Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

12-18 month support

[Gr...]

Hi All,

I'm still on the road to healing, doing my best to engage with my family rather than my symptoms.  Lately, I've been having really terrible stomach pain, especially after I eat. Could this be related to benzo stuff at almost 18 months off?

Thanks,

Peace2

Peace....unbelievable to read your post of stomach pain...That came on suddenly for me too about 3 weeks ago.  It seemed related to my cough/can't breathe thing. I did see my doctor because it just hurts...a lot. My doc thinks it's reflux or GERD. She wanted me to take a ppi...prilosec or something similar. I declined that but am taking gaviscon twice a day. I am so discouraged by this. I eat mashed potatoes and yogurt. Apparently the sphincter muscle in the stomach loosens allowing stomach acid to flow back into the stomach .  Or gastritis/esophogitis.  If it were not for this I would be so much better. I feel it in my back sometimes as well which according to my doc is common. ....Man, Peace I am so sorry your belly hurts.  It's hard to ignore when it's active.

.I love your comment about engaging with your family instead of your sx. Benzo is a jealous demanding revengeful companion....Doesn't give up gracefully.

...18 months out....Peace you have come so far I'm su h a difficult year.  I hate it that a new sx had hit you. I find that the Gaviscon does help and eating bland.  No fun. Beulah struggles with it too. I read a few entries on the belly pain thread, but it was too scary.  Don't go there. I saw some natural remedies for it on Pintrest, but if mine doesn't improve I am following up with my doctor ....at least she is not trying to get me to go back on benzo for it. 

.....Great to see you Peace...wish it wasn't because of a sx....feel better MightyGirl.  Hope you are getting some rest now that school is done.  Love to you....coop

Nova, thanks for the link to the success story. He seems to say what you have been saying all along, " It is what it is until it isnt"..  and don't give up....carry on....and our lives come back.  My mantras. ..

...Nova, I am so sorry that you are still with the Benzo flu.  I truly wish you some breaks from it.  It is so hard to feel bad this far out....when is enough enough?....I am still in the boat with you, so hand me an oar and we will carry on together. ..coop

Tab, welcome .  We are happy to see you here. So sorry you are having hard times. This is a great group for support and sharing information. Things get better..but it is easier with friends to go the distance with.  Wishing you better days..  cooperten

Marj.  You are doing such a marvelous job of toughing it through this.  I still find it so difficult to accept that it is this hard so far out.  I love it that you are on the thread with us.  I borrow perserverance from your posts every day.  I hope your day improves as you go along.  .coop

Good Morning buddies,

Nova  ... "Dzień dobry" and  thank you for invitation to this thread, it's nice you checked how to tell "good morning" in polish. My morning is not my best I'm dealing with headache and terrible dizziness. I'm feeling like I'm really just off the boat. Fortunately I see improvements because now I can write in English. Few months ago I could only read posts, writing and forming sentences was too much because of cog fog. :smitten:

Tabi, you are so welcome here. And yes, you are right, when English is a foreign language,  being able to be present on the forum at all, is an achievement.

Personally, wd has given me a hard time writing in any language, so I spent long periods of time off the boards.

Are you having this awful heat wave in Poland too ? I am in Italy, and heat is really bad in wd.

Well.. crap....I am definitely in a wave with painful belly upper belly pain and the health fear that it causes.  Nothing to do but survive and get through the day. Holding on to remembering what a great day Friday was.  and Saturday was also good.  So hopefully this is short lived.  But I have to say the disappointment and sx make me cry.  And then I move on.. ..Wishing everyone a good day with sunbreaks and hraling....coop

Marj ... there is a really good bakery in the Benzoland capital ... they make a fabulous chocolate chip cookie ... the Beast hasn't found this place yet so you should be able to enjoy one on your walk ...

And ... look around ... you are already on the Healing Island ... there are just a lot of noisy waves that distract us sometimes from realizing it ...

Noisy waves indeed !  ;D

I have been having noise in my head for 20 months now.

Btw, on top of everything else, today it's harder for me to write. It's incredible, it's like I have never ever used a keyboard in my life !  :tickedoff:

And I could not read the success story you posted either, it just made my head spin. Arrrgh !

It's 4 pm here, it's not going to get any better, I fear.

Oh well, this too shall pass.

Heal on ! :smitten:

Hi All,

I'm still on the road to healing, doing my best to engage with my family rather than my symptoms.  Lately, I've been having really terrible stomach pain, especially after I eat. Could this be related to benzo stuff at almost 18 months off?

Thanks,

Peace2

Peace, yes, yes and yes.

Coop, had something like that a couple of days ago when she was trying a couple of fries and some sprite. So just make sure you keep avoiding food that makes you sick.

So sorry you are having this.

Luckily, at least you are on holiday .  :smitten:

Morning  all,

Welcome TABI14, Join us on our recovery ride to healing.

I was on here lurking and reading the posts yesterday.. but was unable to post because of the horrible head pressure I've had for two days. I woke up this morning and it's all gone. I.have a little head pressure almost everyday but this was over the top.The nausea that came with it left me not eating anything but cold watermelon and crackers.

I will catch up with your posts later in the day.

Have the best day you can. :smitten:

Sky ... "I have been having noise in my head for 20 months now." ... sorry, but I had to smile at this ... every time I shake my head it often feels like something is rattling around ...

She who must be obeyed has mentioned using a crescent wrench to tighten things up ...  :laugh:

Hope your evening is quiet and the heat wave leaves ...  :smitten:

Hi Peace ... sounds like a good way to do things ... paying attention to family rather than the benzo stuff ...

I had that belly pain maybe 14 or 15 months ago ... went away on its own ... seems everything is connected to everything else ... why are we not surprised ...

