  .what a great surprise to see you here. Thank you so much for the encouraging post. It comes at a good time. As you can see some of us are hobbling in this last leg of healing. So happy to hear that this is all behind you now. ..You have nothing but a bright life in front of you....

DREW,....so sorry you have been through it this week. It's been a bad wave for you. I read your post regarding the d/r that comes on like a light switch. Drew, it is all w/d. My d/r is so heavy sometimes that I feel completely disconnected from my body....seriously. I can't think..  at all and it feels almost physical. It comes with anxiety and the same feeling you have, ' this has to be something more than w/d...it has to be dementia or stroke or a brain tumor'. Then it clears and my mind comes back. I am thinking this wave should be starting to roll out for you.  I hope so you have endured more than enough this week. Sending love to you

.....I know I am missing so many posts and I apologize. It does,sound like a lot of us were in the soup this week...Hoping for a better week for all of us....coop

Coop, wouldn't it be funny and great if you were the next to wake  up one day,  feeling healed and writing a success story ?

I really hope that happens, actually.  :)

I hope you do too, Korbe.  I agree that not having to go to a nine-tofive job has definitely been a luxury for me.  The world has gone on quite nicely without my presence!  And actually, my husband is also such a stay-at-home, my becoming a recluse has actually suited him fine!  Just hope he can handle me well again! :D :D :D

Mr Sky is the same. I am trying to prepare him for the fact that, once I have healed, I will be wanting to make up for lost time ! ;)

'Tis a lousy Monday for me ... the head and ear pressure and my guts are acting up ... went for a walk and legs felt like anchors ... and some boatiness ...

Oh well ... discouragement aside, just another day in paradise ...  :tickedoff:

.  Good morning Nova..  yep.  the mornings of rolling anxiety. So resigned to it that we don't respond to it . I think that being so unimpressed by it that we don't respond actually works in our favor in the long run. I am with this morning in the wake up anxiety. I know it will lift in a couple of hours so it's a matter of waiting it out. Disappointing after such a great day yesterday....I hope the same is true for you....that things get better as the day goes along. Carry on Nova. ....coop

Korbe, I am 65....I have mixed feelings about the age debate. Piano Girl  is somewhere in our age zone and she healed at 17 months. And someone mentioned Galea who at age 70 healed somewhere around 2 years. I do think that in some ways our age works in our favor for reasons mentioned, life experience hones our patience and expectations. For me, the thing about age that is complicating things for me is some of the physical glitches that come with age....my doctor tells me that the refux I am battling usually hits people who are 50 and over. Fatigue, sore joints and muscles , sleep issues...these things have tripped up my progress, but I don't really feel more hindered than others on the board. For the most part I see people making great improvements as we approach the 24 month mark...great improvements with shorter waves of misery and periods of greater sunbreaks. I feel right there with everyone in that pattern. ...We are going to heal completely too....and despite wavy days we are getting closer...Be proud that you are taking this on at age 70.....I am following and your posts encourage me. ....coop

Sky...how are you ?. Is your good day/bad day pattern still holding?    Are your vibrations improving....thank you for the encouraging thought that I might wake up one morning and just be done with this. That happened to Beulah the first time that she went off. I would be 80-85%  consistently if not for the reflux flap....I wish every single one of us would wake up and be healed any morning soon. ....Hope this is a good day for you....coop

Drew, I am thinking of you this morning and sending you big wishes for a better day. Hope you are able to go low and slow for this day.  Love to you Drew.  ..coop

Hi Coop ... yep ... this stuff ain't as rough as it used to be and it is still lousy ... with all the goofy mental stuff thrown in ...

Had to go to the Mental Shoppe this morning and by another container of Patience ... seems mine ran out ... they had chocolate covered Patience in stock ... so ... sitting hear munching on my Patience ...

Hope stuff clears off for you quickly ... have a good day ...  :thumbsup:

Sky--re the husband thing--people with partners definitely have this as a challenge as we heal.  You've read the stories where somebody loses a ton of weight and, instead of being happy about it, the partner is threatened?  Change seems to throw people, even when it's ultimately for the good.

This past week I threw my new energy at the kitchen, which has been neglected, lo, these many years.  I don't mean the dishes haven't been washed; I mean the counters were covered with food products because the cupboards were packed with stuff dated 2007!  (My husband--lucky me--does all the shopping and cooking)  This morning, I'm pleased to say, I got a lovely dopamine hit from walking in there and seeing it all cleared out, but this did not happen without a blow-up from my husband, who just didn't want to hear that his three bulging files of recipes shouldn't be taking up precious counter space. My feeling was that, with me doing all the work, he should be cheering me on, not getting pissy!

Anyway, it's all good now, but yeah--re-entry is a story of its own.  A much better one to be living, though, and I wish you all these sorts of problems in the near future!  :D:thumbsup: :smitten:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [El...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ro...]
    • [jo...]
    • [So...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [Ca...]