Be Well ...  :smitten:

Beulah ... if you can ... when my head pressure gets way over the line I find an ibuprofen often lightens things up ... my pressure is caused by muscle/fascia tightness so the ibuprofen often helps ...

Hope you have a good day ...  :thumbsup:

Found this over in Success Stories ... it is worth a read ... and a reflection ...

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=137540.msg1843143#new

Thank you NovaScotia for this. Reading this eloquently written post has been a blessing, like an answered prayer today. I will refer to it often. What a beautiful writer....

Have the best day you can,

T

Marj ... there is a really good bakery in the Benzoland capital ... they make a fabulous chocolate chip cookie ... the Beast hasn't found this place yet so you should be able to enjoy one on your walk ...

And ... look around ... you are already on the Healing Island ... there are just a lot of noisy waves that distract us sometimes from realizing it ...

Are these the type of choc chip cookies that have no effect on symptoms? If so I would eat them till I’m sick (not benzo sick). I miss pigging out on chocolate so much, I have a store ready for when I am recovered. Sometimes I just stand and stare at all the chocolates in the supermarket. Don’t get me started on the window of Betty’s of York. Their cakes and confectionary are amazing.  :P

Marj.  You are doing such a marvelous job of toughing it through this.  I still find it so difficult to accept that it is this hard so far out.  I love it that you are on the thread with us.  I borrow perserverance from your posts every day.  I hope your day improves as you go along.  .coop

Thanks Coop, I’m glad I got on board as there is safety in numbers. I find this group positive even when suffering. Every single one is going to beat this. Hope your get some relief again  :smitten:

Morning  all,

Welcome TABI14, Join us on our recovery ride to healing.

I was on here lurking and reading the posts yesterday.. but was unable to post because of the horrible head pressure I've had for two days. I woke up this morning and it's all gone. I.have a little head pressure almost everyday but this was over the top.The nausea that came with it left me not eating anything but cold watermelon and crackers.

I will catch up with your posts later in the day.

Have the best day you can. :smitten:

That was me yesterday too Beulah, I did post but I nearly didn’t as couldn’t think because of the head pressure. Not there today just a  horrible headache

Hi 12-18ers:

I've officially graduated to 19 months off the poison. In retrospect, I had significant healing occur in the 12-18 month time frame. Truly amazing that low dose short term benzo can result in protracted wd over that time frame. But I've entered my 19th month feeling great with only a trickle of residual sxs that could not even qualify as a "wave." Hoping I'm not jinxing myself only to get slammed moving forward, but truly, the healing has been happening and my best wishes for all of you here still waiting for sxs to lift.

A special shout out to Cooperten, who has been a truly compassionate trooper on the board. May your future be filled with joy and peace. It will be done.  :smitten:

laser

Beulah....I am so sorry ...head pressure is so not fun....Glad to hear it is on its way out.  Damn...it just seems like we have put in our time now..  I sort of expect some low grade lingering sx, but not what some of us are still getting 18-24/25 months out..  I guess I need to borrow Nova's wrench and adjust the expectations that live in my head. I think there is a 'Whack-a-Mole' game going on 8n my head.  I just think things are going to be ok....and Whack!.  That thought gets pounded.... thinking of you Beulah....hope your day opens up to being much better.    Live to you.. .coop

Sky.  Yep..  noise and static and very strange conversations going on in my head ... 20 months.  I think we are entitled to a few tantrums as we get closer to the 2 year mark. ..

...  I can tell no difference in your writing..  it is always intelligent, cogent and very good to read. 

....I hope your sx lessens through the evening.  Wishing you good rest.  coop

Hi 12-18ers:

I've officially graduated to 19 months off the poison. In retrospect, I had significant healing occur in the 12-18 month time frame. Truly amazing that low dose short term benzo can result in protracted wd over that time frame. But I've entered my 19th month feeling great with only a trickle of residual sxs that could not even qualify as a "wave." Hoping I'm not jinxing myself only to get slammed moving forward, but truly, the healing has been happening and my best wishes for all of you here still waiting for sxs to lift.

A special shout out to Cooperten, who has been a truly compassionate trooper on the board. May your future be filled with joy and peace. It will be done.  :smitten:

laser

LJ-this brings me such joy!  Thank you

Hello again buddies,

Thank you for warm welcome to thread. It's easier to share the pain of this awful withdrawal with a bunch of buddies who know what kind of misery it is. My husband knows about my withdrawal and all the symptoms, he is very supportive but I think people don't understand what a hell we are enduring every day.

I was googling polish sites about benzo / antidepressants withdrawal forums and  I found nothing. When I found polish  forums about benzo I didn't find anything about withdrawal. I think people don't know about withdrawal from these poisons they rather believe in what doctors says. My doctor denied when I asked him about prolonged symptoms after stopping pills. He said "you are like diabetics who need insulin".

Sky... we have terrible heat in Poland, yesterday I had benzo flu until afternoon so the mixture of hot weather and flu was awful. But it's better than last year because I couldn't sleep at night. Now I can sleep  waking 2-3 times with these bizarre dreams.  Last year I couldn't stand the noise of the fan now it's okay.

Wish all good day

Hi coop and other buddies-

I'm pretty scared. The pain is definitely in my belly - not esophagus, left of center. I'm gonna hope it eases in a few days but it's been pretty constant since last night, building for the last couple of weeks. I've not read much about benzo belly but wonder if this is it or something else. Plan is to eat easy foods and rest.  I feel like Jenny had belly pain at some point. It's really quite awful. Feels like I should eat nothing and almost like I might pass out from the pain. Ugh.

Peace2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Da...]
    • [vi...]
    • [te...]
    • [Ga...]
    • [tr...]
    • [Li...]
    • [De...]
    • [Mt...]
    • [Fa...]
    • [de...]